Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,345 members, 7,943,857 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45941 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2010
@king,yes o.thank God for mercies.hw ur side?
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 2:09pm On May 05, 2010
kingboy:

k2
thanx oooo,atleast no be only me dey feel say people dey observe holiday for WTMH.we have resumed work oooo.
how far with your search for accomodation?

every body say somthing iam addicted to this thread

I'm still looking. Haven't been able to make up my mind yet. It's like you see one then you another that has some features you like. I'd try and take my time.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2010
light is back in my area after blackout for 2days,no more buying of water from mallam and the pumping m/c did a great job last nite.

ALL
dont let this thread go into a coma like our dear , (may his soul rest in peace amen)

k2
thats the way life is, i think in one of your post u made mention of things you look at b/4 embarking on this journey like closer to u,extra money to save,.

masky,axey,purewater omi tutu arer yiou thereeeeee
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:35am On May 06, 2010
hey guys. good morning. i'm on something like a computer fast - i returned the old one and am yet to get a replacement.

i dey o! so so drama for this country. May Yar Adua's soul rest in peace (finally!). I hope Turai is happy now.

@ ijoseda: pele. na so e be. keep an open mind. if the agent assures u it's a good area, take a look at it at least, and u can always buzz us here for the real info without all the agent's hype. may ur road be rough but short. rough so u get a real diamond. it helps to pray as well. God fit make person pack commot make u fit see house.

@ K2: na u dey enjoy. i prefer to look for a house when there's no pressure. Less likely to make mistakes that way.

@ kingboy and all: thanks for checking on me.

@ naijacutee: welcome to WTMH. of course u're eligible. me i no know the answer to that one. and i'm not fond of making major repairs on a house that isn't mine - unless i have a 25yr lease.

@all: my neighbours who occupy the flats on the other side of the building have a faulty pump. i still don't understand how this works, but all i know is that we have a water drought - again. luckily, my water drums came to the rescue, but we're running out. annoying. that caretaker is just a money collector is all. she doesn't take care of nada.

how una dey enjoy rain? my road is good, so not too many complaints really. oh and PHCN is a mess! angry angry
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:44am On May 06, 2010
@ naijacutee: oh yeah i just thought of something. how abt having shower curtains installed all round the bathtub or something (hope u get the general idea being to keep the water away from the walls)? u could have shower rods installed, and then u put the curtains. u can even use a colour theme tongue tongue
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2010
@all

in gidi presently. i saw houses gbagada o!!!, atunrase, harmony and ifako. i was not actually so impressed. saw 3br flats, but they are newly renovated. gave the checklist to one of the agents, him hand fall yakata. e know say i don do research well well. na you guys be my 'igi leyin ogba o' (backbone!! wink) thanks for all the tips.it came to play today. entered one house, the place was smelling so damp and i'm just sure there would be issues with the house there.
Re: Welcome To My House by gatarca(m): 3:28am On May 07, 2010
Please Folks.

I am in dire need of an apartment in Lagos.

I have a one year contract in Lagos and need someplace to stay during these period, i don't mind the location as long as it's not in any of those bushes,  or far on the outskirt.

My budget is 60k, i only need the place for a year. It could either be a self-contain, a mini flat or A room in a flat. I just need something with a good toilet and bathroom.

I need this before this month runs out.

Thank you very much y'all.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2010
Mornin all,2day doesnt feel lyk friday bt its one all d same.may d former presido rip,d king is dead long live d king,
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2010
great ya all r bak from abuja
its looking like my WTMH is back

icey
pele ooo,water na the thing for a flat,like a joke i heard sometime that says if you are in a flat and use a bucket of water to flush,it means you are living in a public housing.just endure it while it last.

All
this tips we are gathering something tells me will be useful by the time we will become LANDLORD.

gatarca
i believe you will find with that amount of money,

masky
wapa
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:37am On May 07, 2010
gatarca:

Please Folks.

I am in dire need of an apartment in Lagos.

I have a one year contract in Lagos and need someplace to stay during these period, i don't mind the location as long as it's not in any of those bushes, or far on the outskirt.

My budget is 60k, i only need the place for a year. It could either be a self-contain, a mini flat or A room in a flat. I just need something with a good toilet and bathroom.

I need this before this month runs out.

Thank you very much y'all.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked N60k?? ah! o ga o! even for north sef, i never see that kain rent. not even in the bushes that u don't want. don't u have relatives u can put up with for a year (everybody get one broda/uncle for lagos now, abi?) no matter how obnoxious the guy is, it's just a year, no? ol' boy, 60k na long tin o.

kingboy:

icey
pele ooo,water na the thing for a flat,like a joke i heard sometime that says if you are in a flat and use a bucket of water to flush,it means you are living in a public housing.just endure it while it last.

na so o! they sent the maiguard last night to collect money to repair the pump, na so my sister shout make the guy disappear from her frontgrin grin grin. after everything we paid for our own pump, they want us to contribute for theirs. e clear. angry angry
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:28am On May 08, 2010
still in las gidi, looking for a house, today is another day!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2010
@all

where is everyone, are we also observing a 1 day silence for the president!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 10:01pm On May 12, 2010
looks like our post over the past few days have been wiped off. cheesy
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:28am On May 13, 2010
Na so dem 'gods' delete our posts?wetin we do dem?mornin guys,gonna a fantastic day,
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2010
morning all

masky u r right,some post w ere here yesterday and was not this morning,wat could vbe wrong.i think we cant blame our peeps in the house probably they av been [postin and the "gods"decided to d there best/worst.

have blezd day alllllllll
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 13, 2010
hi guys,

sorry for my quiet spell. first i didn't have a computer, and now i have a seat where everyone can see my screen! but notting do me sha. i shall be using one james bond style now to conduct my NL activities. To all who asked after me, thanks for the concern. now let's get this show on the road!

The (In)famous Cele Bridge
Yesterday was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. see as people dey rush to use bridge like say somebody dey share free money there. ago palace way now worsened matters as a tanker completely blocked one road, and a trailer was doing its thing too at a busstop not far from the tanker. The result? small e remain i for trek go house from cele busstop. even surulere wasn't spared. i trek small sha. i'd rather walk than be stuck in traffic.

The (New) Water Pump
Has developed an electrical fault apparently, and my water shortage wasn't because of the other side's pump not functioning. if the same questionable character i saw was the one who fixed it, i'm not surprised. sheesh.

The Electricity Game
Na so me and my phase do hocus pocus yesterday. All of a sudden (the same yesterday o!) nepa take light. as i swear for dem finish, i come see say na only my flat no get light. hei. na so i march downstairs. touched this. touched that. moved the cut out from one socket to another. no response. changed the cut out sef (yes, we keep a spare. Nigeria we hail thee!). no show. i'd almost given up when i decided to try the last (and never b4 used socket). na so e work. whew. chronicle of my life.

all my peoples, how una dey sha? make una no vex with your sister. i never find another work, wey i go dey show my ogas my NL skills tongue tongue
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:25am On May 14, 2010
@ ijoseda

sorry we were quiet - i guess we were all unable to respond for one reason or the other. the place u're looking at in gbagada, does it meet the criteria on ur list? if it does, pls grab it quick! good flats like that can be gone in seconds. wink wink
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2010
Icey.

i don miss you o! the house is a very cool one. the landlord stays in the duplex in front. rather than make the house 2 duplexes, he built 3br flat *2at the back. i'm getting the upper flat. the rooms are BIG!!! i initially tot it was an architectural error! abeg make i no talk about other features make una mouth no dey water. but really, it met virtually all the criteria on the list. you guys are the best. imagine, when i showed the estate agent the checklist, the guy weak!

do you guys have any issues with living with the landlord? what are the pros and cons
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:46am On May 14, 2010
Living with a landlord?

Pros:
If you've got axey's arrangement (axey where have u been?), it can be an advantage. You can discuss directly with him about repairs, maintenance issues and any other issue. Just remember that axey's landlord is an easy going guy (from his description) and generally minds his business otherwise.

Cons:
There are some who are nosy, and want to lord it over you all the time - literally. That's the major con. They ensure that you don't have a say in matters you should normally have a say in, and expect you to be grateful that they let you live there (like say na for free, hiss). Unfortunately, this type constitutes a large percentage of live-in landlords.

If anyone has tips on how to handle such overbearing landlords, pls do share. I bet some people would love to put their landlords in their places - without necessarily antagonising the guy.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2010
icey,

my landlord is a top management official in a financial institution in this country. he seems easy going but very strict. one of my friends work under him and he describes him as someone that shares a hearty laugh with u this minute and then gives you a deserving memo the next minute. i don't think i'll have a problem with that sha, cos me sef no dey pass where dem put me. the rent is not his major source of income, another advantage abi?
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 12:33pm On May 14, 2010
the man sef no ask for "caution fee" as his agent suggested to him. he said he believes an adult like me should not go about destroying things in the house at will grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 14, 2010
well, he certainly sounds reasonable. i daresay you're one of the lucky few. i pray he turns out to be a model landlord, and doesn't change.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 1:07pm On May 14, 2010
@icey,

i agree with you men change all the time! i pray he does not change. i think i got a good deal with him sha! i'll keep you guys updated as things turn out. he also agreed for my rent to start in july!!! imagine that!!! he said his first son is about my age and that we are in same profession, so the soft spot is already there!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 14, 2010
aww. that's sweet. July?! Damn, if i was u i'd pay right now!b4 the guy changes his mind and decides to give it to someone who looks like his daughter tongue tongue. just kidding, but seriously u shd lock it down if u're taking it for certain. like yesterday. congratulations mehn. welcome to lagos grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2010
icey,

na true talk o! we are in the final stage of the deal. initially, i was very sceptical about the whole thing. it sounded too good to be true. i had to do a background check on the landlord, plus including grin the fact that he is my friend's boss, and a top management officer. he should not bail with my money grin grin grin. when i was forwarding my request, the ease with which e dey agree be like say i use JAZZ. the only thing wey i no fit change na the rent fee, which is also very reasonable!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 7:19pm On May 14, 2010
Well I wrote this before the aliens invaded the board and took our posts hostage.
@Ijoseda, what part of PH do you live? And if still remember correctly, Gbagada used to be Phase 1 & 2 are they still doing that?

@Icey, You don turn rewire abi na radionic sef, Speaking of which, I remember we use to have 3 lines coming into our building. We just switch the fuse back and forth. There was the phrase when non of the phases have power we'd say, it's general. Do they still have or say half-current?
Come o, Isn't Cele, the bus stop on the way to Mile 2? Why are folks rushing to use the bridge? Back in the day, people to just cut across anyhow.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2010
K2

i stay in Woji Port harcourt.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2010
@all,how una dey?its bn a while i really posted somtin gisty, no b my fault jare.evil pples have restricted my access in d office.na phone i dey take hook up but u know hw biatchy dt can be.anywaya sha,somehow somehow,we must have time for our own wtmh family na wink.hope u guys r chillin dis wknd,i dey house dey equalize for ma nu area.phcn is cool wit supply here and its generally ok.ijo my guy,wlcm to gidi o.here's wishin u a pleasant stay wit us.where axey dey sef?naija delta babe don carry am?king man/k2/bisowo,hw u dey?icey go soon begin invent motor cars if care is not taken o.as for ur water issue,just pay rainmaker make him invoke small rain for u.water go yapa for every angle.how ur sis?

nice wknd everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2010
yea yeas all in ths house say yeah yeah. the big pumpin is in the house. after too soo many po po po por champgne. enuf star , shepe, in the system anyway today bin busy left lagos yesterday night at 11pm, got to manchester today at 8:20 dashed home from the airport, dropped my bags and straight off to work and then just got home, demolished a largse size pizza from dominoes and hollandia youghurt as i carry 3cartoon come and also 3 giant bottles of groundnut bad belle people make i bottle break but mba i no gree i pack am put for inside plate. lol

well my trip was fu, saw a few people and wasnt able to see some, saw some but only for less than 5mins i do apologise. i will dedicate my july visit to your guys.

first few weks in lagos. all my neighbours happy, uncle jide, bro jide right from gate ooo. lol. dispensed all the goodies i brought for all the kids in the compound including the adults. thanks to asda. lol.

bought petrol but first 2weeks nepa was fantaboulousiticallymiraculosulykudosful that is to say light was great, no dey blink at all and even f it does just by the time you count 1-2 them don bring am back, very full current BUT 3rd week dem show pepper no be small, light no dey even show at all, just flashing ti and take it again. spent much on fuel and wasnt happy.

gave mu aboki money to busy soap and wash my clothes for me as i cant waer 1 cloth twice, the girl never returns my change so i have learnt anything you send aboki message always give them approximate money especially since i am friendly with all.

yes also beware of drunk drivers in lagos. i was in pako busstop in bariga before unilag gate, on sunday this drunk idiot waited for me to make uturn after which he just ran into the back of my neighbours hyundai sonata of which say the bumper na plastic as it was me driving and lagos boy, the guy just siddon inside mottor, i take slap remove am from driviers seat. to cut long story short i collect 8k from the guy that night, mopol for my guy bank collect , boys wey intervene collect, everybody drink beer, person wey get motor collect share me sef pocket the rest. hmm na wao see as we just share 8k and th bumper for the car na 30k of which very scare, well next day panel beater was able to patch it up. lol. welcome to lagos. either you bash or be bashed.

water erm er erm it was good throughout . no complaints.

road na wao i couldnt beliee the road each compound agrd t pay 30k which is 5k per flat the landlords are now trying to make a u turn saying 5k per compound whih is not even enough to start work. . well my landlord na correct guy, blasted all f them from the oldest to the youngest. lol. so we still dey manage our old road like dat.

police dem dey fear me.

lastma hmmm bad news, very idiotic people collected 2500 from me just becos i make mistake around oregun trying to get to ojota but was on the wrong lane by the traffic light hence i caysed build up of trafic. dem guy na craze.

henhen before i forget. gave my keys to my aboki only for me to come back and find out that the key to my sliding door has been removed from the bunch of keys, sarpmsharp i go buy padlock and chain to de secure my buglary proof. ole barawo. and also one of the teenager son of my neighbours do mistake carry my only and one better jeans wey i get inside their house come talk say hum think say na im papa get the jeans.
also one of the the female neighbours is geting married today so the flat beside me is now 5irls and no longer six. lol.

final jist. landlord wife wen i was going yesterday say uncle jide are you going i said yes she said eyaaa i thougt me and you would have gone to the neighbours wedding ooo. . i tell am say make she no allow oga landlord hear ooo,make he for no increase my rent for trespassing. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by eros(m): 5:10pm On May 16, 2010
Still on the matter.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 5:39pm On May 16, 2010
wait oo were the moderator dey, ? i posted somethinyesterday and cant find it now ooo. wetin happen ooo ?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2010
yea yeas all in ths house say yeah yeah. the big pumpin is in the house. after too soo many po po po por champgne. enuf star , shepe, in the system anyway today bin busy left lagos yesterday night at 11pm, got to manchester today at 8:20 dashed home from the airport, dropped my bags and straight off to work and then just got home, demolished a largse size pizza from dominoes and hollandia youghurt as i carry 3cartoon come and also 3 giant bottles of groundnut bad belle people make i bottle break but mba i no gree i pack am put for inside plate. lol

well my trip was fu, saw a few people and wasnt able to see some, saw some but only for less than 5mins i do apologise. i will dedicate my july visit to your guys.

first few weks in lagos. all my neighbours happy, uncle jide, bro jide right from gate ooo. lol. dispensed all the goodies i brought for all the kids in the compound including the adults. thanks to asda. lol.

bought petrol but first 2weeks nepa was fantaboulousiticallymiraculosulykudosful that is to say light was great, no dey blink at all and even f it does just by the time you count 1-2 them don bring am back, very full current BUT 3rd week dem show pepper no be small, light no dey even show at all, just flashing ti and take it again. spent much on fuel and wasnt happy.

gave mu aboki money to busy soap and wash my clothes for me as i cant waer 1 cloth twice, the girl never returns my change so i have learnt anything you send aboki message always give them approximate money especially since i am friendly with all.

yes also beware of drunk drivers in lagos. i was in pako busstop in bariga before unilag gate, on sunday this drunk idiot waited for me to make uturn after which he just ran into the back of my neighbours hyundai sonata of which say the bumper na plastic as it was me driving and lagos boy, the guy just siddon inside mottor, i take slap remove am from driviers seat. to cut long story short i collect 8k from the guy that night, mopol for my guy bank collect , boys wey intervene collect, everybody drink beer, person wey get motor collect share me sef pocket the rest. hmm na wao see as we just share 8k and th bumper for the car na 30k of which very scare, well next day panel beater was able to patch it up. lol. welcome to lagos. either you bash or be bashed.

water erm er erm it was good throughout . no complaints.

road na wao i couldnt beliee the road each compound agrd t pay 30k which is 5k per flat the landlords are now trying to make a u turn saying 5k per compound whih is not even enough to start work. . well my landlord na correct guy, blasted all f them from the oldest to the youngest. lol. so we still dey manage our old road like dat.

police dem dey fear me.

lastma hmmm bad news, very idiotic people collected 2500 from me just becos i make mistake around oregun trying to get to ojota but was on the wrong lane by the traffic light hence i caysed build up of trafic. dem guy na craze.

henhen before i forget. gave my keys to my aboki only for me to come back and find out that the key to my sliding door has been removed from the bunch of keys, sarpmsharp i go buy padlock and chain to de secure my buglary proof. ole barawo. and also one of the teenager son of my neighbours do mistake carry my only and one better jeans wey i get inside their house come talk say hum think say na im papa get the jeans.
also one of the the female neighbours is geting married today so the flat beside me is now 5irls and no longer six. lol.

final jist. landlord wife wen i was going yesterday say uncle jide are you going i said yes she said eyaaa i thougt me and you would have gone to the neighbours wedding ooo. . i tell am say make she no allow oga landlord hear ooo,make he for no increase my rent for trespassing. lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / Sagbokodji Island, Lagos Hasn't Seen Electricity For 100 Years / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.