Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,345 members, 7,943,857 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45941 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 11:47am On Apr 28, 2010
@king,no mind me jare.i'm sore wen m broke:-).seriously sha,na office block my gist.dstv is back,jst came in frm dem office.na hitv remain to tackle bt dt one go sort latest wknd.@ice,rora flex o.readin in btw loungin will make u c pins n needles.jst groove ur way tru.as per madam redcardin me,odeshi joo@babyme,nicon wldv bn borin,estate na d place.any college gist?@axe,make u no allow kingboy corrupt u o.better enta church bone bottles!day's gettin brighter joo!
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2010
iceblue:

yes we still do it. except that for people like me, it means more sleep  grin grin grin grin. govt can't be the determiner of when my house gets a spring cleaning.
2 out of 3 were negative. the nays have it!  tongue tongue
personally i think it just smacks of double standards and biased reporting. how their own take be?
@ all
my presentation went well (by His grace). but i shakara them small sha  grin. today's looking good. 5pm is certainly taking its time today. i wan go house.
So far from what I saw, it wasn't biased. It's more of giving accolades to the people showcased; how one could live happily and even thrive under the worst circumstances. I guess I should replace happy with proud. Of course FG, politicians and past rulers would be angry because their yansh has been exposed. They can no longer lie that their rule benefited Nigerians. Meanwhile, I'm sad because it's not supposed to be so. We've kind of conditioned ourselves to be used to suffering and accept that as our fate in the midst of plenty. There should be a violent resistance. Consequently, I'm angry because the criminals who stole all our billions are still walking free and some are even preparing to loot some more by coming back and using our wealth to torment us. I've not watched the 3rd Episode. I'm looking for it. One can't access BBC's videos online in the U.S.(I think) so I've been relying on bits from Youtube.
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2010
@Babyme, I think i went to Gwarinpa when I was in Abj. Isn't it a bit far from the city center like Asokoro or so? I like Abuja too. It's a really nice city. I hope the work of El Rufai won't be rubbished.

@Kingboy, Can you believe that we can't just seem to make up our mind anymore? This morning I was reminded again of one that we went to last year and I remembered how beautiful it was. Some does have some stuff more than others. There's a common saying here. The decision to buy a house (at least on the apperance) is always made by the woman. If she's not impressed, forget it. ANd what they target is, the master bedroom with all its trappings, kitchen and others.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2010
i am so so happy one of my niggy is promoted as sales depot officer after 8 1/2 years on a position, ithink that is the best news in recent times.

k2
keep looking for your taste and you will find

masky
u r bak on track,nothing do you.no bottle yet btw icey and i.hope to see his face and unmask you very soon.

icey
shop jeje,where do you shop?

babyme,
u r welcome,3 years ago iwas in abuja intern'l airport for safety trainning.abj has a setup that make me smile,u have the major city and the sub urbans, which means is either u r in or out.

house
the entire WTMH is getting dry are we tired or very busy, icey pour on us some ice water,

nite nite getting out of the office(sign out)
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
@kingboy,u fit unmask lagbaja?true talk as per d place bein a bit dry.where's ijo?bn a while we heard frm bisowo too.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2010
gooooood morning my peeps,icey,masky,axey,bisowo, k2 every body,
have urself a great day.

masky
na u i wan unmask grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2010
@king,odeshi in Jesus name.holy ghost fire!jump and pass.mornin 2 all d good pple in dis house.nobody dey answer where ijoseda enter o.icey,find am o!
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2010
@all

masky is the only true friend i have in this house. you can imagine, two whole pages i did not surface on the thread and nobody cared to ask?? sad sad sad sad sad

anyways, i've been following the thread, its just that i have a very hard decision to make and i have been trying,

is it true that house rent falls by midyear and that it is always highest early and late in the year?

I DEY FIND MONEY FOR HOUSE RENT O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Welcome To My House by gmattutor: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2010
Good morning people.

Sorry Ijoseda but I have not heard about that before. Money cometh in Jesus name.
Re: Welcome To My House by babyme(f): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2010
babyme,
u r welcome,3 years ago iwas in abuja intern'l airport for safety trainning.abj has a setup that make me smile,u have the major city and the sub urbans, which means is either u r in or out.

well that is what is seems but not really, kay, central area, asokoro,maitama is mostly government houses so asokoro for senators and maitama for ministers(then some personal houses around),then gwarinpa is for the retired or people dat just finished their government tenure and want thier personal houses, wuse business men, this is the bulk of people located in this places but different people are spread round tho, no where is actually the poor part except maybe the outskirts because its not really inside FCT, so from my pespective its in or out FCT, but then out fct is like two areas, and ive never even tot of it as abj tho, okay its like schools, boarding skuls, polythenics and abj uni that are located there, smiley
Re: Welcome To My House by babyme(f): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2010
babyme,

well that is what is seems but not really, kay, central area, asokoro,maitama is mostly government houses so asokoro for senators and maitama for ministers(then some personal houses around),then gwarinpa is for the retired or people dat just finished their government tenure and want thier personal houses, wuse business men, this is the bulk of people located in this places but different people are spread round tho, no where is actually the poor part except maybe the outskirts because its not really inside FCT, so from my pespective its in or out FCT, but then out fct is like two areas, and ive never even tot of it as abj tho, okay its like schools, boarding skuls, polythenics and abj uni that are located there, smiley
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2010
ijoseda
u r welcome back from ur search(we missed you like, )now that u r bak how much r they asking u to oay in Gbagad/magodo(those area sound xpensive to me)y not spread your tentacles atleast if the rent is killing u over there.I want u to put in mind something icey said in one of her post,get urself an apartment that after the first 2 years if the owner decide to increase the rent it will not affect your project. i wish u well in ur search

babyme
give us more gist about ABJ and school,s so as to remind some of us those good old days in college/poly/uni.much love

icey/masky
i think im beginning to get tired of a rented apartment,y not let us talk about owing a home of ours.MASKY shed more light on how u changed status,like how long it took you,was a loan or personal savings bla bla, i think some of us will need ur elderly sorry landlordly advise.

bride2be
how preparation and accomodation forur folks going?remeber something from his highness dont stress urself b/4 the d-day,take am easy and put efrthin into GODs's hands.the day shall be favorable and blissful in JESUS"s name(amen)

im still in the office and iam hungry,i received some consignment from Holland i gat to do some paper work(na one man dey work na plenty people dey chop inside)such is life
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2010
@omooba

you've spoken well. they are saying btw 500-700k pa. hmmmm, iceys idea abi i have that at the back of my mind too o. building in lagos, i never tot of it sha. i'll rather build in places like ilorin (grew up there), cheap land and at good locations too, collect rent and pay for my accomodation here. sincerely, i heard building in lag could be stressfull!!!

@masky

give us gist na. what were your challenges?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:07am On Apr 30, 2010
Mornin peeps,@ijo/king,d first part of d story is taking d decision to quit payin rent.once u fix dt in ur subconscious d rest will follow no matter hw long.commitment is also key,u gats to save dt dough even if u'v to shed some indulgences.decide wat u want,make ur choice.i dnt lyk livin wit pple,i was 'lucky' to get my 1st apartment so a detached place was alws on my mind.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:27am On Apr 30, 2010
Research is next.u hav to go lookin 4 info.i alws bought castles mag,browsd,read any ppty write up i cld find.it serves 2 purposes,keepin u updated & it also ginger's up ur subconscious(i blv dts wia evritin happens).info gives u power to take action.u also need to spread d word to relevant pple.let em knw u r in d mkt for either house or land in line wit ur decision.i decided on buyin a house cos my schedule can't handle d wahala of buildin frm scratch plus omo onile wahala.u must b ready for som element of CALCULATED risk.note d key word is calculated.weigh ur options pply.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:27am On Apr 30, 2010
Research is next.u hav to go lookin 4 info.i alws bought castles mag,browsd,read any ppty write up i cld find.it serves 2 purposes,keepin u updated & it also ginger's up ur subconscious(i blv dts wia evritin happens).info gives u power to take action.u also need to spread d word to relevant pple.let em knw u r in d mkt for either house or land in line wit ur decision.i decided on buyin a house cos my schedule can't handle d wahala of buildin frm scratch plus omo onile wahala.u must b ready for som element of CALCULATED risk.note d key word is calculated.weigh ur options pply.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:01am On Apr 30, 2010
Sorry for d multiple above.focus is key.in my desperation to become a landlord,i bought a couple of plots dat r jst idle @ d moment.an alt plan is important bt whilea avoidin puttin all ur eggs in one basket,do not spread urself in too many directions.i dnt thnk i need to talk abt d importance of prayers.y'all already knw dt.believe in d dream,if u want somtin hard enof u will get it.u also havta b realistic.u can't start chasin lekki ppty while earnin okoko money.cut ur coat accordin 2 ur cloth(knw ur limits so dt u dnt become history or do somtin untoward to achieve ur aim).plan!plan!plan!we actually waste a lot of resources cos we dnt av plans for em.water n nuture ur dream,never let it leave ur mind for a single day.it may b hard,not evribodi will hav a clue as to wat u r doin bt dnt let dream killers derail u.i thnk d preachin frm inspiration fm is ok for now.its friday joo.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:01am On Apr 30, 2010
Sorry for d multiple above.focus is key.in my desperation to become a landlord,i bought a couple of plots dat r jst idle @ d moment.an alt plan is important bt whilea avoidin puttin all ur eggs in one basket,do not spread urself in too many directions.i dnt thnk i need to talk abt d importance of prayers.y'all already knw dt.believe in d dream,if u want somtin hard enof u will get it.u also havta b realistic.u can't start chasin lekki ppty while earnin okoko money.cut ur coat accordin 2 ur cloth(knw ur limits so dt u dnt become history or do somtin untoward to achieve ur aim).plan!plan!plan!we actually waste a lot of resources cos we dnt av plans for em.water n nuture ur dream,never let it leave ur mind for a single day.it may b hard,not evribodi will hav a clue as to wat u r doin bt dnt let dream killers derail u.i thnk d preachin frm inspiration fm is ok for now.its friday joo.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:54am On Apr 30, 2010
goooood morning good people of WTMH
masky
i can feel u 2 da bone,in summary self decision,goals,dream,plan,share ur vision with people of likeminds, well i will share a bit of my experience

ijo
wish u well,i know this search can be hectic,

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY,
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2010
@all,

is jonathan declaring monday as public holiday?? chei i miss yardy already. he for don declare friday and monday as public holiday!!! nice weekend all!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2010
confirmed,monday is a holiday

where is everybodyyyyyyyyyyy

s.o.s
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
confirmed,monday is a holiday

where is everybodyyyyyyyyyyy

s.o.s
Re: Welcome To My House by naijacutee(f): 11:30am On May 01, 2010
Nice thread, I hope I'm eligible to post here. Damp is a big problem in my house. I think the bathroom wasn't properly built so somehow, the water finds it's way through the tiles and into the walls and reappears downstairs! At one point, the water from the bathroom used to trickle into the lightbulb box downstairs! This looked dangerous, but thankfully, my landlord is a really nice guy. He retiled the bathroom and this stopped the problem for a while, but it only resurfaced again. I think the (expensive) solution is to rip out the bath completely and put a shower with it's own shower walls in. But then, that's a costly option.

As for my neighbours, I don't know the people who live on the left. I think they are a family with small children, as I have heard children playing in the garden. Otherwise, they might be grandparents whos kids visit - I don't know, I have never set eyes on anyone living in that building before. Maybe it's because I leave home early and get back late. My neighbours that luve on a different side are a different story. I think it is a house that is sublet to different tenants who don't really know each other. The one I have seen before is a bit strange, I always suspected that he was a druggie, until one evening he knocked on my door and asked me to call the fire service as he hasn't got a phone, and he thinks he set the place on fire. I thought it was a joke so went to see, and lo and behold, there was smoke everywhere but the thing is he went back into the burning house and sat on the stairs! Anyways, I called the fire service, they put out the fire but the house still burnt down.
Re: Welcome To My House by 1ne: 7:31pm On May 01, 2010
Hello house.

@naijacutee: We had the same problem and it turned out a pipe was leaking inside the bathroom wall causing serious damp in the dinning room. It was also dripping onto the meter and phase boxes downstairs. Once the pipe was fixed, the damp stopped. It might be the same with your flat, the wall will have to be broken though.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 2:03am On May 02, 2010
Peeps,wlcm 2 d new month.may it bring joy unlimited.happy to let y'all know i moved.now i can officialy say wtmh!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:13am On May 04, 2010
A brand nu week.obviously pple enjoyd d xtended wknd.may our week b super!
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:16am On May 04, 2010
gurumorin peeps!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2010
amen(may the week bring us unlimited grace).
enjoy ur week all

nepa has been unfair to us in ogba,after i have flipped their top cry just because a life wire killed some guys and the people showed their disgust to the matter by visitng their office,see wat they are paying us for praising them.
howz nepa in ur area now

axey
werin dey sele,ur brake light no gree show
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 4:45pm On May 04, 2010
Where's Icewater and the rest of the crew? Is Naija still on holiday?
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2010
k2
thanx oooo,atleast no be only me dey feel say people dey observe holiday for WTMH.we have resumed work oooo.
how far with your search for accomodation?

every body say somthing iam addicted to this thread
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:15am On May 05, 2010
Mornin pples,k2+kingboy,we don resume o.ystday was so crazy i couldnt post jack.where's axey & ice?rest of d crew where u @?who saw traffic ystday?got home so late.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:46am On May 05, 2010
masky
praise the lord u r bak,great u saw the end of the work load for yesterday and it did not saw ur end.

my peeps its gonna be a glorious day,

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / Sagbokodji Island, Lagos Hasn't Seen Electricity For 100 Years / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.