Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,118 members, 7,939,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. (15689 Views)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Orilee9ice(m): 11:51am On Mar 12, 2010
I have read all "Accusations "n" shinanigins" on BRF here , some have made me smile cheesy, some have made me winch embarassed, some have made me  angry, angry, some have made me think, na bad belle jare,  tongue sad  and some have made me think if we still have level headed 9ijirians undecided,  i will not vent my anger at the screen like some of you have, but at the same time i have just this 2 say to the following NL-ders

@"Gbengapro" , hummmmmmmmmm wetin dey hot u sef, na only u dey pay tax for Lagos , how much is 350,000 naira sef (£1,500.00), if you are not happy, we fit pay you back di money now now so make u go siddon, or commot make we see road waka jare, a haa wetin!! angry

@Forpeace, i think you should change your screen name on here, cos its obvious you dont want peace at all, if you are, you will not be inciting pple on here to think evil about the guy, i have studied your methods and e bi like say u get personal grudge against BRF, is it just b'cos he didnt give you the contract you were after (which you would have done like all the others b4 and after you, spend and deliver later, )this doesnt mean u should crucify him like this,  ki lode, abeg, jawo ninu apon ti ko yoo, koo gbo mi la ka nor jo, ok, we have heard you, move on, what is new ?

shocked 2 everyone else in favour or against, NOBODY IS PERFECT, no matter what you do pple will still see the bad parts that you have done or not done and use it against u, the fact remains that if you had the oppurtunity to be in BRF's shoes at the moment, YOU WOULD HAVE DONE WORSE!, no be 9ja we dey talk ,  abi i lie, ? sad shocked

Ebenezer Obey don talk am, Ko sogbo to le da, ko si wa to le hun, ko so na to le gba to le fi ta'ye lorun o, ILE AIYE FUN GBA DIE NI O, OMO ARAIYE E SEE REE O! AFI KA HUWA RERE. RERE LO PE, OMO ARAIYE E SEE REE O!. Bi'ku le o pa ni ,to'de o le pa ni, araiye e gbo, awon to bani je, awon to ba nimo, AWON GAAN L'OTA ENI, OMO ARAIYE GONPA, MAMA GBARA LEE WON, Eni a fe ko fe ni ni yin, (omo araiye gonpa), EGUN LO FI S'OWO, (omo araiye gonpa!) ENU WON L'OTE, ENU WON L'OYE, A O BE'LENU MEJI SERE MO (omo araiye gonpa!) cool
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Oboma1(m): 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2010
Orilee9ice:

I have read all "Accusations "n" shinanigins" on BRF here , some have made me smile cheesy, some have made me winch embarassed, some have made me  angry, angry, some have made me think, na bad belle jare,  tongue sad  and some have made me think if we still have level headed 9ijirians undecided,  i will not vent my anger at the screen like some of you have, but at the same time i have just this 2 say to the following NL-ders

@"Gbengapro" , hummmmmmmmmm wetin dey hot u sef, na only u dey pay tax for Lagos , how much is 350,000 naira sef (£1,500.00), if you are not happy, we fit pay you back di money now now so make u go siddon, or commot make we see road waka jare, a haa wetin!! angry

@Forpeace, i think you should change your screen name on here, cos its obvious you dont want peace at all, if you are, you will not be inciting pple on here to think evil about the guy, i have studied your methods and e bi like say u get personal grudge against BRF, is it just b'cos he didnt give you the contract you were after (which you would have done like all the others b4 and after you, spend and deliver later, )this doesnt mean u should crucify him like this,  ki lode, abeg, jawo ninu apon ti ko yoo, koo gbo mi la ka nor jo, ok, we have heard you, move on, what is new ?

shocked 2 everyone else in favour or against, NOBODY IS PERFECT, no matter what you do pple will still see the bad parts that you have done or not done and use it against u, the fact remains that if you had the oppurtunity to be in BRF's shoes at the moment, YOU WOULD HAVE DONE WORSE!, no be 9ja we dey talk ,  abi i lie, ? sad shocked

Ebenezer Obey don talk am, Ko sogbo to le da, ko si wa to le hun, ko so na to le gba to le fi ta'ye lorun o, ILE AIYE FUN GBA DIE NI O, OMO ARAIYE E SEE REE O! AFI KA HUWA RERE. RERE LO PE, OMO ARAIYE E SEE REE O!. Bi'ku le o pa ni ,to'de o le pa ni, araiye e gbo, awon to bani je, awon to ba nimo, AWON GAAN L'OTA ENI, OMO ARAIYE GONPA, MAMA GBARA LEE WON, Eni a fe ko fe ni ni yin, (omo araiye gonpa), EGUN LO FI S'OWO, (omo araiye gonpa!) ENU WON L'OTE, ENU WON L'OYE, A O BE'LENU MEJI SERE MO (omo araiye gonpa!) cool

Na wah for this Justice Oputa!.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by forpeace: 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ Orile9ice : hmmmnn so na u be spokesman now for BEF abi ? ?shei u don turn bamidele? u be real employee abi u be busy body? ?abeg free d matter make lagosians pour out their mind. .we say we no want thief as governor . .na by force? ?abi no be human being be yaradua wey rule katsina for eight years no run the state down? ? abi no be el-rufai wey rule abuja perform wonders no steal billions? ? who tell you say na compulsory for nigerian governor to thief thief? ?abegey u be old skool nigerian . .this one wey u dey convert naira to pounds u be diasporan? ?u better go back to UK make we for here continue to dey demand good governance free of corruption

Rascally poster with zero intellect abeg commot for hia! ! na way forward we dey find for lagos . . .the old ways have gone. . .naija need to move forward and anybody with backward thinking make e go die
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Otobroto(f): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2010
forpeace:

@ Orile9ice : hmmmnn so na u be spokesman now for BEF abi ? ?shei u don turn bamidele? u be real employee abi u be busy body? ?abeg free d matter make lagosians pour out their mind. .we say we no want thief as governor . .na by force? ?abi no be human being be yaradua wey rule katsina for eight years no run the state down? ? abi no be el-rufai wey rule abuja perform wonders no steal billions? ? who tell you say na compulsory for nigerian governor to thief thief? ?abegey u be old skool nigerian . .this one wey u dey convert naira to pounds u be diasporan? ?u better go back to UK make we for here continue to dey demand good governance free of corruption

Rascally poster with zero intellect abeg commot for hia! ! na way forward we dey find for lagos . . .the old ways have gone. . .naija need to move forward and anybody with backward thinking make e go die

Bros, you harsh oh!.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Orilee9ice(m): 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2010
smiley

@4peace
9ice one! but i will ignore your "sermon on the mount" Epistle si awon ara rome, for prosperity to reign cool if God gives you the oppurtunity to get there, we shall see what u will do, by their deeds ye shall know them, wink if you are this biased against BRF, I wonder what you will say about the "Bling Gov of Oyo State, Ori yato so'ri abi? SE YA KETTLE DON EMPTY NOW SHA!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Orilee9ice(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
[b]Rascally poster with zero intellect [/b]abeg commot for hia! ! na way forward we dey find for lagos . . .the old ways have gone. . .naija need to move forward and anybody with backward thinking make e go die

@ 4piss abi wetin u dey call unasef, EH I JUST SAW THAT ONE O, you suya eating, pure water drinking, Ali cat crumb cake, dont try me o!!  cool cool cool you are like Cornflakes without milk grin grin cheesy EMI, ZERO INTELLECT, SHUUUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! tongue tongue tongue na you go go die, o maa leepo ni! cheesy
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by eleshin(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2010
all dis accusations against fashola can best b described as d script of some politician who are about to be disgruntled.compare to his predescessors he is a saint,he has generate more money and he's done more in every aspect of governance u can always think of.if we shud start d probing lets start from d administartion of mobolaji johnson.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Otobroto(f): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
eleshin:

all dis accusations against fashola can best b described as d script of some politician who are about to be disgruntled.compare to his predescessors he is a saint,he has generate more money and he's done more in every aspect of governance u can always think of.if we shud start d probing lets start from d administartion of mobolaji johnson.

You started your argument well, but lost out at the end. You sounded immature at the end.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Enjoyment1(f): 12:34am On Mar 17, 2010
Court restrains Lagos Assembly from probing Fashola on group’s allegations
By Tony Amokeodo, Published: Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010

The Lagos State Governor, Mr.

A Lagos High Court in Ikorodu on Tuesday restrained the Lagos State House of Assembly from probing allegations of financial impropriety levelled against Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) and the lawmakers by a group, The True Face of Lagos.

In his judgment on an application by a human rights activist, Mr. Richard Akinnola, against the state Assembly, Justice Habeeb Abiru held that Akinnola had the locus standi to sue and consequently dismissed the preliminary objection of the Assembly.

He also granted an injunction restraining the Assembly and its agents from acting on its resolution of January 28, 2010 which directed the investigation of the allegations by the group.

The judge added that the Assembly could only commence the investigation when its resolution had been first published in its journal or in an official gazette of the Lagos State Government.

The judge also held that the Assembly’s inauguration of a six-man committee to probe the allegations without the publication of its resolution in its journal or official gazette of the state government was a fundamental breach of the 1999 Constitution, saying that the action was unconstitutional, illegal, unlawful and of no effect.

But the judge refused the prayer of the activist that dwelled on natural justice and the propriety of the Assembly to probe the allegations, saying that the power of the Assembly to investigate any allegation was sacrosanct.

According to Justice Abiru, “The power of this court to sanction the activities of the defendant (the Assembly) begins and stops only where the action violates the provisions of the constitution. Thus, the contention of the claimant (Akinnola) on this point, though attractive, must be rejected and it is hereby rejected.”

Having reviewed the submissions of the lawyer to Akinnola, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, and that of the Assembly, Mr. Festus Keyamo, on the issue of locus standi, the judge held that he was persuaded to follow the new thinking and orientation on the issue as represented in Gani Fawehinmi v. FRN as against the rigid definition of locus standi as started in Bewaji v. Obasanjo.

He said, “ The claimant has stated in the affidavits in support of the originating summons that he was resident in Lagos State and he deposed that he was a journalist of 28 years’ standing, a human rights activist, a taxpayer in Lagos State, an author of several books on law and human rights and the media and he proceeded to catalogue the several books and monographs he had authored and the different positions he had held in professional, political and human rights organisations and he stated the fact that he had previously litigated a public interest matter in suit no. M/46293-Ricahrd Akinnola v Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (1994) 4 JHRPL 250.

“None of these facts was denied or countermanded by the defendant. This court will thus accept them to be true and correct.

According to the judge, “These averments show that the claimant is a responsible member of the society and is a person that has over the years been involved in the agitation for good governance in the country and he qualifies as one of the people that can be described as ‘the conscience of the nation.’ This court finds and holds that these facts disclose sufficient interest to invest the claimant with the necessary locus standi to commence and prosecute this action.”

The judge further berated The True Face of Lagos, saying that the group was faceless and had never been known to champion good governance, just as he insisted that it was not proper for the Assembly to act on the group’s publication as against a petition addressed to the Assembly.

He said. “The group that made the publication was faceless without any known address or location other than an email address and no documents were published in the advertorial to support any of the allegations. They were bare allegations and above all, the allegations were not contained in a petition addressed directly to the House of Assembly but published in an advertorial. The group has not been known or associated with the struggle for good governance and probity in government expenditures in Nigeria.”

Akinnola had filed the action to challenge the propriety of the Assembly’s probe of the governor based on allegations by the group while the Assembly had filed a preliminary objection on the grounds that the activist had no locus standi to institute the case.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003171242542
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Hardtalk: 12:42am On Mar 17, 2010
Enjoyment1:

He said. “The group that made the publication was faceless without any known address or location other than an email address and no documents were published in the advertorial to support any of the allegations. They were bare allegations and above all, the allegations were not contained in a petition addressed directly to the House of Assembly but published in an advertorial. The group has not been known or associated with the struggle for good governance and probity in government expenditures in Nigeria.”
/quote]

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Enjoyment1(f): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
Na wah oh!. Fashola with his many enemies.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
[b]Fashola is doing a lot of good for Lagos, better than any predecessor, but I'm quite alarmed at the 'godlike' status some are giving him. We keep screaming for accountability in leadership, isn't this an opportunity for Fashola to put his enemies to shame? by allowing the probe?

The most disturbing thing is that we seem to be saying its ok to embezzle, as long as you 'do something'. Its the same formula el-Rufai used in Abuja. He performed but he chopped like CRAZY, yet, if you tell the average Abuja resident el-Rufai has been re-appointed FCT Minister he'll probably have an o.r.g.a.s.m!

I don't support this 'KUNTA-KINTE' mentality. Its the same wayo the oyinbo's used on our forefathers - they showed us mirror and we embraced their 'leadership' and gave them complete control over our land and resources! This follow-follow for abracadabra may be in our blood but it is not the way forward abeg!

I still look forward to the day we have leaders who are not afraid to answer accountability questions, regardless of their performance.[/b]
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Enjoyment1(f): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
marissa:

[b]Fashola is doing a lot of good for Lagos, better than any predecessor, but I'm quite alarmed at the 'godlike' status some are giving him. We keep screaming for accountability in leadership, isn't this an opportunity for Fashola to put his enemies to shame? by allowing the probe?

The most disturbing thing is that we seem to be saying its ok to embezzle, as long as you 'do something'. Its the same formula el-Rufai used in Abuja. He performed but he chopped like CRAZY, yet, if you tell the average Abuja resident el-Rufai has been re-appointed FCT Minister he'll probably have an o.r.g.a.s.m!

I don't support this 'KUNTA-KINTE' mentality. Its the same wayo the oyinbo's used on our forefathers - they showed us mirror and we embraced their 'leadership' and gave them complete control over our land and resources! This follow-follow for abracadabra may be in our blood but it is not the way forward abeg!

I still look forward to the day we have leaders who are not afraid to answer accountability questions, regardless of their performance.[/b]

You are really a diplomat! grin
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Prestonvic(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2012
tpia.:
look, make una carry una joblessness go.

No be today Nigerians don dey cook up stories to smear the character of hardworking leaders.

You are not dealing with harebrained children here, although of course na your type go swear human beings turned to cats, dogs and elephants while you were watching.

then later you start wondering why the entire country has a bad image.

Would you say the same thing if this was written about GEJ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

APC Flays Fayose For Tagging Buhari A Liar / Zamfara APC: Supreme Court Adjourns Application For Review Of Judgment / We’re Still Searching For Fighter Jet That Went Missing About 6 Months Ago – NAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.