Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,128 members, 7,939,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] (6713 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this 1st leg encounter?

FC Porto: 50% (5 votes)
Arsenal: 30% (3 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 / Arsenal Vs Stoke City (1 - 0) On February 2, 2013 / Newcastle Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On February 2, 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ HNIC

Cut FAB4 some slack,the Porto squad is bent on removing his ankle,he's performed wonderfully under the circumstance
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
Arsene has lost the plot
What's Eboue coming in for?
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by asscend: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
Vela and Walcot, Feather weights.

They cant even touch the ball.

Arsenal paying the price of relying on small boys.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by snowdrops(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
My god. Ebuhe wey dey run pass ball shocked shocked shocked

Wenger is finished, if this is who he has on the bench to rescue the match
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
rasputinn:

@ HNIC

Cut FAB4 some slack,the Porto squad is bent on removing his ankle,he's performed wonderfully under the circumstance
Nope
He's been poor!
He has done nothing today!!!
Sol has been a rock in defence!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
rasputinn:

Arsene has lost the plot
What's Eboue coming in for?
Cut AW some slack also
Is it RVP,Eduardo or Ade that will come in?
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by snowdrops(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
asscend:

Vela and Walcot, Feather weights.

They cant even touch the ball.

Arsenal paying the price of relying on small boys.

Cheap particle run belle
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by asscend: 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
They cant even do something decent with all the corners they have had.

The issue with this team is that they can't score.

Period.  Buy proper strikers who can shoot.

ARSENAL SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by coolguyz(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
why did diaby nt shoot dt ball??. . . . .tire for these Arsenal boyz o
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2010
Diaby is an IDIO.T,why wouldn't he just SHOOT the fuc.king ball
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by asscend: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
ARSENAL SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

STOP THIS NOSENSE PASSING.

JUST SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by proudly9ja(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
Why Wenger had to bring in Walcott, I don't think Il understand. Eboue would have been a better substitute at that point in time.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2010
2-1
We gifted Porto the two goals
We'll see at the Emirates in 3 weeks time
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2010
rasputinn:

coolguyz:

why did diaby nt shoot dt ball??. . . . .tire for these Arsenal boyz o

Shoot the ball into a crowd of Porto players with one charging at him like a hungry hyena
You guys just sit the fu/ck behind the TV and dont actually play, so i am not surprised!!
Psssff!!

asscend:

They cant even do something decent with all the corners they have had.

The issue with this team is that they can't score.

Period.  Buy proper strikers who can shoot.

ARSENAL SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Stop hyperventilating you raaaasclaat
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by presido1: 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2010
rasputinn:

The gaffer thought them otherwise.

Is the UCL slipping from AW hands? Anyway Arsenal has second leg to keep the flame burning.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by Gekko(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
Arsene need to declare a state of emergency on "shots on goal". i am tired of all the pre-intimacy just shoot to damn ball, especially when we are behind and the clock is running out.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by proudly9ja(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
Those slating Eboue should know that he is the only Arsenal forward outside Arshavin that actually runs at opposing defenders.

Also we need to do something about Denilson. He can't defend and he gives us nothing going forward,  we are missing a lot letting Diaby stay in front of the back four!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Cut AW some slack also
Is it RVP,Eduardo or Ade that will come in?

Nope,his subs were dodgy
Hw removed the only player that was taking shots at goal;Rozzy and left Diaby who is under a curse that should he take just a single shot in this match,his balls will dissappear and he's die on the field
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by proudly9ja(m): 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
rasputinn:

Nope,he's subs were dodgy
Hw removed the only player that was taking shots at goal;Rozzy and left Diaby who is under a curse that should he take just a single shot in this match,his balls will dissappear and he's die on the field
Rosicky was tired and so was Nasri. My only anger is why bring in Walcott who has not done anything note worthy in his last 2 games, to replace him? Eboue would have been a better substitute in my opinion.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by asscend: 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
tHIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM.--- SHOOTING.

CHELSEA HAS GOT LAMPARD

MAN U HAS - SCHOLES, CARRICK & ROONEY

LIVERPOOL HAS GERRAD

BUT ARSENAL, NO ONE.  

THEY PREFER TO PASS THE BALL WITH NO END RESULT AT THE FINAL STAGE.

THATS WHY THEY LOST TODAY AND THAT HAS BEEN THEIR MAJOR PROBLEM WEN THEY LOOSE MATCHES.

ARSENAL SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
MrCrackles:

Shoot the ball into a crowd of Porto players with one charging at him like a hungry hyena
You guys just sit the fu/ck behind the TV and dont actually play, so i am not surprised!!
Psssff!!
Analysts on the net,on TV say we dont shoot, so sometimes people think its kool to shoot even from the halfway line! grin
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by presido1: 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
FAB4 call them school boys goals, he is not happy at all.

HNIC:

Analysts on the net,on TV say we dont shoot, so sometimes people think its kool to shoot even from the halfway line! grin
Goals are scored sometimes by deflection. Give it a try you never know what the out come will be. Nobody keeps his post open for you to score.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

It is beggars belief some peeps who claim to know a lot about football believe it is all about shooting
Very daft!!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by 4tune1(m): 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
Gayners how market? Lost as usual, sorry o
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by proudly9ja(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
I can't eally fault Sol and Fabianski for the second goal. If you watch the replay, the ref was standing right in front of Sol. He blocked our player!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
presido1:

FAB4 call them school boys goals, he is not happy at all.
Goals are scored sometimes by deflection. Give it a try you never know what the out come will be.
Sometimes when we shoot,like we did tonight and the opponent stops it,we don't notice it.
The lads played well tonight.
We were undone by Fabianski
and I still can't imagine an indirect kick being played quickly in the 18 yard box and the ref seizing the ball from the goalie and handing it over to the Porto player!
The Stuff looked like something from a home movie!!!!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
proudly9ja:

I can't eally fault Sol and Fabianski for the second goal. If you watch the replay, the ref was standing right in front of Sol. He blocked our player!
Thought I was the only one that noticed it.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by asscend: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
mR cRACKLES, THE OWN GOAL CAME AS A RESULT OF SHOOTING TOWARDS THE POST.

ARSENAL DID NOT DO THAT TODAY.
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
I am not worried. . .
It is not a catastrophic loss, Porto will be mauled when they come to Arsenal next month. . . . .
We couldav won but didnt. . . 2 sloppy goals, but ay, there is a lotta positives. . . .
I am confident we are going through to the next round and Porto knows this. . .
End off!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by HNIC(m): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
Anyone remebers the Rozzi penalty shout
If that wasn't a penalty,I wonder what is
Referee was a disgrace!!!!!!!!
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
Okay now,that's it 2-1 congratulations to Porto,they will come to the Emirates and will be the team to concede and get knocked out.Watch this space
Re: Champions League: Porto Vs Arsenal On 17th February [2 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2010
asscend:

mR cRACKLES, THE OWN GOAL CAME AS A RESULT OF SHOOTING TOWARDS THE POST.
ARSENAL DID NOT DO THAT TODAY.
I said it before, you know fu/ck all about football. . .
How can you say the own goal came as a result of shooting towards the post?
Was it actually a shot or an attempt to cross?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UCL: Bayern Munich Vs Manchester City (2 - 0) On 27th September 2011 / Celtic vs Barcelona - UCL - (0 - 1) On 1st October 2013 / Chelsea Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) On 19th May 2024

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.