Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma (7427 Views)

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
The truth is that this man is one rare truly detrabilised man you can get in Nigeria. The character that runs in him is Honesty and Intergrity.

Yes, he has used his priviledged position to make some real good money for himself (you can call him anything you like!), but no one is a saint, giving the same opportunity and priviledge, most castigating the General here will do more. He is not a flamboyant person, that I can boldly say.

Most of the oil blocks allocated to him were more or less used to curry his favour by in-coming military men.

Go to any of his companies today, they are mostly run by people engaged on merit. He is a Takum man that engages you based on what you can deliver and not because you are "my tribesman".

Most of the people shouting themselves hoarse here are simply doing so because the man is not from their own part of Nigeria. If he happens to be a ND man, will the noise be this much?
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
ilugunboy:

The truth is that this man is one rare truly detrabilised man you can get in Nigeria. The character that runs in him is Honesty and Intergrity.

Yes, he has used his priviledged position to make some real good money for himself (you can call him anything you like!), but no one is a saint, giving the same opportunity and priviledge, most castigating the General here will do more. He is not a flamboyant person, that I can boldly say.

Most of the oil blocks allocated to him were more or less used to curry his favour by in-coming military men.

Go to any of his companies today, they are mostly run by people engaged on merit. He is a Takum man that engages you based on what you can deliver and not because you are "my tribesman".

Most of the people shouting themselves hoarse here are simply doing so because the man is not from their own part of Nigeria. If he happens to be a ND man, will the noise be this much?

How about if he was a Yoruba man?. . . That sort of reasoning doesn't even begin to sound sensible. angry
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by wirinet(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
I wonder why people are crucifying T. Y Danjuma for having the courage to come out and tell the truth - Oh i forgot Nigerians abhors the truth, we are in love with lies and liars. No body among our revered billionaires had opened up on how they made their billions and this includes our "men of god", our politicians, our royal fathers and even our so called business men. Yet we shower praises on Mike Adenuga, Dangote, etc, without caring how they made their first billions.

Danjuma had been a man of integrity and had not been implicated or even suspected by any body or any organization during any of his public service.

Yes, i quarrel with the practice of allocating oil blocks to people outside of the Niger delta while leaving the people who owned the land  with nothing, but Danjuma did not create the situation. That is the anomality within the Nigerian federation we must fight against. Danjuma is not expected to refuse the oil block as i know of no human on earth that would do so.

I believe Danjuma show vie for the presidency if his health permits as he is the least controversial among the leading candidiates. He is a northerner, so that would satisfy the mythical zoning arrangement, he is a christian, he is completely detribalized and he is well respected within the military and even the civil society organizations.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^
God bless you jare. Dont mind all these NL noisemakers.

At times I wonder whether we prefer to live in ignorance than to know the (even if unpleasant) truth. There are thousands of billionaires in Nigeria whose sources of wealth are questionable, and they keep quiet about it. Danjuma, being the blunt, sharp-shooter that he is, has come out to openly reveal his vast wealth. Even going further to earmark a sizeable $100M to charity. Yet all people can do is whine, nag, and make incoherent noise. The system that facilitates such access to easy fortune is flawed, agreed. But does that make its beneficiaries villains? If fate or time and chance, or even 'God's favour' places YOU in that sort of favourable position, would you do any less than what Danjuma did? I terribly hate hypocricy and that is just what all these self-righteous rants amount to. Better pray for God's blessings and favour so that we would have own own fair share of the good life, rather than continue to whine your way down the pit of nothingness.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
Beaf:

How about if he was a Yoruba man?. . . That sort of reasoning doesn't even begin to sound sensible. angry

Looks to me like I touched a raw nerve grin shocked.

Beaf, you are a good guy, but your arguements sometimes betray a man that feels cheated by the system.

You just can't continue whinning all day cheesy. How I wish your fellow ND elite feels the kind of passion you have for Niger Delta.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Ibime(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
I dont know how this issue jumped from Danjuma to MEND.

MEND is not Mossad. . . as it is, the boys have overachieved by holding the nation to ransom with just a few speedboats and AK47's. . . they do not have the capability to carry out inland attacks and have never done so. . . .or do you lot think Danjuma is sitting on his front porch waiting to be shot?

Anyway, back to the issue at hand.

This story exposes the wickedness of Obasanjo's 1978 Land Use Act.

Did the community where Danjumas oil block is situated ask to sell the land or give it away free to the Government?

The people's land has been stolen and given to the members of the cabal in the name of "Federal Land".

After now, someone will come and tell us that the land is Federal Land. If the land is Federal Land, it should NOT then be privatised.

Does it sound fair for FG to come and steal your land, sell it the next day, and pocket the change?

Land Use Act indeed!

This is the most detestable form of piracy.

My own question for Danjuma is: How much of the $100m are you giving back to the community you stole the land from?
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by redsun(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
Onye-oshi,ole,balawo-banza,just like obasanjo.These motherfuckers take nigerians for one smooth ride.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 1:33am On Feb 20, 2010
@Ibime

Well said. You really hit the nail on the head.

Everybody forgets that these lands are simply seized by the govt.
Some have come come here to hail Danjuma like he is some sort of beneficiary of fortuitous circumstances, like he wasn't one of those who created the evil rules for extorting the ND. There is nothing about "business as usual" or "anybody would have done it", we are talking about peoples livelihoods being seized and "allocated" to govt or ex-govt officials. There is no level of fraud and corruption more insidious than this.

It is a fraud committed on several levels, first against the ND and then against the country. There is no accounting of these blocks to the treasury, there are no taxes paid, there are no fees paid, the blocks are “allocated” to individuals with no oil prospecting/drilling knowledge. . . It goes on and on.
In the meantime, there is poverty everywhere, no structures or power supply, because oil blocks and Nigeria’s money is going into private pockets.

@ilugunboy
The nerves of the average 9ja are raw 24/7  grin
Everybody outside the corrupt ruling classes is severely cheated by the system, it only varies in degree. Something needs to be done, even if it looks innefectual, every drop counts toward creating an ocean.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 2:01am On Feb 20, 2010
Ibime:

My own question for Danjuma is: How much of the $100m are you giving back to the community you stole the land from?

Exactly. He should make 100% restitution including a comprehensive apology to Nigerians and the remaining indigenes of Zaki-Biam.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by marvix(m): 8:06am On Feb 20, 2010
Better pray for God's blessings and favour so that we would have own own fair share of the good life, rather than continue to whine your way down the pit of nothingness.

That is d kind of prayer destroyin dis country evry one is waitin 4 their turn to plunder the people and then rush to a church to giv testimonies of uncommon favor.
At least he is commitin 100m to a charity foundation.let our past thieves nd opportunists come up wit more aid for those they have robbed from
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2010
^
So you pray to God to show you the way to steal? shocked
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by marvix(m): 8:20am On Feb 20, 2010
@beaf dat was d praya of pro001 earlier nd I tink dat kind of praya is wat has brot d nation to where it is 2day or wat does danjuma have to be claimin land in d ND or Obj in calaba but stupidity of d rules imposed by despots. All this crap is called favor he made 500m dolls how much did he expend on payin salaries b4 declarin dat amt of profit his staff at Sapetro are d worst paid oil workers and wat do they rily do to deserve more? We are just destroyin dis country 4 d future imagine Danjuma said he thot of keeping d money 4 his children, to do wat mayb to raise anoda mutallab
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 8:34am On Feb 20, 2010
^
Oh! I thought those were all your words. Don't mind that loser jare! cool
To quote someone, click "Insert Quote" above their post or if you are comfortable with typing it (or copy and paste), use the icon when replying. wink
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by wirinet(m): 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
Beaf,

I am from the Nigerdelta and in fact my village has 13 oil wells, so i am very bitter that the so called "Federal Government" meaning very few people in Abuja, just seize the land and hand it over to cronies from the north who have and will probably not set foot on the lands given to them. Now that is not the subject of our debate today.

The subject matter is T Y Danjuma. And i say that within human expectations T Y Danjuma had been enviable. He was the 3rd highest person in government and in fact was given the head of state on a platter after the assassination of Muritala, but he decided to hand over to Obasanjo and Musa Yaradua (a junior officer). When OBJ enacted the obnoxious Land Use act to seize land in the NigerDelta, he did not use undue influence to benefit himself. It was in fact over 15 yrs after he left government that Abacha allocated the oil block to him. And he did not even support Abacha publicly, in fact he was instrumental to helping get rid of Abacha. Most people in Government( especially from the west and east) today were strong supporters of Abacha. He was instrumental in bringing OBJ from prison to presidency because he believed in OBJ, but fell out on principle barely 6 months after joining the government. He only stayed to the end of the first term based on pleadings from people. During his reign at the ministry of defense, we did not hear of a single scandal (ask Ribadu).

So his major crime now is to tell the world that he made $500million from the sale of an oil block allocated to him?

If is Danjuma lacks integrity can you list 3 Nigerians that have more integrity? Maybe Awolowo, MKO Abiola and Dangote.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by asha80(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
wirinet:

Beaf,

I am from the Nigerdelta and in fact my village has 13 oil wells, so i am very bitter that the so called "Federal Government" meaning very few people in Abuja, just seize the land and hand it over to cronies from the north who have and will probably not set foot on the lands given to them. Now that is not the subject of our debate today.

The subject matter is T Y Danjuma. And i say that within human expectations T Y Danjuma had been enviable. He was the 3rd highest person in government and in fact was given the head of state on a platter after the assassination of Muritala, but he decided to hand over to Obasanjo and Musa Yaradua (a junior officer). When OBJ enacted the obnoxious Land Use act to seize land in the NigerDelta, he did not use undue influence to benefit himself. It was in fact over 15 yrs after he left government that Abacha allocated the oil block to him. And he did not even support Abacha publicly, in fact he was instrumental to helping get rid of Abacha. Most people in Government( especially from the west and east) today were strong supporters of Abacha. He was instrumental in bringing OBJ from prison to presidency because he believed in OBJ, but fell out on principle barely 6 months after joining the government. He only stayed to the end of the first term based on pleadings from people. During his reign at the ministry of defense, we did not hear of a single scandal (ask Ribadu).

So his major crime now is to tell the world that he made $500million from the sale of an oil block allocated to him?

If is Danjuma lacks integrity can you list 3 Nigerians that have more integrity? Maybe Awolowo, MKO Abiola and Dangote.

then why are we always complaing here that nigeria is a unjust country when we as ordinary citizens accept these unjustness.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by naijaswag1: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
asha 80:

then why are we always complaing here that nigeria is a unjust country when we as ordinary citizens accept these unjustness.

Dont mind the anuofia who should have become a militant long ago.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by edoyad(m): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
Integrity would have been giving the land back to the ND people. Integrity would have been giving the whole money he realised from the sale of the bloc to a charitable cause in one of the world's poorest countries. Integrity is not settling your debts and giving a fraction of What's left to the media to publicise your so called donations to "charity".
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by leye1234(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2010

You have spoken very well.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
leye1234:

You have spoken very well.

Only in Nigeria; where any crime can be excused and those who steal, come back and apologize will be forgiven while they keep the money they stole.

TY Danjuma is detribalized because money itself is detribilized. If you want much of it, you better start working with all and sundry but asides money, he is a devil, ask the indigenes of ZAki Biam.

Four  worst men in Nigerian History are:

1. Obafemi Awolowo: Indirect igbo massacre

2. TY Danjuma: Zaki-biam massacre

3. Olusegun Obasanjo: Odi massacre

4. IBB: crashed a battery of soldeirs simply because he was afraid of them.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ibime:

MEND is not Mossad. . . as it is, the boys have overachieved by holding the nation to ransom with just a few speedboats and AK47's. . . they do not have the capability to carry out inland attacks and have never done so. . . .or do you lot think Danjuma is sitting on his front porch waiting to be shot?

This story exposes the wickedness of Obasanjo's 1978 Land Use Act.

Did the community where Danjumas oil block is situated ask to sell the land or give it away free to the Government?

The people's land has been stolen and given to the members of the cabal in the name of "Federal Land".

After now, someone will come and tell us that the land is Federal Land. If the land is Federal Land, it should NOT then be privatised.

Does it sound fair for FG to come and steal your land, sell it the next day, and pocket the change?

Land Use Act indeed!

i am surprised that you cannot see how this issue jumped from Danjuma to MEND.
The actions and words of danjuma are sufficient proof that if MEND and their likes truly had an agenda and ideology of emancipating the masses of ND, the likes of Danjuma and the ND leaders who aided and abated their raping of the ND resources would have been their prime target.Not innocent oil workers and oil installations.
but because these milinals (militants/criminals) are just in it for their pocket, they choose the easiest route that leads to more cash for the pocket.
i repeat, the militants/criminals and the Nigerian government are just different sides of the same coin and are all enemies of the ND people.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
the entire nigerian political class are detribalized.
The simple reason is that greed and stolen wealth has no ethnicity and tribe.
they only bring up ethnicity to wipe up emotion amongst the masses in order to get them to execute their devilish agenda.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2010
@ wirinet, are u telling us that because danjuma served in govt so hes entitled to a 'dash' of oil wells? Why are nigerians like u fond of celebrating crimimals who ought to be shot for corrupt practices. Are d likes of danjuma d only nigerian dat deserve good life in d midst of much sufferings in a country so blessed? Pls lets call a spade a spade, agreed he served d country but at d same time he was duly paid like every other civil servant and am disappointed dat inspite of glaring evidences of injustice in d niger delta danjuma has d gut to boast of making $500m from oil well dat belong to a nation when our people are languishing in poverty. Haba $500m just like dat? in short its annoying cos its people like danjuma dat are destroying dis nation!
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by GEW: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2010
Timehin:

@ wirinet, are u telling us that because danjuma served in govt so hes entitled to a 'dash' of oil wells? Why are nigerians like u fond of celebrating crimimals who ought to be shot for corrupt practices. Are d likes of danjuma d only nigerian dat deserve good life in d midst of much sufferings in a country so blessed? Pls lets call a spade a spade, agreed he served d country but at d same time he was duly paid like every other civil servant and am disappointed dat inspite of glaring evidences of injustice in d niger delta danjuma has d gut to boast of making $500m from oil well dat belong to a nation when our people are languishing in poverty. Haba $500m just like dat? in short its annoying cos its people like danjuma dat are destroying dis nation!
that is nigeria for you
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Uchek(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
Congrats Danjuma! I am not surprised. This is why you and your Northern folks fought against Biafra while my southern brothers fought against their own interest by fighting against Biafra
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Uchek(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2010
Beaf why are you bitter. He deserves it. This is his payback as a Northern for fighting against Biafra. My Minority brothers chose to pitch their tent with them.

P.S. One more thing. Ojukwu never made an oil block
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Uchek(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2010
According to Socrates, an unexamined life is not worth living. Old age does something to ones life.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by asha80(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Uchek

Has your auto paradise workshop opened?
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Uchek(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2010
Not yet. Its been challenging because we are privately financing the project. The banks rejected us. We need your patronage to help us open. We don't have the sufficient subscription to open. We have postponed it to May 2010. If we don't get enough subscription, we'll cancel the project. So if you own a car, become our pioneer customer and if you refer 2 friends or colleagues, we will offer you LIFETIME FREE SERVICE
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by CrudeOil2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
I am really trying not to believe that some people are trying to commend this old fool. With people like you guys, this country will not see progress in the next 100 years.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by GEW: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
Crude Oil:

I am really trying not to believe that some people are trying to commend this old fool. With people like you guys, this country will not see progress in the next 100 years.
thanks you spoke for me.
Ibime:

[size=20pt]This story exposes the wickedness of Obasanjo's 1978 Land Use Act.[/size]

Land Use Act indeed!

you are a true son of nigeria. thank you. obasanjo is a very useless fool and criminal
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by ayettymama(f): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
Someone remind me to get into the oil busines!!!!!!

and that is all i got from the story!!
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
Crude Oil:

That's Nigerians for you. Fela called it "suffering and smiling".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / House Of Reps Summons CBN, NNPC, Others / Simon Achuba Sues Kogi House Of Assembly Over Impeachment Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.