Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma (7429 Views)

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
mbulela:

That explains to you that MEND and its fellow 'militants' are nothing but lily livered criminals.
Who are only interested in exploiting the crooked system for the benefit of their pockets.

Of course, to you, Danjuma is now a member of MEND. It is easy to go after easy targets, so it seems that one is a hero.
Poor Nigeria! The place is packed with people who argue loudly at anything that moves, just for the sake of it. angry

The problem here is Danjuma and hundreds of other ex-generals who have "allocated" themselves oil blocks; it is those who are powerful enough to collude with oil companies to sell oil totally outside the system; it is those who are powerful enough to purchase oil vessels for bunkering (similar to the one impounded last week); it is those who use the army to protect their personal bunkering interests, killing, burning, looting and ra'ping elderly women and underage girls.

Where are people like you to ask real questions when they are needed, why chase shadows?

When 2500 innocent people were murdered in Odi, where were you to ask proper questions? Below are pictures of Odi after Nigerians like you attacked them and burnt down everything.

Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by otawa: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
The minimum that is expected is for Danjuma and his family be wiped-out.

The next guys will think twice before 'stealing' Nigeria blind.

This is way China is making progress and Nigeria is going backward.

MEND sadly are after their own pocket!
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
Beaf:

Of course, to you, Danjuma is now a member of MEND. It is easy to go after easy targets, so it seems that one is a hero.
Poor Nigeria! The place is packed with people who argue loudly at anything that moves, just for the sake of it. angry

The problem here is Danjuma and hundreds of other ex-generals who have "allocated" themselves oil blocks; it is those who are powerful enough to collude with oil companies to sell oil totally outside the system; it is those who are powerful enough to purchase oil vessels for bunkering (similar to the one impounded last week); it is those who use the army to protect their personal bunkering interests, killing, burning, looting and ra'ping elderly women and underage girls.

Where are people like you to ask real questions when they are needed, why chase shadows?

When 2500 innocent people were murdered in Odi, where were you to ask proper questions? Below are pictures of Odi after Nigerians like you attacked them and burnt down everything.

Dude, try and engage your brains before firing at all cylinders.
Did you see the post i was referring to?
Do you think your response to me is apt in view of the post i was responding to?
does it make sense?
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
otawa:

The minimum that is expected is for Danjuma and his family be wiped-out.

The next guys will think twice before 'stealing' Nigeria blind.

This is way China is making progress and Nigeria is going backward.

MEND sadly are after their own pocket!

almost the same sentiments i expressed earlier.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
mbulela:

Dude, try and engage your brains before firing at all cylinders.
Did you see the post i was referring to?
Do you think your response to me is apt in view of the post i was responding to?
does it make sense?

The post you referred to did not draw the conclusions you did. In fact, it dealt squarely with the issue at hand and condemned those causing Nigeria's problems. It was you that deviated.

Stop looking for ants (just to look busy) when elephants are destroying your crop. I wish you will find a way to stand up for yourself and fight for your own rights, instead of dreaming that others will do it on your behalf. MEND have stood to fight and have the best of brains and integrity in persons of such calibre as Wole Soyinka (a Nobel Laureate) representing them, but here you are doing unwitting battle (with pride) for the Danjuma's of Nigeria.

Do you really think that men of international renown would volunteer to represent MEND if they are mere criminals? You are only doing the dirty propaganda battle of the real criminals that are stealing us blind and bombing the helpless (and you are even doing it free off charge).
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by edoyad(m): 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Very valid question, would a nobel laurette like Soyinka agree to be a voice to criminals ?
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by RichyBlacK(m): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
Nigerian billionaires are just common thieves.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by nduchucks: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
edoyad:

Very valid question, would a nobel laurette like Soyinka agree to be a voice to criminals ?

The federal government refused to negotiate with MEND, a criminal organization that continues to perpetrate criminal acts againsts Nigerians and foreigners alike.  

The Aaron group, which Soyinka is a member is not the same as MEND! The Aaron group is made up of respectable Nigerians who have agreed to negotiate with the federal government on behalf of the people of the Niger Delta, as opposed to the criminal organization, MEND.

Soyinka has stated on several ocasions that he does not represent MEND or their criminal activities, but instead will represent the people of Niger Delta in these negotiations.

Make no mistake about it, MEND is a criminal organization which is beginning to disintegrate according to recent reports. The cause of the Niger Delta people will remain, but MEND is already dying.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
^
All the above are lies.
The Aaron group was created by MEND and they represent MEND and MEND alone.

MEND represents the Niger Delta. It is propagandists and the real criminals that want to make MEND out to be like them.
Wole Soyinka represents MEND and indeed visited Yar Adua in the company of Henry Okah quite a few times.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by nduchucks: 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
All the above are lies.
The Aaron group was created by MEND and they represent MEND and MEND alone.

MEND represents the Niger Delta. It is propagandists and the real criminals that want to make MEND out to be like them.
Wole Soyinka represents MEND and indeed visited Yar Adua in the company of Henry Okah quite a few times.

Stop calling Soyinka a liar, he has stated clearly several times that he represents the Niger Delta people and not the criminal acts of MEND. Stop tarnishing the man's reputation, olodo
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
^
It your words that are lying. This is the great man himself (on a website where he can't be misquoted grin);

WOLE SOYINKA: MEND, Soyinka stated, meant proper mending in deep concept, stating that, it was foolish to have dismissed the militants as a bunch of rascals the way the government wanted us to see them.

http://www.nas-int.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=433&Itemid=115

Stop yarning nonsense jare! angry
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by nduchucks: 7:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
It your words that are lying. This is the great man himself (on a website where he can't be misquoted grin);

http://www.nas-int.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=433&Itemid=115

Stop yarning nonsense jare! angry

Please post the text of a statement by Soyinka where he claimed to be representing MEND rather than the Niger Delta people? If you can't find such a statement, shut up.

Soyinka is not and will never be a MEND oil bunkerer, kidnapper, and thief.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by edoyad(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
M E Niger Delta. If the FG had even considered giving each senatorial district in the Delta an oil bloc may be things would have been better.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by adconline(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
He didn't know how to spend $500 million, makes you wonder how hard it was for him to spend  billions that went to his ministry when he was in power. This goes to show that Naija elite lack common sense of articulation on what is good for the country.
How hard was it for Abacha to spend $10bn? How hard was it for OBJ to spend tens of billions $? How hard for Yar'dua?
Naija,  a doomed country from conception
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Please post the text of a statement by Soyinka where he claimed to be representing MEND rather than the Niger Delta people? If you can't find such a statement, shut up.

Soyinka is not and will never be a MEND oil bunkerer, kidnapper, and thief.

Stop wounding yourself like a clown.
. . .And by the way, none of this takes from the fact that oil blocks are simply "allocated" to those in power in a grand theft (which you have skillfuly ignored   to attack those who aren't "allocated" oil blocks. You seem to be in support of that, because you haven't made a single comment on that blinding theft. Funny guy.

Call MEND any name you like, but as Soyinka says;

[size=14pt]MEND, Soyinka stated, meant proper mending in deep concept, stating that, it was foolish to have dismissed the militants as a bunch of rascals the way the government wanted us to see them.

- Wole Soyinka[/size]

Let it pain you. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by adconline(m): 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
M E Niger Delta. If the FG had even considered giving each senatorial district in the Delta an oil bloc may be things would have been better
This is a hypothetical question cos it has never been done, so u cant say that things might not have been better if they werent really tried.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by nduchucks: 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Beaf, most Nigerians sympathize with Niger Deltans and the injustice they are experiencing.  Your dishonesty will not change that, Soyinka is no MEND thug.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Beaf, most Nigerians sympathize with Niger Deltans and the injustice they are experiencing.  Your dishonesty will not change that, Soyinka is no MEND thug.

[size=14pt]When will you condemn Danjuma and his likes who represent Nigeria's deepest problems?[/size]
Or is it only the mention of Soyinka that is causing you pain in this thread? shocked

. . .I am still waiting. cool
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by nduchucks: 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
adconline:

M E Niger Delta. If the FG had even considered giving each senatorial district in the Delta an oil bloc may be things would have been better
This is a hypothetical question cos it has never been done, so u cant say that things might not have been better if they werent really tried.

A more pertinent question is what did the criminal organization called MEND do to address the trillions of naira that the ND governors steal on a monthly basis? How have the masses benefited from all the money their governors have been paid for the past 8 years? How many governor's mansions have been bombed by MEND?

The answer to these questions will provide answers to your question.

@Beaf, Danjuma and the rest of the thieving old fools should leave the scene for young progressives. I've told you several times that we have a common enemy, the elite, including Northerners, Southerners, Easterners, and Westerners.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by 4Play(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
Danjuma and all the thieving Nigerian ruling class have done more damage to the country than MEND can ever muster yet people are here hyperventilating over MEND, who are a symptom of a greater problem, rather than the problem itself.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by xterra2(m): 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
TY Danjuba donates N15 billion to the needy
http://news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&task=view&id=14332&Itemid=119
------
Damn it he is damn richYes
also,$500 million and you dont know how to spend it pls sontact me let me show you
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 12:57am On Feb 19, 2010
TY Danjuma is being tipped by some elements from the Northern cabal to be appointed the new vice president. He is too big for that kind of post anyway but Nigerians do not have honor and he will accept the post so that he can easily succeed Yaradua in 2011.

I forgot to mention how difficult it will be for him because

1. He is not Hausa/Fulani.

2. He is a christian.

3. Why must our post military regime be surround Obasanjo?. TY Danjuma is his bosom friend and I see his hand in this plot.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 1:48am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 1:52am On Feb 19, 2010
Northern elements push Danjuma for VP
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja and Taiwo Olawale in Lagos, 02.18.2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010

Political elements in the North have continued to map out strategies to ensure that the region is not shortchanged in the event that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan becomes the substantive President.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/18/206.html

A group of Northern intellectuals and professionals met in Abuja yesterday and resolved to push the candidacy of General T.Y. Danjuma as Vice-President to Jonathan should the Acting President become substantive President.

Northern elements are said to have canvassed that the region is entitled to eight years just like the South, which had done eight years under President Olusegun Obasanjo, and as such, if President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua cannot continue in office on account of his ill-health, the North should have its remaining one term by 2011.

Danjuma was Chief of Army Staff under the Murtala/ Obasanjo regime and was also Minister of Defence from 1999 till about 2002 during Obasanjo’s civilian administration.

Those in attendance at the meeting held at a secret location in Abuja, included Ahmed Joda, Mamman Daura, Adamu Fika, Mahmud Tukur, Abba Kyari, Mohammed Haruna, Adamu Adamu, Nuhu Sani Zango, Rufai Jumar Jose and Wada Maida.

None of those who attended the meeting was ready to speak on record about the meeting.

THISDAY learnt that key among the reasons they adduced for putting forward Danjuma are the fact that he seems to be a non-ambitious politician and not interested in 2011 and as such can help to guarantee a level playing field in the 2011 election.

They also said as a retired General who enjoys tremendous respect in the military, Danjuma can help stabilise the army and ward off military intervention in politics.

The issue of Christian/ Christian pairing, Jonathan and Danjuma being Christians, came up at the meeting but the issue was dismissed as some of those in attendance counter argued with the cases of Yakubu Gowon/ Joseph Akinwale Wey who were both Christians, Muhammadu Buhari/ Tunde Idiagbon who were both Muslims and also MKO Abiola/Babagana Kingibe who were also both Muslims.

“The North cannot afford to be short-changed in the scheme of things in the build-up to 2011. We feel that there is a need to have a Northerner who is not ambitious and has a strong personality to help in steering the ship of the state in the event that Jonathan becomes substantive president,” said one of the Northern intellectuals.

THISDAY also learnt that the intellectuals and professionals are already in discussion with Danjuma. It is not certain if they discussed the health and fitness of Danjuma to take on such a rigorous role.

Ahmed Joda

One of the former super permanent secretaries, Joda is a seasoned technocrat and boardroom guru. Now in his 80s, his contributions to public discourse are often seen as insightful and mature.

Mamman Daura

Daura, ex-Editor and former Managing Director of the New Nigerian Newspapers, has played prominent roles in Nigeria’s political development by serving on critical national committees.

Adamu Fika

The Wazirin Fika rose to the pinnacle of public service when he became the Head of Service (HoS) during the Babangida era. He is a passionate defender of Northern interests.

Mahmud Tukur

Tukur, a former Minister, was the first Principal (later becoming Vice-Chancellor) of the then Bayero University College (now Bayero University, Kano). He is generally seen as one of the most vocal policy advocates in Northern Nigeria.

Abba Kyari

Though he served as MD of UBA only for a brief period, most people still remember this boardroom player fondly. He is currently on the board of several blue chip companies.

Mohammed Haruna

Haruna is one of the most widely read columnists in the country. His opinions are often used as reference points in public discourse whether one is on his side or not.

Adamu Adamu

Also a popular columnist from the North, Adamu is an unabashed defender of Northern interests.

Wada Maida

Maida served as Chief Press Secretary to a former Head of State in the 80s before going on to become MD of News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). Though his voice is rarely heard, his contributions to national discourse are often measured and deep.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 3:20am On Feb 19, 2010
beaf, i leave you to your own convictions.
Time will tell.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by mbulela: 3:26am On Feb 19, 2010
MEND (and all other 'militant' groups in the ND) and the theives in Abuja are different sides of the same coins.
crooks whose only ideology is money.All that differs is their modus operandi.
some people can be deceived but fortunately not all of us.
instead of kidnapping white (and even black men) and vandalising oil installations, these milinals (miliTANT/criminals) should bring justice and accountability to their doorsteps in the form of men like Ibori, Alams, Odili and the calabar NDDC chairman that paid millions to a prophet.
As long as they keep blowing up oil installations and kidnapping innocent men and women like excited kids throwing banger while preaching revolutionary rhetorics that are being quoted out of context, their real intent and deceit will remain bare.
Militancy is the highest paying job in the ND yet you come here to support and attempt to pull wool over people's eyes.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 4:58am On Feb 19, 2010
xterra2:

TY Danjuba donates N15 billion to the needy
http://news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&task=view&id=14332&Itemid=119
------
Damn it he is damn richYes
also,$500 million and you dont know how to spend it pls sontact me let me show you

Na today undecided. He is trying so hard to succeed Yaradua in 2011 and am sure he is doing whatever he can to appease the Hausa/Fulani by dashing $100M to their almajiris,
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by cold(m): 5:28am On Feb 19, 2010
Buncha hypocrites,pray tell me if u're offered an oil bloc today u'll vehemently reject it.Plz y'all should keep your voice down,Danjuma is no saint(just like the rest of us) but he is more 'upright & forthright' than most thieving politicians.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by Beaf: 5:53am On Feb 19, 2010
cold:

Buncha hypocrites,pray tell me if u're offered an oil block today u'll vehemently reject it.Plz y'all should keep your voice down,Danjuma is no saint(just like the rest of us) but he is more 'upright & forthright' than most thieving politicians.

That $1 billion oil block belonged to Nigeria. We are looking at a $1 billion fraud here.

The only words I can agree with are that Danjuma is "more 'upright & forthright' than most thieving politicians". But lets be honest, we don't even know how many oil blocks he owns. Indeed, if all ex-generals have been "allocated" oil blocks, the country has simply been "allocated" to them in the most heartless way. How many hundred ex-generals are there? Do the math in billions of Dollars for a each oil block given away.

There is a rare, dizzying, inhuman and bizare level of greed involved in the way Nigerians leaders deal with the country. To our leaders, Nigeria is a no mans land they can walk into and steal everything that moves; anyone that resists is shot or jailed.

If only people knew that their childrens hopes and opportunities have been mortgaged away to greedy old bas'tards. embarassed

@mbulela, keep blaming for ants fighting for their rights, while elephants maraud your crop. Makes you look clever.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 6:27am On Feb 19, 2010
Beaf:

That $1 billion oil block belonged to Nigeria. We are looking at a $1 billion fraud here.

The only words I can agree with are that Danjuma is "more 'upright & forthright' than most thieving politicians".[size=14pt] But lets be honest, we don't even know how many oil blocks he owns[/size]. Indeed, if all ex-generals have been "allocated" oil blocks, the country has simply been "allocated" to them in the most heartless way. How many hundred ex-generals are there? Do the math in billions of Dollars for a each oil block given away.

Companies owned by the ex soldier mass murderer who massacred Zaki-Biam in October 2001. His bosom friend Obasanjo massacred Odi and its like both of them are rubbing shoulders on who will massacre the highest number of civilians in their miserable lifetime. Did I forget to add that he[and Murtala Mohammed] was behind the massacre of Fajuyi and Aguiyi Ironsi in 1966.

Major Nigerian companies he floated with our money:

1. South Atlantic petroleum[SAPETRO]

2. Dicon Salt

3. Universal Trust bank[Now merged to Union bank PLC]

4. Comet shipping

5. Earthcare

And many other companies floated with stolen money.  My money o, meaning that I should be on the board of the company because it was started with my money.

Only in Nigeria do people like Theophillus receive honorary and chieftancy awards from our ivory towers and the royalty. Only in Nigeria do we celebrate murderers.  The blood of those innocent children he massacred in Zaki Biam will continue to make him weary no matter how much he invests in his thieving charity foundation.  Armageddon shall come before we know it in Nigeria. It's on the way.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by onyengbu1(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2010
That is what I call spoils of war.

A reward for assassinating General Ironsi.

Nemesis will catch up with this guy someday.
Re: I Made $500m From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It — Danjuma by aloyemeka2: 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
He is already old and living wearily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Divided Over Chinese Language Introduction / House Of Reps Summons CBN, NNPC, Others / Simon Achuba Sues Kogi House Of Assembly Over Impeachment Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.