Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,414 members, 7,923,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Any F1 Buffs? - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Any F1 Buffs? (25553 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Racing: Hamilton Wellwishers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2010
I hated watching him throw away his steering. So so bad
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^there's nothin bad about it.2 DNFs in a row,It's understandable
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
not 7 weeks to race ending when you are trailing in drivers standing
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
Its a real pity for Lewis. Webber is always aggressive and difficult to overtake.
The stewards investigated, but have ruled it a racing incident.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
he obviously won't be trailing too far behind but for that coming together with Webber.Anyways let's see what the stewards say.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
yh i see that now
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by JudgeDredd: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2010
Stewards have decided not to pursue further actions regarding Lewis/Webber clash. Lewis really need to calm down and keep his wits about him, just 4 more races 2 go.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by chic2pimp(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2010
cold:

he obviously won't be trailing too far behind but for that coming together with Webber.Anyways let's see what the stewards say.
They've done a investigation and ruled it a racing incident.

Anychance Lewis had of winning the F1 title evaporated when he suffered that crash. I certainly now think that it is a two way battle between Alonso and Webber(although Vettel might have a say).

. . . . . . . Meanwhile what a move by Kubica
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

[quote
cold link=topic=400170.msg6824648#msg6824648 date=1285508789:

yh i see that now
I already explained i'd seen it

chic2pimp:

Yh Kubica is on fire
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2010
100 points left,maybe just maybe Hamilton can still nick this one if only he can keep his head
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

Anychance Lewis had of winning the F1 title evaporated when he suffered that crash. I certainly now think that it is a two way battle between Alonso and Webber(although Vettel might have a say).

The move by Kubica was a mirror of what Lewis did, its just that Webber isn't much of a sensible driver. Like his team mate, he takes a lot of other drivers out, both he and Vettel are almost exceptionally useless and only lucky to have the fastest car.

Anyways, congrats to Alonso.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by chic2pimp(m): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2010
And Alonso wins the Singapore Grand Pix. Although for a sec, I thought that there would be drama on the last lap. Two wins in a row for Fernando Alonso and it seems he now has all the momentum going into the final 4 races of the season.

I make Alonso slight favourite to win the title cuz of two reasons

1) EXPERIENCE - Out of three that are realistically vying for the championship, he is the onlyone that knows what it feels like to be in with a chance of winning the title come the final few races of the season(not forgetting he's won it twice)

2) RELIABILITY- Simple put it,  Ferrari has the most reliable car on the F1 circuit. Now contrast that with the Red bull who although might have the fastest car, don't have the most reliable one. Lest I forget,while Ferrari would pour all their resources into ensuring Alonso wins the Championship,Red Bull would divide their resources equally between two team members

P:S - Having said all that, one crash by any of the three contenders in the next race would  drastically change my position.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by chic2pimp(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2010
Beaf:

The move by Kubica was a mirror of what Lewis did, its just that Webber isn't much of a sensible driver. Like his team mate, he takes a lot of other drivers out, both he and Vettel are almost exceptionally useless and only lucky to have the fastest car.

Anyways, congrats to Alonso.
It certainly was. Although I think that there is a slight difference. The slight difference being that Kubica's car was clearly faster than Sutil's(so he had no other choice than to let him pass) while the same can't be said of Hamilton and Webber. I therefore think that while Webber shoud take partial blame for that incident,he ain't wholly his fault.

Lol at 'Exceptionally useless' grin grin grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by montelik(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2010
Go Webber. I can see d Hamilton fans are hating on you, but don't be bothered s*it happens. grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2010
BLOODY HELL!
how did i miss such a thrilling race. . . . . . . oh well, at least ALONSO won this one.

been looking online for a link to watch the full race replay but they only showing the Ham crash. if anyone knows where to watch it, let me know!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 29, 2010
the rumors about Kimi possibly driving for Renault next yr are getting stronger and stronger. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by montelik(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2010
It looks like we can expect a good weekend for red bull (fingers crossed). Webber just hold it together, you can do this. Please God don't let it rain on Sunday.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 09, 2010
^^^^^dont think so (about the rain), forecast of rain until sunday morning. what a crazy weekend its going to be!
only 2 drivers could make qualifying lap time LOL!
hopefully for Ham, they wont take the order they got out on track as the qualifying position because he will be LAST on grid!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Faeb: 4:19am On Oct 09, 2010
Rrrrrrrrrrrain!!! Third practice shocker!!!

1 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
2 Germany T Glock Virgin
3 Brazil L di Grassi  Virgin
4 Japan S Yamamoto Hispania
5 Brazil B Senna Hispania
6 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
7 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
8 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
9 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
10 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
11 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
12 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
13 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
14 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
15 Australia M Webber Red Bull
16 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
17 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
18 Russia V Petrov Renault
19 Great Britain J Button McLaren
20 Italy J Trulli Lotus
21 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
22 Germany A Sutil Force India
23 Poland R Kubica Renault
24 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren

Lewis has effectively had zero practice this weekend. I can only pray for a miracle! embarassed
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 09, 2010
^^^^ all top drivers and championship contenders are in the bottom 10,
lets all hope they take championship position as a way to build the grid instead.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Faeb: 5:10am On Oct 09, 2010
^
Yeah, very funny result. Imagine two Virgin cars in the top 3! grin grin grin grin
But with the rain, who knows if there even be quali this morning. undecided
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Faeb: 7:38am On Oct 09, 2010
Oh well! Sunday it is! Blasted rain has spoilt the day.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by montelik(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
Looks like things just got a little more difficult for Lewis.
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/6435621/Hamilton-handed-grid-penalty
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:20am On Oct 10, 2010
^
I think they took the hard choice rather than gamble with a DNF. What a shame for Lewis.
The way quali is going, Lewis might end up starting about 16th (currently 11th in Q1).
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:07am On Oct 10, 2010
Suzuka poll shootout;

Vettel
Webber
Hamilton
Kubica
Alonso
Button
Rosberg
Barrichello
Hulkenberg
Schumacher
Heidfeld
Massa
Petrov
Kobayashi
Sutil
Alguersuari
Liuzzi
Buemi
Trulli
Kovalainen
diGrassi
Glock
Senna
Yamamoto

But Lewis drops down to 8th with his engine penalty.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 10, 2010
WOAH!!!!!!!!

Vettel (looks like this race is going to be a Redbull 1-2)
Webber '"    "      "      "      "          "    
Kubica (what a fantastic last qualifying lap he got!)
Alonso (not bad considering Massa's performance)
Button (lets see how their gamble pays out)
Rosberg
Barrichello
Hamilton (he will have to drive the race of his life to win this one)
Hulkenberg
Schumacher

lets see how it goes in a few hours!
VAMOS FERRARI!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:51am On Oct 10, 2010
^
A possible explanation for the gap in performance between both Ferarri's is, Alonso's engine was turned up and Massa's down. Ferarri is short of engines to complete the season with, so it would make sense for their title contender to turn the wick up and his fall guy not to take chances and try to salvage some constructor points.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 6:38am On Oct 10, 2010
One of the Virgins has totally destroyed itself in some sort of freak accident on the way to the grid. Damn! The race hasn't even started. shocked
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2010
Looking at the replays of Di Graci's (Virgin) really weird accident again, one can almost begin to blame witchcraft! grin grin grin grin grin grin
How can a car veer of track at such low speed, smoke belowing from the tires as the driver fruitlessly applied the brakes and totally obliterate itself? Na winshes from di guy village! grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by chic2pimp(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2010
Beaf:

^
A possible explanation for the gap in performance between both Ferarri's is, Alonso's engine was turned up and Massa's down. Ferarri is short of engines to complete the season with, so it would make sense for their title contender to turn the wick up and his fall guy not to take chances and try to salvage some constructor points.
It is not a possible explanation, it is the [b]only[/b]explanation. Ferrari have heavely invested in Alonso and they would not stand by and let their investment go down the drain.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 10, 2010
what a fantastic start from Ham. . . . . . . . . there is going to be a Mc Laren race there, ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 7:07am On Oct 10, 2010
4 cars out at the first turn! Lewis up to 6th! What a start!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Women World Cup: Nigeria Releases Full Squad (see List) / 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match / Belgium Vs Morocco: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 ( 0 - 2) On 27th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.