Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,380 members, 7,923,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 08:36 AM

Any F1 Buffs? - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Any F1 Buffs? (25552 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Racing: Hamilton Wellwishers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
Normal service resumes, Lewis leads the championship again.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2010
bloody hell, another drama filled race!!!!
Webber dropping 5places from pole before the first corner of the race:FAILED!!!!
he was really lucky to get back to second position thanks to Vettel loosing his goddam mind.
he should have taken Ham out instead of Button!

after the last safety car i thought Webber was gonna have a run for it, helas. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
GREAT RACE!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

bloody hell, another drama filled race!!!!
Webber dropping 5places from pole before the first corner of the race:FAILED!!!!
he was really lucky to get back to second position thanks to Vettel loosing his goddam mind.

after the last safety car i thought Webber was gonna have a run for it, helas. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
GREAT RACE!

You can say that again. Vettel is rapidly becoming a hazard to formula one. cry cry cry
Well good one Lewis, I bet you're "slightly" jealous now! wink
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Are u ok  undecided
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Mrbrown
Your cry baby had no one to blame as the gulf between him and LH was like that between heaven and hell grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2010
Alonso keeps displaying all sorts of stup!d skills. Everybody knows to keep away from the white line, when Petrov did it during quali, people said it was down to him being a rookie. . . Well what do you say about the so called "best driver" making a rookie error during the race?
Damn!

I laff in saskatchewan!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2010
Vettel is a menace. . . A real menace to man and machine.

Had my heart in my mouth when Hamilton got onto the gravel.

Onto Monza.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2010
agabaI23:

@Mrbrown
Your cry baby had no one to blame as the gulf between him and LH was like that between heaven and hell grin

well Alonso's race from the get go was going to be difficult but then he got a great start and then got hit by Barichello and had to make 2 pit stops, that was it right there. . . . . . . . . . .race over!
i was surprised he came back to 8th position but i knew he wouldnt be able to pass "crazy Kobayashi".

well, this championship is over for him and lets see how it goes next yr.

cold:

Are u ok  undecided

are you the only one here who doesnt know that i dislike the guy with a passion?!
I AM AN ALONSO FAN!

Beaf:

You can say that again. Vettel is rapidly becoming a hazard to formula one. cry cry cry
Well good one Lewis, I bet you're "slightly" jealous now! wink

if he was favorite at Red Bull in the early races, i think he lost that privilege now.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

. . .
are you the only one here who doesnt know that i dislike the guy with a passion?!
I AM AN ALONSO FAN!
. . .

Being an Alonso fan doesn't equate to "deslike with a passion" for Lewis. The Spanish do it because they are racist. Come on, dude!

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2010
Beaf:

Being an Alonso fan doesn't equate to "deslike with a passion" for Lewis. The Spanish do it because they are racist. Come on, dude!

i simply dislike the man since his stand during Alonso's time as his teammate and would cheer anyone who beat him to the checkered flag. i do dislike this driver with a passion!

the Spanish hate Ham because they are patriotic and will use anything to offend the guy they hate the most in F1. if he was Chinese they would have use something equally offensive to try to get at him.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i simply dislike the man since his stand during Alonso's time as his teammate and would cheer anyone who beat him to the checkered flag. i do dislike this driver with a passion!

the Spanish hate Ham because they are patriotic and will use anything to offend the guy they hate the most in F1. if he was Chinese they would have use something equally offensive to try to get at him.

Jerez. This is racism, not patriotism and its an absolute disgrace;

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
and the irritating thing is their vitriol is uncalled for. . .

They are angry because a young driver beat their man
again and again fair and square.

Why not just find a driver with some ability to support.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2010
Championship table, highlighting relative positions of championship contending team mates.
[table]
[tr][td]Driver[/td][td]Points[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lewis Hamilton *[/td][td]182[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mark Webber**[/td][td]179[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sebastian Vettel**[/td][td]151[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Jenson Button *[/td][td]147[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fernando Alonso ***[/td][td]141[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Felipe Massa ***[/td][td]109[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Robert Kubica[/td][td]104[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nico Rosberg[/td][td]102[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Adrian Sutil[/td][td]45[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Michael Schumacher[/td][td]44[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rubens Barrichello[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Kamui Kobayashi[/td][td]21[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vitaly Petrov[/td][td]19[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vitantonio Liuzzi[/td][td]12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nico Hulkenberg[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sebastien Buemi[/td][td]7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Pedro de la Rosa[/td][td]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Jaime Alguersuari[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Heikki Kovalainen[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Karun Chandhok[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lucas di Grassi[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Jarno Trulli[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bruno Senna[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Timo Glock[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sakon Yamamoto[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[/table]
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2010
doyin13:

and the irritating thing is their vitriol is uncalled for. . .

They are angry because a young driver beat their man
again and again fair and square.

Why not just find a driver with some ability to support.

Exactly! I got pissed off with BBC 606 forums a couple of years ago. Lucky for Lewis, a lot of support has swung very strongly his way Worldwide, otherwise, it would have been quite difficult for him to cope with the barrage coming at him.
Lewis is just an easy target being black, the same fans that could take time out to paint themselves as "Lewis family" and the louts at Jerez don't express any racism toward Massa.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 30, 2010
is it not the same Vitriol we see everyday in football when players make mistakes (aka Sany kaita) or when star players sign to other team?! (check the Man U fans when Ronaldo left.). . . . . . . . . or simply against your arch enemy team (check Man U fans vs Liverpool fans).
EPL supporters are far worse racists but yet its ok, right? why do you guys think that it should be any different in f1?!
Mido while at Boro was subjected to racist islamic chants all the time and dont let me start with black players. . . . . . . . . . just check across the border, about Ranger's DaMarcus Beasley’s car being blown up outside his front door and tell me if thats better?!

we all have to agree that some fans will die for their team or driver and, therefore, take that supporter blood to the extreme. is it right? NO! but pointing fingers at Hamilton's treatment while this stuff happens all the time in sport with EVERYONE makes him look like the cry baby!

unless you guys forgot when Andres Escobar, the Colombian player, was killed when he returned home after scoring an own goal and eliminating his team. . . . . . . now thats vitriol!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
^
kai! I never want to be your opponent! I wanna live! grin

@topic
Martin Witmarshe might finally have the chance to grab Red Bull by the balls, todger and all!
Some eagle eyed fans have spotted that, just before Vettel speared into Button, his front wing flexed quite a lot and dipped rather violently to the right. It isn't far-fetched that such wild wing flexing could radicalally upset an f1 cars balance.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBxNVoMXHz4?fs=1&amp[/flash]

In other words, the Red Bull flexi-wing might actually be making the car a danger to drivers lives. I can imagine that a detailed look is going to be given to Webbers airborne crash in similar circumstances with Heikki Kovalainen. Indeed, Webbers front wing does an exagerated dip to the right and bobs back up just before the crash (though it didn't flex as wildly as Vettel's). Some of that weaving might just be that he had already lost control long before the crash.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBO1mX8sKYk?fs=1&amp[/flash]

Summary? In my opinion, Red Bull is very likey gonna get truly fcked and binned this time.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2010
the road was slippery and he wasnt cautious enough

We have a Crash Kid on the grid a danger to cars and drivers he is becoming an embarrassment to the team tbh
better to get one of two points but always getting blown off is worrisome
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
Dis Guy:

the road was slippery and he wasnt cautious enough

We have a Crash Kid on the grid a danger to cars and drivers he is becoming an embarrassment to the team tbh
better to get one of two points but always getting blown off is worrisome

Jenson Button claims that section of track was bone dry, which puts a different complection on things and there is also the very visible flexing. I bet its going to be investigated as a reason for the crash.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2010
I just checked F1 news and the flexible wing reason for the crash is beginning to take off!
The reason flexi wings were banned years ago was because they caused crashes.

Its not yet on any of the main sites, but I can wager it will be by tomorrow max.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/09/analysis-of-red-bull-wing-flex-before-vettel-hit-button/ (James Allen = F1 guru journalist)
http://www.metrof1.com/blogs/metrof1/2010/08/did-vettels-wing-flexing-cause-crash.html
http://forums.atlasf1.com/lofiversion/index.php/t135066.html
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
but what i don't get with that theory is that in qualifiers it doesn't affect them i dont think he has crashed at all since the beginning during qualifiers
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2010
how not to crash into the person in front, just fly over them cheesy

http://joesaward./2010/09/01/overtaking/
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 1:39am On Sep 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

but what i don't get with that theory is that in qualifiers it doesn't affect them i dont think he has crashed at all since the beginning during qualifiers

The speculation is that the Red Bull cannot live with turbulent wake immediately behind another F1 car. They hardly ever get so close to other cars in quali.
F1 cars are always on a fine edge and generate so much down force that they can drive upside down on the ceiling; with the Red Bull, the flexing wing is an important part that helps make them much more aerodynamic than the others.  However, when the wing doesn't just flex, but dips and  oscillates wildly theb problems are likely to occur.

Pitpass seems to be the only major F1 site with this theory though, http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=41884

Dis Guy:

how not to crash into the person in front, just fly over them cheesy

http://joesaward./2010/09/01/overtaking/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Man! That link is radically funny! Poor Vettel!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by omar22(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
We are now at Monza!!!!! ---------- One of my favourite track, flat out speed, no holding up a traffick just pure speed how I wish it could rain,
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2010
Its. . .

Alsonso
Button
Massa
Webber
Lewis

My bet? This is gonna be Jensons race.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2010
couldnt watch the qualifying but seeing that Ferrari has a pole & 3rd looks promising!
if they can get their act together we may have a Ferrari 1-2 finish again. VAMOS!!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2010
2-1 finish you mean?

I think the Ferraris will have a good race if nothing happens in the first corner

Hamilton should stay as far away as possible from Crashkid Vettel if he's to have any chance of a pole finish
here
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2010
The Italian Job

whodunit?
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2010
crashhhhhh already knew it!!!!

i think its his fault, he should have clamed down!!! whats the bloody rush in a tight corner!! grrrrr
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by cold(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2010
Hamilton out already  embarassed
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2010
Ferrari looking like a predator now, all they have to do is catch the slipstream behind Button!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2010
Alonso having a bad start was painful to watch but Hamilton being out brought JOY back on my face. . . . . .
VAMOS FERRARI!!!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
Poor Jensen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

I Will Not Celebrate My Daughter’s Birthday, We Are Jehovah’s Witnesses - Serena / Women World Cup: Nigeria Releases Full Squad (see List) / 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.