Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,997 members, 7,915,921 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:25 PM

Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (48458 Views)

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos / MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Moving4: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Smooth14: 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
smiley
201320142015ob:
Since yesterday I haven't been able to go to work because my neighbour cheated on his wife and she got angry and told him she will have sex with all the neighbours around....I'm still here waiting for my turn!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Narldon: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bemused lame cows
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by seunny4lif(m): 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Your matter dey Lala hand grin grin grin grin
Nairalander will not kill person grin grin grin grin
201320142015ob:
Since yesterday I haven't been able to go to work because my neighbour cheated on his wife and she got angry and told him she will have sex with all the neighbours around....I'm still here waiting for my turn!!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Someone once asked me "Rochas and Lucifer who is more deadly?"plz help me answer this.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by sonnie10: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
201320142015ob:

Oga, dump that idea. By now, she must have contacted HIV. You should bid for the first position.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by canalily(m): 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ekwensushocked! Devil's advocate! Why not come aloneundecided

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by tizzle(m): 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
see him belle like person from "POTugal"
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by fabre4: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
Abagworo:

The title is wrong. It should read "Okorocha hailed as he addressed Imolites at Douglas road during demolition". Don't give false impression to outsiders as Imolites are generally happy with the demolition.

look I know you have a job to defend APC but after looking at the picture of the boy shot in the head and his mum crying by his side if u can still muster this then your son deserves the same treatment. Remember Karma knows no tribe religion or political party

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by missjane: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Peaceful abi??

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by jamesben91(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
I don't usually comment on nairaland but I actually had to login to comment here so the world will know the truth.

First of all, I want to establish that I have nothing to gain or lose if Ekeukwu Owerri market is relocated or not. What pains me is the temerity with which the government uses the media to lie to us; we've lost our minds in the name of playing politics.

How would someone write this piece, that the market was relocated amid jubilation? Do people lose their lives while jubilating?
How can you relocate a functioning market to an incomplete site?
How can you say the action was a peaceful one, when thugs from a particular part of the state were looting shops to zero level?
How peaceful could it have been when gunshots greeted the people of Owerri from the early hours of today till evening?

I can't even type further.... I feel so bad for all those that lost their loved ones; seeing this news in the internet would be more of emotional torture to them.

It's unfortunate that the government would do all sort of things and get away with it.

In all that happened today, all I'm asking for is a fair report. The people of Owerri are not happy, lives were lost, nobody is jubilating, people were even scared to come out today. I might not be a reporter but I feel the people's pains. I just hope we get it right someday.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by visionex: 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
Young03:

Kayode , oshogbo tout

Why is he demolishing it
exactly wetin i wan ask am it's like he reads thru anus
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
The governor should concentrate on renovating the structures he demolished.

The MCC road he dualized is already in a mess and worse than he met it

The okigwe road he tends to dualize is still not yet complete

finish the ones you started and leave the rest for incoming govt. You cant do all.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Zeruwa(m): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why there both is like this
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Kebreal92(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
Evablizin:
embarassed

In the name of demolishing whatever with security A Precious Soul was lost

got my eyez on u
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by goodvision12(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
201320142015ob:
you no welloo!You go stay thier old.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Amaechi5(m): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Peaceful demolition? Jubilation? What a shocker, can't believe afterwards that someone will write this rubbish!!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Gnwuashi: 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=Leopantro post=59852290]

they are happy with a demolition that killed a boy?
how can you say such a thing?

read the songs of praise from one of the imolites
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Legalaffairs(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
naturalman:

Dude....you do like how shantty and congested Douglas is?

Douglas is neither shanty nor congested bro. Douglas only requires management and maintenance. In every city in the whole world, market sits at the center. Now I know that mismanagement of that road is for a reason. What now assures us that the new location will not be shanty and congested in the near future? To whom brain is given....

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by benzems(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by tit(f): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
okorocha has signed his dead warrant
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Jj222(f): 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
APC government nawa
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Anjeco: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
201320142015ob:
Serious meltdown in Owerri this morning
This boy was shot died by police men this morning for protesting against the demolition of his mother's shop
This little Boy was crushed to death by Gov Okorocha and Nig Police. His crime was "don't destroy my mother's shop" and he was killed.
According to Gov Okorocha on why he is demolishing popular market in Owerri, "I want to build a modern school there...."
Can God forgive Gov Rochas Okorocha for being inhuman to his people?
who voted him into power?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Rohzay(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
jubilation ke! God wil fight for d innocent souls wasted by dis man called rochas....wicked soul
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by UfuomaUN(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
Although I strongly condemn the careless killings by the untrained Nigeria police force in Owerri, I think the Douglas market is over due for a relocation. That place is a den of thieves

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by NickD(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
Angelanest:
Read the press statement below;

This is to inform the general Public that Ekeukwu Market Owerri has finally been moved from its Current location at the centre of Owerri, the State Capital, to its new location at Ohi near Owerri amid jubilation by patriotic residents. The relocation of the market is in line with the Urban renewal programme of the State Government.

The market was moved Saturday morning, August 26, 2017, and almost two years the government had announced its good intention to relocate the market to a more conducive site, in the spirit of its Urban Renewal Pursuit.

The government has taken this noble action to equally recover Douglas Road that Connects the State with other neighbouring States which has remained a refuse dump for the traders in the market, and to deal once and for all, with the prevalent criminal activities in the area like robbery, cultism and kidnapping.

The action was a peaceful one and with the successful relocation of the Market to a better area, the government will now go ahead to rebuild Douglas road and realize its lofty dream of making Owerri a beffiting City.

The governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and the Rescue Mission Government he heads Commend the traders involved and the people of the State in general for their Cooperation and understanding. And by the peaceful Conduct of the traders they have shown that they appreciate government’s good intention to make Owerri an enviable State Capital.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/rochas-okorocha-at-ekeukwu-market-in-owerri-imo-state.html
Any supporter of the animal governor rochas needs a brain check.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by SirHenry105(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
Saw a photo of a young man shot dead in the process of this demolition, surprised to read here that it was peaceful..
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by openmine(m): 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
201320142015ob:
Serious meltdown in Owerri this morning
This boy was shot died by police men this morning for protesting against the demolition of his mother's shop
This little Boy was crushed to death by Gov Okorocha and Nig Police. His crime was "don't destroy my mother's shop" and he was killed.
According to Gov Okorocha on why he is demolishing popular market in Owerri, "I want to build a modern school there...."
Can God forgive Gov Rochas Okorocha for being inhuman to his people?
Why hasn't the thread associated with that dead boy hit front page....? Its time to bring to book d perpetrators of dat shameless and dastardly act on that poor but courageous boy who only wanted to defend his mother's shop only to be shot in the head by sum trigger happy security men....the thunder that is coming for those security men is almost through wit its testing.....smh
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by onatisi(m): 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Nigerians should learn to live with the consequences of their actions.

Elect a fool; get foolish policies from him. Did Imo people expect Rochas to change?
God bless you. It is only a daft person that will ever expect anything good from rochas .but since they voted for him twice, then they should face the music. They voted for change by voting in rocahs and rochas has now changed their location

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Udeh402017(m): 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
The people deserve the kind of government they get.Why didn't the government finish building the new market b4 relocating them there instead of this forceful eviction.However,if this move is for the sake of urban renewal & crime reduction,then kudos to the government.But I still insist the horse should have been put b4 the horse and not the other way round!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Udeh402017(m): 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
The people deserve the kind of government they get.Why didn't the government finish building the new market b4 relocating them there instead of this forceful eviction.However,if this move is for the sake of urban renewal & crime reduction,then kudos to the government.But I still insist the horse should have been put b4 the cart and not the other way round!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos by Mrlouis: 12:31am On Aug 27, 2017
hehehe Bature spotted there. Oya GI am 12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cornflakes For Jihad: The Boko Haram Origin Story By David Hundeyin / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church / We were offered Cash To Burn Kwankwaso Red Caps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.