Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,592 members, 7,968,730 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:02 PM

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? (22339 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
No way. That you know is not possible.

How can I curse my own babe.

I was referring to those who are talking rubbish about pet name. I am rather supporting u .
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2007
Oh cos I wasnt sure what this meant

"ori okpe" tongue
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2007
Ori okpe means all correct. How are you today.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2007
ironically if you change it around it means "you head isnt correct" in Yoruba tongue

I'm fine jare. you?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2007
My yoruba friend told me that it means all correct or ur are correct.

I am fine too. Thank you
Work?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Get off the damn computer if "western things" are oh soooo horrible. Gosh.

Calling you some dumb pet name doesnt mean i respect you. How hard is that to understand?

We take the good and do away with the bad and corrupt!
ThiefOfHearts, I love your consistency. But this time, please call a spade a spade.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ClimieNH89: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2007

We take the good and do away with the bad and corrupt!

I'll rather say: "We take the useful and do away with the useless"

Just like what you do with the bible!

After all we are in a man's world! wink
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2007
You have to get to grips with life guys. There is no point treating women as second class citizens.

The funny thing is that they still control you at the end of the day. . . you brag about calling it the man's world.

Beckham is the US. . . . because he likes it?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by lawuyi(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2007
For what it's worth i want to drop my own two kobo in this gist.
When i am toasting a girl friends she calls me by name.
When she gree and we start going out she still calls me by my name
When the thing becomes very sweet and we swear before the whole world that we will forever cherish and love each other she's supposed to stop calling me my name?

I'm not really sure i get the logic behind this.

For sure different strokes for different folks n all but if she no call me something when we dey do boyfriend-girlfriend then why should she start when we're on a more serious and open level in our relationship

Oh by the way aint nuthin wrong with pet names. I happen to like em a lot. U gotta do what works for you and your wife. You're the ones facing the storms and know how u r getting thru em together.
Forget all this eye-service kind of respect. If u want to marry some village girl that you're going to lord it over then by all means do so and get her to call you "His Royal highness, the owner of my life and children". If that works for your ego go ahead.

But if you're living in d 21st century, where you and your wife gotta have each others back 100% then there's gotta be mututal respect.
Doesn't mean it's wrong for her to call you what i wrote in quotes, just means you also have to refer to her as "Her Excellency, the great support of my life" or somethin like that  grin
Shikena
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2007
McDoe:

ThiefOfHearts, I love your consistency. But this time, please call a spade a spade.

When have you ever done away with the bad and corrupt? I guess that explains why Nigeria has been in HELL since the British left. Better wake up from your delusions.

That right there is the spade.

You definitely know what you are saying, lawuyi wink
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2007
@ lawuyi. . . spot on
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2007
@lawuyi: Yea mon! Another die-hard apostle of equal rights. But sometimes easier said than to practicalize.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
We are talking about mutual living here.

A real woman respects her husband but should not fear him because he is her friend.
the man is the head of the house but not the taskmaster who should be feared. It is clear that men have ego but real women know how to handle it while remaining friends.

Call me by my name. I will call you your own. After all it is my name.

If you have special one for me because I am your husband, i will not reject it.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2007
faketan. hmm these ur rules and regulations are scaring people away already o grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2007
Why soul? Why should it?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2007
Do I actually have a rule or regulation?

What is ur own Opinion?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2007
Do I actually have a rule or regulation?

What is ur own Opinion?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by awarun(f): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2007
Na wa oh, I had dis discussion with some friends not long ago and dey all said is disrespectful. I see no reason why u can't call ur spouse by name. U can call ur husband what ever respectable name and still insult him esp the YORUBA'S. My parent call each other by name and are still the envy of other couples in our neighbourhood. I feel different people different ways.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2007
@awarun: We say these things without really taking into consideration our lifestyles(culture). Are u saying that a woman should look at her husband straight in the eyes and arrogantly call him by name. Why don't we allow children to also call their popsies by name just because we are rights agitators? Honestly, calling a husband by his 'raw' name without adding some sweetness to the name smacks of disrespect. We all know these things and should therefore not lie about them.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by fatty27: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2007
You guess what? These people are tapping into oyinbo man culture. They would later claim they are being kolonise. Civilization my foot!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2007
fatty27:

You guess what? These people are tapping into oyinbo man culture. They would later claim they are being kolonise. Civilization my foot!

You cannot be far from the truth. Bleep western civilization!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2007
Your d*ick go bruise if you Bleep am
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2007
faketan:

Your d*ick go bruise if you Bleep am

Never!
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2007
Are u saying that a woman should look at her husband straight in the eyes and arrogantly call him by name

What the hell was she calling him before they got married? Quit being such an ignorant slowpoke.
How do you compare the relationship of children to that of the wife? do you go to the children's father's house to take them away? Seriously what is wrong with you?

Actually I don't even want to know. I don't want to contact lunacy.

na your people be this o, osisi.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

What the hell was she calling him before they got married? Quit being such an ignorant slowpoke.
How do you compare the relationship of children to that of the wife? do you go to the children's father's house to take them away? Seriously what is wrong with you?

Actually I don't even want to know. I don't want to contact lunacy.

na your people be this o, osisi.

You ain't scream enough! For all I care, women must respect men. It is only then that power could shift.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2007
TOH you don de throw stone now. Which one be na ya people be this Osisi?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2007
osisi knows cheesy

let's just say typical Nigerians are not my forte.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2007
Well na you sabi O. But we still have such conservative guys abroad. not only in Nigeria you know.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2007
did I say that they only exist IN Nigeria?

Some still travel and carry their ignorant disease along with them unfortunately.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
Respect expected from a wife is a global thing and not necessarily in Nigeria alone. ThiefOfHearts, you know this na.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2007
faketan:

Well na you sabi O. But we still have such conservative guys abroad. not only in Nigeria you know.

No mind am. This thing na allover. infact, it is the trend it was taking that made some rights activists to come out
with they now call ''gender equality''.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2007
That's true TOH but I was saying that people of other nationalities still have some conservative subpopulation. It is not only a Nigerian thing inasmuchas I do not sucribe to it Nigeria where we tend to look down on women very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) / "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.