Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,357 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers (9481 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / South East PDP Caucus Resolves To Remain In Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And all the challenges were just to buy time, cos they all know what they were up to.
Has not been seen by those that he does not wanna see

The Nigerian people?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
Megadeals:

The Nigerian people?

You mean the chosen ones that he has been seeing are not Nigerian people?
He has not seen the masses and that is why he has people to do all that.
The fact remain, Yaradua is not as dumb as we all thought.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
The mistake was to have kept some of his men around and redeploying instead of firing them.

agreed. GoodLuck was not in charge, otherwise, he would have refused landing for the plane and tell them to re-direct the flight to Ghana or wherever.

As long as Yaradua is phyiscally present and can SPEAK, the game is up for Mr GoodLuck.

This gambit of GoodLuck to continue till Yaradua recovers is a refuse.

GoodLuck should expect a deadly blow soon.

You dont bite your Boss on the back and expect no reaction!

As far as Jonathan does not receive any direct instructions from Yar'adua, he remains 100% in charge.

which planet are you? Yaradua is EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT. He has ALL SAY in everything!

Yaradua is not oblige to talk/instruct to GoodLuck!

Mr Obasanjo was not talking to Atiku for over a year towards the end in 2007.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by boyt1: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
shocked shocked
i  learnt that since yaradua's  sense organs has  been damaged  to recognise anything, his wife Yaraturai  is now president with the help of some  Guys around she can give orders.

Afterall, it was OBJ. that appointed the YARAS, 9aas didn't vote for them.  at least it will still keep the North in power and safe their oil Blocks for some time.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Beaf: 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You dont seem to get what he is saying, he said, that Jonathan was not even cced in the memo to have it done.

The mistake was to have kept some of his men around and redeploying instead of firing them.

Someone in govt has assured us that Jonathan was privy to Yar Adua's return. So the question of being outside the loop of any troop deployment doesn't arise.
Yar Adua's return didn't catch Jonathan by surprise.

He might still lose out in the power play (ugly for Nigeria), lets see how it turns out.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by SOLAJULIUS: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
God will soon paralyse the cabal that may be holding Nigeria hostage.God is at work.Watch out
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by ikoyiboy: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
the corrupt vultures who surround the hapless yar'adua, lead by the overambitious and dictatorial emperess turai,
have conspired to bring him back in under the cover of darkness in the dead of night, in order
to protect their own slimey behinds, and continue their voracious pillage and plunder of nigeria's dwindling wealth
to the detriment of the long-suffering masses.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

agreed. GoodLuck was not in charge, otherwise, he would have refused landing for the plane and tell them to re-direct the flight to Ghana or wherever.

As long as Yaradua is phyiscally present and can SPEAK, the game is up for Mr GoodLuck.

This gambit of GoodLuck to continue till Yaradua recovers is a refuse.

GoodLuck should expect a deadly blow soon.

which planet are you? Yaradua is EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT. He has ALL SAY in everything!

Yaradua is not oblige to talk/instruct to GoodLuck!

Mr Obasanjo was not talking to Atiku for over a year towards the end in 2007.

Well said and i just would love to see where this cloud of rain will fall and who will be affected.
Beaf:

Someone in govt has assured us that Jonathan was privy to Yar Adua's return. So the question of being outside the loop of any troop deployment doesn't arise.
Yar Adua's return didn't catch Jonathan by surprise.

He might still lose out in the power play (ugly for Nigeria), lets see how it turns out.

Well we all can just wait and see what would happen, cos i am afraid, this will be dirty and might be the end to peace.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
SOLAJULIUS:

God will soon paralyse the cabal that may be holding Nigeria hostage.God is at work.Watch out

God will not come from heaven to do all that, will use people like you, so go ahead and people will follow you.
ikoyiboy:

the corrupt vultures who surround the hapless yar'adua, lead by the overambitious and dictatorial emperess turai,
have conspired to bring him back in under the cover of darkness in the dead of night, in order
to protect their own slimey behinds, and continue their voracious pillage and plunder of nigeria's dwindling wealth
to the detriment of the long-suffering masses.

So what is next?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
recovery! i thought that all is well with him in sudi before he decide to take a night trip to his country.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
vc online:

recovery! i thought that all is well with him in sudi before he decide to take a night trip to his country.

He wanna recover with one eye open and watch the moves of jonathan
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You mean the chosen ones that he has been seeing are not Nigerian people?
He has not seen the masses and that is why he has people to do all that.
The fact remain, Yaradua is not as dumb as we all thought.

We are talking about the lives of 150Million people here, I don't think it should be reduced to a game of hide and seek between a few buccaneers who are more interested in keeping Nigerians in the dark for their personal gain than public service.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by phantom(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Rubbish!A med board should be constituted to check this man for Gods sake.What is this?Do these animals want to drive us all insane?The US has helped us by subtly putting diplomatic pressure on saudi hoping we will do the right thing.But they just might be disappointed.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
phantom:

Rubbish!A med board should be constituted to check this man for Gods sake.What is this?Do these animals want to drive us all insane?The US has helped us by subtly putting diplomatic pressure on saudi hoping we will do the right thing.But they just might be disappointed.

My guy, i am on same side as you.
So no need to look at me like i am on the other side, Nigeria deserves better
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Bolarge(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

Can't believe u said the above. . . .

. . . only to now say this
otawa:

Can u explain how on earth Jon has bitten his boss in the a'ss?
By taking up a position he's not only entitled to in the absence of the boss but was also thrust upon him by the legislature who if I may remind u are representative of the people of Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Pharoh: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
All these scenarios just confirms that Goodluck is actually not in charge of the presidency.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by zaragoza(m): 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Agreed that he is not capable to run things,
but all the noise while he was away and all
the actions and role of the House is now
hostory, cos they are all favor seekers and
wont wanna say or do anything, since he is
back now

What difference does it make? Cos when he was still in saudi he gets daily briefings 4rm nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
We are talking about the lives of 150Million people here, I don't think it should be reduced to a game of hide and seek between a few buccaneers who are more interested in keeping Nigerians in the dark for their personal gain than public service.

Too late.

You should have speak up against Mr Obasanjo in 2007 when he was scheming Yaradua.

Can u explain how on earth Jon has bitten his boss in the a'ss?
By taking up a position he's not only entitled to in the absence of the boss but was also thrust upon him by the legislature who if I may remind u are representative of the people of Nigeria

He should have thank National Assembly but insisted he will only take over as acting-President once he physically meet with his Boss.

GoodLuck is greedy for power. Now, Turai has shown she is master of the game.

All these scenarios just confirms that Goodluck is actually not in charge of the presidency

How can he? Yaradua is neither dead or impeached!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Bolarge:

Can't believe u said the above. . . .

. . . only to now say thisCan u explain how on earth Jon has bitten his boss in the a'ss?
By taking up a position he's not only entitled to in the absence of the boss but was also thrust upon him by the legislature who if I may remind u are representative of the people of Nigeria?

Will be back to read how jonathan has bitten yaradua in the a$$
Pharoh:

All these scenarios just confirms that Goodluck is actually not in charge of the presidency.
zaragoza:

Agreed that he is not capable to run things,
but all the noise while he was away and all
the actions and role of the House is now
hostory, cos they are all favor seekers and
wont wanna say or do anything, since he is
back now

What difference does it make? Cos when he was still in saudi he gets daily briefings 4rm nigeria.

These are some of the reasons why they think they can do anything and get away with it.
What scenario?  
otawa:

Too late.

You should have speak up against Mr Obasanjo in 2007 when he was scheming Yaradua.

He should have thank National Assembly but insisted he will only take over as acting-President once he physically meet with his Boss.

True Dat, we have been given a gift and some danced and now we wanna reject it? Sorry, does not work that way.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by mikeoscar: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
You are surely day-dreaming.

So long as Yaradua can SPEAK and recognise people. He does not even need to walk. He has final SAY.

Yaradua is the excutive President of Nigeria!

He can have his cabinet meetings by his 'sick bed side in Aso Rock'

BTW, are you saying it is possible for Yar'adua to return Michael Aondokaa to His former post as AGF?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
mike oscar:

BTW, are you saying it is possible for Yar'adua to return Michael Aondokaa to His former post as AGF?

If yaradua comes back to power and wanna return him, he could.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

Too late.

Nothing is ever too late. There are one million and one things we could have done before today. But what we do from today on is more important than what we didn't do yesterday.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by joshO: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
Abeg, all this God will soon, Good will this and that. Let us park that one jare.

God will not decend from heaven to change leaders for us. What we  need now is a process
of civil disobedience. Everyone willing to put themselves out for the future of our nation,  NUT, NANS,
Labour unions and all those bodies quick to strike when salary is the issue - need to bring the country to a standstill, make it ungovernable until Yar does good,  , Men,  when will we stop selling our souls for a pot
of poridge!!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2010

Yaradua does not need to come to power. He is the executive President of NIGERIA.

He is alive and physically present in Nigeria.

All he has to do, call his press secretary and tell them he return Aondokaa as AGF.

And then append his signature or tumb print to the official gazzete.

Nobody. Nobody in Nigeria can question his word. The words of executive President.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
i am bloody tired of this sheet

interr our dead president already
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by sweet9ja: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
By bringing a terminally ill Umaru that cannot show his face or speak publicly to Nigerians, show that there is disarray in the Yar'Adua camp. Jonathan's postponement of the weekly fec meeting is a masterstroke, he knows how sick the man is and I think he is just showing some respect. Watch out in the comming days if Jonathan will scale down on his shedule and where he sits in comming fec meeting. I strongly agree that Turai is been overated, she is probably very nervous right now not knowing where the wind is blowing. Whatever happen the momentum is with Jonathan and you must never underestimate a quite man. cool
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Bolarge(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

Bwahahahaha! My guy don't make me laugh. . . Is that what the constitution says? A country has been left adrift  rudderless f.or 3mths and he's supposed to decline? In a sane country he would have been castigated sharply by the legislature, judiciary and well meaning statesmen for not assuming the role much earlier. . and by much earlier I mean a week after ur moribund President went AWOL.
otawa:

Does the word[b] incapacitated[/b] mean anything to u? What's the use of a vegetable in the Presidency for cryin out loud? I can't believe some things are even being debated.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

Yaradua does not need to come to power. He is the executive President of NIGERIA.

All he has to do, call his press secretary and tell them he return Aondokaa as AGF.

Nobody. Nobody in Nigeria can question his word. The words of executive President.

someone who sneaked into naija like a beaten weasel, under a shroud of secrecy?

call wetin - e cn expect more bbc style audio 419 going forward
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by joshO: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2010

This is only possible due to the dorcility of the people. Trust me, if this nation comes to a standstill, either Yar steps aside voluntarily or forced to by Jon/National Assembly, or a coup happens. Period.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
Pharoh:

jonathan was just a maid-in-waiting to yaradua but if i had said this way back folks wont believ because yaradua's home-coming was the last agenda for discussion
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2010
joshO:

This is only possible due to the dorcility of the people. Trust me, if this nation comes to a standstill, either Yar steps aside voluntarily or forced to by Jon/National Assembly, or a coup happens. Period.  

Who will take the lead in Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2010
The Lawmakers are the voice of the Nigerian people, the only way out of the mess at this point in time. But they are not likely to do anything since they don't actually see themselves as representatives of the people.

So far as they are getting money to spend and they're immediate families are OK, they wont do anything decisive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants / My Oil Firm Got No Kobo Of Subsidy From Fg -jimoh Ibrahim / Fg Is Taking Proactive Measures To Resolve Apapa Gridlock – Vp Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.