Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers (9476 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / South East PDP Caucus Resolves To Remain In Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by JUO(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2010
but this woman is tough and heartless
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
but this woman is tough and heartless

I am amazed at her Political sargacity. I doubt if it is her brain working.

She must have some loyal, hardcore politicians working for her.

So far they are doing everything according to script.

Only PDP by calling on NA to impeach Yaradua can bring master-stroke to the unfolding game.

But, I doubt they would go to impeachment route. Too dangerous for the future.

The best option is let Yaradua finish his term in less than 12months and he can gracefully go home or to his grave.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by boyt1: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
For those guys in 9aa still worried about the Cabal, Turai, or the Northerner's plan to sabotage Goodluck Joe, not to worry.     Yaradua is already 77% Dead:  his sense organs are disfunctioning, cant eat, talk, recognize etc. He is on rechargeable chips to keep some organs functioning.
The chips are programmed, any DAY the chips packed up that is the END.
Lost over 40 Kg.  And they have lavishes millions even hired a Boeing 777 Air Ambulance fully equipped as a hospital.

A ha! you cant play this games for long my dear.  whether they like it or not Yaradua's  Funeral will be announced very soon, and Ag. President Goodluck Joe will then  be officially sworn in as Presido.
Then part 2 will follow. for now we have finished watching this interesting Horror Movie part 1.
Guys get more popcorn . cool
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by marcdunu: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

I am amazed at her Political sargacity. I doubt if it is her brain working.

She must have some loyal, hardcore politicians working for her.

So far they are doing everything according to script.

Only PDP by calling on NA to impeach Yaradua can bring master-stroke to the unfolding game.

But, I doubt they would go to impeachment route. Too dangerous for the future.

The best option is let Yaradua finish his term in less than 12months and he can gracefully go home or to his grave.

you agree that he is dead and endorse a dead man running Nigeria? very shocking!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Aderupoko2: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yar'adua, you should stop embarrassing this country. Power belongs to God. A living dog is better than a dead lion, Try and battle it out for survival for your dear life. Don't allow your power hungry wife to kill you. The looters are all surrounding you, hoping that the country is grounded to a halt.
PDP, will you ever allow us to live like citizens in our own country? Why must you continue to be linked to anything anti-people? Something tells me that that D in the middle of PDP stand for the DEVIL.
God is watching all of us. I know we cannot continue to live like this.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
Aderupoko2:

Yar'adua, you should stop embarrassing this country. Power belongs to God. A living dog is better than a dead lion, Try and battle it out for survival for your dear life. Don't allow your power hungry wife to kill you. The looters are all surrounding you, hoping that the country is grounded to a halt.
PDP, will you ever allow us to live like citizens in our own country? Why must you continue to be linked to anything anti-people? Something tells me that that D in the middle of PDP stand for the DEVIL.
God is watching all of us. I know we cannot continue to live like this.

Call 1-800-YAR-ADUA and tell him that, i think he needs to hear all these
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Dagbolu: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
The reason these confusionists are still able to destabilise Nigeria is because Mr Goodluck Jonathan has so far acted cowardly by refusing to exercise the power vested in him when he was declared Acting President two weeks ago. He has behaved like someone who is in office but not in power. He should have acted more decisively by sacking those who are responsible for all these chaos and appointed people who are progressive in their thinking.

Now he finds himself surrounded by enemies of our Constitution, Democracy and Unity. Would we not be better placed to succeed as a nation if the FEC was now made up of people who are really interested in Rule of Law, Democracy and Unity.

Finally, I consider Mr Goodluck Jonathan a weak personality whose fear and anxieties might have cost Nigerians an opportunity to break free from political slavery.

However, we must not loose hope because if we persevere as a people that we want the politicians to do the right thing, then we can still defeat the political Carbals in Nigeria who are using Yar Adua's name to enslave the Nigerian people.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by scorpio1(m): 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING: The saudi King has evicted Yarádua from his country so that he does not die in his domain, cos if he does;he will have lots of queries to answer especially when Intelligence reports reaching him indicate that Nigerians are shouting that he is keeping our president as a hostage;, Definitely,Obama and other international bodies go don call am for phone unto wetin dey happen,
The wise King has ejected our Yara'dua so that he can come and die anyhow he wants on his country soil, That is what Turai wants{Remain President or die Tryin'}.

VERIFIED!!!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dagbolu:

The reason these confusionists are still able to destabilise Nigeria is because Mr Goodluck Jonathan has so far acted cowardly by refusing to exercise the power vested in him when he was declared Acting President two weeks ago. He has behaved like someone who is in office but not in power. He should have acted more decisively by sacking those who are responsible for all these chaos and appointed people who are progressive in their thinking.

Now he finds himself surrounded by enemies of our Constitution, Democracy and Unity. Would we not be better placed to succeed as a nation if the FEC was now made up of people who are really interested in Rule of Law, Democracy and Unity.

Finally, I consider Mr Goodluck Jonathan a weak personality whose fear and anxieties might have cost Nigerians an opportunity to break free from political slavery.

However, we must not loose hope because if we persevere as a people that we want the politicians to do the right thing, then we can still defeat the political Carbals in Nigeria who are using Yar Adua's name to enslave the Nigerian people.

What do u think he shd have done?
Or what would u have done, if you were him?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
scorpio1:

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING: The saudi King has evicted Yarádua from his country so that he does not die in his domain, cos if he does;he will have lots of queries to answer especially when Intelligence reports reaching him indicate that Nigerians are shouting that he is keeping our president as a hostage;, Definitely,Obama and other international bodies go don call am for phone unto wetin dey happen,
The wise King has ejected our Yara'dua so that he can come and die anyhow he wants on his country soil, That is what Turai wants{Remain President or die Tryin'}.

VERIFIED!!!

Source of Info, plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by mohid(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
still sick, and in the middle of the night?sounds more like a desperate move from the hawks losing their grip on Nigeria. i am certain this movie has a glorious ending the die is cast for all those that have held us down for too long, we go dance for them!!!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
mohid:

still sick, and in the middle of the night?sounds more like a desperate move from the hawks losing their grip on Nigeria. i am certain this movie has a glorious ending the die is cast for all those that have held us down for too long, we go dance for them!!!

I am sure we quarter to the end of the movie and soon, we will analyze the movies after the end of the last scene
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by sweet9ja: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
The Americans are said to have reaffirm their support for Jonathan today.

This is very significant, cos' these guys have all sorts of security reports.

It means that they know something Jonathan, OBJ and Turai Know already;

Umar is definately incapacitated.

The meeting between Turai and Jonathan this evening may be an attempt

on her part to wriggle concessions of some sorts from him.

The next few days will be crucial.

Stay tune!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by sweet9ja: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
[b][/b]US Dumps Yar'Adua

Signs that America has moved beyond the era of President Umaru Yar’Adua unfolded in Washington yesterday as its top African diplomat called for full international support for Acting President Jonathan Goodluck. Assistant Secretary of State for Africa Affairs, Jonnie Carson told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on relations with Nigeria that while the administration hopes for a speedy recovery for President Yar’Adua, it was time to move on.

He said the administration supports the action of the lawmakers to resolve the country’s constitutional crisis by elevating the former Vice President. “Mr. Yar’Adua’s absence has generated political uncertainty and has challenged Nigeria’s young democratic institutions.

The National Assembly’s resolution that officially designated Vice President Goodluck Jonathan acting president demonstrated Nigeria’s resolve to find a peaceful solution to the country’s leadership vacum,” he said.
Mr. Carson who just returned from a trip to Abuja said Mr. Jonathan has done remarkably well in the saddle and assured that the administration would continue to provide assistance to the country.

He, however, warned that the future of the country remains in doubt until the government can hold free and fair elections.
“In my meetings with a broad range of political, religious and civil society across Nigeria, I discussed the important role that elections play in democracy. I stressed that Nigeria’s next presidential and national assembly elections scheduled for April 11, (2011), must be credible,” he stated. Carson said despite adding the country on the list of sponsors of terror, the administration remained committed to the progress of Nigeria as a critical ally in a host of international issues.

“We seek to enhance Nigeria’s role as a US partner on regional security but we also seek to bolster its ability to combat violent extremism within its own borders. He says Nigeria has a role to play in dismantling terror groups and that the government should do more to discourage such groups from operating in its territory.
“Nigeria is a partner in counter-terrorism efforts and it is in this context that Nigerians have expressed dissatisfaction with their inclusion in the Transportation and Security Administration’s countries of interest list,” he stated. The White House said the administration would only review Nigeria’s listing as a terror nation after the installation of airport screeners and an audit of the nation’s main airports in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
Like i said, i will stay tuned to see the end of this saga
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by MsTom(f): 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dagbolu:

The only power he had as the ag. president was to mobilize the law makers (in quote) to start the impeachment process. That is his only err. He had no power what-so-ever. He was acting. He was NOT the president

Why wont he be weak? He was practically alone in the politics except for the backing of Nigerians who are now comfortably seated in their homes with their families.

Funny, it is not new in Nigeria for one person in the name of power to enslave the people, yet the people did nothing. I dont see any hope not to talk of losing one.

Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Funny, it is not new in Nigeria for one person in the name of power to enslave the people, yet the people did nothing. I dont see any hope not to talk of losing one.

You are starting to understand it and that is why i laff when i read post of "now is time for us to act" and i ask, who are the "we"?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Dagbolu: 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What do u think he shd have done?
Or what would u have done, if you were him?

When he was declared Acting President he had a lot of momentum and good will on his side. Be mindful that there were people who put their personal safety and livelyhood at risk to agitate for him to be made Acting President. On being recognised as Acting President he was advised and encouraged to reshuffle the Cabinet and bring in people he can work with to help move the country forward. This advice and encouragement came from most quaters of the country. But, he dithered and dithered and allowed the cabals to regroup, plan and implement their plans. He stood still while these people did all the runnings. Now look at the outcome.

Politics is not for indecisive personalities or nice guys. Its a power game and one needs to outsmart opponents otherwise power cannot be gained.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dagbolu:

When he was declared Acting President he had a lot of momentum and good will on his side. Be mindful that there were people who put their personal safety and livelyhood at risk to agitate for him to be made Acting President. On being recognised as Acting President he was advised and encouraged to reshuffle the Cabinet and bring in people he can work with to help move the country forward. This advice and encouragement came from most quaters of the country. But, he dithered and dithered and allowed the cabals to regroup, plan and implement their plans. He stood still while these people did all the runnings. Now look at the outcome.

Politics is not for indecisive personalities or nice guys. Its a power game and one needs to outsmart opponents otherwise power cannot be gained.

TO be honest with you, you have good and real points.
However, with the case in court and all that, it is not that easy for him to carry out a lot of things.
The only think i think he wasted time on was to get rid of some of the die hard fan of yaradua, he shd have sent them packing fast and change them all to people he can trust.
However as an Acting president, there is little he could do.
I bet, he never see this coming that They will repackage the ghost of yaradua into the nation like that, and that was why they never told him, so that, he will be caught unaware.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by morpheus24: 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

TO be honest with you, you have good and real points.
However, with the case in court and all that, it is not that easy for him to carry out a lot of things.
The only think i think he wasted time on was to get rid of some of the die hard fan of yaradua, he shd have sent them packing fast and change them all to people he can trust.
However as an Acting president, there is little he could do.
I bet, he never see this coming that They will repackage the ghost of yaradua into the nation like that, and that was why they never told him, so that, he will be caught unaware.

Which shows his lack of leadership qualities. A good strategist would have anticipated this move and prepared for it after being advised.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2010
morpheus24:

Which shows his lack of leadership qualities. A good strategist would have anticipated this move and prepared for it after being advised.

Maybe i am just trying not to admit, cos i kinda like the dude . . . .but he made a grave mistake and hope it will not cost Nigeria
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by MsTom(f): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dagbolu:

Cant wait for the day when youths like you can stand up and declare your intentions to run for the office of the presidency. I would campaign for you.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Cant wait for the day when youths like you can stand up and declare your intentions to run for the office of the presidency. I would campaign for you.

That will be a great day, when people can come out open and contest election, not based on godfatherism but only based on what they blv they cld do for the nation, and not based on how much they have to their name
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Beaf: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
sweet9ja:

[b][/b]US Dumps Yar'Adua

Signs that America has moved beyond the era of President Umaru Yar’Adua unfolded in Washington yesterday as its top African diplomat called for full international support for Acting President Jonathan Goodluck. Assistant Secretary of State for Africa Affairs, Jonnie Carson told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on relations with Nigeria that while the administration hopes for a speedy recovery for President Yar’Adua, it was time to move on.

He said the administration supports the action of the lawmakers to resolve the country’s constitutional crisis by elevating the former Vice President. “Mr. Yar’Adua’s absence has generated political uncertainty and has challenged Nigeria’s young democratic institutions.

The National Assembly’s resolution that officially designated Vice President Goodluck Jonathan acting president demonstrated Nigeria’s resolve to find a peaceful solution to the country’s leadership vacum,” he said.
Mr. Carson who just returned from a trip to Abuja said Mr. Jonathan has done remarkably well in the saddle and assured that the administration would continue to provide assistance to the country.

He, however, warned that the future of the country remains in doubt until the government can hold free and fair elections.
“In my meetings with a broad range of political, religious and civil society across Nigeria, I discussed the important role that elections play in democracy. I stressed that Nigeria’s next presidential and national assembly elections scheduled for April 11, (2011), must be credible,” he stated. Carson said despite adding the country on the list of sponsors of terror, the administration remained committed to the progress of Nigeria as a critical ally in a host of international issues.

“We seek to enhance Nigeria’s role as a US partner on regional security but we also seek to bolster its ability to combat violent extremism within its own borders. He says Nigeria has a role to play in dismantling terror groups and that the government should do more to discourage such groups from operating in its territory.
“Nigeria is a partner in counter-terrorism efforts and it is in this context that Nigerians have expressed dissatisfaction with their inclusion in the Transportation and Security Administration’s countries of interest list,” he stated. The White House said the administration would only review Nigeria’s listing as a terror nation after the installation of airport screeners and an audit of the nation’s main airports in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.

I have posted the full article the above was extracted from twice and twice it has been deleted. angry
It is from a US senate hearing on Nigeria (I believe yesterday).
The US is bound to act very firmly if any id!ot thinks they can destabilise this country. They were able to make serious diplomatic inroads with Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Beaf:

I have posted the full article the above was extracted from twice and twice it has been deleted. angry
It is from a US senate hearing on Nigeria (I believe yesterday).
The US is bound to act very firmly if any id!ot thinks they can destabilise this country. They were able to make serious diplomatic inroads with Jonathan.

Time will tell.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by JUO(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
has anybody seen this man i ask again?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
JUO:

has anybody seen this man i ask again?

And again, i said, YES . . .on the CNN International section, a pix that he took last year with Jonathan in November
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by MsTom(f): 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And again, i said, YES . . .on the CNN International section, a pix that he took last year with Jonathan in November

lol
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

lol

Abi now. . . . .i saw him there for real.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Dagbolu: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Thanks for your comment MsTom. The problem is we have been made to leave Nigeria and live in diaspora. What a shame?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by rasputinn(m): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
All of a sudden Olusegun ASdeniyi has crawled out of his shi.thole,which president and which unceasing prayer is the foo.l talking about

God please kill Umaru Yar Adua now so that Nigeria will move forward and that Jezebel called Turai will be shamed

Segun Adeniyi,see the above highlighted,that's my unceasing prayer
Bunch of leeches
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by safariman(m): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
@Beaf
US is just toying with Nigeria, they recently went to see IBB and co. to make sure that the North cabals would not be upset with Jonathan's regime.  If you had ever met Yar'dua in person even when he was quote healthy, you know his time on earth would not be long.  
US also need a Naija govt they can work with, shunning and derogatory remarks hasn't work.  I like what someone wrote in their post that there are no differences between a Jonathan led regime and Yar'dua., both dull and unimpressive with no leadership qualities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Timipre Runs To South Africa And His Boys Run To Dubai? / 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi / Baba Abba Is Dead! Taraba INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.