Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ (40714 Views)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nigeria: Iwobi Needs More Goals to Become World Class - Parlour

Former Arsenal great, Ray Parlour believes Nigerian midfielder, Alex Iwobi can become one of the best in the world if he adds more goals to his game.

Iwobi scored the goal that booked Nigeria's ticket to the Russia 2018 World Cup on Saturday.

Parlour made the comments during the MTN/Arsenal Football Clinic for coaches and children, which ended yesterday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

The former midfielder, who played alongside another Nigerian, Nwankwo Kanu in the Arsenal 'Invincibles' of the late 90s and early 2000s, rates Iwobi as one of the most promising midfielders in the game.

He, however, advised the Super Eagles' midfielder to work harder in his tracking and defensive duties if he is to reach the height commensurate to his talent.

"Iwobi is still a young player and in Wenger he is in good hands. He listens and works hard and with time I believe he will become a top top player.

"What he needs is to learn to score more goals and contribute more to the defensive side of the game. His movement on and off the ball is excellent, but he still has a lot to learn. He is one of the players to watch at the World Cup," he said.

Parlour, who was in the country for three days for the MTN/Arsenal coaching clinic, expressed delight at the passion shown by the participants for the game of soccer.

While commending MTN for their partnership with Arsenal, he advised aspiring young footballers to always believe in themselves, work hard and listen to their coaches in order to fulfill their potentials.

In his words: "It's quite nice to see so many kids who are enthusiastic about football here in Nigeria. I remember that I got into the Arsenal Academy when I was just 11 years old. I am excited about this opportunity because it's a heartwarming reminder of how it all began for me. My advice to these youngsters is that they must always show belief in their ability. Anybody, who wants to make it in football, must listen to his coaches, ask questions when they are lost and keep practising because practice makes perfect."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201710090422.html
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Alhassan Eager To Work Hard And Make a Super Eagles World Cup Squad
By Izuchukwu Okosi

Austria Wien attacking midfielder, Ibrahim Alhassan, believes that only hardwork and luck can earn his Nigeria teammates and himself places in the Super Eagles squad that will campaign at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria.com .

Nigeria on Saturday evening became the first African team to qualify for next summer’s World Cup after a 1-0 win against the Chipolopolo of Zambia at the Nest of Champions, the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo.

“The World Cup is the biggest stage for a footballer to play and I’m happy Nigeria made it (qualified),” Alhassan told Completesportsnigeria.com on Sunday.

“There were fears that we would find it difficult to qualify, but finally, the tension is over.

“For all of us the players, it means we have to redouble our efforts, work very hard and be lucky against injuries.

“Hopefully, I should play enough games before then,” the former Akwa United star stated.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/alhassan-eager-eagles-world-cup-squad/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18am On Oct 10, 2017
John Ogu, Etebo & Iheanacho Will Play Against Algeria – Eagles Coach Rohr Suggest

A much changed but strong senior national team of Nigeria will be lined up by coach Gernot Rohr when the Eagles take on Algeria in their final World Cup 2018 Qualifiers in Algiers.

Nigeria are already through to the World Cup in Russia courtesy of their 1-0 win over Zambia on Saturday in Uyo, but Rohr insist they will approach the game with the seriousness it deserves.

A whole lot of players will be given the chance to showcase themselves in the game according to Rohr as he wants to provide every player with a chance to stake a claim for a start.

It means players like John Ogu, Oghenekaro Etebo, Kelechi Iheanacho, Anthony Nwakaeme and co who have been frozen out of the starting line up are going to be strong contenders to start in Algiers.

” We never go to a match with second team, we want to win our last match as well. At least not to lose so we can qualify without losing any game, it will be wonderful this is another challenge but I think we will play a second friendly game perhaps in Morocco to see all the players who couldn’t play in our previous games”, the coach said.

**Maxwell Pius

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/09/john-ogu-etebo-iheanacho-will-play-against-algeria-eagles-coach-rohr-suggest/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:26am On Oct 10, 2017
Focus on Ayo Akinola

FIFA U-17 World Cup: Akinola Fires USA Past Ghana
By James Agberebi

United States of America forward with Nigerian blood Ayo Akinola was the hero for his team as his goal secured a 1-0 win against Ghana at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India on Monday.

Akinola, 17, scored in the 75th minute to hand the United States their second win in Group A, while handing Ghana their first defeat of the tournament.

The win took the USA to the top of the group on six points following their 3-0 win against hosts India in their first game.
Ghana drop to third on three points, while Colombia who edged India occupy the second spot on three points.

Born in Detroit, Michigan before moving to Brampton, Ontario, Akinola is eligible to play international football for either the United States, Canada or Nigeria (by descent).

In 2015, he made his debut for the USA Under-17 national team, playing 40 minutes in a 3-2 defeat to England Under-16s. His first goal was against Brazil in 2016, before netting a brace against Russia also in 2016.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fifa-u-17-world-cup-akinola-fires-usa-past-ghana/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2017
England U21's Tammy Abraham flattered by Nigeria interest
By PA Sport

Tammy Abraham admits he is flattered by Nigeria's interest but vowed to stay focused on the England Under-21s.

The striker is expected to spearhead the Young Lions' attack when they travel to Andorra on Tuesday to continue their Euro 2019 qualifying campaign.

Abraham scored and grabbed an assist in Friday's 3-1 win over Scotland Under-21s having already denied he was planning to switch allegiances to Nigeria.

Under-21 boss Aidy Boothroyd is wary of losing his players, with Sheyi Ojo and Dominic Solanke also eligible for Nigeria, but Abraham remains happy with England.

"There are a lot of things going on and for me that is a sign you are doing something right, if Nigeria are fighting for you and England want you as well," said Swansea's on-loan Chelsea forward.

"I'm happy right now and I just want to keep playing my football. Nothing has happened [in terms of the Nigeria FA contacting]. I'm not too sure what is going on."

And Abraham is ready to take on Andorra, who lost 6-0 to Ukraine last month, at the Estadi Comunal in Andorra la Vella.

"We're in control of the group but we can't take our foot off the gas. We need to take confidence into every game and make sure we get the results we need," he said.

Boothroyd reiterated the point, warning his side they are not basketball team the Harlem Globetrotters and that they must respect Andorra.

The Young Lions boss wants his team to ensure they have the substance before they turn on the style as they aim to maintain their position at the top of Group 4.

He said: "My players are so skillful and comfortable on the ball that one of my biggest concerns is that sometimes they can be too elaborate on the ball.

"I keep telling them that we are not the Harlem Globetrotters and we are not here to do tricks.

"We can express ourselves by all means, but we are here to play as a team and we know when we come up against the big-hitters there will be no time for all that.

"We have some deadly players up front. My biggest challenge is to turn them into a team and a squad that is bigger than the sum of its parts."

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/england-u21/story/3225023/england-u21s-tammy-abraham-flattered-by-nigeria-interest?device=featurephone
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Africa's star men during the World Cup qualifiers

We're approaching the climax of Africa's World Cup qualifying programme, with Nigeria and Egypt having booked their tickets to Russia this weekend.

Tunisia appear primed to follow them, while Morocco, South Africa, Ivory Coast and Senegal all have their destinies in their own hands as they look to secure one of the continent's five spots at for next summer's global showpiece.

It was a dramatic weekend of action, with Gabon, Zambia, Ghana and Uganda all being eliminated from the running, and several of Africa's star men impressed during the penultimate weekend of fixtures.

Here are our top five.

Mohamed Salah: There's no where else to begin this list but in Alexandria, where Egypt ended their 27-year wait for a World Cup appearance when they beat Congo-Brazzaville to reach Russia.

The Pharaohs' Golden Generation - winners of three consecutive Africa Cup of Nations - never translated their continental form to a spot at the high table, but Salah helped banish some unhappy qualifying memories with a fine double.

After Congo cancelled out his opener through Arnold Bouka Moutou, Salah stepped up in the 95th minute to hold his nerve and fire a penalty past Barel Mouko.

His strike sent a nation into ecstasy, bringing an end to nearly three decades of World Cup misery, but it's impossible to underestimate just how much pressure the Liverpool man was under when he stepped up to take the spot kick.

Perhaps his tears during a post-match interview said more than words ever could.

Mbark Boussoufa: One of the weekend's most underrated star men, Boussoufa was at his majestic best in the Moroccan midfield, where few in the continent can match the control which he and teammate Karim El Ahmadi can exert over international fixtures.

While the latter is more of a destroyer - a master of the game's dark arts - Boussoufa is a beautiful footballer, who can dictate the tempo and speed up the play as Herve Renard desires, as well as playing killer balls to the Atlas Lions' frontmen, as he demonstrated in the 3-0 victory over Gabon on Saturday.

Formerly a No. 10 who was often employed in wide areas, Boussoufa has been reinvented as a deep-lying playmaker, and perhaps only John Obi Mikel and Jean Seri - whose Ivorian side stand between Morocco and the World Cup - can match him in terms of creative influence in the heart of the park right now.

Youssef Msakni: Perhaps Africa's outstanding player this weekend, Msakni was in irresistible form for Tunisia - contributing an assist and scoring a hat-trick as they came from behind to trounce Guinea 4-1.

The playmaker's magnificent showing ensures that the Eagles of Carthage remain in pole position in Group A, and will qualify if they avoid defeat against Libya next month.

Qatar-based Msakni has often flattered to deceive at international level, even though he boasts almost unparalleled flair and technique in the African environment.
Once tipped for great things, he has the quality to light up the World Cup next summer, having played an instrumental role in Tunisia getting there.

Alex Iwobi: It was a nervy affair for Nigeria when they hosted Zambia in Uyo on Saturday, knowing that they needed a win to secure their spot in Russia.

The Super Eagles lacked the cohesiveness they showed when they put Cameroon to the sword during the last international window, and lost influential midfielder Ogenyi Onazi to injury early on.

While Gernot Rohr opted not to reintroduce fit-again Iwobi to the starting line up - instead keeping faith with Moses Simon - the Chipolopolo defence contained the Gent wideman comfortably.

Indeed, while Simon prefers sticking to his touchline and going down the outside, the introduction of Iwobi - who picks his moments to cut inside and create in central areas - troubled the Zambian centre-backs and helped Nigeria dominate in the middle.
The Arsenal man's cameo may have been brief, but he made the vital contribution when he netted the 73rd-minute winner to send Nigeria to their sixth World Cup.

Khalid Boutaib: The former Strasbourg frontman netted a hat-trick as Morocco thumped Gabon 3-0 to eliminate the Panthers and move up to top spot in Group C.

The 30-year-old hasn't always been considered a starter by Herve Renard - he made just one brief appearance off the bench at the Africa Cup of Nations - but with Morocco having failed to find the net in three of their four qualifiers before Saturday, a hero was needed.

Yeni Malatyaspor hitman Boutaib offers an aerial threat, but he combined effectively and intelligently with the tireless Nordin Amrabat as Gabon were downed, and boasts technical quality as well - following up his opening header with left-footed and right-footed finishes.

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/blog-football-africa/story/3224773/africas-star-men-during-the-world-cup-qualifiers?device=featurephone
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:45am On Oct 10, 2017
Troost-Ekong : Sunday Oliseh Told Me Oyibo Boys Are Too Soft

Former Netherlands youth international William Troost-Ekong has hinted why he found game time hard to come by during Sunday Oliseh's spell as manager of the Super Eagles.

The Bursaspor central defender made only two appearances for the national team, against Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo, under the stewardship of Oliseh before he was frozen out of the squad.

''The Olympics was like a restart for my international career. I was part of the Super Eagles until Sunday Oliseh took me out because he said Oyibo boys are too soft,'' Troost-Ekong said to aclsports.com.

''I hope he’s watching his TV now and see us going to the World Cup.No ill feelings, I saw him at the Olympics last year and we spoke briefly.

''He didn’t believe in me then but I think Nigerians can see now what I can do.''

Nigeria have kept seven clean sheets in fifteen matches William Troost-Ekong featured for the national team, and he partnered German-born Leon Balogun in central defense in five of those games, against Chad, Mali, Tanzania, Cameroon and Zambia.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24950
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:47am On Oct 10, 2017
QPR Loanee Ebere Eze Buzzing After First Professional Goals

Queens Park Rangers loanee Eberechi Eze was delighted to score his first professional goals in Wycombe Wanderers 3-1 win at Cambridge United on game week 12 in the EFL League Two on Saturday evening.

It was a five star performance from the Nigerian striker, who opened the scoring two minutes into the second half after he was teed up by Adebayo Akinfenwa before grabbing his second goal in the 57th minute.

''It meant a lot to me. They were my first goals in professional football and I thank God for that,'' Eze told Wycombe Wanderers official website.

''I’m just happy to get the win for the team – I’m buzzing for everyone.''

The 19-year-old netted two long range strikes from a similar range against Cambridge United, and has explained that his extra shooting practice and advice of Matt Bloomfield paid off.

''For the first goal, it came down for me and I just thought I’d take a shot and it found the top corner.

''I watch Blooms a lot and he tells me to work off the big man – it’s a lot easier to have someone like him around and it means I can get high up the pitch.

''For the second one, I’d practised that shot in training with the gaffer. I’ve actually been working on putting power on my shots but I thought I could place this one and it went in,'' Eze concluded.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24951
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50am On Oct 10, 2017
MIKEL RELISHING WORLD CUP TICKET: ‘EVERYTHING COMES IN GOD’S TIME’
By Femi Badmus

The Super Eagles skipper is savouring the prospect of featuring in the global football showpiece for the second time in his career
Tianjin TEDA midfielder John Obi Mikel says it is a dream come true helping Nigeria secure a ticket to the 2018 Fifa World Cup.

Mikel put up a commanding performance as the Super Eagles edged Zambia 1-0 at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium to book an early flight to Russia.

According to the 30-year-old who will lead Gernot Rohr’s men quest for glory in the European country, everyone worked hard to ensure the goal was met.

“This is really a dream come true for the team and myself, we worked very hard for this believing we could do it, and we are over the moon that our aspiration has been met,” he told NFF media.

“I want to commend everyone who has been involved in this: the players, the coaches, the backroom staff, the NFF. It was not easy but we knew from the beginning that we would have to fight hard for every point and we did.”

The former Chelsea player feels relaxed despite missing the 2006 and 2010 edition in Germany and South Africa respectively.

“There is nothing one can do about that; everything comes in God’s time. I am grateful to God for this ticket and we will go to Russia and give our very best.”

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/mikel-relishing-world-cup-ticket-everything-comes-in-gods/yarll0pdcfhb18630u10f6fxy
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:55am On Oct 10, 2017
Beautiful Spirit of Sportsmanship from Mikel here commending The Zambians. Truly Magnanimous even in Victory.

Eagles Captain Mikel – We Are Lucky Zambia Didn’t Start The Qualifiers With This Team

Zambia would have been tougher in the race to qualify for the World Cup 2018 in Russia if they had started the qualifiers with the team that lost 0-1 to Nigeria in Abuja according to captain of the Nigerian team Mikel Obi.

The Chipolopolo are out of the race to qualify for the World Cup as the 0-1 loss suffered against Nigeria means the Super Eagles now have an unassailable lead at the top of group B.

However captain of the Nigerian team Mikel said, it could have been different if they had started the qualifiers with the team that lost 0-1 to Nigeria, as they are way better than the team Nigeria defeated 2-1 in the first game of the qualifiers in Ndola.

” They are totally different from the team we defeated in Ndola one year ago. This team is full of energy and very physical in duels, it’s all nice because they are very young so they have a bright future “, Mikel said.

” This Zambia team has a very bright future, it’s an advantage for us that they started the qualifiers very late., and not with this team”, he concluded

**Maxwell Pius

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/09/eagles-captain-mikel-we-are-lucky-zambia-didnt-start-the-qualifiers-with-this-team/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2017
Roma Nigerian Right Back Nura Abdullahi Back In Training After Surgery

Highly rated AS Roma Nigerian right full back Nura Abdullahi is back in training after successful surgery was carried out on his knee.

Nura was among the players who trained with players who were not called up by their respective countries for the ongoing World Cup 2018 Qualifiers.

The Nigerian who only recently signed a new deal tying him to the club till the summer of 2022 has been out for six weeks, with the setback coming at a time when many thought he will make his debut for the first team.

Since joining the Serie A outfit from Serie B side Spezia, Nura is yet to make his competitive bow for the first team, but his performance for the B team has been very impressive, and one year ago he was on the radar of La-Liga giants Barcelona after impressing against their B team in the UEFA Youth League.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/09/roma-nigerian-right-back-nura-abdullahi-back-in-training-after-surgery/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2017
Yes, I too read the whole story and all and it is disappointing that one of Our Very own Super star potential players for the future went so low and displayed such indisciplined lifestyle but I sure hope he has learnt his lessons and is now seriously getting back mindset-wise into the Zone of Fulfilling his immense Potentials... Come on Isaac "The Beast" Success!!! When I call you Beast, I refer to your Immense Soccer talents and not to the beastly tendencies of falling into indiscipline and sexual immorality.... Success is still young and I trust he will bounce back... I really pray he does. Hope he has learnt now that Talent is never enough

Watford Ace Success Is In Barcelona, Incident With “Hookers” Happened Last Month

Nigeria and Watford forward Isacc Success is presently in Barcelona Undergoing rehabilitation after undergoing surgery on a troubled knee.

Success has been in the news lately after four commercial sex workers alleged he demanded for his money back after paying them to spend the night with him.

The incident according to various reports in the British press lead to his arrest although he was later released but Police are reportedly still investigating the issue.

A representative of the player told Owngoalnigeria.com that the issue with the hookers at the hotel happened last month, and not few days ago as widely reported.

” He is in Barcelona at the moment undergoing rehabilitation after surgery. The incident happened early last month and people have only heard one side of the story “, he said.

” At this point in time Success is focused on recovering fully from the surgery and not in telling stories, but in due time he will reveal his own part of what transpired that night”.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/09/watford-ace-success-is-in-barcelona-incident-with-hookers-happened-last-month/

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2017
Yeah...that clause in the contract of a two year extension... really hope they can make it three or four with the option for another extension of two again... grin lol... and yeah, don't give me that look... I know how old he is... he can stay for six more years with us wink

Gernot Rohr Earns Fresh Two Year Contract Extension With Super Eagles

The two year contract of the Franco-German coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has been extended by default following Nigeria’s Qualification for the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Rohr signed a two year deal with the option of another two years if Nigeria qualifies for the World Cup in Russia, a feat they achieved over the weekend after their 1-0 win over Zambia.

He would have been axed if Nigeria had failed to qualify for the World Cup in Russia judging by the terms of the deal he signed with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) last year.

Since taking over as coach of the Super Eagles, the team has been beaten just once, which was the 0-2 loss to South Africa in Uyo, in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers, bar that game he has a coaching record of five wins and one draw from six games.

An official announcement by the NFF is expected to be made anytime soon with the current deal of Rohr set to expire shortly after Nigeria’s participation at the World Cup next year.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/09/gernot-rohr-earns-fresh-two-year-contract-extension-with-super-eagles/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Ndidi is the busiest Of all the Super Eagles players this season for club and country... haba!!!! abeg make him dey alright ooo... burnout is real... but I trust Ndidi is a very strong lad. He will push on but truly he needs some rest every now and then.... Shakes should handle him wisely biko....

Ndidi to undergo Leicester medical checks today

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi is expected to undergo a medical test to be conducted today by Leicester’s doctors to find out the extent of his injury in last weekend’s FIFA World Cup qualifier against Zambia in Uyo.

Ndidi celebrates his goal against Derby

Ndidi, who was on the pitch for all 90 minutes collapsed in a heap of pain clutching his hamstring muscle after attempting a shot from outside the Zambian box. Though Super Eagles medical crew gave the player a clean bill of health, Leicester insists he will be examined to ascertain if Ndidi had picked up hamstring injury. As Leicester prepare for their English Premier League clash with West Brom next week Monday.

Any injury to Ndidi would further stretch Leicester’s already limited options in central midfield, and leave only Andy King, Vicente Iborra and Daniel Amartey as available players in that position.

Matty James is out with an Achilles injury, while Adrien Silva’s registration remains blocked by Fifa.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/ndidi-undergo-leicester-medical-checks-today/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2017
William Agada sparks interest from top Israeli clubs after goal-scoring debut
by ScoreNigeria Admin

Ex-Mighty Jets striker William Agada is already the target of top Israeli clubs Maccabi Tel Aviv and Kiryat Shmona after he scored twice on his official debut for KATAMON Jerusalem at the weekend.

His agent, Dudi Ouziel of Medav Sport Scouting Agency, told SCORENigeria top striker Agada shone on his official debut soon after he clocked 18.

“He scored two goals on his official debut, was the best player on the pitch and now every game at least two scouts from different top clubs are watching him,” said Ouziel.

“He scored six goals in four friendly matches before he turned 18.

“Many top clubs like Maccabi Tel Aviv and Kiryat Shmona are talking about him.

“I do not see him staying at his club for long.”

The agent added: “The boy is a super player and I expect him to soon play for Nigeria U20 team.

“He’s very strong and has great ball control.”

Agada was leading scorer at Mighty Jets this past NNL season with seven goals.

He was scouted by Manna Abba Nasir ‘Sergio’, who is based in Bauchi.

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/09/william-agada-sparks-interest-from-top-israeli-clubs-after-goal-scoring-debut/&hl=en-NG
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Isahalbash(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
William Agada sparks interest from top Israeli clubs after goal-scoring debut
by ScoreNigeria Admin

Ex-Mighty Jets striker William Agada is already the target of top Israeli clubs Maccabi Tel Aviv and Kiryat Shmona after he scored twice on his official debut for KATAMON Jerusalem at the weekend.

His agent, Dudi Ouziel of Medav Sport Scouting Agency, told SCORENigeria top striker Agada shone on his official debut soon after he clocked 18.

“He scored two goals on his official debut, was the best player on the pitch and now every game at least two scouts from different top clubs are watching him,” said Ouziel.

“He scored six goals in four friendly matches before he turned 18.

“Many top clubs like Maccabi Tel Aviv and Kiryat Shmona are talking about him.

“I do not see him staying at his club for long.”

The agent added: “The boy is a super player and I expect him to soon play for Nigeria U20 team.

“He’s very strong and has great ball control.”

Agada was leading scorer at Mighty Jets this past NNL season with seven goals.

He was scouted by Manna Abba Nasir ‘Sergio’, who is based in Bauchi.

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/09/william-agada-sparks-interest-from-top-israeli-clubs-after-goal-scoring-debut/&hl=en-NG

Baba, you are doing a great job, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Osimhen Set For January Loan Move, Eyes Eagles World Cup Spot
By Johnny Edward

Wolfsburg’s Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen could go out on loan in January in search of first team football, Completesportsnigeria.com has reliably gathered.

Osimhen lasted only six minutes in his only appearance this season in the German Bundesliga for Wolfsburg but has been a regular in test games.

A source close to the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup top scorer revealed to Completesportsnigeria.com that Osimhen’s intermediaries are weighing the best option for him ahead of the next transfer window.

“Nobody loves being on the bench but in his (Victor Osimhen) case he needs to play regularly to improve and stand a chance of fighting for a place in the Super Eagles,” the source told Completesportsnigeria.com.

Victor Osimhen, 18, has been invited to the Super Eagles but was not involved in the World Cup qualifiers. He will hope to get a spot in the squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup which they qualified for on Saturday.

Wolfsburg are 12th in the Bundesliga table with seven points from seven games. The Wolfs will face Bayer Leverkusen this Sunday.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/victor-osimhen-set-january-loan-move/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
Moses, Abdullahi Named In World Cup Qualfiers Best XI
By James Agberebi

Super Eagles pair Victor Moses and Shehu Abdullahi have been included in the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) squad of best players of matchday five of the African FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifers.

The best XI of the matchday five, in a 4-4-2 formation, was released on CAF’s verified Twitter witter handle on Tuesday.
Moses and Abdullahi were in action for the Eagles who pipped Chipolopolo of Zambia 1-0 on Saturday to qualify next year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Abdullahi, who provided the assist for Alex Iwobi’s goal which sealed Nigeria’s qualification, was voted Man of the Match in the win against Zambia.

Also in the best XI is Mohamed Salah whose brace in a 2-1 win against Congo qualified Egypt for their first World Cup appearance since 1990.

Other players are Senegal’s Khadim N’diaye and Kalilou Koulibaly, Morocco’s trio Khalid Boutaib, Mbark Boussoufa and Achraf Hakimi, Egypt’s Ahmed Hegazy, Percy Tau of South Africa and Youssef Msakni of Tunisia.

CAF’s Best Eleven of Matchday 5 2018 World Cup Qualfier:

Goalkeeper

Khadim N’diaye (Senegal)

Defenders

Kalilou Koulibaly (Senegal)

Ahmed Hegazy (Egypt)

Shehu Abdullahi (Nigeria)

Achraf Hakimi (Morocco)

Midfielders

Victor Moses (Nigeria)

Percy Tau (South Africa)

Youssef Msakni (Tunisia)

Mbark Boussoufa (Morocco)

Forwards

Mohamed Salah (Egypt)

Khalid Boutaib (Morocco)

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-shehu-make-caf-best-xi/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lol... so na only UK most teams get players ba? This statement reminds some of "you-know-who".... loll... *winks*

.......................................................................................................

Fashanu: Why Super Eagles Won’t Get An Easy World Cup Draw
By Izuchukwu Okosi

Former Wimbledon striker, John Fashanu, believes no group will come easy for Nigeria’s Super Eagles when the draw for the 2018 World Cup is held on December 1, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Nigeria will grace the World Cup for the sixth time next summer
after the 1-0 win over Zambia on Saturday at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo secured the sole ticket in Group B .

“Right now we are back on track, but the hard work all starts for the Super Eagles from here,” Fashanu told Completesportsnigeria..com exclusively from Los Angeles, USA on Tuesday.

“It show who we are and a little of what we have for now. I say well done to the team. Let’s watch and see for now, but at this time all teams are dangerous. We should not hope to be drawn with any particular team or avoid any team.

“And that’s why they are all the same dangerous. Most teams have many players playing in the UK,” Fashanu stressed.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fashanu-eagles-wont-get-easy-wc-draw/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup Champion: Nigeria Here To Show Character!

Nigeria booked their spot in the Semi-finals after a hard fought for victory against Russia to secure a spot in the final 4 in Day 2 of the 2017 COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup in Durban. Nigeria joins South Africa Team 1 and 2, as well as Tunisia as the final quartet of the boys’ tournament who will be vying to be crowned the inaugural COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup Champion.

“COPA Coca-Cola is not just about playing football, it’s also about character. My boys showed plenty of character against a strong Russian team. What Coca-Cola is doing through the COPA Coca-Cola Cup, in giving boys an experience they would have otherwise never had playing in their country is commendable,” said Kennedy Taye Ezenwere.

“Football is a global experience and because of this tournament our players have experienced this first hand, thanks to the COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup.

We are from a rural part of Nigeria and coming to South Africa and competing in this tournament has broadened the character of my players,” added Taye.

Nigeria’s character has been tested at the 2017 COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup. Following their Group C, 3-2 defeat to Tunisia in Day 1 the team rallied in Day 2 to beat Russia Team 1 by 4 goals to 1.

Though the score line may reflect that the young Africans had it their way, this was not the case. Nigeria had to compete with the sheer physicality of the Russian players.

Using their agility and quickness, the Nigerians were able to score 3 goals in the second half after a hotly contested first half that ended 1-1. Nigeria will now meet South Africa Team 2 in the second semi-final to earn a place at the final of the COPA Coca-Cola Global Cup.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/copa-coca-cola-global-cup-champion-nigeria/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
Thank you Sir Isahalbash... smiley And thank you too Sir Ucheo.... sorry I saw your mention late. Take care now.

Isahalbash:

Baba, you are doing a great job, keep it up.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Awwwwwwwwn... and OGN made it into a headline... *tears* It was beautiful watching Aina and Iwobi in that clip I shared earlier from Naij.com YouTube channel of The Super Eagles' on-pitch celebrations.

Arsenal Ace Iwobi – As Kids Aina And I Talked About Going To The World Cup With Nigeria

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi who scored the vital goal for Nigeria in their 1-0 win over Zambia which qualified them for the World Cup has revealed his childhood dreams with Eagles new boy Ola Aina.

Aina made his debut for Nigeria against Zambia after agreeing to switch allegiance to Nigeria from England, where he represented their youth teams at various levels.

During the course of the post match celebration, Iwobi was asked about the feeling of scoring the vital goal that qualified Nigeria for the World Cup, but Aina interrupted him when he was about to talk and said.

” Listen I will talk for him, game changer. This guy is the game changer of course he came in and scored”, a joyful Aina said while holding Iwobi close.

Iwobi finally spoke and he said, ” Growing up with this boy (Aina) , his debut is a dream come true. As kids It’s our dream to go the World Cup, we are going to the World Cup. Russia watch out for us”, he concluded before joining the rest of his teammates on the pitch for more celebrations.

**Maxwell Pius

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/10/arsenal-ace-iwobi-as-kids-aina-and-i-talked-about-going-to-the-world-cup-with-nigeria/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
William Troost-Ekong Development ‘Surprises’ Efe Ambrose – He Is Way Better Now

Out of favour Super Eagles defender Efe Ambrose says he is surprised at how quick Bursaspor William Troost-Ekong has developed into a better defender in such a short time.

Ambrose was among the senior players of the Super Eagles when Ekong made his international debut for Nigeria three years ago in a Nations Cup Qualifiers tie against Chad in Kaduna.

” Ekong has grown into a very good defender in such a short time, he is way better now than when he played his first game for Nigeria few years ago”, Ambrose told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat.

” I have watched him in the last few games of the Super Eagles and although there are still some areas of his game that need improvement, but overall he has improved.

” He (Ekong) used to be very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, he still need to work on that but in other areas especially in making tackles and giving coverage I must confess he has improved tremendously “.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/10/william-troost-ekong-development-surprises-efe-ambrose-he-is-way-better-now/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
With the growing rapport between the NFF and The Moroccan FA, I trust this camping will be a good idea indeed. Not long ago, our U-15s faced off against their U-15s/U-16s... and Pinnick and the Maroc FA Boss share a good understanding. So nice one NFF

World Cup 2018 – Eagles To Camp In Morocco, Line Up France Friendly

The Super Eagles of Nigeria will hold a training camp in Morocco ahead of their final World Cup 2018 Qualifiers against Algeria in Algiers.

Although Nigeria are already through to the World Cup coach of the team Gernot Rohr wants the team to approach the game with the seriousness of a team that is battling to qualify for the World Cup.

Before the game against Algeria, the team will hold a training camp in Morocco, where talks are underway to play a friendly game against an African nation, preferably a team already through or out of the race to qualify for the World Cup..

The game against Algeria will be followed by a friendly game in France against an European nation before the players return back to their various teams.

For now Nigeria are hoping they will able to lure a strong European nation and formidable African side to help coach Rohr see players who are on the fringes of the team, and also other players doing well in Europe.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/10/world-cup-2018-eagles-to-camp-in-morocco-line-up-france-friendly/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Eagles Players Reveal Teams They Will Love To Face In Russia – Rohr Wants Germany

A cross section of players of the Super Eagles of Nigeria including coach Gernot Rohr have revealed the teams they will love to face at the World Cup in Russia next year.

Franco-German coach of the team Rohr says he will love to play against his country of birth, that is the defending World Cup champions Germany who are also through to the World Cup.

Shortly before Nigeria defeated Zambia 1-0 to seal qualification Rohr revealed his dream will be to play and beat Germany in the World Cup as coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

“Yes, I am happy I had the chance to coach players like Zidane, Dugarry and Lizarazu in Bordeaux we went to the final of the European Cup. So we had wonderful thing already but the most beautiful thing, and I will go there is to go to the World Cup, and then beat my home country Germany “. He concluded.

Here are the reactions from some players.

Moses Simon – We are not scared of any team but if you ask me, I want us to face Belgium at the World Cup. It will be a wonderful experience.

Chidozie Awaziem – Playing in the World Cup is no doubt a big step in the career of any player. To me I honestly would love us to face Portugal. I hope I’m not offending anybody.

Daniel Akpeyi – The World Cup is something you want to enjoy till maybe the final game, so avoiding the strong teams won’t be bad, but I will love us to face Argentina, we need to avenge the pain they have inflicted on us in the past.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa – My job is to guard my post against strikers, so that makes my case a bit different but playing against Brazil at the World Cup won’t be a bad experience for me.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/10/eagles-players-reveal-teams-they-will-love-to-face-in-russia-rohr-wants-germany/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
Super Eagles Captain Mikel Refuses To Rule Out Chelsea Return – Anything Can Happen

Captain of the senior national team of Nigeria John Obi Mikel has left the door open over a possible return to English Premier League side Chelsea, where he spent ten and half seasons.

Mikel is presently playing for Chinese side Tianjin Teda after leaving Chelsea in January, biut despite admitting he is enjoying life in his new surroundings, the 30 year old refused to rule out a return to Stamford Bridge.

Speaking exclusively to Owngoalnigeria.com shortly after helping Nigeria secure qualification to the World Cup in Russia, Mikel said he is open to the idea of returning to Chelsea in the
future.

” I didn’t have the chance to say goodbye on the pitch to the fans who stood by me for over ten years, that itself is enough motivation for me to want to return “, Mikel told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I’m very happy in China but then what I have learnt is that in football anything can happen. Chelsea is home to me due to my close relationship with the management of the team but I’m happy in China “.

**Maxwell Pius

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/10/super-eagles-captain-mikel-refuses-to-rule-out-chelsea-return-anything-can-happen/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Iwobi and Aina from one year ago before Aina made his switch official.... It is all about the bond... wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9nulhrIbc

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Breaking (Photo): Nigerian Striker Signs Three-Year Deal With Finnish Club VPS

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Finnish Veikkausliiga side Vaasan Palloseura have completed the signing of promising Nigerian striker Paul Obi.

Obi, who will celebrate his 21st birthday on October 29, has put pen to paper on a three-year deal with Vaasan Palloseura, which will keep him at Vaasa until the end of the 2020 season, if the parties honour the agreement.

In the just concluded season, the center forward was JS Hercules's biggest star, having notched 12 goals from 14 matches to finish as their top scorer in the Finnish Kakkonen, equivalent of the third-tier.

And he put himself in the shop window after scoring a hat-trick against the reserve team of VPS in October.

For the 2018 campaign, it is understood that Paul Obi will wear the number twenty five jersey.

The striker cum winger is a product of local Nigerian club Ajax FC based in Ajegunle, Lagos.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24961
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ex-Nigeria International Midfielder Being Investigated Over Match-Fixing

Out-of-favour Nigeria international Dickson Etuhu is being investigated by the Swedish authorities over allegations that he attempted to influence the outcome of a match in Sweden.

Red flags were raised by AIK goalkeeper Kenny Stamatopoulos when he claimed that he was offered a large sum of money, thought to be in the region of £180,000, by a former teammate to throw the game between Gothenburg and AIK in May.

And as a result the Swedish Football Federation had to postpone the match.

Etuhu has been interviewed by detectives working for a special unit set up in Sweden to investigate sports-related organised crime, and he could be charged in the next four weeks if he is found guilty.

''It was a mixture of money and concrete threats, special circumstances that convinced me we cannot not play this match,'' Swedish FA's secretary general Hakan Sjostrand told The Times.

"We needed to protect this goalkeeper - what would happen if he made a mistake."

Former Manchester City, Sunderland, Fulham and Blackburn midfielder Etuhu joined AIK in 2015 and ran out of contract with the Allsvenskan club in December 2016.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24958
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
The Victor Moses Story : How He Became A National Sensation

Victor Moses's penchant for making tricky, impressive contributions to the national team, the Super Eagles, long precedes him tormenting defenses; be it Sebastian Siani, Adolphe Teikeu, or even Aïssa Mandi and Nabil Bentaleb in CAF's Group B World Cup qualification series.

Watching him freakishly take on opponents, very few would actually remember he had came a long way.

It pre-dates him winning and converting two penalties against Ethiopia in a Nations Cup qualifier, a classy, consummate performance which rubber-stamped Nigeria's participation in the continental showpiece back in 2013, of which they emerged victorious thereafter, and just for the third time!

Whilst at Crystal Palace, the precocious prodigy set the world alight with his glitzy skills; like a booming projectile firecracker would into the skies, right from the time he made his debut for his adopted country's junior team.

After turning out for Young Lions, Moses would eventually decide to pitch his tent with the Super Eagles in 2011, not without his application to switch nationality been criminally delayed.

When he finally got his wish, the stage was set again for a magnificent shot at glory — the 2013 Afcon triumph been the higlight of it. And sure enough, he did not disappoint.

Taking a more closer look,it was particularly going to require a whole lot of mental strength in his case-amidst sad cock-tails of disappointments and career-stagnating injuries, his remarkable renaissance even at club level had been superb, the redemption-cum-accomplishment flowing markedly into his scintillating performances each time he pulls on the green and white.

Too often referred to as a maverick with the national team, with issues of skipping inconsequential national matches on notions of feigned injuries which are ostensibly wide of the mark, no one would begrudge him judging by how he had toiled his way to stardom — Achebe teaches thus," Those who had their nuts cracked for them by some benevolent spirits should not taunt the misfortunes of others".

That is to imply that in Moses's case, he had cracked his himself suffice to say it is factually certain he got little or no help.

Nigeria are through to the World Cup finals in Russia next year, no prizes for guessing who's fizz and panache had left tacklers for dead the most,or markers muddled in the distance, kicking away in frustration enroute to the Super Eagles passage.

But it is only a minute fraction of faithfuls who would remember how torrid a journey he had taken on his way to becoming a national success.

**Emmanuel Chinaza

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24953
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Eagles debut more special with World Cup qualification reveals Chelsea loanee Ola Aina
By ScoreNigeria admin

Ola Aina has told SCORENigeria his Eagles debut against Zambia at the weekend was even more special because it was on the day Nigeria secured qualification to next year’s World Cup.

Chelsea loanee Ola Aina was a 79th minute replacement for the injured Elderson Echiejile as Nigeria pipped Zambia to reach a sixth World Cup finals on Saturday.

The defender, who changed his international allegiance from England to Nigeria, was earlier expected to debut for the Super Eagles in September against Cameroon in Yaounde.

“I am very happy, overwhelmed to make my debut for Nigeria,” revealed the defender, who is on a season-long loan at English Championship side Hull City.

“This debut was even sweeter because it was on the day that we qualified for the World Cup.”

Gernot Rohr praised Ola Aina on his debut.

“We have confidence in this young player,” he remarked.

“He did very well when he came in, he’s quick, he can go forward, he is good with the head and has a good tackle.

“He was schooled by Chelsea so it’s understandable why he’s a good player.

“It’s very interesting for us going forward to have young, qualify fullbacks like Ola Aina.”

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/10/eagles-debut-more-special-with-world-cup-qualification-reveals-chelsea-loanee-ola-aina/&hl=en-NG
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria: Who is on the plane to Russia?
By Colin Udoh, KweséESPN

After being paired with Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying 'Group of Death', the Super Eagles booked their place in Russia last weekend with a game to spare.

This leaves coach Gernot Rohr with more than enough time to start thinking about his squad for Russia, and to ensure proper planning wins the day for what will be a hectic year.

So, jumping the gun ever so slightly, and barring injuries and/or major loss of form, here is what the German's travelling squad could look like if departure for the finals was tonight.

BOARDING PASSES IN HAND

John Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, Shehu Abdullahi, Moses Simon, Ogenyi Onazi, Wilfred Ndidi, Odion Ighalo, Elderson Echiejile, Shehu Abdullahi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ola Aina

These players are all but nailed on for seats on the plane.

Captain Mikel Obi is the leader and undisputed engine-room of the team. The rest of the starting XI and some subs can also be confident of having their boarding passes in hand.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa may or may not be the starting goalkeeper, but he is guaranteed a place. At the back, William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun are shoo-ins, and fullbacks Elderson Echiejile and Shehu Abdullahi have also shown enough consistency to be first-choice picks, with Ola Aina as back-up for one or both.

Joining Mikel Obi as midfield certainties would be Ogenyi Onazi and Wilfred Ndidi, while Victor Moses locks down one wide forward spot, and Moses Simon and Alex Iwobi will alternate the other.
Up-front, Odion Ighalo and a Kelechi Iheanacho will alternate the lone striker position.

AT THE CHECK-IN COUNTER

John Ogu, Ahmed Musa, Anthony Nwakaeme, Kenneth Omeruo, Dele Ajiboye, Daniel Akpeyi, Dele Alampasu, Uche Agbo, Chidozie Awaziem, Oghenekaro Etebo, Mikel Agu, Tyronne Ebuehi, Aaron Samuel

Of this group, Ahmed Musa and Kenneth Omeruo are the most likely to make the squad, mostly for their international experience. But both will need to get games under their belt between now and when that plane is scheduled to take off.
Anthony Nwakaeme and Aaron Samuel will battle for one spot as fallback to the lead striker.

Tyronne Ebuehi is additional back-up for the full-backs, but will need to make his international debut first and prove his value.

There are two spots up for grabs for the trio of John Ogu, Mikel Agu and Oghenekaro Etebo to battle over.

Uche Agbo and Chidozie Awaziem might both just get in as back-up to the centre-backs, but their relative inexperience might mean only one gets in, especially if Omeruo picks up one spot.

Dele Ajiboye, Dele Alampasu and Daniel Akpeyi also have two out of three goalkeeping positions to fight over.

WAITING FOR THEIR TICKETS

Vincent Enyeama, Alhassan Ibrahim, Afeez Aremu, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Victor Osimhen, Kayode Olanrewaju, Henry Onyekuru, Kelechi Nwakali, Musa Mohammed, Anderson Esiti, Sone Aluko, Hope Akpan

If Vincent Enyeama makes a retirement U-turn, he would automatically upgrade to a boarding pass. And that could have consequences elsewhere.

Alhassan Ibrahim is proving himself within weeks of moving to Austria from Akwa United, while Afeez Aremu and Ifeanyi Ifeanyi could well be domestic league representation, but it will be tough.

Musa Mohammed has been a Rohr favourite but he needs games and consistency; the same as Osimhen, whose youth and inexperience could count against him.

Kayode Olanrewaju and Henry Onyekuru are potential party crashers who will keep Nwakaeme and Samuel on their toes.

Anderson Esiti, despite having never been called up by Rohr, is beasting in Belgium as a defensive/central midfielder, and Kelechi Nwakali -- who is in the same boat -- is showing he has the smarts to play as a creative midfielder.

Sone Aluko and Hope Akpan are wildcards who will have to play out of their skins to even get to the training camp. Both fail Rohr's twin tests of playing in a top league and being under 25.

Let the party begin!

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3225334/nigeria-who-is-on-the-plane-to-russia?device=featurephone

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

Mikel Obi’s Girlfriend Olga Takes A Walk With Their Twin Girls In A Stroller / Anthony Joshua's ₦70m Range Rover SVAutobiography Still Missing 11 Months After / EPL: Ronaldo Told To Leave Man Utd, Form ‘formidable Partnership’ At New Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.