Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader (9951 Views)

A 73 Years Old Man Walking In A Snow Without Cardigan (photo) / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Shagari 90 Years.........buhari 73 Years.....who Looks Younger And Healthier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by peacettw: 2:52am On Mar 06, 2010
@poster Something tells me that all that accolade was deliberately done to incite nairalanders to vet their insults on this man who has done more harm than good to our great country. Be it as it may, I will forever be grateful to the man for the resurrection and sustenance of the Telecommmunications industry in this country, without which we would not be here today. Happy Birthday.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Robotnik: 3:32am On Mar 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

Obasanjo -a rare leader indeed. He had rare strategies for looting: he empowered criminals who loot for him! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry

ONIBON, who did better than OBJ? nobody. Even if I hate him which I don't, at least we saw tangible things he did, from GSM bla bla bla, banks were employing ppl during his regime and not laying off peeps, he travelled to each state to commission projects his regime supported like Tinapa and new lagos airport, what has your cousin done? aka Umoru Yara'dull.

My 2 cents!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by mcro: 4:58am On Mar 06, 2010
May you live long to do Second term ( and also 3rd Term) in prison. May it be soon enough so that u will be served by Bode George. May you live to witness a renaissance Nigeria where mediocrities that your lots have encouraged will give way to qualities and excellence.
And finally, may you really llive long for Nemesis to catch up on you. And may Nigeria never be so unfortunate again to have your kinds as a ruler(despot)
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Str8talk: 5:16am On Mar 06, 2010
1. Obasanjo did not start the GSM project/other telecomms programmes. It was concieved during Abacha's era. The first EVC of NCC was not appointed by Obj
Meanwhile Obj and El Rufai ruined Nitel with their ill-advised and controversial placement of Nitel under Pentascope's management. When questions were asked, El Rufai, as usual, dismissed it, saying people were ignorant
2. Obj governed during a boom, not a recession. It would be like saying that Bush or Hitler did nit lay people off while Obama and Angela Merkel laid people off. Yet the seeds of current layoffs were sown during Obj's era
3. Obj is not better than Murtala or Idiagbon/Murtala
4. How did we come about Yaradua? Was it not Obj who identified, vetted, packaged and imposed him on us. Why should we praise Obj for setting a trap for us while other candidates who showed interest in the presidency were simply frustrated
5. Obj  (when questions were raised about Yaradua's health) said that those people making the comments were wicked as they could die before Yaradua. I agree - those critics could (and some would have) die before Yaradua, but would Obj have taken such a stand if it was a recruitment into Obj Farms that was being discussed
6. That reminds me - Obj confessed that Uba told him that he rigged Ngige into office. Now Obj (who claims to be ready to do anything to defend the constitution) simply asked him to leave his office. I am not sure that if you got a job with Obj Farms with a fake certificate, you would simply be asked to leave Obj's office and continue with your work

We simply praise Obj for privatisation in 1999 - 2007. But he was nationalising in the 70s. How many of those earlier presidents had the opportunity to come back? And Obj did and even want to do so for ever. Yet he had hyprocritically cricised Gowon for trying to contest for the presidency during the IBB transition programme
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by EzeUche(m): 5:19am On Mar 06, 2010
This thread is trash! angry

I may joke around a lot, but when I see threads like this giving praise to a thief, I can't help but get angry at Nigeria. Why do we give praise to leaders such as these? I rather be honoring the likes of Chinua Achebe or Wole Soyinka then this buffoon.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Wrex(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2010
This guy doesn't know his age jooooo, Obasanjo should be like 95,
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Robotnik: 8:11am On Mar 06, 2010
Str8talk:

1. Obasanjo did not start the GSM project/other telecomms programmes. It was concieved during Abacha's era. The first EVC of NCC was not appointed by Obj
Meanwhile Obj and El Rufai ruined Nitel with their ill-advised and controversial placement of Nitel under Pentascope's management. When questions were asked, El Rufai, as usual, dismissed it, saying people were ignorant
2. Obj governed during a boom, not a recession. It would be like saying that Bush or Hitler did nit lay people off while Obama and Angela Merkel laid people off. Yet the seeds of current layoffs were sown during Obj's era
3. Obj is not better than Murtala or Idiagbon/Murtala
4. How did we come about Yaradua? Was it not Obj who identified, vetted, packaged and imposed him on us. Why should we praise Obj for setting a trap for us while other candidates who showed interest in the presidency were simply frustrated
5. Obj  (when questions were raised about Yaradua's health) said that those people making the comments were wicked as they could die before Yaradua. I agree - those critics could (and some would have) die before Yaradua, but would Obj have taken such a stand if it was a recruitment into Obj Farms that was being discussed
6. That reminds me - Obj confessed that Uba told him that he rigged Ngige into office. Now Obj (who claims to be ready to do anything to defend the constitution) simply asked him to leave his office. I am not sure that if you got a job with Obj Farms with a fake certificate, you would simply be asked to leave Obj's office and continue with your work

We simply praise Obj for privatisation in 1999 - 2007. But he was nationalising in the 70s. How many of those earlier presidents had the opportunity to come back? And Obj did and even want to do so for ever. Yet he had hyprocritically cricised Gowon for trying to contest for the presidency during the IBB transition programme

so you are trying to defend Abacha, why can't you say Abacha started GSM, you guys just dont want to give this guy (obj) his credit.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by rickie4us(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2010
Wrex:

This guy doesn't know his age jooooo, Obasanjo should be like 95,

is he is 95, then it is a great compliment for his looks and his strength
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by rasputinn(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2010
His failures not withstanding,I'd say a happy birthday to baba Iyabo,he's still strong for a 73 yr old.I watched the video clips where he cut about 5 large birthday cakes  cheesy cheesy
OBJ will not be outdone
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Obeledu: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2010
OBJ performed average in the following area

-----Management of economy during his first term

-----Fighting of corruption, even though it was selective but he performed

-----Privatisation of refineries, i just dont know why Yaradua has to reverse those decision, by now i dont think we will be having this fuel problem

-----Then off course Telecommunication.

But he messed up his achievment in the following:

-----Imposition of candidates on the electorate.

-----His unwarrented interferance in Anambra politics

-----Failure in power sector

-----His problem with the then vice president

-----Third term ambition

-----No respect for jurdiciary

Neverthless i wish him happy birthday
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by tranxamadi(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2010
Nothing so special about it anyway,the only thing is that you made it alive coz you successor is as well as dead on that pressure laden sit.So for surviving i would say birthday forget about the happy coz some people should be made happy by you but you failed them.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by emmydee(m): 9:15am On Mar 06, 2010
U dont say 'happy birthday' in every birthday.
Just like in this case!
Some people are practically living beyond their time
Thats unfair.
Die, die, die, die now ooooooooooooooo!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by messiah(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2010
Happy birthday to the self-styled Father of Modern Nigeria!
But out of curiosity, does anyone really know his real age? Even the not-so-realiable-yet-official Wikipedia puts circa before his "date of birth." If he's really 73, then he sure doesn't look like it! More like an octogenarian!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Str8talk: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2010
@Robotnik
so you are trying to defend Abacha, why can't you say Abacha started GSM, you guys just dont want to give this guy (obj) his credit

I stated a FACT. It happened to have portrayed Abacha in good light. But it is a fact. Of course, Abacha wanted to corner th licences.
However, I don't like comparing Abacha to Obj. One was a military leader, the other a civilian who wnet around talking about corruption, sit-tight despots, the need to battle poverty etc

So what is it that we should give Obj credit for
He had monumental opportunities and wasted it.
Go and read the NEEDS document prepared by Obj govt
Use that to do your performance appraisal of his administration
8 years, not 1 litre increase in refining capacity

Did you notice that it took Obj two air crashes for him to dig up a memo that had been written to him about the aviation section problems 1 year earlier
Obj did not know the price of petrol and kerosene, yet he never let go the petroleum ministry
This is the same Obj who said that although he agrees with the definition of poverty as living on less than $1 per day, there is no Nigerian who does not have enough food to eat from his farm. Farm - in Ajegunle, Mushin, Lugbe? etc

He once went to either Akwa Ibom or Cross River and jumped out of his vehicle to interview a boy who stood by the side of the road to see him
The boy, of around 13, did not respond to Obj's questions.
Upon inquiry, the mother told Obj that the boy did not speak English because he did not go to school due to poverty
Obj was surprised that such people existed in Nigeria
So how does such a leader assess impact of policies on people before acting
He inflicts pain on people without caring

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100306311925
Here is he talking hypocritically about people appropriating power
But he ruled for close to 12 years and wanted to continue extending it

One of the poorest Nigerians in 1999, now one of the richest
By how much has the fortune of the average Nigerian improved?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by ohisng(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2010
Happy Birthday to the OLD fart machine who is hell bent on impregnating all his daughter-in-laws! Which of them is next?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by biina: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2010
@OP
Rare leader? undecided corrupt leaders boku yanfu yanfu for naija! rare ko,well done ni! angry
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nescoemmy(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2010
happy birthday though,but he is more of a cheat than a leader let alone being a rare leader.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nescoemmy(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2010
o! now i get it, leaders are good people but perhaps corrupt leaders are rare, no wonder he is a rare leader.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2010
Happy Birthday Baba. U did try ur best when u were in power. You could av done more but ehh u did well.
many happy returns.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Jaytee67(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2010
Happy Birthday Baba. You did your best for nigeria whether appreciated or not. Though you have lot of shortcomings indeed, one can boldly say, sentiment apart, no past or present nigerian leader have matched your records. Once again, Happy Birthday Sir!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Mar 06, 2010
Jaytee67:

Happy Birthday Baba. You did your best for nigeria whether appreciated or not. Though you have lot of shortcomings indeed, one can boldly say, sentiment apart, no past or present nigerian leader have matched your records. Once again, Happy Birthday Sir!

I agree with u jaytee. Once again Happy Birthday BABA
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2010
How can OBJ be 73 yrs, OBJ is 85 yrs, he just want to be relevant in the government, and enjoying small girls
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by igboboy1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
Ugly Baboon
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by splashbaby(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Na someone's papa you dey talk to like this oh

hmmm 9ja! "A dancing thief as some one father"
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by idifu(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2010
i don't care if he is dead or alive. he is part of the problems of this country
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by mimiiii: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2010
obj pls tell dat ur 73 yrs to d marine,u dis old goat, u r above 90 man, u lie alot dats d problm l hv wit u, mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Realpoint(m): 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2010
idifu:

i don't care if he is dead or alive. he is part of the problems of this country

You have said the truth but I hope Nigerians will accept this fact.

Nescoemmy:

o! now i get it, leaders are good people but perhaps corrupt leaders are rare, no wonder he is a rare leader.

I love this my brother!!!

@Str8talk,

Good work and well done sir.

@Robotnik,

Haven't you realised that Yar Adua was imposed on us so that people will belief and take Obj as our savior?

As for me for this man in question is part of our problems so we don't have a rare and genuine leader yet in Nigeria.

Never believe that everything that Abacha did was bad as well as OBJ but they are all part of our problems. shocked cry
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Shoot2Kill: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2010
Obasanjo may you die a horrible death and may your children die before you, you son of a bxtch. Nemesis is near ,all of you who have destroyed and made it the worst country in the world will surely perish in the hail of bullets. My father opposed your presidency even though he died 3 days before you were inaugurated. My father knew you were a corrupt military man loyal to your northern pals. You promised to rule Nigeria but did an about turn when you became president and disgraced the Yoruba tribe. You are a wanted man in my eyes and i will take your life whenever i get the chance to do so without any remorse or apolgoy.Shoot2Kill says so and so shall it be.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by ib612(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

May your life be long.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by osodstarz(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2010
I wnt blame any1 4 acusin him bt dat proves no 1 wil eva serve nigeria 2 d veri best
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Spyker: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
This man said he has seem 73 Christmases and New years which of cause i doubt. For once, Obasanjo should stop celebrating brithday because it is his likes that has made footballers use fake age and our women/ladies/girls never want to tell the truth about their age.

At Old age, he is still celebrating birthday with fake age, if not that Nigerians have already deviced a way of bypassing MRI scan test, i would have subjected OBJ to that test (if i have my way) to prove to the world and indeed Nigerians that this man is lying. 73 years my foot.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Topsido(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
Happy birthday to my man, UNCLE SEGE.
Whatever the enemies say, you are the best!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Trial Adjourned / Breaking: Court Grants Efcc’s Request To Try Metuh In Absentia. / Nnamdi Kanu: Igbo Lawmakers To Intervene, Meet FG Over Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.