Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader (9950 Views)

A 73 Years Old Man Walking In A Snow Without Cardigan (photo) / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Shagari 90 Years.........buhari 73 Years.....who Looks Younger And Healthier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Realpoint(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2010
Topsido:

Happy birthday to my man, UNCLE SEGE.
Whatever the enemies say, you are the best!

What a real uncle!!! sad sad sad
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by calyx: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
Great Guy
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by annyplenty(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2010
KOSOVO,

please remove the "president" you put in front of Obasanjo's name in the front page title because he is not the president. You can either call him chief Obasanjo or Mr Obasanjo or former president.

anyway, happy birthday to OBJ.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by redsun(m): 5:42pm On Mar 06, 2010
Nigerians can easily rank the most immoral people on earth,for having the audacity to praise,acknowledge,accommodate and commend thieves and mass murderers like obasanjo.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by sweet9ja: 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2010
Happy birthday Uncle Sege.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by boyt1: 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2010
kayci_d77:

How can OBJ be 73 yrs, OBJ is 85 yrs, he just want to be relevant in the government, and enjoying small girls
You're right, the wayo old man is 85years, not less.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
I am aware of the evil deeds of that Man when he was in office, but let me ask you one question do you expect Obasanjo to be a morally frank in a highly corrupt system,

He did one thing for me, Obj balanced power btw the North and the south, now presidency is not the birth right of some idiots who think from their anus

Policy making and implementation he is the best,

Looting: He is 2nd to Abacha, stole more than IBB ---  He used a more enlighten way to loot, not the redhot  

greedy stealing the Khaki boys did<< even at this IBB never stole more than him.

Economy resuscitation even when looting is heavily in progress, he is the best

Who gave the Niger delta a voice , that is what an average northerner won't do for us, but OBj did that, cause he knew once leave oppression will continue,

And many more, I think he is the best,

I choose to spend all my day talking with Obasanjo a man of rare greatness than a freemasonry(god of fame & money) seasoned politician like Obama, wetin I go ask am sef, Obj not clean either!!! But his destiny isn't influenced by any god, but GOD,

those who feel he is not one of them, confirm ++++++www.fremasonrywatch.org

Happy Birthday Daddy
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by PastorOla1: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2010
just to wish baba obj well @ 73 . i pray 4 better days ahed of him. ijn amen
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Ubiman(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
Today, they call him a monkey and a kleptomaniac, tomorrow, he is immortalised as a national hero. When he was oppressing you all you rained abuses and curses on him, now you are wishing him a happy birthday. BLOODY CIVILIANS! a soldier would call such ones. When will you all wake up and take the fight to them greedy politicians and political office holders. Have forgotten so soon that he stole over 480 billion as he was accused of? Or how he publicly rained abuses on anyone who dared question his moves including state governors during his regime? and other multitudinous crimes to numerous to mention on this forum? Or how he intentionally refused to pity the plight of teachers by endorsing and making sure the receive their hard-earned salaries? No wonder them politicians trample on you and embezzle your hard-earned money because they know no one will question them for doing so.

Some people just suck.  angry angry
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by iz2much: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2010
okay
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by victorazy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2010
Baba i dey heil ooohh!!!! we're wishing you many more years to come cuz ur one of the leaders this nation will not easily 4get. Pls, wat ever u do, don't 4get where u came 4m cuz "blood is thicker than water" reserve their lives and don't let the humans send them to extinction (Happy Birthday).
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by chrix(m): 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2010
KunleOshob i hope i spelt ryte wat exactly are praising OBJ 4? maybe dere is a difrent nigeria some where that u belong to becos obj didnt do any fing plz dnt let me say it is ppl lke u that are ruining this country if it is black then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz call it black.
Personaly i wish he dies of TB rhe same cough he's been pretending to have all his life F*** OBJ sad sad sad sad
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2010
moronic idiots, praising the man who put you in hardship and your future generations.
Does not deserve an ounce of praise.

To praise this man is similar to praising an armed robber who robbed people and caused carnage in the road , for clearing the road of debris after robbery so that he drive may drive away in a getaway car without obstruction.

Any thing OBJ done was not for the interests  of Nigerian, he only did a microscopic amount of things that would benefit him directly.

Shame on all you mumus praising your oppressor!!! angry

You are so stupid you deserve him to be your leader. FOOLs!! angry
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by cap28: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2010
GenBuhari:

moronic idiots, praising the man who put you in hardship and your future generations.
Does not deserve an ounce of praise.

To praise this man is similar to praising an armed robber who robbed people and caused carnage in the road , for clearing the road of debris after robbery so that he drive may drive away in a getaway car without obstruction.

Any thing OBJ done was not for the interests  of Nigerian, he only did a microscopic amount of things that would benefit him directly.

Shame on all you mumus praising your oppressor!!! angry

You are so silly you deserve him to be your leader. FOOLs!! angry

dont mind them, they deserve these armed robbers and thugs who call themselves their leaders, here is a man who tried to perpetuate himself in power  as a life president in order to continue with his looting and pillage of the national treasury and these i.d.i.o.t.s are here singing praises to him.  a man who ran the country on behalf of the IMF and world bank not on behalf of his own people, a man who felt nothing wrong with agreeing with america to privatise the entire public sector and increase mass unemployment and poverty.  a man who even agreed that nigeria's population should be cut down through various insidious methods in accordance with instructions from the world health organisation so that its vast population would not be harnessed for the economic development of the country but "thinned down" so that we as the most populous nation in africa would never pose a threat to america in terms of economic development - this is the man they praise.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by eros(m): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hmmmm, count down to the grave. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by omar22(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2010
Is he the president?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by marabout(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
Anyways, there is always cause to celebrate birthday. But a relative who died some days ago in his 40s  will obviously never celebrate his 73rd birthday.

Poor healthcare system made sure he didn't stand a chance. Even tribal affiliations should not be a reason to celebrate mediocrity and lootocracy. If we still haven't got beyond praising "our own" irrespective of their poor record in office and politics generally, then we're doomed.

OBJ is very smart. He has clearly achieved what he wanted when he handpicked Yar'Adua (possibly also to compensate Yar'Adua family for the death of Shehu his former fellow junta). Because of OBJ's brutish nature, people tend to unserestimate that he's one calculating, quite often mischievious and unforgiving guy.

He knew that such a person with little political clout, exposure and not particularly savvy would be caught in the middle of the myriads of personal interests, intrigues and agendas of the Nigerian elite (including OBJ himself) and will end up achieving nothing in office. Any savvy leader would not sincerely believe that he could go and spend months abroad incommunicado just because he did same as a governor of a rather inconsequential state (safe for producing several anti-democracy military junta) like Katsina.

On the other hand, he might have been in coma all along. Maybe OBJ got wind that he was comatose and declared that Yar'Adua should take the path of honour. Talk of honour among thieves.

The result: everybody will be hailing OBJ as having done better than other leaders before him. That's just what some NLers are doing now.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2010
Thank you Cap28.

Do you know that when he dies, all those billions he has banked in foriegn bank accounts will be lost for ever?

This guy has held the country down for the last 35years or so he has been responsible for putting us back at least 50years!

He cleared the way for clueless and very corrupt Shagari to take pwer in the 70's

I strongly suspect he was involved (together with western governments) in sponsoring IBB to overthrow the great General Buhari's Regime, who was genuinely fighting corruption at the time, for fear that he may be arrested for embezzlement.

After IBB destroyed Nigeria and left with his loot, it was IBB who installed OBJ back into power in 1999.

He then looted the country for a further 8years during boom times and failed to progress the country, looting billions in the process.

He even had an opportunity to undo his evil deed in 2007 by allowing Gen Buhari, to be freely elected, but  he rigged the election to install the corrupt and sickly Yara Dua .

Then all these moronic imbeciles are coming on here to praise him and wish him  happy birthday?

WAKE UP YoU FOOLS!  This man has placed us  in you present conditions and mortgaged the future of our generations to come!

cap28:

dont mind them, they deserve these armed robbers and thugs who call themselves their leaders, here is a man who tried to perpetuate himself in power  as a life president in order to continue with his looting and pillage of the national treasury and these i.d.i.o.t.s are here singing praises to him.  a man who ran the country on behalf of the IMF and world bank not on behalf of his own people, a man who felt nothing wrong with agreeing with america to privatise the entire public sector and increase mass unemployment and poverty.  a man who even agreed that nigeria's population should be cut down through various insidious methods in accordance with instructions from the world health organisation so that its vast population would not be harnessed for the economic development of the country but "thinned down" so that we as the most populous nation in africa would never pose a threat to america in terms of economic development - this is the man they praise.  

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by cap28: 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2010
Ranks007:

I am aware of the evil deeds of that Man when he was in office, but let me ask you one question do you expect Obasanjo to be a morally frank in a highly corrupt system,

oh i get it - if you cant beat them then just join them, then why do  you complain when you cant feed your family courtesy of these animals, why do you complain when your children receive a substandard education because of IMF policies that stipulate cuts in public spending which Obasanjo agreed to sign up to when he was president.

He did one thing for me, Obj balanced power btw the North and the south, now presidency is not the birth right of some idiots who think from their anus

power shouldnt be "balanced" between the north and the south but put in the hands of the most capable leader who has the interests  of the masses at heart

Policy making and implementation he is the best,

really? do you mean policies like mass privatisation of the public sector which caused mass unemployment and a rise in the cost of living for the average nigerian, or do you mean removal of trade tarrifs on nigerian imports causing the collapse of local businesses and the flooding of nigerian markets with imported goods - what exactly are these policies that benefitted the average nigerian?  the problem with many nigerians is that we are S.T.U.P.I.D AND IGNORANT - please open your eyes - this man has made our country a SLAVE of BRITAIN and AMERICA i would strongly advise you to read this article by a nigerian economist Professor Sam Aluko - here is an excerpt:

"Yet, it is admitted, even by all the President’s economic
team, that these “macro reforms,” which have made Nigeria
a slave to the British-directed globalization free-trade empire,
have had no measurable effect on improving the miserable
conditions of life for over 100 million Nigerians, who somehow
manage to exist on $1 to $2 a day".

"To receive the Good Housekeeping seal of approval from
the IMF, and favorable credit ratings from both the Fitch and
the Standard & Poor rating agencies, during the Obasanjo
Presidency, Nigeria forked over $12.4 billion in lump-sum
payments to the banks as part of a write-off its debt to the
Paris Club, and agreed to the privatization of 116 enterprises,
and deregulation of its telecommunications, power, and
downstream petroleum sectors. Nigeria also agreed to a new
set of IMF conditionalities and IMF surveillance in order to
receive support from the international financial community.

"Aluko shows that these reforms are not only in violation
of the Nigerian Constitution, but inimical to the welfare of
the majority of its citizens"

do these sound like the actions of a leader who gave a Zap about his own people?

Looting: He is 2nd to Abacha, stole more than IBB ---  He used a more enlighten way to loot, not the redhot  
greedy stealing the Khaki boys did<< even at this IBB never stole more than him.

You deserve to live in penury because you do not reason properly

Economy resuscitation even when looting is heavily in progress, he is the best

carry on licking your slave masters boots - you dont deserve anything better

Who gave the Niger delta a voice , that is what an average northerner won't do for us, but OBj did that, cause he knew once leave oppression will continue,

which voice is that? Does Jonathan represent anything different - wasnt his wife indicted on money laundering charges?

And many more, I think he is the best

as i said above you deserve to be living in bondage as you are a slave

I choose to spend all my day talking with Obasanjo a man of rare greatness than a freemasonry(god of fame & money) seasoned politician like Obama, wetin I go ask am sef, Obj not clean either!!! But his destiny isn't influenced by any god, but GOD,

for your information Obasanjo is a CIA operative working on behalf of Obama and his cohorts so keep deceiving yourself  

http://www.saharareporters.com/reports/exclusive/2324-general-obasanjo-more-than-just-a-qfriendq-of-the-americans.html?showall=1

https://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/2007/2007_10-19/2007_10-19/2007-14/pdf/28-32_714_nigeria.pdf
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by cap28: 11:56pm On Mar 06, 2010
GenBuhari:

Thank you Cap28.

Do you know that when he dies, all those billions he has banked in foriegn bank accounts will be lost for ever?

This guy has held the country down for the last 35years or so he has been responsible for putting us back at least 50years!

He cleared the way for clueless and very corrupt Shagari to take pwer in the 70's

I strongly suspect he was involved (together with western governments) in sponsoring IBB to overthrow the great General Buhari's Regime, who was genuinely fighting corruption at the time, for fear that he may be arrested for embezzlement.

After IBB destroyed Nigeria and left with his loot, it was IBB who installed OBJ back into power in 1999.

He then looted the country for a further 8years during boom times and failed to progress the country, looting billions in the process.

He even had an opportunity to undo his evil deed in 2007 by allowing Gen Buhari, to be freely elected, but  he rigged the election to install the corrupt and sickly Yara Dua .

Then all these moronic imbeciles are coming on here to praise him and wish him  happy birthday?

WAKE UP YoU FOOLS!  This man has placed us  in you present conditions and mortgaged the future of our generations to come!

You are welcome Gen Buhari - yes if he's put his loot in Swiss banks - im inclined to agree with you.  we are finished as a nation - we simply havent got the balls to fight for change - how can anyone in their right mind  wish this man anything good after how he sold us lock stock and barrell to the americans and british via IMF and world bank economic policies - hell fire till eternity is too good and comfortable a  place  for this b.a.s.t.a.r.d.

there is a lot of info on this animal that is currently classified in the american national archives which implicates him in the overthrow of murtala mohammed, i therefore would not be suprised if he was also involved in buhari's overthrow - this man is a first class saboteur with no morality or integrity - i would say that he exhibits the character traits of a psychopath:  manipulative and deceitful, superficial charm, over inflated ego, pathological liar, cunning, inability to show remorse or guilt , callous nature and inability to show empathy. I have researched into his background and ive found that he hob nobs with some of the most powerful members of the american political establishment, he has been instrumental in the destruction of our economy.  Dont you find it weird how he handed over to a sick and incapable Yaradua - if anyone doubts that this was a preconceived plan by him they are living on another planet - this man was intent on making hiimself a life president but when he found out that he had been rumbled by the nigerian electorate he chose to hand over to a man who he knew was ill - who he knew would not last one term due to his ill health - as i said hell fire till eternity is too good a place for this old b.a.s.t.a.r.d.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by mubaraqqq(f): 12:37am On Mar 07, 2010
Nigerians deserve the leaders they get.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by demla: 2:23am On Mar 07, 2010
happy birthday baba iyabo .God will judge us according to our works on earth.God has been faithful to u, have u been faithful to him. Baba iyabo search urself.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Gentlebabs(m): 6:53am On Mar 07, 2010
Plus & Minus Happy birthday to a legend!!!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by mafifle: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2010
the best wish is for him to reap the fruit of His labour.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2010
I can guess   what is happening here, these morons praising OBJ are his relatives and friends who have probably gotten some of his loot.

Many have only made a few posts on NL and may be using their duplicate accounts to posts in order to make it seem there is more support for him. shocked

The day OBJ (and IBB) leave Nigeria would be the day we have a chance of beginning to make progress
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by BidzaMoyo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
Happy birthday Sir.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by iJAY1: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
I thought it's only in the US that a former presido is yet referred to as president. Bluetooth e be lik say u b obj last pikin!!! Anyway, obj na powerful guy. After all who go fit rule a country indirectly from the farm. Happy birthday my nigga. A bag of agbada for u.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by bidemi12(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
May he and his entire family who he fraudulently enriched with our resource ROT in hell for ever more. Best president indeed. Whoever wrote that must be a slowpoke and should be shot along with the "best president".
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by newdeal(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2010
I think OBJ is one of the very few lucky Nigerians, in other climes, leaders like him will be cooling their heels somewhere answering some serious questions!

Anyhow, Happy Birthday Oga OBJ!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by adconline(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2010
OBJ is a missed opportunity. In life, rarely do you find folks who are this lucky, but OBJ wasted it and sunk Nigeria into a bottomless hole. What would he be remembered for? , Yar'dua ,election malpractice, Odii, Ikeja Cantonment explosion, Bola Ige and NEPA, sleeping with his daughter in-law? The point is that he had all the power and respect to change some of these ills, but  he joined the same cartel that has made Nigeria hell. I listened to Fela  yesterday calling  him out how he handled  elections, and how the economy was looted in 1979 and it seems that nothing has changed.You would  think that  Fela made that song in 2007.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Ayemokhia: 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
U sure say that man know he real age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Is The Hand Of God – Gov. Okorocha / APC Denies Applauding Wike's Achievements In Rivers. / Omoyele Sowore And Dr. Rabiu Ahmed Rufai At Sokoto Rally. #thealternative (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.