Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,350 members, 7,971,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:14 AM

Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (28810 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / 377 Cooperatives In Edo To Benefit From CBN N143m Intervention Fund / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by emekagh(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
violent:

Ooops! my bad, i guess i was too mad at the fact that anything ''human'' was associated with those things in the first place.

Your article is really nice tho

Thanks Violent, such little 'trickery' is part of good poems.
Glad we are on the same page, humans don't massacre hapless babies, that's demonic.

Take care!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by favouredjb(f): 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
God!! my hand s are trembling as am trying to type,
wat is happening in this socalled nation called naija?really,like some1 wrote earlier my enthusiasm abt dis one naigeria thingy is waning fast!
i weep for the souls of the innocent chilren and women killed in this cold blooded massacre,muslims when will u get it into ur head dt u cant dominate d world?Men be careful,cos this is abraham's mistake!if only he didnt sleep with dt maid,

Those saying it doesnt av a religious undertone needs to av der heads examined.

@ode remo,aw far omo ilu me?

@davidylan,ur usage of sarcasm is unrivalled,i like ur position on this issue.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by udennaa: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
EVIL MEN,LEGION OF DEMONS,SONS OF BELIAL,BLOOD-SUCKERS!THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN,WHAT THEY KNOW BEST.D GREATEST MISTAKE OF D GEOGRAPHICAL ENTITY NIGERIA IS BRINGING TOGETHER HUMANS N ANIMALS(VAMPIRES).
ISLAM IS EVIL N D MOSLEM god IS DEVIL HIMSELF.D EARLIER NIGERIANS N OUR XTIAN BROTHERS IN THE NORTH REALIZED WE CAN NO LONGER TOLERATE,CO-HABIT WIT D DESTROYERS N RISE TO D CHALLENGES,D BETTER FOR US.ENOUGH OF THEIR INCESSANT KILLINGS,A STOP MUST BE PUT TO D NONSENSE.GBAM!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayinba1(f): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
I heard the news on NPR this morning on my way to work. It is indeed sad that this is a vicious cycle that continues to repeat itself. Not too long ago, this happened in Jos, again it is happening.

Unfortunately, the type of responses seen from most of the posters on this forum gives very little hope that this would not happen again.

Until the "leaders" actually lead, this may never end. It is really sad as there is no value to human lives in this scenario.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
ayinba1:

I heard the news on NPR this morning on my way to work. It is indeed sad that this is a vicious cycle that continues to repeat itself. Not too long ago, this happened in Jos, again it is happening.

Unfortunately, the type of responses seen from most of the posters on this forum gives very little hope that this would not happen again.

Until the "leaders" actually lead, this may never end. It is really sad as there is no value to human lives in this scenario.

What kinda statement would u have expected.

That is well said
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by SwtzMinx(f): 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
.hmm. . .i guess 9jaz g0n split s0on. . .everything that has a beginning wil surely hv an EnD. . .d end of dz c0untry 'NIGERIA' draweth nigh. .
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
SwtzMinx:

.hmm. . .i guess 9jaz g0n split s0on. . .everything that has a beginning wil surely hv an EnD. . .d end of dz c0untry 'NIGERIA' draweth nigh. .

Food for thot
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by chosen04(f): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
I thut normal grave is supposed to be 6ft. Why are this guys burying their kinsmen in a shallow graves like these. It is lack of respect for the dead. I cant they identify them and have their names tombed on the grave or else way?

^^^ I cry for the wicked ways these people were killed.
^^^I also cry for the wicked way(S) they were buried.
^^^May i not cry for the way the killers will be left of the hook.

*****Tears rolling down*********
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by chosen04(f): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
ayinba1:

Until the "leaders" actually lead, this may never end. It is really sad as there is no value to human lives in this scenari

Just this morning? Then u must be 36 hours behinde reality.
Wake up sister!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by SeXyBoNE: 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
Sodom and Gomorha
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
chosen04:

I thut normal grave is supposed to be 6ft. Why are this guys burying their kinsmen in a shallow graves like these. It is lack of respect for the dead. I cant they identify them and have their names tombed on the grave or else way?

^^^ I cry for the wicked ways these people were killed.
^^^I also cry for the wicked way(S) they were buried.
^^^May i not cry for the way the killers will be left of the hook.

*****Tears rolling down*********

Amen
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 9jii(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
hey others go to hell.KAFIRUN
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gunshots heard in violence-wracked Nigerian town
Posted: 3/9/2010
JOS, Nigeria (AP) — Sustained automatic weapons fire can be heard in the Nigerian town where recent fighting between Christians and Muslims has left more than 200 people dead.

Police and military forces have been mobilizing in areas around the city of Jos, and a dusk-til-dawn curfew began Tuesday night.

The U.S. government and human rights activists called Tuesday for Nigeria to investigate and prosecute those responsible for the deaths of more than 200 unarmed people in renewed violence between Christians and Muslims.

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan had promised that the fighting would stop after more than 300 people were slain in January.

http://www.9and10news.com/Category/Story/?id=211953&cID=4
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayinba1(f): 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2010
@chosen

Thank you!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ajalio(f): 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
angry angry angry sad sad sad

Bravo!! Congratulation!! Well done!!
You surpass yourselves once more.
It is astonishing with which exactness you people serve once again the prejudices
of the uneducated, silly, still living in the Stone Age, blacks. Is this role written on
your body, or what? Or does somebody stand in your birth beside the cradle and say
"Always keep your trap shut and never rebel in your life!"?
Mehn, you have to wake up finally.

The barbarian slaughters of the last months in Jos are cruel, disdain-worthy and
by nothing to excuse. Just as all the other occurences, if it was the Biafra war or if it were
the cruel robberies and and and. The list is endlessly.
Every time you rush at these occurences like the bees on the honey, take them to occasion
to insult each other on the worst, to offend and to threaten instead of denouncing the culprits
for it.
Who has then the power and before all things the duty to avenge these barbarities
and to prevent future barbarities? Who cares then a Poo mud about your life, no matter
if in the south, north, middle belt or where also ever?

While you rush with nice regularity on these things, the government laughs up her sleeve.
Why does the government not intervene then? For what also? As long as you have only
eyes for these things, in the interim the government can make, what she
wants. You hang like puppets on the threads which the government moves. And you do
not note it.

You are strong and also proud if it is a matter of defending your origin, your tribe and
the ideals linked with it. Pride is nothing bad, however, sometimes it prevents progress
or approach. Nairaland is surely not prestigiously for Nigeria, however, I believe just the
anonymity here, lets a lot of people speaking what they really think.
We all can see with how much energy and hardness is fought here often verbally.
This energy and hardness united once used in the aspiration to make Nigeria for everybody
equally successful and worth living - a victory would be sure.
However, if it depends on it, you have all mouth and no trousers.

There is simply no communal thinking for one Nigeria.
Certainly, the independence of Nigeria was chosen quite unhappily.
A compulsive marriage which bride and bridegroom and all relations actually did not want.
The British colonialists knew this only too well and I am sure Nigeria it also knew.
However, instead of saying "you want to see us failing? Forget it!", Nigeria has this certainty
in the heads of the colonialists, up to now confirmed excellently.This should be no reproach
but a simple statement.

One thing just occurs to me which, nevertheless, almost all Nigerians have in common.
These are the never ending beets and hope that God, Allah or however you call him,
may help you. But maybe you have forgotten that God has blest Nigeria already richly
and presents with unbelievable mineral resources, fertile ground, a wonderful scenery and
all which can be wished for a more than happy life. Maybe God still waits that you use these
presents in a manner which pleases him.

Some say, they wish that the Americans would come. Honestly that would be the last
what you should wish. They rub themselves already since a long time the hands with the
thought to march in in Nigeria. However, for what? To bring rest and order? Don't make
me laugh!

The of so many appealed electoral reforms are surely right
and also necessary. But this is not enough. At last everything depends of the voters and the whole
Nigerian people.  Already now and not only in the election day in 2011. What should
make the politicians to think that the Nigerian people does not tolerate their machination
of the last decades this time any more if it does not put loudly and clearly exact demands?
The power and strength for it exists definitely. Once pushed they would get the ball rolling.
The demonstration of the Save Nigeria Group was a good beginning, even if only a few
have taken part in it if one thinks that Lagos is a 15 million Mega City. But it would have
to grow, grow fast, and become louder. And also tomorrow it will be the same as last time.

As I said already "All mouth and no trousers".
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by kpofkpof: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
frosbel
infact i now believe you are in jos, we are all outside right now, the shootings started at about 8.45 with sirens all over.

i am sick and tired of it all.!!!!
but i just got a call that a truck came into the town during curfew hours and the youths on guard demanded to see the contents but soldiers refused and started shooting at them.

there is this txt msg bng circulated around that they have loaded fulani warriors from maiduguri to jos for jihad.

so pls lets all be careful as there is high tension everywhere, the youths here have sworn to keep watch till day break!!!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
kpofkpof:

frosbel
infact i now believe you are in jos, we are all outside right now, the shootings started at about 8.45 with sirens all over.

i am sick and tired of it all.!!!!
but i just got a call that a truck came into the town during curfew hours and the youths on guard demanded to see the contents but soldiers refused and started shooting at them.

there is this txt msg bng circulated around that they have loaded fulani warriors from maiduguri to jos for jihad.

so pls lets all be careful as there is high tension everywhere, the youths here have sworn to keep watch till day break!!!

I am not in Jos ooo, lol  grin grin grin grin

For some reason we get to hear news here in the UK very fast aka those western media bbc, ap news etc waiting for something bad to happen so they can report it.

But on a more serious note please do be careful and read Pslam 37 and pray. God is able.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by obumselu: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
are the secondary students in jos going to write  a special Jamb and ssce? skoling has being pathetic here. not to talk about the pupils who stay at home.
may problem mostly is with the army we have around. they cannot be trusted. we have 6 to 6 curfew where did they came from to attack.
in katako close to the seminary, a man was killed 30 meters away from an army check point and some other injured. how do we explain this.
the the armed forces we cannot sleep in jos. we are taking our security in our hands.

the FG are only good in theories. we need foreign aid to calm the situation. NIGERIAN ARMY HAS FAILED US.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Bunch of animals. It will never better for Nigerian leaders that let this situation escalate like this. If those fanatic blood hungry muslims were initially put in their place back in the day, we won't witness this. Don't care if your religion is a religion of peace, since you cannot deal with your extremists in the North, whatever response you get here, you deserve it. silly country, silly muslims.

Can't believe I'm in the same country with these demons.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Sauron1: 12:00am On Mar 10, 2010
stillwater:

Bunch of animals. It will never better for Nigerian leaders that let this situation escalate like this. If those fanatic blood hungry muslims were initially put in their place back in the day, we won't witness this. Don't care if your religion is a religion of peace, since you cannot deal with your extremists in the North, whatever response you get here, you deserve it. silly country, silly muslims.

Can't believe I'm in the same country with these demons.

PEACH!!!! cheesy

This moment, i am ashamed to be a Nigerian.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayinba1(f): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2010
@stillwater,
did u read ajali's post?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 10, 2010
Madam I did. And I did just this.

Every time you rush at these occurences like the bees on the honey, take them to occasion
to insult each other on the worst, to offend and to threaten instead of denouncing the culprits
for it.

We all know who the culprits are.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by AloyEmeka5: 2:42am On Mar 10, 2010
What shall we do to appease Nigerian muslims?. What ?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 2:43am On Mar 10, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What shall we do to appease Nigerian muslims?. What ?

UUUUmmmmmm
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by AloyEmeka5: 2:44am On Mar 10, 2010
[size=14pt]American muslim woman arrested for Terrorism accused of recruiting jihadists[/size]
Indictment alleges American used Internet to spark terror overseas

'Jihad Jane’ charged with online terror recruiting

March 9: A woman from suburban Philadelphia has been indicted for using the internet to recruit fighters to support terrorists overseas.
Breaking news alerts (about 1 per day)

updated 2 minutes ago
A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with joining a group overseas that sources said planned to kill a Swedish cartoonist whose drawings of the Prophet Muhammed provoked worldwide outrage.

A federal indictment unveiled Tuesday alleges that Colleen LaRose, 46, of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, called herself "Jihad Jane" and was also known as Fatima Larose. It says she agreed to kill a Swede on orders from unnamed terrorists and traveled to Europe to carry out the killing.

Federal sources told NBC News that the case is related to a group of people arrested in Ireland earlier Tuesday on suspicion of plotting against Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who depicted the Prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.

LaRose was charged with four counts, including conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, making false statements to a government official, and attempted identity theft.

LaRose, a convert to Islam who has blond hair and blue eyes, indicated in her online conversations that she thought her appearance would help her move freely in Sweden to carry out the attack, the indictment said.

‘Desperate to do something to help’
The case "demonstrates that terrorists are looking for Americans to join them in their cause, and it shatters any lingering thought that we can spot a terrorist based on appearance," U.S. Attorney Michael Levy said.

Investigators say that in June 2008, LaRose posted a comment on YouTube saying she was "desperate to do something to help" suffering Muslims. Six months later, LaRose received a response from someone who offered to join her and to become a martyr, FBI officials said.

In a February 2009 online message to a co-conspirator in south Asia, she said her physical appearance would allow her to "blend in with many people," which "may be a way to achieve what is in my heart," the indictment said.

LaRose actively recruited others to terrorism, including at least one unidentified American, and her online messages expressed willingness to become a martyr and impatience to take action, according to the indictment and a U.S. official.

"I will make this (killing the artist) my goal till I achieve it or die trying," she wrote another south Asian suspect in March 2009, according to the indictment.

Investigators say that after corresponding with others overseas, LaRose moved to Sweden in August and joined a group that was plotting to kill Vilks. Al-Qaida put a $100,000 bounty on Vilks' head after a newspaper in August 2007 published his cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.

Was considered an asset
Prosecutors said LaRose's overseas terrorist contacts considered her an asset because of her western appearance, which allowed her to blend in while in European countries.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35783549/ns/us_news-security
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Fhemmmy: 2:45am On Mar 10, 2010
All these get as he be oh
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by AloyEmeka5: 2:49am On Mar 10, 2010
If I have my way, every Nigerian muslim will be deported to Jupiter. Let them go there and bow down to their allah and if they must use their dagger as usual, let them massacre the aliEns. I am sure their Allah will still reward them with virgins if they also massacre aliens; may be with more virgins sef. It will also be good because they don't have to face East in search of the sun  before their Allah will listen to their prayers. There is no sun rise and sun set in Jupiter.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by diobi: 3:25am On Mar 10, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

If I have my way, every Nigerian muslim will be deported to Jupiter. Let them go there and bow down to their allah and if they must use their dagger as usual, let them massacre the aliEns. I am sure their Allah will still reward them with virgins if they also massacre aliens; may be with more virgins sef. It will also be good because they don't have to face East in search of the sun  before their Allah will listen to their prayers. There is no sun rise and sun set in Jupiter.

WORD!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by kpofkpof: 6:59am On Mar 10, 2010
gunshots subsided at about 3am. maybe later today we would know the reason it erupted in the first place. the whole of jos was awake last night, phone calls were just coming in from different locations. everybody is really scared

Everywhere seems relatively quiet as no body is preparing to go to work/school.

Jos is now gaza

May God help us.

@frosbel, thanks for the bible passage, but i must confess when it starts even to pray would be difficull, so pls just remember me in your prayers
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2010
Automatic fire. Al qaeda has finally fulfilled its promise.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Isaacsandy: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2010
THANKS BE TO GOD AND YOU SO MUCH GUYS, SHE GOT THERE SUCCESSFULLY INFACT SHE BE FULL REGISTERED CORPER SHUN NOW.

i REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT! IT WAS GREAT!

GOD WILL HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY, MY EYES HAS FALLEN OF TRYING TO READ THE POST HERE BUT ITS ALL GOOD, SOME OPINIONS ARE WORTH IT, I MEAN, WHICH THEM COULD LISTEN TO IT OR PROBABLY READ THE OPINIONS OF GREAT NOBLE NAIRALANDERS,
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by igboboy1(m): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2010
To muslims: why dont you guys form your country? We will trade with you but we dont want sharia nor jihad nor uneducated clerics as our leaders, Nor fanatics for soldiers,

Please form una country, please

To Christians: enough crying like pu$$$eys, pesin dey beat you, you dey look am dey cry, fight back ah ah

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

A JEGA Must Go Protest Currently On Along Ikorodu Road Lagos / Why We Declared Benue Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC / I Am Alive - Yakubu Gowon denies death rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.