Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification (57781 Views)

Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Collins10(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2017
8kingz:
Great guy not like Dele Ali,john ibe nd co dat will be used once and dumped by d England team....mk us proud my guy #Oyinbo wall
I agree about Ibe being used and dumped...

But as for Dele Alli?
Are you serious?
Do you know Alli? How can England use and dump him? Dude is too good! England have no one like Alli in that midfield o! The other exceptional midfield player is Lallana, but that one can never be fit always.

Alli is far too talented o. Going to England was a wise choice for him. His talent is so glaring joor.

2 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by obafemi07066(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
That Ref Needs to be sanction , that Zambian Goal wasnt off side. The match will be replayed Super eagles not yet qualified..
OK sir
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by slex(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2017
This team will reach quarter finals. Quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by macolino(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
That Ref Needs to be sanction , that Zambian Goal wasnt off side. The match will be replayed Super eagles not yet qualified..
Ghana boy you see your life, enemy of progress
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by safarigirl(f): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:
No Kain dance wey dem no go use this our defenders dance for Russia. By the time General Messi dance python dance on top their hand, we go no say these our defenders are average at best, nay most of our players.

Congrats to him anyways. I watched him yesterday and i salute his undying and unwavering patriotism to the team.
no be if General Messi qualify fir the world cup? Pesin wey no fit dance on top the likes of Peru head, na who wan perform magic against us?

I don't expect such a comment from you. This our team is better than our 2014 team, no dey insult the

5 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
it Was A Clear Offside.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Realali(f): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:
No Kain dance wey dem no go use this our defenders dance for Russia. By the time General Messi dance python dance on top their hand, we go no say these our defenders are average at best, nay most of our players.

Congrats to him anyways. I watched him yesterday and i salute his undying and unwavering patriotism to the team.

You tell you say Messi de go World Cup guess you only watch soccer when Nigeria is playing

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Afam4eva(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2017
safarigirl:
no be if General Messi qualify fir the world cup? Pesin wey no fit dance on top the likes of Peru head, na who wan perform magic against us?

I don't expect such a comment from you. This our team is better than our 2014 team, no dey insult the
One thing i noticed with Nigerians is whenever we win a match, whether we managed to do so or not, we just forget our lapses and keep deceiving ourselves until when we're embarrassed before our eyes will open to the reality. I understand that we have some players such as Moses, Mikel and few others who stand out from time to time but the team as a whole is average at best. If we cannot convincingly win against a Zambian side on our own home turf then there's a problem.

3 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by daclemx: 10:22am On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
And hw sure r u that u wil be selected by 2018

Bro, no vex oh, but if for like slap you small if you dont mind. Who better pass this guy for Niaja defence?

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by grandstar(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2017
Such a humble soul.

It should a lesson to all of us
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by lekbel09(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
e be lyke say your over 1.5 spoil abi grin
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by senatoradeolaa: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2017
May God's strength see u and the team through!
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2017
laribari:

Mttchee, that one 3 lions career don end even before e start. Harry Kane is just 23 and will be there for many years. Welbeck is young too, then a Vardy who is having a sparking late career.

Then, there's a Rashford

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by ademijuwonlo(f): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2017
Cute family
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by 7lives: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Collins10:
I agree about Ibe being used and dumped...

But as for Dele Alli?
Are you serious?
Do you know Alli? How can England use and dump him? Dude is too good! England have no one like Alli in that midfield o! The other exceptional midfield player is Lallana, but that one can never be fit always.

Alli is far too talented o. Going to England was a wise choice for him. His talent is so glaring joor.

You are obviously a learner, you better go and google search one UGO EHIOGU who choosed England above Nigeria.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by slimfairboy(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2017
God bless this guy! BTW, where is Jordon Ibe, Agbolanhor, Etc? Tammy Abraham wants to follow them too? well, they say "Russia is cold but we're coming"
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Diso60090(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
report your self
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by kentebemoney: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

One thing i noticed with Nigerians is whenever we win a match, whether we managed to do so or not, we just forget our lapses and keep deceiving ourselves until when we're embarrassed before our eyes will open to the reality. I understand that we have some players such as Moses, Mikel and few others who stand out from time to time but the team as a whole is average at best. If we cannot convincingly win against a Zambian side on our own home turf then there's a problem.
Bro's ur living in the past,
This team isn't there yet but we've got a coach that knows this and is taking steps to address this.
This Zambians team is a good one.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Mujtahida: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2017
Realali:

You tell you say Messi de go World Cup guess you only watch soccer when Nigeria is playing
He doesn't even watch Nigeria. He only asks about the scoreline at the end of matches.

3 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by lebete3000: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2017
argob44:
Nigerian and German-born defender, Leon Balogun has expressed delight after he helped the Super Eagles qualified for Russia 2018 World Cup finals.

The defender who is popularly known as 'oyinbo wall' with his pair, Ekong, took to Twitter to showed off his beautiful parents and wrote:

Leon Balogun‏

Mama & Papa I made it - your little Leon is going to the World Cup. We’ve come a long way. Proud to be your son.

Source: http://www.asbgistng.com/2017/10/leon-balogun-shows-off-parents.html

cc: Lalasticlala

I guess German food makes people tall....off to Germany to raise my kids.

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Mujtahida: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

Mr convincingly - as if Zambia came to get beat. Group of Death:13 points. Qualified with a game to go. First in Africa. The team is not perfect but credit is due for the feat achieved.

2 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Cornerstone81(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

Your General Messi should qualify first

3 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by safarigirl(f): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

another disappointing comment. I didn't see you saying this when we whooped Cameroon last month, you said nothing when we won this Zambian team in their own home.

You forget than Italy drew Macedonia in their own home just last week, does that make the Italian team weak? Portugal struggled against Andorra, are they weak? And need I once again remind you about Argentina that had failed to win their last 3 games both home and away?

You cannot judge a team like that, you need to intimate yourself on Rohr's team because your comments so far signify that you are not very current as far as Nigerian football goes. I would advise you to visit our thread and help yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2017
Mujtahida:

Mr convincingly - as if Zambia came to get beat Group of Death:13 points. Qualified with a game to go. First in Africa. The team is not perfect but credit is due for the feat achieved.
I have given them the credit that they deserve but now is the time to look at the team holistically and proffer solutions on how to make them better which is what i'm doing. Just imagine if we had lost to Gambian playing the same way that won us the game, we all would have been calling for the head of everyone but because we won, let's just forget the lapses of the team and celebrate until we get a rude awakening like we always do then that's when we will start sacking coaches and looking for a foreign/local coach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Rajosh(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
He's Nigeria's best central back at the moment

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Afam4eva(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2017
safarigirl:
another disappointing comment. I didn't see you saying this when we whooped Cameroon last month, you said nothing when we won this Zambian team in their own home.

You forget than Italy drew Macedonia in their own home just last week, does that make the Italian team weak? Portugal struggled against Andorra, are they weak? And need I once again remind you about Argentina that had failed to win their last 3 games both home and away?

You cannot judge a team like that, you need to intimate yourself on Rohr's team because your comments so far signify that you are not very current as far as Nigerian football goes. I would advise you to visit our thread and help yourself.

I think you may be right. I've not been following the team like i used to. My judgement is based on what i saw yesterday which is the first time i'm watching a SE match in a while and while i agree that i may not have been following their progression, i think it was imperative that i highlighted areas that i thought were lacking. The fact that Italy or Portugal or even Argentina are fumbling is not much of a concern to me, Nigeria is my country and SE, my team and i'm more concerned about their fitness for the world cup. We have a good team, no doubt, atleast according to African standards but to make an impact at the world level, we need to up our ante which is what i'm calling for.

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Mujtahida: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

I have given them the credit that they deserve but now is the time to look at the team holistically and proffer solutions on how to make them better which is what i'm doing. Just imagine if we had lost to Gambian playing the same way that won us the game, we all would have been calling for the head of everyone but because we won, let's just forget the lapses of the team and celebrate until we get a rude awakening like we always do then that's when we will start sacking coaches and looking for a foreign/local coach.
Yes, the Coach said the real work starts now. So preparations are going to get going. Issues of finance and organisation(which have perennially haunted us) will be sorted out as funds will come rolling in through sponsorship and partnership deals now that we have qualified. Again FIFA itself gives 2 Milla for preparations and 10.5 Milla for qualifying. (although I don't know at what stage these monies would be given). Reports say that the German is thorough. I believe that from now to the Mundial some good work will be done to give us a team that hopefully will go far.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Mujtahida: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2017
safarigirl:

I just rewatched the match. One of the commentators noted how good the Zambian team is and wished African qualifiers has provision for playoffs. He remarked that the African qualifiers are the most difficult. All other continents have provision for playoffs. Look at England playing Slovenia, Portugal playing Andorra, Germany(though they've qualified played Azerbaijan. But Africa - our group for example has all erstwhile Afcon champions lumped up in the same group. Look at Ghana's group too-very tough. FIFA should increase the slot for Africa to seven or nine and I believe it would be done when the 40 nation format is adopted for the WC.

3 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Collins10(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2017
7lives:

You are obviously a learner, you better go and google search one UGO EHIOGU who choosed England above Nigeria.
Forget UGO joor (May his soul rest in peace).
I know about his story.
I am not a 23-year old.

You have to look at the circumstances.
Ugo Ehiogu had to contend with people like Tony Adams, John Terry and Sol Campbell and even Rio Ferdinand. And these ones hardly got injured o. They were all top players and frankly, they are way way ahead of Ehiogu!

Now, look at Alli's case: Who are his fellow midfielders? I will mention them.
Henderson, Dier, Lallana, probably Chamberlian (if he plays in his position), then one or two more persons.

They are all quack and average (you know that is how England team has been for a while now). They are so average that Alli does not even have to be at the top of his game to be in the team.

Fortunately for him, the guy is good! Forget Ehiogu's case o. He had competition. Alli has no competition in that team at all!

Reason am na!

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by kally90(f): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2017
GoodGuysGoodGir:
after the moronic ref assisted us abi -congrats sha , I just hope Argentina no make am cos na dem get our medicine
bad belle,your prayer no go work.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
how are u sure u have a functional reasoning faculty?

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Boyooosa:

He didnt really do bad as well but he needs to do much more if he wants to have a nice exposure in the WC. He needs more confidence and stamina.
you're joking,right? someone who has over one hundred and fifty bundesliga games needs exposure? we should just remove him and put omeruo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off His Curvy Wife As They Hang Out (PHOTO) / Super Eagles Players Celebrate In Ice Block Pool / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.