Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,353 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:57 PM

Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification (57800 Views)

Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2017
slex:
This team will reach quarter finals. Quote me anywhere
CO-SIGNED. africa reps will go far in russia.

2 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Ganjafama(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

One thing i noticed with Nigerians is whenever we win a match, whether we managed to do so or not, we just forget our lapses and keep deceiving ourselves until when we're embarrassed before our eyes will open to the reality. I understand that we have some players such as Moses, Mikel and few others who stand out from time to time but the team as a whole is average at best. If we cannot convincingly win against a Zambian side on our own home turf then there's a problem.
What do you mean by " convincingly"? Every team has got its own off days. Italy was forced to a one all draw by unknown Macedonia. Even the almighty Argentina and Brazil were both held to goalless draws by less fancied teams. Our boys did great, that's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
goaldynman:
I love that his parents are still together! Unlike nowadays baby mamas and papas hoping about!!
if they weren't together he wouldn't rep Nigeria - that was what happened with Dele Alli.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by jrusky(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
And hw sure r u that u wil be selected by 2018

And you will be selected to replace him right?

Naturally some people has a demon in them called monitoring and hate demonic spirit and definitely you possessed both better see TB or Oyakhilome before it's too late.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
chuksteve37:

THEN IF NIGERIANS REACT AS USUAL WERRIN GO COME HAPPEN,,,,,DUDE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT NFF JHOOR!!!
The Amaju Pinnick-led board is an enlightened one. the man has made good choices so far so we don't envisage stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Benekruku(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
That Ref Needs to be sanction , that Zambian Goal wasnt off side. The match will be replayed Super eagles not yet qualified..

I agree with you. Christiano Ronaldo was not suppose to be in that match. He has a deflated tyre parked outside the Basketball court and still went on with the game.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

One thing i noticed with Nigerians is whenever we win a match, whether we managed to do so or not, we just forget our lapses and keep deceiving ourselves until when we're embarrassed before our eyes will open to the reality. I understand that we have some players such as Moses, Mikel and few others who stand out from time to time but the team as a whole is average at best. If we cannot convincingly win against a Zambian side on our own home turf then there's a problem.
Zambia is not a small team

2 Likes

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by allaboutobed(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
For your info Messi is not going or may likely miss d wc
Afam4eva:
No Kain dance wey dem no go use this our defenders dance for Russia. By the time General Messi dance python dance on top their hand, we go no say these our defenders are average at best, nay most of our players.

Congrats to him anyways. I watched him yesterday and i salute his undying and unwavering patriotism to the team.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by SirGoldEjike(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
Are you Gernet Rohr's son?
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Afam4eva:

I have given them the credit that they deserve but now is the time to look at the team holistically and proffer solutions on how to make them better which is what i'm doing. Just imagine if we had lost to Gambian playing the same way that won us the game, we all would have been calling for the head of everyone but because we won, let's just forget the lapses of the team and celebrate until we get a rude awakening like we always do then that's when we will start sacking coaches and looking for a foreign/local coach.
what are the lapses of the team? an aging left back? no capable replacement for onazi? more capable competitors for the top 9 position? please tell us what we don't already know.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by argob44(f): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
kramer:

It’s show off not showed off. What is it with Nigerian bloggers using past tenses inappropriately. It can be off-putting sometimes sad
english hard biko
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by zinizta: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
Collins10:
Forget UGO joor (May his soul rest in peace).
I know about his story.
I am not a 23-year old.

You have to look at the circumstances.
Ugo Ehiogu had to contend with people like Tony Adams, John Terry and Sol Campbell and even Rio Ferdinand. And these ones hardly got injured o. They were all top players and frankly, they are way way ahead of Ehiogu!

Now, look at Alli's case: Who are his fellow midfielders? I will mention them.
Henderson, Dier, Lallana, probably Chamberlian (if he plays in his position), then one or two more persons.

They are all quack and average (you know that is how England team has been for a while now). They are so average that Alli does not even have to be at the top of his game to be in the team.

Fortunately for him, the guy is good! Forget Ehiogu's case o. He had competition. Alli has no competition in that team at all!

Reason am na!
imagine Super eagles team with Alli and Alaba.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Except he has an injury it is sure he is going.

May I ask you a question?

how are you sure yould see 2018?

Stop being a sadist.

1 Like

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Boyooosa(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
zinizta:
you're joking,right? someone who has over one hundred and fifty bundesliga games needs exposure? we should just remove him and put omeruo.
Read my comment again, this time around, slowly. I mentioned that: he needs to improve if he would have nice exposure in the world cup (WC). Has he been to world cup b4?
Mind you, even if he has played one million bundesliga matches, it doesn't mean that he will not need to understand international matches b4 going to world cup. Confidence I mean, is his ability to trust and blend in with that team so that he can perform better in the team. Stamina; he dropped ridiculously behind attackers yesterday and my concern is if he will need to contend with world strikers. B4 I go, he has a potential of playing fantastically in the WC if he really work hard towards it, don't write him off
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by ekhai(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
You will take his place in the squad for the World Cup.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Tecno66: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:
By staying fit and to up his game so that the coach will still find him better than others. Your question is right. That you helped us qualify is not a guarantee that you will be selected for the tournament.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by laribari(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Criis:

Then, there's a Rashford

Geez, how could I have missed Rashford, that young and explosive player. I pity Abraham.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by shevchenko(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
That Ref Needs to be sanction , that Zambian Goal wasnt off side. The match will be replayed Super eagles not yet qualified..

I agree with you.They scored a clear goal.I hope Zambia complains to FIFA .
The match ought to be cancelled
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by laribari(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
nengibo:

You never can tell, all he needs is one good season

Don't make me laff. As long as you are a diaspora you won't play ahead of pure English (be it white or black). Check their history, England na pure racist nation forget all the good image they are painting. My younger brother in th UK confirmed this to me. They are pure racist.

My Bro told me that he was on board a train and one white man came in with his 3 kids and his white wife. The wife and two kids got spaces t seat but the mumu white man decided to stand with one of the kids becos the only space left was for him to seat near my brother, a black man. My Bro said when train match break suddenly, the man just fell and my Bro said he was just laughing in his mind (saying that's good for the man).

Welbeck, rashford are blacks but their parents are English and their African connection may have come from their grand parents.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by laribari(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
You forgot Rashford

Nor mind me jare, with rashford, only 19yrs Abraham career is dead on arrival. Rashford is explosive. As a chelsea fan self, I dey fear the boy.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by gozzlin: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
The dad looks like a typical yoruba man.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by kabillion(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
DNA test must be conducted with utmost alacrity.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by sshalom(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
oloriooko:
We are proud of you lad and your patriotism is contagious

Absolutely. The group is so focused on doing Nigeria and Nigerians proud.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Neddyogu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
haywire1:
Papa is Short , Mama is short, how come son (Leon Balogun) is tall... Both parent genes must be "Tt" or Did they adopt him

With the effects of aging, u don't get to be as tall as u were in ur youth. My dad used to be a tall man in his day but now not so...
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by handsomeyinka(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
laribari:

Mttchee, that one 3 lions career don end even before e start. Harry Kane is just 23 and will be there for many years. Welbeck is young too, then a Vardy who is having a sparking late career.

Just watch out,,,Tammy Abraham will be willing to switch to Nigeria now since that will give him a life time opportunity to play in the world cup,,

Moreso, Chief Vincent Enyeama also will now change his mind and quote "Am ready to serve my fatherland again"..

If you are Gernot rohr,will you be willing to accept Vincent enyeama back to the team?
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by nengibo: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
laribari:

Don't make me laff. As long as you are a diaspora you won't play ahead of pure English (be it white or black). Check their history, England na pure racist nation forget all the good image they are painting. My younger brother in th UK confirmed this to me. They are pure racist.

My Bro told me that he was on board a train and one white man came in with his 3 kids and his white wife. The wife and two kids got spaces t seat but the mumu white man decided to stand with one of the kids becos the only space left was for him to seat near my brother, a black man. My Bro said when train match break suddenly, the man just fell and my Bro said he was just laughing in his mind (saying that's good for the man).

Welbeck, rashford are blacks but their parents are English and their African connection may have come from their grand parents.
We all know dat majority of the British people are racists, but when it comes to sports they put their racism aside to select players they believe can perform regardless of their decent
Btw I hope u know that danny tii mensah welbeck is from Ghana.
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Walelavender(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
grin Rejoice with us na
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by OtemSapien: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
PROPUNTER:
it was payback time bro. I could remember how they awarded this same Zambia a very fake penalty against us in the 2013 world cup group stage and they equalised us with it. It was very painful back then. Now it's payback time. cheesy

Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by Danielnino00(m): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Are u kidding me?? Only injury can stop him.
Mind u he is a German-Nigerian.. Rohr is a German too..
He and Ekong have cemented that CB spot already. only injury wills stop them from going to Russia
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by shevchenko(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
OtemSapien:
it was payback time bro. I could remember how they awarded this same Zambia a very fake penalty against us in the 2013 world cup group stage and they equalised us with it. It was very painful back then. Now it's payback time. cheesy

In 2013 it was a clear penalty
Re: Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification by OtemSapien: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
shevchenko:

In 2013 it was a clear penalty

angry angry
Wetin I use my koro koro eyes watch? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off His Curvy Wife As They Hang Out (PHOTO) / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Super Eagles Players Celebrate In Ice Block Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.