Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,905 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

*****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** - Dating And Meet-up Zone (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** (30290 Views)

Lesbo-ville: The Meet Up Place For Lesbians / 3rd Annual UK "BBQOMGWTF Come and chop enjoyment" Summer Meet up! / Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2010
gabng:

If its holding in Nigeria i am in. Just let me know the date venue and time.

yommy101:

register me
its in London
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by yommy101(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
can make it there if given invite,what will it cost me
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2010
yommy101:

can make it there if given invite,what will it cost me

You're willing to fly from Nigeria to England, to attend an event that's just one day? undecided

Personally, I'd advice against it. It would be such an expensive trip, for so little.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2010
^^ The whole BBQ is much of caucus (Awa la wa mbe) thing, even guys living in London are being discriminated and screened out, I was sent a mail that its for REAL NAIRALANDERS, which implies that some of us are fake right? . Guys it's your world rock it. I don't need you guys to feel good and happy. It's just unfortunate that SIENA is part of this whole discriminating stuff.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
likeme:

^^ The whole BBQ is much of caucus (Awa la wa mbe) thing, even guys living in London are being discriminated and screened out, I was sent a mail that its for REAL NAIRALANDERS, which implies that some of us are fake right? . Guys it's your world rock it. I don't need you guys to feel good and happy. It's just unfortunate that SIENA is part of this whole discriminating stuff.

hiss
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
likeme:

^^ The whole BBQ is much of caucus (Awa la wa mbe) thing, even guys living in London are being discriminated and screened out,  I was sent a mail that its for REAL NAIRALANDERS, which implies that some of us are fake right? . Guys it's your world rock it. I don't need you guys to feel good and happy. It's just unfortunate that SIENA  is part of this whole discriminating stuff.

My response was to do with the practicality of travelling over 8,000 miles to attend a meet-up, that'll be less than a day. How many Nigerians in Nigeria, would even travel from Benin-City to let's say, Maiduguri to attend a meet with people they hardly know?

No one's screening you out, or discriminating against you. This is a typical Nigerian trait, whereby if things don't go the way they expect, they play the "race" or "discrimination" card. Learn to feel good about yourself, stop whining, and feeling everyone's against you.

Rant over.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2010
^^ Like I posted earlier, I don't need any of u guys to feel good or live large. Sincerely, I don't. I don't need you guys or your caucus to get a contract or do whatever I NEED TO DO.
I just made the comment for the guy that want to use his money for ticket fare from Nigeria dat personally I don't think it worth it.

If guys in London are not invited WHAT WILL A GUY FROM 9JA Do?
Guys Groooow up.

Self confidence is a key factor in human life, I got it, I got my swagga, got my cribs so WTHell with a get together meeting meant for some set people and not for every available user.

If u don't want new guys to hook up with ya. Send urselves PM and get off the board than to be painting it as if you are good Nigerian that want Nigerians in London to get together.

I have been working with whites, asians, indians, spanish name it and none of them can say I have not add value to them. so the issue of things not working and shouting race does not happen or appear in my dictionary

So it's not a typical 9ija thing to speak against an eventful event, but like I said, it's ur call, u guys are the one doing man o man thing there, I am not and won't be here delibrating over a gathering that is not going to put sterling into my pocket .

So go on and eat ur chicken and pork ribs and have fun.
No hard feeling man.

Cheers
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^ who gives a flying sword of damocles if u live next to the Queen
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
^ buhahaaaa u r cold
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by blacksta(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
likeme:

^^ Like I posted earlier, I don't need any of u guys to feel good or live large. Sincerely, I don't. I don't need you guys or your caucus to get a contract or do whatever I NEED TO DO.
I just made the comment for the guy that want to use his money for ticket fare from Nigeria dat personally I don't think it worth it.

Guys Groooow up.

Self confidence is a key factor in human life, I got it, I got my swagga, got my cribs so WTHell with a get together meeting meant for some set people and not for every available user.

If u don't want new guys to hook up with ya. Send urselves PM and get off the board than to be painting it as if you are good Nigerian that want Nigerians in London to get together.

I have been working with whites, asians, indians, spanish name it and none of them can say I have not add value to them. so the issue of things not working and shouting race does not happen or appear in my dictionary

So it's not a typical 9ija thing to speak against an eventful event, but like I said, it's your call, u guys are the one doing man o man thing there, I am not and won't be here delibrating over a gathering that is not going to put sterling into my pocket .

So go on and eat your chicken and pork ribs and have fun.
No hard feeling man.

Cheers

I cant seem to understand what the issue is, did anybody reject your invite or did u notify anyone that you would like to attend. Anyway it is not too late. The event is open anyone on NL who wants to attend all you need to do is simply contact the right person by reading through the thread.

Simple as abc and it is not an exclusive event.

Ok calm down.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2010
likeme:

Guys Groooow up.

So it's not a typical 9ija thing to speak against an eventful event, but like I said, it's your call, u guys are the one doing man o man thing there, I am not and won't be here delibrating over a gathering that is not going to put sterling into my pocket .

So go on and eat your chicken and pork ribs and have fun.
No hard feeling man.

Cheers

Take heart my boy. they didnt invite me, a whole godfather, and you expected to be invited? grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2010
blacksta:

I cant seem to understand what the issue is, did anybody reject your invite or did u notify anyone that you would like to attend. Anyway it is not too late. The event is open anyone on NL who wants to attend all you need to do is simply contact the right person by reading through the thread.

Simple as abc and it is not an exclusive event.

Ok calm down.

^^^ This is my point, They painted it as an open event and when I contacted the guy, see the response below.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the intro, I have seen your post on the thread.

Unfortunately, you do not have the level of NL posts and length of time on NL to join the event this year.

We normally require at least 200 posts and about 6 months on NL to qualify.

I appreciate this might be disappointing and even frustrating but we want it to be a NL meet-up, not just any people meet-up.

Maybe next year.

Regards,

Sagamite.

Sincerely, No hard feeling, I have moved on, I wouldn't have signify interest in the first instance if not for the fact that they post looks like an open event fo ALL NL in London.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by peachie(f): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2010
Unfortunately, you do not have the level of NL posts and length of time on NL to join the event this year.

WTH
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by debosky(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
It is an open event with certain qualifications - once you qualify you are invited.

If you aren't satisfied with the minor qualifying requirements, feel free to arrange your own meet up.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by peachie(f): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2010

according to that^^^^^^, i dont qualify so strike me off that list!

I tire!
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
likeme:

^^^ This is my point, They painted it as an open event and when I contacted the guy, see the response below.

Hi mate,

I appreciate this might be disappointing and even frustrating but we want it to be a NL meet-up, not just any people meet-up.

Maybe next year.

Regards,

Sagamite.

Sincerely, No hard feeling, I have moved on, I wouldn't have signify interest in the first instance if not for the fact that they post looks like an open event fo ALL NL in London.
Dude relax, the reason the organisers put a restriction is to ensure control. Im sure you know if they threw it open on the home page of NL, it would probably turn to a disaster. I understand how u feel judging from Sagas response to you.

Oya take my place grin grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by r231(m): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
peachie:

according to that^^^^^^, i dont qualify so strike me off that list!

I tire!

that rule don't apply to chicks grin grin grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin Funny NL's, 'cause I am a guy now, no show for me, no lele, I no go come take ur Girlfriend away, though I am seriously searching sha.

@tkb417,
I appreciate the offer, Thanks but no thanks

@debosky,
i don't just know how to respond to you, move on and have fun.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^
no vex nau

are you still upset cheesy

if u dont attend, peachie will not

so take my offer cos we need peachie there grin grin grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
grin cheesy grin, I no dey vex oo, Is peachie coming with her friendssssssss? If yes I go come , If no I no dey show face , lol

Autum don reach, winter dey come Hmmm!
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^ bad guy cheesy
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by debosky(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
likeme:

@debosky,
i don't just know how to respond to you, move on and have fun.

Then don't respond. grin

There's no need to strike off peachy, cos if you understand Saga's response, it says 'normally'. . . .since Peachy is a smoking hot sexy beauty, her case is clearly an exceptional situation requiring a modification of the requirements. cheesy
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
debosky:

Then don't respond. grin

There's no need to strike off peachy, cos if you understand Saga's response, it says 'normally'. . . .since Peachy is a smoking hot sexy beauty, her case is clearly an exceptional situation requiring a modification of the requirements. cheesy

shocked shocked Are u serious,i guess she's not safe if am gna be there then.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by blacksta(m): 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
see babe sharing formula in progress - abeg leave crumbs for some of us  grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2010
likeme:

Hi mate,

I appreciate this might be disappointing and even frustrating but we want it to be a NL meet-up, [b]not just any people meet-up
Maybe next year.

Regards,

Sagamite.

I apologise, after reading the email you received, I can now understand your annoyance.

Sagamite / Elrazur, this is not good. Why make this event so segregated? Nairaland is supposed to be about Nigerians, and friends of Nigeria (at least, I assumed so from the slogan). Why then decide to make this a "closed event"? I recall some attendees are bringing friends, who are not even on Nairaland, yet there have been no objections. I don't know much about Peachie, but she's listed as an attendee, despite not having the required post count. Why are the rules relaxed for her, yet not for Iikeme?

From the list of attendees, at least 3 Nairalanders are bringing pals along, and so far, there have been no objections. The criteria to attend should have been stated from the onset (I don't agree with it though) to avoid situations such as this. This meet-up should be about Nairalanders, Nigerians and friends of Nigeria meeting up, having a great day out and generally getting to know ourselves. What's the big deal? I think it's only fair the rules should be relaxed for all, or done away with altogether. It's unfair to single out certain individuals, and feel they're not worthy of attending, whilst giving preferential treatment to others that clearly do not also meet the attendance criteria.

Best of luck with your cliquey meet-up.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2010
^ Boss are u coming ?

likeme:

grin cheesy grin, I no dey vex oo, Is peachie coming with her friendssssssss? If yes I go come , If no I no dey show face , lol

Autum don reach, winter dey come Hmmm!

If u come,i promise u my cuzin,she get yansh oo.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by likeme(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2010
@Sienna,
I really appreciate that piece, please ensure that you are there.
@follypimpi,
This is a great offer I cannot say no to, Can I meet with her without coming to the BBQ.
Seee grooooove. grin cheesy grin wink
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2010
isn't summer sort of, over?

lmao cheesy
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2010
likeme:

Hi mate,

I appreciate this might be disappointing and even frustrating but we want it to be a NL meet-up, [b]not just any people meet-up
[/b]
Maybe next year.

Regards,

Sagamite.

^^
lol you guys did this the classic naija way. Turned him down & also insulted him all in the same breath, like why the hell would he be FRUSTRATED by not being able to attend? Na wa.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
likeme:

@follypimpi,
This is a great offer I cannot say no to, Can I meet with her without coming to the BBQ.
Seee grooooove. grin cheesy grin wink

See u oo,am not always this gracious and kind o esp. woman wise,i can only hook u up if u show face.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by jaybee3(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
Abeg u fit hook me up with madlady? Is she coming? I can see u 2 are getting with it on dat fav buy thread.
Pimpz baba
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2010
jay bee:

Abeg u fit hook me up with madlady? Is she coming? I can see u 2 are getting with it on dat fav buy thread.
Pimpz baba

shocked shocked shocked grin grin u r funny.Anyways the NL meet up might turn out good i hve sum 2 female friends in london who might jst turn up,but will update u sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (46) (Reply)

Members image representation thread. / Singles Connect: If You Are Single, Real And Searching... / Romantic Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.