Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,111 members, 7,946,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

7 Life-changing Lessons I've Learned From Online Jobs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Life-changing Lessons I've Learned From Online Jobs (482 Views)

10 Crucial Lessons I've Learned Selling On Jumia In 5 Years. / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Guide To Making Lots Of Money From Online Guides/courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Life-changing Lessons I've Learned From Online Jobs by Premiumwriter: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Having worked online for quite some time now I decided to share a little of my experience here and what I've learned. I believe in being simple so I'll keep this very simple and straightforward. Please you can drop your own thoughts also

# there is no easy way to make money
The easiest trap gullible fellows fall for is the ease of making money online. Making money online involves a lot of effort like your day job. So if you want to venture into online business take your time and buckle up. One advantage of online jobs in this regard is the flexibility it offers. You can work anywhere and at any time but apart from that making money online involves plain hard work.

# have something up your sleeve
So you want my money? Well what can you offer? To make money online you must have a skill that you can offer or else go to the pay-per-click guys

# Be honest and you will get
We can easily brag online. Some dudes are making $500 daily yet they spam Nairaland with ads and referral link. Be wise they are making nothing. To make money online be honest and build a lasting reputation and then the job will start coming in first in trickles but later in great surges.

# if you can't do it - admit it
You might be tempted to accept a job you can't do because the pay is much and in the end deliver a substandard product. This is not good. Yeah you may get paid but in the long run you've probably lost a potential long-term customer. So if you're given a particular job that you cannot do, admit that you cannot do it and explain the reason why. Then ask that you be contacted in the future if there's any other offer. With this you can save your reputation which is very important.

# learn to do it next time
You may have declined a job request today because you don't know how to do it but don't just stop there. Life is full of things that we cannot do but we should not limit ourselves. we can learn to do them. If you see a service that is profitable, then go and learn it. That way you can earn more.

# don't cut back time
We live in a world were people wants their orders delivered in the shortest time possible. But to deliver quality service, you will need more time. You might be tempted to cut back your time so that you can earn more but don't. Let your customers know that when you can be through with their work and if they don't agree then let them go, that way you can save your relationship with them as well as your reputation.

# and lastly you can make it
Yeah you can make it if you stick around long enough.

over to you...share your online job lessons with us. P.S you must be making money from one online business or the other before you give your views

2 Likes

Re: 7 Life-changing Lessons I've Learned From Online Jobs by PAO429: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
Many people want to make money online.But as a beginner it maybe sometimes discouraging at some point, you are a success story , so can you outline a practical step on how you became successful doing online job.in other words, how you take do, show person the way, i want to be like you too
Re: 7 Life-changing Lessons I've Learned From Online Jobs by okwabayi(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2018
One day one day I'll join this bandwagon. I just haven't seen the piercing need to yet.

(1) (Reply)

[Update] How To Create Verified Paypal In Nigeria or Ghana To Accept Payments / My Bugatti Biz / [read]make Money On Fiverr And Other Freelance Sites Selling Website Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.