Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,899 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight (9161 Views)

Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari / Asari Dokubo Told To Leave Ndigbo Alone In His Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by okwanuzo3(f): 1:44am On Mar 15, 2010
I think splitting the country will be a good idea if no war or bloodshed is involved which is impossible as we know. The amalgamation of the various regions into what we know as Nigeria was a very selfish move needless to say a huge huge mistake.
I can't help but wonder however,  how many countries will be created from Nigeria given that the Niger deltans and probably efiks and ibibios will not be willing to join Biafrans.
Also, i am not convinced that Biafra and any other countries that break away from Nigeria would not be saddled with their own problems.
The answer to nigeria and africa's issues as a whole is not forming more countries to give greedy, selfish individuals access to power and the pocket of the entire country. Africa has been said to be it's own worst enemy, how true.
It has little to do with the tribe, religion etc. It's the heart of the black man that is as black as his skin quoting from the movie blood diamond.

When the leaders learn to value human life, they wouldn't find it too difficult to understand the need to provide basic facilities and services for their people.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ibabalol: 1:44am On Mar 15, 2010
Have you ever heard and do you believe in the the saying " united we stand, divided we fall"
well my people at this moment, this does not apply to Nigerians, as a matter of fact, the opposite
is true for us "divided we stand, united we fall"
how can we develop with so much parasites Nigeria.
Blood suckers, betrayers, cheats and enemies of progress? think about it.
i so much want Nigeria to remain one and grow together
but the evil ones are just too many and too powerful meaning too many innocent lives will be
affected negatively.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Cmiller(m): 1:50am On Mar 15, 2010
*Bein in overseas doesnt make u a Nigerian cos u ar in another man's country n so u hv no right 2 make any suggestion 4 us cos we don't knw WHO SIDE u ar on,so come n fight wt us or stay dia an waste ur time non-nigerians,if u doubt dz den tell me wt u did wen ur so claimed 2 b country wz named a terrorist country,hope u wia happy n eat as much burger u can.plz i jst dnt wnt 2 write so back OFF, STRANGERS callin shot 4 us.*
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by hardywaltz(m): 2:30am On Mar 15, 2010
I support the OP (not about the illegal immigrant part), most times when i read some posts on NL, i usually go back to check their locatiion coz i know
they are not in touch wth realities in Niaja (becomrich, EzeUche & co.).
CNN was my favourite channel for almost 14yrs until last year when they did a documentary on Niger Delta, particularly Rivers State. After seeing the documentary, i wasn't sure if it was the same Niger Delta i transvass every day in the coz of my work or Somalia they were reporting about.
So also do these people abroad use such over bloated documentary as bases for calling for the dissolution of Nigeria. No need hiding behind the Internet calling for the impossible. If things ain't going rite come back home and join hands to make them work.
@ EzeUche, in one of my post i xplained that we Igbos are the greatest beneficiary of the flawed system in Niaja, rather than calling for Biafra, its time we put of our advantages to work and prepare for that day.
PS: i dont remember arochukwu been your location or did change it for this purpose lol.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by marabout(m): 2:51am On Mar 15, 2010
The poster of this thread is either just trying too be controversial or just ignorant. Forget about degree or whatever.

First of all, the vast majority of those who led the fight for Nigerian independence were Nigerians trained abroad. Zik, Awolowo, Enahoro, name them. While they
were abroad, they saw what those folks at home just couldn't see. Now politicians come abrod to squander our commonwealth.

Secondly, Nigerians abroad are not the ones who are paid to rig elections, it is the teeming mass of unemployed youth at home. Many abroad have taken their destiny in their own hands.
Just recently, 2 Edo kids/twins in London became the youngest to be admitted to secondary school. They already passed A' level Maths at the age of 7. They have been all over the papers and national TV here in England. If they were in Nigeria, the bigotry, tribalism and nepotism that pervades the sysyem would have prevented "ethinic minority" children being given due recognition.

Perhaps the poster is an "Aje bota" and has a pathological hatred for the underprivileged who take their destiny in their own hands and travel abroad instead of joining the everincreasing number of cultists, assassins, robbers/rapists, kidnappers, political thugs and 419ers in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bidemi12(m): 2:54am On Mar 15, 2010
mumu/dumb/ignorant people. keep ranting. ignorance is bliss. cry
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by marabout(m): 3:07am On Mar 15, 2010
Continue.

Poster do you know how much nigerians abroad remit home annually? $10 billion! There are many aged parents and grandparents who rely on  remittance fron kids/grandkids abroad to afford medical treatment. Many who don't have die like chickens. Life is not worth much there anyway, hundreds dying in Jos every few months is as normal as taking Kunu.

Oh, I nearly forgot. The parents of those Edo kids doing Nigeria proud here were NOT sent here on scholarship by your "beloved feduro gamet" of Nigeria.
They wanted a better future for themselves and their kids, and God is answering their prayer.

If anything, Nigerians abroad have only help to prevent war (or helped to postpone it) through their remittance to jobless youths in their family, exactly the types that can the lured to replicate MEND in many parts of Nigeria. Imagine MEND and Boko Haram everywhere.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ayettymama(f): 3:09am On Mar 15, 2010
soo much hating on nigerians abroad

not all of us are illegal no1

i for one despise illegal people!

not all of us are here because people searchin for greener pastures

some of our parents were diplomats!

not all of us are unaware and ignorant abt what is goin on back home!

i for one dont watch CNN and whenever thes a degoratory documentary abt nigerians i educate my nigerian friends abt it

i spend all time learning abt what goes on in my state im even the one to call my dad to tell him news b4 he recieves his paper!!
however just because the truth is bitter doesnt mean we should ignore it

no amt of hating is going to change wat is happenin

people shuld be allowed to express thier views if its not harming anybody

ive seen argumens heat up to mountain temp and nothing bein done abt it

why is seun touchy abt this particular topic??
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 15, 2010
And what is it with NIGERIANS AT HOME AND NIGERIANS ABROAD?
What can I call this? HATING?
There has been many hating threads of late against nigerians abroad
We need to drop this backward mentality if we want that country to be great again
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:13am On Mar 15, 2010
hardywaltz:

@ EzeUche, in one of my post i xplained that we Igbos are the greatest beneficiary of the flawed system in Niaja, rather than calling for Biafra, its time we put of our advantages to work and prepare for that day.
PS: i dont remember arochukwu been your location or did change it for this purpose lol.

hehehe

I live in Port Harcourt, but I am from Arochukwu. That was a very good observation of yours my brother. How are the Igbos the greatest beneficiary of this flawed system.

We are still marginalized when it comes to politics. Frankly, I do not want any buffoon from the North controlling me. I rather have my own in power. I am sorry to say.  undecided
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:15am On Mar 15, 2010
Nigeria does need the Nigerians abroad. Even the Akata Nigerians.

The ones abroad, understand what a nation needs to survive. They are the ones who see clearly and know about 24-7 electricity, paved roads, and how a government is suppose to act.

I remember the first time I went abroad, I was amazed by how everything works abroad. It was amazing!!! Then I came back to Naija and was disappointed.

Nigeria is ran by buffoons who have no idea of how to develop a nation.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 15, 2010
True I hate when I see people who are mostly abroad talkin mad shiot about naijas problem. Like the whole breaking up thing, other nonsense also.- mostly people living in fantasy land or the past.

Internet warriors, mislead children going by old war stories, battered and bruised old former soldiers, assylum seeking immigrants, big mouth militants and co . . . . .

All those yarning shiot should go and start a war NOW, I dont know what they are waiting for.

Afterall Ill join my parents and paddys in naija after i graduate - Nigeria problems are fairly simple and can be solved without millions of lives being lost.
*DEATH*

EzeUche:

Nigeria does need the Nigerians abroad. Even the Akata Nigerians.

The ones abroad, understand what a nation needs to survive. They are the ones who see clearly and know about 24-7 electricity, paved roads, and how a government is suppose to act.

I remember the first time I went abroad, I was amazed by how everything works abroad. It was amazing!!! Then I came back to Naija and was disappointed.

Nigeria is ran by buffoons who have no idea of how to develop a nation.
So basically, you're saying that since Nigerians abroad knows why Nigeria is shitty then they should run their mouth but not come back home to make Nigeria better?

Odikwa serious grin
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:25am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

So basically, you're saying that since Nigerians abroad knows why Nigeria is shitty then they should run their mouth but not come back home to make Nigeria better?

Odikwa serious grin

Nigerians in the Diaspora should lead the way is what I am saying. Most of Africa's Revolutionary leaders went abroad and then came home and used their new found knowledge to make a difference on the continent.

Look at Kwame Nkrumah or Nnamdi Azikiwe. They went to the U.S. to study and came back and helped their nation.

You can't tell someone who lives in darkness 24-7 to make light when they are not used to it.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by marabout(m): 3:27am On Mar 15, 2010
Today Poster, you like Japanese and German cars, French/Italian  luxury goods. They all had to fight brutal wars before they cleared their heads and focus on development. If looing people in a war is what it will take, then let it be. People are already dying of hunger, armed robbery, road accidents, curable diseases, so just let's suffer the pain once and make a better future for our children.

Although with people like Bidemi12 in US army, i wonder who's going to fight the war.

If war breaks out, there will be many wounded people, I have the skills to be useful there.

To the poster and co-hort, many of us who believe that things cannot go on as it in Nigeria, we got the opportunity to train in foreign countries where Nigeria denied us for not been from major tribes or for not been connected. In the most respected professions for that matter.
Many of us saw the handwriting on the wall decades ago and did not wait to spend 10 years doing a course of 4 years in glorified, dilapidated, cuitist-infested  secondary schools called univesities.
Saying illegal immigrants want the country to sort itself out by any mean, peace or war shows your ignorance.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Nigerians in the Diaspora should lead the way is what I am saying. Most of Africa's Revolutionary leaders went abroad and then came home and used their new found knowledge to make a difference on the continent.

Look at Kwame Nkrumah or Nnamdi Azikiwe. They went to the U.S. to study and came back and helped their nation.

You can't tell someone who lives in darkness 24-7 to make light when they are not used to it.
I totally agree with you then.

LOL I just dont agree with your "Nigeria does not need Nigerians abroad"
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bawomolo(m): 3:39am On Mar 15, 2010
which one be akata Nigerian?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:44am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

I totally agree with you then.

LOL I just dont agree with your "Nigeria does not need Nigerians abroad"

I said Nigeria needs Diaspora Nigerians. Even the Akata Nigerians. You know how many Nigerians are in the military for both the U.S. and the U.K. Most of these people are from the South. They will be needed in the conflict that will soon erupt.

U.K. military has trained plenty of Yoruba soldiers. While the U.S. has trained plenty of Igbo soldiers. And let us not forget the engineers, doctors, lawyers etc who continue to live in the Diaspora and improve the U.S. but not Naija.

But who can blame these people? The Nigerian gov't does not protect their own.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 3:44am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Your example of Kwame Nkrumah and Azikiwe makes no sense. They were of a totally different era of blatant racism which shaped their experiences and made them pan African and independence leaders. As for me I dey enjoy obodo oyinbo, nothing dey do me lol grin
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:45am On Mar 15, 2010
bawomolo:

which one be akata Nigerian?

You know who Akata Nigerians are. These are the ones in the Diaspora who were born in the Diaspora and many of them can't even speak their language. Even though I cannot blame them. I blame their parents.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 3:47am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

You know who Akata Nigerians are. These are the ones in the Diaspora who were born in the Diaspora and many of them can't even speak their language. Even though I cannot blame them. I blame their parents.

So what is a Nigerian who was born outside Nigeria, lived in the Nigeria for half his life and then went back to the US? grin
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

I said Nigeria needs Diaspora Nigerians. Even the Akata Nigerians. You know how many Nigerians are in the military for both the U.S. and the U.K. Most of these people are from the South. They will be needed in the conflict that will soon erupt.

U.K. military has trained plenty of Yoruba soldiers. While the U.S. has trained plenty of Igbo soldiers. And let us not forget the engineers, doctors, lawyers etc who continue to live in the Diaspora and improve the U.S. but not Naija.

But who can blame these people? The Nigerian gov't does not protect their own.
Oh, the error is on my part. . . .

Ehrn when did UK and US trained Nigerian soldiers?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:50am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

So what is a Nigerian who was born outside Nigeria, lived in the Nigeria for half his life and then went back to the US? grin

A confused person undecided

Anyway, Nigeria needs everyone, even the akatas. '

There are some very smart Akata Nigerians. They would be beneficial for their respective regions.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:51am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

Oh, the error is on my part. . . .

Ehrn when did UK and US trained Nigerian soldiers?

Nigerians who are born abroad and enter the military. That is how they enter the military.

Or the U.S. is actively recruiting Igbo speakers into the military.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ayettymama(f): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2010
lolz

does the US specifically say na onli igbo they recruit??

how many yorubas do u no in the british army??

cos all th epeople inno in the army are igbo

and were born in naija??
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 3:55am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

lolz

does the US specifically say na onli igbo they recruit??

how many yorubas do u no in the british army??

cos all th epeople inno in the army are igbo

and were born in naija??

The U.S. is actively recruiting Igbo speakers, this is common knowledge.

I know of a few Yorubas in the British Army. I haven't come across many Igbos in the British Army, well, I haven't come across many Igbos in Britain. undecided
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Nigerians who are born abroad and enter the military. That is how they enter the military.

Or the U.S. is actively recruiting Igbo speakers into the military.
Hmm really weird.

Just the language speaker? Is that a good thing undecided
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 4:01am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

The U.S. is actively recruiting Igbo speakers, this is common knowledge.

I know of a few Yorubas in the British Army. I haven't come across many Igbos in the British Army, well, I haven't come across many Igbos in Britain.  undecided

U guys don craze finish. Maybe the US want to prevent terrorist attacks for ur igbo brothers  tongue. Just like how arabic and farsi speakers are significantly recruited by the US state department, security agencies and army. You should know that if the US actively seeks a certain group of people its not for good reasons.

The US is actually recruiting yoruba speakers too by the way
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 4:01am On Mar 15, 2010
Just the language speaker? Is that a good thing

Its actually a bad thing. The US is scared of secessionists.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its actually a bad thing. The US is scared of secessionists.
Thatz what I was thinking
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 4:14am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

U guys don craze finish. Maybe the US want to prevent terrorist attacks for your igbo brothers  tongue. Just like how arabic and farsi speakers are significantly recruited by the US state department, security agencies and army. You should know that if the US actively seeks a certain group of people its not for good reasons.

The US is actually recruiting yoruba speakers too by the way

You know that MEND is not classified as a terrorist organization. And there is no such thing as an Igbo terrorist. There is no money to be made in that business.  cool

Don't know why the U.S. would recruit Yoruba speakers. Last time I checked, most people in the Niger Delta do not speak Yoruba but they definitely speak Igbo.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

You know that MEND is not classified as a terrorist organization. And there is no such thing as an Igbo terrorist. There is no money to be made in that business.  cool

Don't know why the U.S. would recruit Yoruba speakers. Last time I checked, most people in the Niger Delta do not speak Yoruba but they definitely speak Igbo.

Thisis funny but true, the last thing a Yoruba person wants to do is die. . . . Most Yoruba would not join the army [outside of Nigeria]
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bawomolo(m): 4:25am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

Thisis funny but true, the last thing a Yoruba person wants to do is die. . . . Most Yoruba would not join the army [outside of Nigeria]

but you can join the Navy. after what happened to japan, no one is messing with the US for ocean  grin

after you have to do send some missiles from your cruiser or destroyer and you are good. just don't be a navy seal though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Easter Message To Nigerians / Why Hope Uzodinma May Unseat Gov.ihedioha Today / For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.