Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,983 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight (9168 Views)

Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari / Asari Dokubo Told To Leave Ndigbo Alone In His Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2010
It's all because of the oil. Remove the oil & half of Nigeria's problems are solved, even the 'Jos Fulanis' would gladly pack their bags and go back to their ancestral villages. Like someone said we shouldn't ever believe we're one because we are not. If there was no oil, the separation of Nigeria would just be a natural process.

The only way Nigeria can fully integrate is if Northern ruling class encourage their people to access Western education. But they wont do that that unless they stop stealing, they cant stop stealing until there's no oil. It's a vicious cycle.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by princekevo(m): 8:37am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

proof? Whats the motive?

You don't expect people in the north to kill themselves? If my family got killed then it would be painful and I might have a problem with Hausa people and hate them. But I cannot go to the UN and ask for a secession. That's my point.
Nope those calling for a secession are not jst calling it because of the Jos massacre, but as one the real factor tht clearly shows that Nigeria is not, has never and will never be one indeed after 96yrs of amalgamation. There are many other factors even proposed and accepted by our leaders which clear shows that we are not one. The rotational government is one of them, the last incidence of 90days power vaccum in the country is never an exception, becoz all these happened coz the VP wasn't from the North. You live in US and many in everyother part the world that are indeed one, how many of them have ever proposed and adopted a rotational government in a democratic setting. What if at the turn of the south and there is no competent man from there, but got a genius from the north? So the entire nation will waste a whole 8years waiting for their tenure to run over? I don't wanna go into the marginalisation issue which is also a realistic factor. So this is enough to make someone believe that indeed we are not one My brother.  An average rational human will consider the fact of making a thing 2 that refused to be one, is simply. This funny saying that says instead of Veronica will cause trouble you make it 2 words, Vero and Nica, you can see they still stand as in 2 words.

Why do we hide aways from the truth, we know it in our hearts of hearts that we are not one and instead of adopting a true Federalism to give room for a kinda self development and self leadership, while we still maintain the one Nigeria we prefer a rotational government to hinder progress of the entire nation. If US with their divers race adopted such government as Nigeria i know you wouldn't be proud to say you are in Florida US instead of Mississippi, which seems to be the poorest state in the US. Why do we chose to stick on this useless system of government we are practicing today even with the divers ethnics? Becoz of our African Mentality of you might be greater than me, so we must stick together, we fail we all fail, we progress we all progress. Sooner or later some group must agitate to single themself out for progress, they other group can chose to remain a failure is a matter choice.

One of the points I was trying to make was that if hypothetically Nigeria seceded, igbo people will still be killed in the North because they are not wanted there lol. So things wouldn't change.
Foreigners are being killed in US, UK, Iraq, Saudi, and in every country of the world. If that happens after secession is no more an internal case of Nigeria which will be buried underground, but a case against international bi-lateral relationship, which will be taking very serious by both republics. Then a north killing an Ibo will no longer be a case of an educated mallam killing a rat on the street, but a case of citizen of this republic killing a foreign citizen(a migrant), irrespective of which ever republic the victim is from.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by otukpo(f): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2010
i feel they want war so that by the time all the pple in Nigeria are killed, they will now come home and begin to enjoy.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by skyranger: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2010
u don't need ppl abroad to instigate a revolt or civil disobedience, the populace react to policies of the govt, positively or negetively,
from Iran, Greece, France, South Africa, Ghana and even Niger lately,
if we understood the meaning of liberty, we would march on every single street while coursing unrest in our clamour for good governance
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Borat1: 9:59am On Mar 15, 2010
Bullsheet. . .
Nobody wants war. . .
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2010
~Borat~:

Bull[b]sheet[/b]. . .
Nobody wants war. . .

Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2010
the calls for seperatio are based on northern hegemony/domination

unfortunately, breaking into seperate nation staes only means one hegemon will be excahnged for another - and the cycle will continue. going by recent history, not only will the cycle continue, it will intensify

lets imagine odua replublic.

gragra no 1 will be about the capital.

from there it will become lagos yorubas vs ife vs modakeke vs egba

this ones are dominating us and so on. very likely that it will also descend into bloodletting.

the only thing most of those calling for breaking of nigeria agree on is their suspicion/hatred of northern oligarchs.

nairaland is testament to the fact that with the north remobved, they will fall to fighting among themselves and blaming each other for being backward.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by BIMFEM: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2010
it is better 4 everyone 2 fix a date to come out and fight, enough gibberish, enoughh lets go to war, and mind you if you dont come out on that day, you will die alone
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2010
skyranger:

u don't need ppl abroad to instigate a revolt or civil disobedience, the populace react to policies of the govt, positively or negetively,
from Iran, Greece, France, South Africa, Ghana and even Niger lately,
if we understood the meaning of liberty, we would march on every single street while coursing unrest in our clamour for good governance

these diasporians should be mindful of their acts and utterances.if there is a unity of purpose,then nigeria would be a better place for we at home.the thais have been on protest asking for the resignation of the president,the greeks have come out en mass to protest against the austerity measures adopted by their govt and here wa are,there was not a solid protest aginst an absent president for over 3 months.the few protests around we saw never yield any positive objective.if i may ask why cant 50 percent of nigeria pour out to the street to protest the injustice in the nation.people's opinion are never on a national objectivity but their ethnic dominance over the other.what nigeria need is not and never would be war,we need a system that would guarantee equal opportunities to all tribes ireespective of the president's tribe.it is time we saw things from another angle entirely,shun and protest aginst tribalism,nepotism and othet social injustices
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by asha80(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

these diasporians should be mindful of their acts and utterances.if there is a unity of purpose,then nigeria would be a better place for we at home.the thais have been on protest asking for the resignation of the president,the greeks have come out en mass to protest against the austerity measures adopted by their govt and here wa are,there was not a solid protest aginst an absent president for over 3 months.the few protests around we saw never yield any positive objective.if i may ask why cant 50 percent of nigeria pour out to the street to protest the injustice in the nation.people's opinion are never on a national objectivity but their ethnic dominance over the other.what nigeria need is not and never would be war,we need a system that would guarantee equal opportunities to all tribes ireespective of the president's tribe.it is time we saw things from another angle entirely,shun and protest aginst tribalism,nepotism and othet social injustices

See who is talking about shunning tribalism.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
Why can we not just appreciate that we are a unique people? There are many prosperous societies in the world today and they all work differently, war will not help anyone, these stupid people advocating for it would not live to see its end.

The oneness of this country is the only thing that is keeping us in check, you can imagine the republic of southern Nigeria with odili as its president or ibori then the igbos would complain again and then they would break up with ngige as their president and soludos people would not be happy. . . . . face it we can never ever get satisfied.

Bloodshed . . . . .complete NO!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ogajim(m): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
OP had his visa application denied or something?

I had no idea diasporans were advocating war in Nigeria, anyone who was able to get out of that place and still show love should be applauded and not this "jealousy jealous" posts and rants against diasporans, who by the way contribute a lot of foreign exchange second to probably the cursed oil revenue.

You guys need a chill pill, I was there a few weeks ago and everyone who is not related to some political/business/service OLE wants to get out, go to the Immigration office in Obalende and then check a couple of Embassies and you'll get a full picture.

Stop deceiving/deluding your selves with this blatant JEALOUSY cheesy

If it's that easy, you to make you comot now abi some body hold you down there?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by otokx(m): 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2010
There won't be war here.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by morpheus24: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
Tis really strange how once Disaporans are put ina negative light on Nairaland na all out WAR.

I say if you are not inthe country and cannot make a sligth of difference to the countries welfare other than ranting and raving behind a computer screen you are no more than a TALKING HEAD!!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by GEW: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
morpheus24:

Tis really strange how once Disaporans are put ina negative light on Nairaland na all out WAR.

I say if you are not inthe country and cannot make a sligth of difference to the countries welfare other than ranting and raving behind a computer screen you are no more than a TALKING HEAD!!
make you pity them small.
some people think war is childs play or as seen on Tv.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by jpphilips(m): 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
I am actually not in the diaspora as I clearly stated. The only reason I go to the diaspora from time to time is to finish at my university in Washington DC

I actually took a semester off.

@ EZEUCHE

sounds you have a common place with mutallab
u knw, parents send them abroad,buys some western crap
and enjoys sitting behind ur PC
anyways,
you can start the breakup thus;

Convince your friends,family members and immediate family to remain wherever in the east without even attempting to cross the the Niger
you can as well consider relocating ur Academics to the east as well
should a million of your confused internet friends do this
i think we have a natural breakup already. dont think it calls for war, just by staying where you are and refusing to cross over to the other side breaks you up. i think such pariah wont tantamount to a stigma, afterall you are being patriotic
OTELE!!!!!!!!!!

DID I ASK HOW PLD YOU ARE shocked shocked just wondering
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by duduspace(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
This thread is silly in my opinion, a great majority of those abroad have family back home (at least I can speak for myself and a lot of my friends here in the UK) there is none of those I know who doesn't dream of going back home someday so why should anyone associate war mongering with Nigerians in the diaspora if such a person isn't out of his senses?
All we ask for is improvement in the quality of life back home and I'm sure there are a great many people living in Nigeria who want the same. Individuals may differ in how they believe this can be achieved but only a mumu like the OP can automatically equate an healthy interest in the development of your place of birth to war mongering for selfish purposes.
It is people like the OP who obsfucate issues and create unnecessary divisions which prevent us from moving forward as a people. A Nigerian in the diaspora is still a Nigerian at heart, I wonder why some blockheads simply can't understand something so simple, to paraphrase Arsene Wenger, "It is either they are mentally deficient or just plain malicious".
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ FL Gators . . .

Exactly.

The ppl begging for separation are either outside of the country, know nothing about Nigeria, or hardcore christians hating Is-Lam on a personal level [fueled by Jos incident].

Separation ko laceration ni

and the people talking about "togetherness" are in the country, know something about it and are softcore atheists who love islam on a personal level?

As duduspace said . . . this thread is meaningless, it isnt helped by people with scanty knowledge populating it with essentially spurious posts.

Most of the southerners asking for separation LIVE IN NIGERIA. The advocates for an SNC were mostly political bigwigs living IN NIGERIA! For those who are calling for "one Nigeria" . . . i guess you will start thinking differently when YOUR OWN FAMILIES have borne the brunt of the ethno-religious chaos called Nigeria. Until then you can all keep waxing poetic while sitting in your comfy chairs in the west.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Richtronix(m): 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
This thread is silly in my opinion, a great majority of those abroad have family back home (at least I can speak for myself and a lot of my friends here in the UK) there is none of those I know who doesn't dream of going back home someday so why should anyone associate war mongering with Nigerians in the diaspora if such a person isn't out of his senses?
All we ask for is improvement in the quality of life back home and I'm sure there are a great many people living in Nigeria who want the same. Individuals may differ in how they believe this can be achieved but only a mumu like the OP can automatically equate an healthy interest in the development of your place of birth to war mongering for selfish purposes.
It is people like the OP who obsfucate issues and create unnecessary divisions which prevent us from moving forward as a people. A Nigerian in the diaspora is still a Nigerian at heart, I wonder why some blockheads simply can't understand something so simple, to paraphrase Arsene Wenger, "It is either they are mentally deficient or just plain malicious".

Post of The Day. I applaud you. grin
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by jumobi1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2010
The OP forgot to think.
I think Nigeria needs to break up (hopefully without war) but thinking about it, we would then have fights based on ethnic groups/tribes/language/religion.
The key is education and giving states more independence. Delta oil should benefit Delta 1st and Kano agriculture should benefit Kano 1st.
Educated people don't have time or the lack of intelligence to fight in such brutish manners.
UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ogajim(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2010
OP needs to issue a rejoinder to stop people from calling him an IDIOT for this useless post which is inflammatory on it's own. Anyone who has setup a life (comfortable shocked) outside Nigeria and still care deeply about Nigeria should be applauded not condemned by folks who are plain "hating", OP, drop your can of "haterade" and apologize for this nonsense unless of course you're trying to get back at a brother, sister or cousin who refuse to send you anymore money wink
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by mamagee3(f): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2010
Nigerian leaders and their hypocrisy, whenever the fall sick, they run straight to England or the United States for treatment. . .
But they're always trying to convince Nigerians to come home and be patriotic. . .
Load of Bull****.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by platinumnk(f): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
davidylan:

@ FL Gators . . .

and the people talking about "togetherness" are in the country, know something about it and are softcore atheists who love islam on a personal level?

As duduspace said . . . this thread is meaningless, it isnt helped by people with scanty knowledge populating it with essentially spurious posts.

Most of the southerners asking for separation LIVE IN NIGERIA. The advocates for an SNC were mostly political bigwigs living IN NIGERIA! For those who are calling for "one Nigeria" . . . i guess you will start thinking differently when YOUR OWN FAMILIES have borne the brunt of the ethno-religious chaos called Nigeria. Until then you can all keep waxing poetic while sitting in your comfy chairs in the west.

+1

The First time I heard of a seperation, it was from a Nigerian IN nigeria.
I laughed at the disporians assumptions, with its obvious ignorance.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SapeleGuy: 12:21am On Mar 16, 2010
duduspace:

I wonder why some blockheads simply can't understand something so simple, to paraphrase Arsene Wenger, "It is either they are mentally deficient or just plain malicious".

A combination of the two is clearly a lethal combination.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TippyTop(m): 2:10am On Mar 16, 2010
@ogajim
OP had his visa application denied or something?

I don't associate with people of your ilk in my every day business, but am  making an exception today.
Me jealous of your monkey azz? I've lived in the UK for nearly 20yrs f.o.o.l.
I travel most European cities monthly, have business concerns in the US, in short am the geezer you dream of in your fantasy. Your silly azz couldn't decipher my gripe is with those trumpeting war/separation as a solution to all are problems.
Your silly azz didn't see this in my post "For those dolts living abroad who constantly advocate wars, come home and fight, you losers."

@duduspace

Again if you'd bothered to read my post you'd have seen this "For those dolts living abroad who constantly advocate wars, come home and fight, you losers."
Who's silly now?

healthy interest in the development of your place of birth to war mongering
Your silly azz has never heard of the phrase "constructive criticism". You're unable to decipher and unable to see the ominous drift to the unknown. Sorry but don't expect people like me to remain ambivalent when your ilk talk from their azz.

@davidylan

You're a religious nut and mired only in religiosity and prejudice. You hate Hausas cos they are Muslims, hate Palestinians cos they're are muslims. Anything Islam is anathema to you, hello Mr devil.
I hope you meet a prejudiced racist nut like your self one day.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bgees(m): 2:49am On Mar 16, 2010
peace out!!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by adeoflagos: 5:32am On Mar 16, 2010
I am not sure many of the respondents here are familiar with the issue.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 16, 2010
adeoflagos:

I am not sure many of the respondents here are familiar or aware of the daily frustrations of Nigerians in the diaspora. Let me educate you. This writer is not just any Nigerian roaming the street of Europe or North America.

Just imagine yourself after so many years in Nigeria you find yourseif in the West, and you become conscious of the reality that you don't need rocket scientists to build an organized society with all the basic requirements of life. You realized that the so-called developed "first-world" are inhabited by human like you who does not have some "super-human" capability. Do you know the strength of people coming/working together to acheive a common goal. Everyone add something, and that why Western countries are where they are now. A single person in the West does not make a whole. What you see today is a result of years of toiling. At this time there are people toiling and working to advance things or solve basic human problems. Until we redirect our mind to face the real challenges once we deal with the issue of corruption. Have you ever wondered how much effort it took to come up with the computer you are now using. Have you really questioned anything? If you like, break Nigeria into hundred parts, all those parts or sections are doomed if individuals does not respect one another or place value on life.

I came to Canada without a penny. I was educated with Canadian money up to the highest degree possible. Canadians were not sayng that I couldn't benefit from their system because I was not an 'original" Canadian. I think a lot of Nigerians are sick in the head to a large extent. They believe practicing tribalism empowers them or would solve their problem. Will tribalism or breaking up Nigeria eradicate corruption? Is that not what you believe?

Many diasporans placed their hope on Nigeria; they are hoping to come home to start businesses. But there may be few who for myopic reasons may be interested in pursuing wars, but definitely not many. Come join our gathering, we talk about Nigeria from "morning till night". Last year I came home to organize a conference with a team of scientist from here; I lost money because I simply want to help share knowledge with Nigerians like myself. So, I think many people have to correct the wrong impression that diasporan Nigerians want war. The question is why would they?

@ bolded
*death* +1

What gatherings? Where? Is is nationally recognized?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by joeyfire(m): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2010
@ TIPPY TOP

I can agree with the logic but factually i cant agree that anybody abroad with parents and family in nigeria would want war to come to his/her family just to stay on wherever they are. Maybe you're confusing calls for secession with calls for war. A call for secession though undesirable by most people should be analysed on its merit or lack of. Nigeria is in a precarious position, even more than it was during the june 12 issue. The danger is not secession but a much much more serious threat of anarchy and implosion that may lead to what we only see in our nightmares. God forbid but we have to look critically at the signs of our times and comment objectively.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ogajim(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2010
Tippy Top:

@ogajim
I don't associate with people of your ilk in my every day business, but am  making an exception today.
Me jealous of your monkey azz? I've lived in the UK for nearly 20yrs f.o.o.l.
I travel most European cities monthly, have business concerns in the US, in short am the geezer you dream of in your fantasy. Your silly azz couldn't decipher my gripe is with those trumpeting war/separation as a solution to all are problems.
Your silly azz didn't see this in my post "For those dolts living abroad who constantly advocate wars, come home and fight, you losers."

## Dude, put the bottle down!

" Don't argue with an IDIOT, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, " that sums up what I think of OP.
I don't care if you've lived in Peckham for over 20 years as it doesn't come with any expiration date or guarantee that you still might not be a fool after all those years, it is hard to be objective when you're drunk as seems to be the case here. I might not spend too much time on NL or else I would have come across the war drums of the so called diasporans but you seem to have seen it but somehow can't seem to publish the thread.

Your "business" in the US remains just that YOURS and has no VALUE to me, why in the World would I fantasize about another guy gay? Slow your roll dude and get some education because you seem to need it after "20 years in the UK" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by dinggle: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
If we came home, who will report the injustice in the war?, if F.G uses starvation technics who will report to U.N and super power nations? who will help to press for sanction against the evil F.G? this is why Africans can never do anything good.

Them tell una say na all Americans smart?, Abi na all Americans dey make yankee great. Why una want make all Nigerians fight war and die together? Enter yankee make u see people when iya alakara get brain pass! If F.G use biological weapon wipe una finish na wish blood dem go take re-breed Nigerians yeye people wen no dey think well.
I beg let d battle begin, If u dey naija now, na ur luck take am say na so God want am after all hausa man say Allah-gali.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by shilling(f): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2010
This is the prevailing mentality in the former South-Eastern region of Nigeria.

Growing up in PH, all our elders used to talk about how good it would be if the South could seperate from the North.

Are those elders also living in the diaspora?

True. . . it's what almost everyone talks about whenever I visit home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / Finally, Ohaneze Ndigbo Backs Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / How INEC Can Tackle ‘PVC Buying’ In General Elections — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.