Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,810 members, 7,886,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (25774 Views)

80 Legends Of Nairaland : 2005 - 2013 / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Bombshell ! Girl Of 18 Slept With Over 50 Men ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by lalaboi(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2010
Una misss out nana. . . . chei!. . . abomination!! grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by nana(f): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2010
Abomination ko,abomicountry ni cheesy

How u dey?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by lalaboi(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2010
maami. . . Am kwool like kuli kuli. . . na cos u no dey show this arena wella dem forget ya name. . Na abomicountry indeed!! lol
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by nana(f): 10:35am On Mar 30, 2010
Nice one jare. Me prefer to dey look/read.I too lazy to dey put down comment
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by nellaluv(f): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2010
How come lalaboi nominated himself and he was considered, what about eldee? Even ofokaofoki and javalove, eh? I'm talking to u tongue
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by lalaboi(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2010
nellaluv:

How come lalaboi nominated himself and he was considered, what about eldee? Even ofokaofoki and javalove, eh? I'm talking to u tongue

I didnt nominate myself na. . .

I just had to let these guyz knw say i don tey for hia! grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by nellaluv(f): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2010
It's true sha,if u hadn't shown when u did the music section would've been totally ignored and nobody from the phone and fashion section na wa o. Tpia, at least becoomerich maps are legendary but tpia is just an enlightened version of mamagee,lol.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by lalaboi(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2010
Which mama gee??. . , d one wey dey chat puroro on everypost lol. .
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by dollz(f): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2010
angry angry angryJEEZ UNA DEY BEEF CAR DEALERS NOBODY FROM THE AUTO SECTION shocked shocked shocked
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mystikal(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
MohawkChic

Davidylan

Mukina

Sauron and his host of aliases

Snazzydawn

Eldee

Netotse

Loverbwoi

Rasputinn

Dayokanu

Ebony9ja

bibiking1

Frankiriri

easimoni

Windywendy

Pennywise,  

at the top of my head.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by firestar(f): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
*sighs*
This should moved to the jokes section. . . Its too funny.
'Ruptured carotid artery of the mouth'{:-words shooting at such high velocity that's its nearly impossible to stop unless proper skills are rightly applied-} holds sway.

Now, that LEGEND.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Ghredon(f): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
is not fair why my name is not there
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by ayobase(m): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
And where are the winners?
Any banquet?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by africanboy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
hmm, kinda interesting topic. the list of names brings back the memories of when i truly enjoyed nairaland.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
COMING SOON:
Interview with the NL Legends

The following will be posted shortly;

1, Ajanlekoko
2, Aisha 2
3, TKB417
4, Orikinla

Stay Tuned
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Chongaiman: 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
Where is that irrepressible & incorrigible NLer with Hausa name whose posts are usually interspersed with 'wallahi' etc? Usually active in 'anti-North' threads. He has that capacity to make one laugh even in serious threads.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Ibime(m): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
A true legend is one who abnegates himself of legend status. cool
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ibime:

because den don hail u no mean say make u come dey spew grammar
gerrout of here
otondo
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
Chongaiman:

Where is that irrepressible & incorrigible NLer with Hausa name whose posts are usually interspersed with 'wallahi' etc? Usually active in 'anti-North' threads. He has that capacity to make one laugh even in serious threads.
Auwal87, Muza or Mai Suya?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by clemcykul(f): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
48, Clemcykul:: It is never by the number of posts, otherwise somebody like Loma would not have made the list, but with 24 posts per day, 90% of which are in one section(Jokes), [b]Clemcykul deserves a look. Welcome Clemcykul to NL list of emerging legends.[/b]

this comment sounds as if a favour is been accorded to me of which i object.
i appreciate the nomination. i dont clamour for recognition or honor, but i feel honored to be nominated.

my posts in the jokes forum is voluminous, the reason is this, i enjoy and have more fun there and that explains the bulky posts.

i look forward to the interview.

good job jaurus cool
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
A true legend is one who abnegates himself of legend status.

And integrates the contrapositive of the lagrangian multiplier when superimposed in the x-domain of the finite difference using the Euler Cauchy method
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
this comment sounds as if a favour is been accorded to me of which i object.
Quote seems misinterpreted.
No, I was only stating the fact that your number of posts in one section is legendary, hardly matched, but tried to add that it is not by number of posts only, or else everybody with 5000+ posts will easily be on the list.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
dayokanu:

And integrates the contrapositive of the lagrangian multiplier when superimposed in the x-domain of the finite difference using the Euler Cauchy method
Talking mathematically, Ibime's primary domain grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ibime:

Bros, I disagree o

Think of Maradona, who even went ahead to claim he should not be paired with Pele as Greatest Footballer of the century, but only one person should be named.
That doesn't strip him of his legend status even as he attributes and confirms himself to be one. So a legend not necessarily abnegates himself of teh status before he is one.

You are a legend, Ibime, and many people say you are  grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
Let's set the interview rolling:   

DAVIDYLAN

1, Kindly introduce yourself?

I’m David (yeah its my real name), born to Yoruba/igbo parents in Abeokuta so I technically consider myself yoruba. I’m the first of 3 guys, generally more laid back than my online personae may suggest. I love science, music, reading, writing, tennis, soccer, women and the outdoors. Surprisingly, I rarely argue outside of NL.

I used to love blogging . . . got tired of it after a while.

2, How did you join NL?

Nov 20, 2005 I think. I was heading to the airport that morning but I had to search for something online. I stumbled on an interesting discussion on NL via google and I was totally hooked.

3, Do you agree with our list of NL legends or you have suggestions or something to chip in? Or to you, who is the greatest Nairalander of all time?

I think the list is good. Understandably a lot of people are quite upset by not being on it but heck, you really cant please everyone. Those I would have chosen are no longer on the forum . . . 2005-2006 set of NLders for me were the best ever. I doubt those people can be replaced. I used to remember almost everyone on the politics section had highly informative and active blogs then. That was were I met ijebuman, chxta, (I think Jeremy Wheate was on at some point), ono, bagoma (she used to be active on sports too) and so many too numerous to mention. On the religion section there used to be Nferyn, elbaron, the irreverent reverend, shango, pilgrim1 . . . wow nostalgia!

4, Who is/are your favourite Nairalander(s)?

Today they would be - Noetic16, osisi, Stillwater (she steadfastly refuses to marry me), DayoKanu, Ibime, Sagamite and preselect.

5, What is your assessment of NL as the forum clocks 5?

A shadow of what it used to be.

6, What do you enjoy about NL and how addicted are you to NL?

I’m no longer addicted to it. I go entire weeks without logging on and I don’t feel like I missed anything. Gone are the days you just HAD to log on if you wanted to stay abreast of current events or enjoy some stimulating debate. Now its chockfull of little kids with unrestricted access to the internet.

7, How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real lief activities? Do people around you know you are a a member of NL?

I do both quite effectively. I only log on to NL when I’m at work and bored. Once I leave work, NL ceases to exist. None of my real life friends know I’m a member and I’d rather keep it that way.

8, What is the most useful info or knowledge you've gotten from Nairaland? Or better still is there any special thread that has impacted in your life?

I think my most favorite thread to date has to be the Israel/Palestine thread with the notorious Afam! We must have gone beyond 50 pages debating that issue. The politics section also helps me obtain vital information about Nigeria without having to browse through tons of newspapers.

9, Which section do you like most?

Religion

10, As an old Nairalander, i.e 2005-2007 sets, what period on Nairaland do you enjoy most? Or better stillm, comapre NL of today with NL of 3, 4 years

2005-2006!

Comparing that set to the present set would be like comparing a graduate student to kindergarten kids. No pun intended.

DAVIDYLAN EXTRA

Things I enjoyed on NL
– The ability to flirt anonymously and without shame! The thread on snazzydown’s invisible kitchen, the chic (papermoon) that died and had her obituary on the first page . . . there must have been pages and pages of “condolences” before anyone realized it didn’t exist. The first NINs vs. NIDs thread . . .

Things I regretted doing
– The downright nasty fights. Those are the one thing I wish I could take back but too late. Quite funny lesleen and I turned out good friends in the end. I guess all’s well that ends well sometimes eh?

Chics I honestly fell for
– Toyinrayo. Noisy and annoying sometimes but a really really really good girl!

Peeps I dislike the most
– None really. Its water off a ducks back for me.

Folks I’d like to meet
– Dayokanu, noetic16, Sauron, tkb (I think we know each other personally but not so sure), debosky.

Worst day on nairaland – The day I had the argument with Pataki. My school/dept mate for 4 yrs.

As much as an online personae isn’t really a reflection of who you are in real life, there is no divorcing myself from the fact that NL has been a good part of my life for so many yrs. It has gotten me through the boring and most difficult parts of my life as a graduate student. I can feel the end of my affiliation here drawing much closer . . . this yr is probably going to be my last . . . there will be folks who will be missed, friendships that will be cherished and memories that will never be forgotten. For all of its flaws, NL remains one of the best innovations from a Nigerian that has impacted my life. Bravo to Seun and all those who have made this forum so much fun . . . and to Mukina2, my own very defender on the dreaded mods panel!

STAR QUOTE:
********"I can feel the end of my affiliation here drawing much closer . . . this yr is probably going to be my last . . . there will be folks who will be missed, friendships that will be cherished and memories that will never be forgotten"**********
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
AJANLEKOKO

1, Kindly introduce yourself

I'm AjanleKoko (internet moniker), I'm in my mid-thirties exactly, Yoruba, Nigerian based in Nigeria. Let's leave it at that for now.

2, How did you join NL?

Actually I have been active on a few Nigerian Internet forums in the past, between 2000-2004. I stumbled on Nairaland in 2006, but I really did not have that much time, until I changed jobs in 2008. It was a promotion of sorts, so I was a little less busy. Hence my starting to post in 2008.

3, Do you agree with our list of NL legends or you have suggestions or something to chip in? Or to you, who is the greatest Nairalander of all time?

If you ask me, I think it is premature right now to choose someone as a 'greatest nairalander of all time'. What you guys did in December was cool, though, recognizing various people who post in different sections. We as Nigerians seem to take these things serious, always looking for accolades. I think maybe not now. Best you can do now is what you've done already, create some sort of 'Hall of Fame', and 'induct' a select number of popular members. Then leave it at that. But no 'greatest of all time'. Sounds crass.

I would say my most fav would be debosky. He is very active in every section, and has something to say about everything. He is also well-mannered and smart without being an egotist, I think.

It's a good forum, came at the right time, and can only get better. I think more needs to be done to increase the credibility and usability of Nairaland as a site by Nigerians, for Nigerians. I practically use Facebook like a email and collaboration tool these days. I chat with people, send and receive mail, etc. Nairaland should look at adding more widgets to increase the utility, and also expand the scope of content allowed.Give people the tools to make them use the site more effectively.

I just like the conversations, talking about real everyday stuff that affects everybody, not just politics. I am not particularly a big fan of talking Nigeria politics, by the way. In every section, always something useful to learn in NL.

7, How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real lief activities? Do people around you knwo you are a a member of NL?

Yes to the second and third questions. My hobby, as well as present career pursuit is the Internet, so I spend a lot of time on NL anyways. It is one of my three most visited sites, asides FB and Gmail.

8, What is the most useful info or knowledge you've gotten from Nairaland? Or better still is there any special thread that has impacted in your life?

As per impacting on my life, I would say none yet. But the thread that actually got me posting on NL was the 'Which Way NLNG' thread on the Jobs section. It was a story of many people's lives,hopes, dreams, how they were all supporting each other, looking out for each other, and trying to make sure the guys who did not make it to NLNG didn't feel bad about themselves, or lose hope in themselves. kuwena, opoks, etc. You could learn a lot about those people just by reading that thread. If I was a writer, I would make a novel out of it.

Career, obviously. I am developing an interest in Travel/tourism nowadays. Personally I think Nigerians should get out more, and see the world. It will help us a lot in our personal journeys.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
ORIKINLA

My real name is Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, and my pen name is Orikinla Osinachi.

I am the author of four books and other published articles. I am 47. I work as a Media Consultant for Supple magazine in Lagos, and I am the Founder/Festival Director of Eko International Film Festival.

2, How did you join NL?

I joined Nairaland in 2005.

Seun the creator and owner is the greatest Nairalander of all time. 

I believe from the popularity of threads, I should be among the first three most popular members. Let the page views and replies be used to judge the most popular.

Hot Angel and others.

It is a Nigerian phenomenon on the Internet. I regard Nairaland as being more important to Nigeria than Facebook.

Nairaland is the hub of the Nigerian universe on the Internet. I visit it daily and I enjoy it more than Nigerian newspapers.

7, How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real life activities? Do people around you know you are a a member of NL?

I have the largest Nigerian online news and information media of over 28 blogs and websites. So, monitoring news and information on Nairaland is part of my work.

8, What is the most useful info or knowledge you've gotten from Nairaland? Or better still, is there any special thread that has impacted in your life?

The discussion boards on Literature and Romance have done positive things for me online and offline.

The Literature section.

10, As an old Nairalander, i.e 2005-2007 sets, what period on Nairaland do you enjoy most? Or better stillm, comapre NL of today with NL of 3, 4 years

The golden years of Nairaland were between 2005 and 2007.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2010
Replaced with Star Quote feature
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eldee(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
Jarus:

REVELATIONS FROM THE INTERVIEWS(SO FAR)
1, Davidylan quitting

Nah . . . the revelation is the fact that he actually hated the fight with Pataki.
That day was a different side from both of em to most NLers.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
AISHA2

My name is Aishatu, I am a Social worker by training, 26yrs old currently run Laraba Shown Foundation,.an NGO, solely concerned with Care and Support of Orphaned and Vulnerable Children. visit www.lsfnigeria.org

2, How did you join NL?

A friend Introduced me to Nairaland

I think its a fair representation. I think you(Jarus) should be on the list

You(Jarus), Jakumo, Mukina and texazzpete. I always look forward

I think there is an increase in quantity of people from 2005 to date but decline in quality of ideas, sanity, fun and sound minds.

I enjoy the Politcs sections, Family and have learnt a lot from the religious section too. Am not addicted, used to be but i outgrew my addiction, come here just when i want and when it is convinient for me

7, How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real life activities? Do people around you know you are a a member of NL?

LOL, Yes my whole family knows, I gist them about new developments here and recruit some of them. It's the fun part of my day. Most times when I'm laughing my family knows its something or someone on Nairaland

I think the family thread has thought me so much about love, patience and learning to understand people more. Then the response to Joshua and benjamins Illnesses have been my best times on Nairaland

Family/ Politics, can't decide. Family cos of the wise minds, politics cos of the fun, the tempes, diversity of ideas. Visit the political section more though, cos I have more experience there

10. As an old Nairalander, i.e 2005-2007 set, what period on Nairaland do you enjoy most? Or better stillm, comapre NL of today with NL of 3, 4 years

I prefer Nairaland of old, saner and smarter peeps.

Thanks for the opportunity, and thanks for the nomination, at least it seems my time here is not a waste.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
Is Becomrichh truly a human or robot?

Still trying to grab him for interview. . . .it's gonna be explosive. . .watch out!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / L / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.