Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,804 members, 7,886,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:37 AM

50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (25765 Views)

80 Legends Of Nairaland : 2005 - 2013 / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Bombshell ! Girl Of 18 Slept With Over 50 Men ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Jarus:

Spambot at work, obviously. And it is visible to me. I'll look into it.
Ajanlekoko and clemykul's interviews are missing
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

No be today my broda! grin

who's the girl cheesy
what gurl?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
tkb417:

To think they are on this thread and visible to me, even as I type. Same for Lalaboi's
Anyway, I'll speak with the Admin and Super Mods to help restore them.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
IFYALWAYS

1, Can you introduce yourself?

My name is Ifeoma,married,mid twenties.

2, How did you join NL?

A very good friend introduced me first to Nigeria connected then to NL, funny enough both of us abandoned 9ja connected for NL. rofl

3, Do you agree with our list of NL legends or you have suggestions or something to chip in? Or to you, who is the greatest Nairalander of all time?

I expected to see ppl like lawyer,naijacutee, naijaking and mohawkchic on your list.T o be very frank, I wasnt expecting my name here.

4, Who is/are your favourite Nairalander(s)?

Lots ooh, first my husbands Jakumo,Dafur(Kisses),Ikomi,Romeo,presido1and Agaba then otokx,chaircover,lagosboy,naijacutee,Tpia,youngies,throttler,Kobojunkie,Toyosi,spoilt,sissy and omo ibo.

5, What is your assessment of NL as the forum clocks 5?

Hmmn, Seun's bank account is getting fatter,the mods are getting better,the spam bot is getting crazier while nairalanders are getting funnier.

6, What do you enjoy about NL and how addicted are you to NL?

Everything about NL is fun.The ppl and their pretence(s),the insults,the underground runs LOL,the good and bad advices given here daily

7, How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real life activities? Do people around you know you are a a member of NL?

No, NL ends in NL. Well, my husband knows I'm here and an old classmate, that's it.

8, What is the most useful info or knowledge you've gotten from Nairaland? Or better still is there any special thread that has impacted in your life?

Lots. Lots of ppl here,esp my numerous husbands have given me valuable advices,lessons and general knowledge abt life.i love iice,have learnt one or two things from her.

9, Your favourite sections?

Culture(posting),business and health(reading) and recently Islam for musilms section.

10, As an old Nairalander, i.e 2005-2007 sets, what period on Nairaland do you enjoy most? Or better still, compare NL of today with NL of 3, 4 years

It gets better and worse each day.rofl

STAR QUOTE:
*******Everything about NL is fun.The ppl and their pretence(s),the insults,the underground runs LOL,the good and bad advices given here daily******
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2010
tkb417:

what gurl?

lol! What a 'typical' answer! cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
All of you saying the best days were between 2005-2007, are you trying to insinuate people like us came to scatter Nairaland? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

And @ David, you say you fell for some girl and u want to marry someone else, better make up your mind. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
stillwater:

All of you saying the best days were between 2005-2007, are you trying to insinuate people like us came to scatter Nairaland? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

And @ David, you say you fell for some girl and u want to marry someone else, better make up your mind. cheesy cheesy grin
i need to move permanently to the US

Ujujoan:

lol! What a 'typical' answer! cheesy
babes, im lost
oya talk na. oya whisper it into ma ears
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by spikedcylinder: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
stillwater:

No vex. cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
tkb417:

i need to move permanently to the US

Abeg o stay where you are. Your reputation precedes you. cheesy cheesy

spikedcylinder:

No vex. cheesy

I just checked my profile and I came in 2007 sef even if it was late. grin I try abeg. grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mbulela: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
SPIKEY's star quote is the most insightful comment i have seen on this thread (an there are lots of insightful stuff,here).
I have to diversify my interests on this site if i hope to stay much longer.
Find sections where passion and reason do not have regular clashes and reason always comes off second best.

Suraj, well done.You try well well.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
stillwater:

pele you shld have come earlier. grin

stillwater:

I've made up my mind o, see me in private for that. smiley
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
stillwater:

Abeg o stay where you are. Your reputation precedes you. cheesy cheesy
what reputation?
see this babe

u dey believe film tricks and make believes; na u sabi
USA here i come cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
tkb417:

what reputation?
see this babe

u dey believe film tricks and make believes; na u sabi
USA here i come cheesy

to do what? grin Abeg stay for house . . . stillwater wont see you.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
Watch out, as Seun answers these questions:

1, Kindly introduce yourself?

2, How did you come about the idea of NL?

3, How will you assess NL? Did you envision it being Nigeria's largest forum when you started?

4, What is your plans and vision for NL in the near and distant future?

5, Aside NL, are you into any other business or enterprise?

6, There was a time you were running nairalist, a sister site to NL, where is it now?

7, Many people joined NL through the Jobs/vacancy window. 3, 4 years ago, NL jobs section used to be the destination of many job seekers, with many people confessing their getting job through NL. But the section seems to be losing its steam, what is responsible for this and what are you doing to restore it?

8, You are always a subject of insult from many Nairalanders, how do you manage this? Or better still, many Nairalanders have accused you of dictatorial tendency, what do you have to say on this?

9, There was a recent report that NL is worth N44million, do you agree with this rating?

10, What is your idea of a good forum member?

11, Do you agree with our list of NL legends? Or is there any comment you wish to make on it?

12, Do people around you know you are the brain behind the forum NL? Do people come across you in real life, and maybe seeing your name, say 'hey, so you are the Seun Osewa of NL!'?

13, As NL clocks 5, what message do you have for all members

Stay tuned
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
TWINSTAIYE

1. Kindly introduce yourself

My name is Taiye Suleiman

2. How did you join NL?

I was searching for something on Mobile Phones and I came about the former Nairaland site i.e http://www.mobilenigeria.com before it was merged with Nairaland. I can't remember vividly now, but I think I registered with the former site before it was merged with nairaland.

3. Do you agree with our list of NL legends or you have suggestions or something to chip in? Or to you, who is the greatest Nairalander of all time?

It is not an easy job to come up with the list, I think you did a great job

4. Who is/are your favourite Nairalander(s)?

Mukina2, George_D,

5. What is your assessment of NL as the forum clocks 5?

It is being a rewarding experience.

6. What do you enjoy about NL and how addicted are you to NL?

The free information flow is what I enjoy about Nairaland and I am addicted as much as not visiting in a day is like I am kept incommunicado

7. How do you juggle between NL and your real life activities? Do you quote NL in your real life activities? Do people around you know you are a member of NL?

Since I am equipped with internet ready Desktop in my office, I have time to moderate Nairaland even while at work, and when I get home, I must log in to Nairaland before going to bed. Yes, I do quote nairaland in my daily life and the people around me sure know I visit nairaland.

8. What is the most useful info or knowledge you've gotten from Nairaland? Or better still is there any special thread that has impacted in your life?

Free to Air satellite Television is the best knowledge I acquired from Nairaland. What most people don’t know is that, what DSTV, HITV give out for big money can be gotten free on Satellite. That is what FTA is all about.

9. Which section do you like most?

TV/Movies Section

10. If you are an old Nairalander, i.e 2005-2007 sets, what period on Nairaland do you enjoy most? Or better still, compare NL of today with NL of 3, 4 years.

I still enjoy the old years. People of high intellect and will have visited nairaland and gone. There are those who think Seun did not handle it well and left. But for people like me who migrated from another website to Nairaland, I know he is handling nairaland well.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mbulela: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2010
tkb417:

Mods help us with this interview.
still can't see it.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by backlash09: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
Thank goodness topic heading changed from "legends" to "greatest". Though even the latter word is pushing it a bit. Why not just name the topic, "Nairaland's Favourite/Best Members Of All Time." That would be more realistic and eye-catching tongue.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by shilling(f): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
@ Jarus: Great job!!!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mamagee3(f): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2010
^^Guys, keep this thread rolling . . .Post your list/opinions. grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by shilling(f): 6:08am On Apr 02, 2010
Debosky
Spikedcylinder
Iice
Lalaboi

PS: mohawkchic ought to be on that list.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by sley4life(m): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2010
politics in the nomination
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Gilbertman(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
@Jarus.A+++ posting this one is.Very informative and inspiring for newcomers like me.I just chanced on Nl not long ago,and at 1st it was the humorous sides of the comentators that got to me, then gradually I'm getting hooked.Your posting 's like a summary/brief on NL, inception to date.Thanks so much.I will need go and check those people's contribution now,just to learn.We got brains in and outside Nigeria you know.By the way, why not Jarus?Ok I am nominating you for all your efforts both hidden and revealed for the cause/course that is Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole.Now I was reading an article, I believe i's here somewhere (Autos)about shipping to Nigeria etc,and this guy Jidody among others did a great job there.Just reading through the response was an enough class and how to do for me.Check him out too.I believe you have master access to all NLs.
God bless you all.Let's keep the dream and hope alive.We will get there, crawling or walking,as God liveth.Amen
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Gilbertman(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2010
@Jarus, I believe you are noting the original person(s) that posted the articles that the nominees you are interviewing says made/is making impact on them? Biggjoe(the free to air Satellite Tv),these are NL "philanthropist(s)" of noteworthy.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by backlash09: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
One of the few NLanders that I respect and admire (now that we are on the topic) is mohawkchic. I've never seen her say a bad word to/about anybody, her contributions are not just cut-and-paste from the internet but very creative and authentic. Her sweet, lively character is commendable and she's one of the few "greats" of NL. Silent but sweet.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mbulela: 6:17am On Apr 03, 2010
I probably will not have the time to do a proper top ten list but i will mention a few NLers whose comments and contributions i have found insightful in my short stay here.

1. Ibime - i have said enough already in previous posts on this thread.
2. Jarus - i seem to attack him at every possible turn but i am a secret admirer (no homo feelings o!).He makes his comments with passion,candour and always without malice.The same passion has brought to the development of this thread.His views are often well thought out and always insightful.
3. Lalaboi - my favourite mod on this site.He is an encyclopedia in Nigerian music (i just hope copyright enforcers do not catch him one day!).Manages to keep the peace in an emotional section like the music section.very insightful lover of Nigerian music,in particular.
4. Ajanlekoko - Another matured contributor.I have followed his comments on the career, politics and even sports sections.As volatile as those sections can be, he manages to keep his cool, eschews cheap insults and always manages to make his point intelligently.
From his comments on the career section, he is one person i suspect i know in person but for certain internet rules of miine, i can't confirm that suspicion.
5. tkb417 - You can tell he is a man of class from the club he supports  wink .His comments reflect that class.
6. Davidylan - i first got attracted to this guy's comments based on his Christian views, then i discovered his whoring tendencies.
Guy, i bow for you.Nothing do you o!

There are many more but i don tire.these 5 don do.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 10:25am On Apr 03, 2010
@Davidylan
Don't put your mouth in this matter
Must you and Sauron take all that is good?

@Stillwater
I am on my way to the embassy
I hope they won't muttalab my passport
LOL!!!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2010
Hmmm. . . liked spikedcylinder's and Twinstaiye's interview the most.

Btw. . .me thinks Holyeye should have made the list of legends. His thread 'My $e.x Diary' was the only reason I used to visit the Sexuality section. I admired him for his great story telling ability, writing style and his mature response to peeps who dissed him on that thread. The funniest post I have read on Nairaland was also from that thread. . . .the poster read sotey him shout 'Ouch! My D!iK hurts'. I laughed so hard tears came outta my eyes.  grin tongue It was also a reference point when I met some guys offline who were not members of Nairaland but regular visitors and when they found out I was a member, the first question they asked me was 'do you know holyeye'? I just love that guy. . .Sexuality hasn't been the same since he stopped posting his sexcapades grin tongue
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by daffur: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2010
mbulela:

I probably will not have the time to do a proper top ten list but i will mention a few NLers whose comments and contributions i have found insightful in my short stay here.

1. Ibime - i have said enough already in previous posts on this thread.
2. Jarus - i seem to attack him at every possible turn but i am a secret admirer (no homo feelings o!).He makes his comments with passion,candour and always without malice.The same passion has brought to the development of this thread.His views are often well thought out and always insightful.
3. Lalaboi - my favourite mod on this site.He is an encyclopedia in Nigerian music (i just hope copyright enforcers do not catch him one day!).Manages to keep the peace in an emotional section like the music section.very insightful lover of Nigerian music,in particular.
4. Ajanlekoko - Another matured contributor.I have followed his comments on the career, politics and even sports sections.As volatile as those sections can be, he manages to keep his cool, eschews cheap insults and always manages to make his point intelligently.
From his comments on the career section, he is one person i suspect i know in person but for certain internet rules of miine, i can't confirm that suspicion.
5. tkb417 - You can tell he is a man of class from the club he supports  wink .His comments reflect that class.
6. Davidylan - i first got attracted to this guy's comments based on his Christian views, then i discovered his whoring tendencies.
Guy, i bow for you.Nothing do you o!

6. daffur. above all Our Grand Patron without whom we cnt but thank God for his fatherlike gestures. Your eminence thank you for the support
There are many more but i don tire.these 6 don do.

am flattered. Thanx sha
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mbulela: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
na joke be that?
you no dey that eminent list o!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by CrudeOil2(m): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2010
Whats the basic essence of this gonzo thread?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by doyin13(m): 1:25pm On Apr 04, 2010
I am protesting o. . . .

How comes I am at no.50

It seems I was an afterthought, only
included to complete the list.
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
doyin13:

I am protesting o. . . .

How comes I am at no.50

It seems I was an afterthought, only
included to complete the list.
angry angry angry angry angry angry

It was not in any order. Everybody in the same category has equal chance of occupying any spot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / L / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.