Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,665 members, 7,941,559 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (15108 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
Abeg, make we hear word oo, stop derailing the thread, make ppl tell us their minds

thanks
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dezzygal(f): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
i left Nigeria to hv a better education and life.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by benz190: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
i left to go after g.bush daughter~
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by NobiGod: 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left to escape the grip of poverty, as they say u r a poor man if ppl (relatives mostly) around is suffering.
By myself, I was living fly but couldn't help everyone.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by pappilo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left Nigeria because of three things; Security, security and security.

Having being a victim of home invasion by men of the underworld three times in 6 months and seeing my dads head busted with the butt of a gun, Thank God for the mans life, he is blind in one eye becuase of that attack. I became very paranoid and couldnt sleep at night and was always scared. I was a lazy type when it came to education but I knew the only chance I had for settling legally for obodo oyinbo was by going as a student. Na so man apply for masters and left the damn country. I have been back thrice since I left and it was because I had no option but to go back on those occassions otherwise that country for no smell my butt. I dont miss the country one bit but I always check up on whats going on over there on forums like Niaraland since I still got family over there.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by omega25red(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left because my mother had moved here in the 80's and wanted me and my siblings to come stay with her.

When i left the deperation to leave had not yet boiled over because schools were still somewhat good and the university strikes had really just began.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Amigoz(f): 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
I had a passion for nursing and my parents and I decided it was best to gain the skills and qualification overseas kiss so I grabbed ma pali and here I am cool

RIPP Papa cry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
[size=14pt]And we are about to vote the man who made the greatest voluntary migration of Blacks to the western world back to office.

Obviously with Boko-Haram still waiting in the wings to resume their own campaign having seen how the Jos Rwanda style killings has been successful,  I suspect by the time IBB is through with us this second time, the population will be down to 60 million
.[/size]
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 2:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left Nigeria to have a better education and to explore other opportunities
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by boyt1: 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
Papa wanted me to join the Army like him  by all means, so  i escaped to London stayed 6 years. he followed me around . i moved to  Germany 5 years he came over, then finally to Southern Cali in Yankee 12 years,  then he gave up. Today, he is proud of his only Son for making it alone without Papa. cool smiley smiley
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by VPG: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left because my grandmother died and there is no one to take care of my sister and I in Nigeria.  My grandma was my everything then, so when she died everything about Nigeria to me died with her. cry cry cry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
^^ Pele  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
I didn't know it would touch a raw nerve, epkele.

Which raw nerve? Olodo 2000.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
tanimz:

I left Nigeria to have a better education and to explore other opportunities
u ke? when did you leave?
tot u were in Ijebu (my home town) grin grin

stillwater:

Which raw nerve? Olodo 2000.
u left cos of NEPA? lol
maybe i'll leave cos of mosquitoes grin grin grin

what? i cant leave 9ja anymore except to go play
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

u ke? when did you leave?
tot u were in Ijebu (my home town) grin grin

LOL grin grin grin

You's a clown grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

u left cos of NEPA? lol
maybe i'll leave cos of mosquitoes grin grin grin

Classic grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
Topic.
To buy quality soup ingredients.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 2:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
brein:

Topic.

You left Nigeria just to buy soup ingredient?

You're hilarious!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by busybody20: 2:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
I left because of One chance  grin & too much of heat  grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by busybody20: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
brein:

Topic.

That got me rolling on the floor. . . . haha LOL grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Fisay(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
Stepping out of Nigeria exposes to many good things to compare with what we have back home. The experience I gained from being outside of Nigeria has inculcated in me how to genuinely fix few things that are wrong with our nation. VIZ-
1) Leadership (Not Rulers)
2) Identity
3) Power
4) Rail network (Every state Must be Connected)
If the above structures are genuinely in place, I bet it Nigeria Embassies and High Commissions would be the most busiest in the world, attending to visa applicants. Within few years of these infrastructures in place, unemployment will be reduced to the barest minimal, and so many guys who are into yahoo stuff will drop tool and take into more viable and dignifies trade. Nigerian are creative and can bring out water from rock if given the tools.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by 2CatWoman: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
I was born in the UK and apart from 6 years during late 70s/early 80s, I've never been back. My dad always said he would go back when he retired but as things have gone so far backward over there and he is now in his 80s I don't thing this will ever happen. cry

I loved living in Nigeria for those brief years. It gave me the cultural perspective that one can never get living in a foreign country (Black History Month, YUK).
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by richjohn1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
I know se dem go tear me, make una stay where-ever una wan stay O, keep fooling yourself in another man's country you think they are fools, and you folks think its only england av being to? well we aren't here to boast. I repeat home is the best place and in my travels I found out there are no 'comfortable' places on earth. I prefer to be a first class citizen than to be look down upon because am running away because of education and nepa grin Na today! abeg lets hear word dishwashers and nannies grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
I leave Nigeria to get better and quality education some-where else.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
we started planning to leave when it became apparent Abacha wanted to rule forever

moved back to Naija last year with our kids

moving back abroad soon

I guess a lot of returnees like yourself are making a big U-turn, I have started seeing people who I knew went back for good back in England. You are welcome back.

This is the darkest hour in Nigeria history those killing are so distraughtly
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
I am thinking of trekking to cape Verde, when i do that, i will tell you all why i left.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
Reasons why in left Nigeria

Political instability
Nepa palawa
Arm robbery palava
Most of my family is overseas
Good masters education
Better paid Job.
419niers, e.t.c
And a lot more that you no,

What i miss in Nigeria

Great weather
 My old buddies
 Nigerian food(Natural state)
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

I am thinking of trekking to cape Verde, when i do that, i will tell you all why i left.

Lol
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by NobiGod: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2010

I pray arm robbers won't make u change ur mind. Less I forget,
u r a cat with 9 lifes, remember?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lol

why u dey laugh abi u no wan make i come join u?

i can see, u want someone wey go still dey naija dey show u pix of roads abi? tongue
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
NobiGod:

I pray arm robbers won't make u change your mind. Less I forget,
u r a cat with 9 lifes, remember?
lol!!!!

maybe i'll get some bodyguards cheesy cheesy

vc online:

I leave Nigeria to get better and quality education some-where else.
ah!! where did you travel to for your education? definitely not UK
na somalia cos ur english never improve. u for stay for Nigeria complete ur edu o cos i never see any difference grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ita Enang: FG To Revamp Abandoned Fishing Terminals In Akwa Ibom / We Don't Want To Arrest INEC Chairman - DSS Spokesman, Afunanya / Tinubu Suspends 5% Telecoms Tax, Defers Finance Act To Sept 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.