Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,993 members, 7,915,913 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement (12161 Views)

Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks / Morocco 'Recalls' Ambassador To Nigeria, Says Nigeria Lied / Moroco Recalls Ambassador In Nigeria Over Presidency Unethical Practices-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ikechukwu9: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
This David Mark guy, which of the two names is the surname? Oh, his father's last name is Mark, Grandfather's is Mark and so on and so forth, don't anyone else see this or is it just me?

Imagine reading a front page story in the New York Times or UK Sun, "DAVID MARK CALLS GHADDIFI A MAD MAN", seriously, how many of you would think that the David Mark would be a Nigerian without reading down the full story!!!

To me, he is more of a mad man than Gaddafi, what kind of Nigerian dissolves their names (heritage) and adopt a foreign name both first and last; does being Mr. Mark make him more qualified? As it's becoming the norm in Nigeria, some say it's flashy and makes him a better Christian or as my friends down there usually put it, "We are a British colony so we bear British names" lolololololol!!!!

That sure is funny, however ignorant!!!!!!

To the point, Gaddifi has no right given his position as a president of an independent country and a friend to Nigeria (based on the AU's quota) to say what he said, that's meddling into another country's internal affairs. Gaddafi has had some good spells at voicing out his controversial opinion in the past, so we shouldn't be surprised; he just says it as it is, I VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED A SPLIT OFF!!!!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by 9jafreak: 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
[size=13pt]Who the he.ck is Gaddafi to dictate the Nigerian Polity?

For the records, we are still Africa's 2nd Richest Nation and Strongest Military State.

I'm sure he would like to divide the Black South Africans from the rest of the country too,

the idiotic posts on Nairaland about secession is made, check it, by folks mainly in the DIASPORA
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by monkeyleg: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2010
@9jafreak,

Please tell me, what is it that Gadaffi said that isnt true? In your ultimate wisdom, is Nigeria working as a country?, if so how?
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by blove1: 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
i think the best answer give to Gaddaffi is what the senate president as given to him really is a mad man.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by splashbaby(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
9jafreak:

For the records, we are still Africa's 2nd Richest Nation and Strongest Military State.

I'm sure he would like to divide the Black South Africans from the rest of the country too,

the idiotic posts on Nairaland about secession is made, check it, by folks mainly in the DIASPORA
[/size]
I wonder why the ANERICANS didnt kill him like saddam
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ModestSam(m): 3:32am On Mar 21, 2010
There's an adage that says, if someone insults you, ignore it, if you can't ignore it laugh it off, and if you can't laugh it off, then it's probably deserved.
Just think about this, and come to your own conclusion.

9jafreak:

[/size]

I'm really sorry to be the one to bring you out of your self delusion, Nigeria is not among the top ten richest African countries, while Libya is the 4th richest country in Africa. Just copy and paste this link into your browser, since you're too lazy to do your research.
My source: [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]http://www.aneki.com/countries.php?t=Richest_Countries_in_Africa&table=fb129&places=*&unit=*&order=desc&dependency=independent&number=5&cntdn=y&r=-88-89-90-91-92-93-95-96-97-98-99-100-101-102-103-95-97-98-93-111-112-96&c=africa&measures=Country--GDP%20per%20capita&units=*--$&decimals=*--*&file=africa_richest

It would be a waste of space replying to your comments, as you've shown yourself incapable of holding an intelligent discussion.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ikechukwu9: 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
[color=#990000]

Who the he.ck is Gaddafi to dictate the Nigerian Polity?

I'm really sorry to be the one to bring you out of your self delusion, Nigeria is not among the top ten richest African countries, while Libya is the 4th richest country in Africa. Just copy and paste this link into your browser, since you're too lazy to do your research.
My source: [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]http://www.aneki.com/countries.php?t=Richest_Countries_in_Africa&table=fb129&places=*&unit=*&order=desc&dependency=independent&number=5&cntdn=y&r=-88-89-90-91-92-93-95-96-97-98-99-100-101-102-103-95-97-98-93-111-112-96&c=africa&measures=Country--GDP%20per%20capita&units=*--$&decimals=*--*&file=africa_richest

It would be a waste of space replying to your comments, as you've shown yourself incapable of holding an intelligent discussion.
[/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][code][/code]
[/font][/font][/font]

In response to the above comments, I think the first guy actually meant that Nigeria has the 2nd largest economy in Africa. People mix Large economy and higher GDP a lot, it was a mistake from the guy, the sarcasm wasn't necessary in retaliation for a genuine mistake.

Even though Nigeria is not the 2nd largest economy in Africa, lots of Nigerians keep saying that they are second. They have not been in decades, are not like to be in a decade - PERIOD!!!

Links below:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=162830

http://www.clickafrique.com/Magazine/ST014/CP0000002788.aspx
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by cap28: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2010
what is wrong with what gadaffi said - since nigeria is incapable of moving forward as one nation common sense dictates that it would be better to partition it, can david mark and his cohorts boast of achieving 1/4 of what gadaffi did for his own country? at least libyans are not running around all over the world looking for permanent residence away from their country of origin, can any nigerian leader boast of acheiving any of what gadaffi achieved for his country, can any of them dream of standing up to the west the way gadaffi has done, gadaffi is the only african leader who has successfully received compensation from the west for colonialism, can these useless animals even dare bring up the topic of reparations to the west without being shouted down?
of course hopeless david mark would describe gadaffi as a mad man because the partitioning of nigerian between a muslim north and christian south will spell the end of the hausa fulani gravy train. Gadaffi is right these useless animals are wrong yet again.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by samcc30(m): 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
anyway there is nothing to worry about on nairaland because we all r just keyboard militant,
and Gaddafi will just be laughing at us because he had told us the truth if will like we take it or not and if we keep on insulting him, hmmmm that man will strike Nigeria with his remaining nuclear weapon.
so Nigerian'ssssssssssssssss  beware of Gaddafi its Africa lion

CAP22 @
tell them the truth do Gaddafi has America or British passport like our useless leader get for them self and their children.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by igboboy1(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2010
9jafreak:

[/size]
guy bone that one, na richest 2nd richest country and strongest military state we wan chop?

peopele dey die, hunger, corruption, jihadist everywhere and u are there telling me we get money pass most country for africa like that na beans, talk well
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by igboboy1(m): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2010
[size=14pt]im mama no born am well,

nigeria must not divide. All those of you who follow spill blood for naija to remain as one must not complain now, the only way i go support secession from anybody na unless dem sacrifiice one million of their people, apart from that make una enjoy nigeria cos i dey enjoy am. It is sealed in blood so stop complaining and reap the fruits off what your fathers fought for , Ogbanje

[/size]
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by splashbaby(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2010
cvibe:

Libya is a country just across the Mediterranean (like Lagos mainland to Lagos Island) from where you can see the bright lights of Spain.  Yet i have never heard that Libyans were caught or rescued trying to enter Spain as illegal immigrants on canoes.

He sure must be doing something right in his country not to be making her Citizens want to run to Spain.

He imprisoned them all!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Virgo83(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
Why calling upon the Ambassador is there anything he (the ambassador) can do to it. What is said as been stated; its now left to us a Nation to prove the Critics wrong.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Virgo83(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
I think Gaddafi's right,
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ipheanyi: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2010
Recalling of the Ambassador to Libya is arrant nonsense. This is because we all know that this country is divided. An outsider has decided to tell us the truth and those at the sit of power is crying fowl. How long do we continue killing innocent people for no just cause. We should have a re think. If this crisis is not religious war? what is the cause. If it is politically motivated, who are the architects?

It is in this same country that we are told the acting President will not context for 2011 election because he is not from the North. Already we are divided. The north and the South. We all know the major religious group predominant in this areas. So Nigerians let Gadaffi be. He is Just telling you the truth you know.

Good day
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by alias64: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
I just can't take it any more',  Gaddafi's translator 'collapsed with exhaustion' during his UN rant

Colonel Gaddafi's bizarre rant at the UN was met with yawns and disbelief by delegates.

But it was too much for the eccentric Libyan leader's translator who is said to have collapsed with exhaustion during the lengthy diatribe.

The beleaguered interpreter cried 'I just can’t take it any more,' into a live microphone in Arabic after 75 minutes of Gaddafi's ramblings.

He was replaced by the UN’s Arabic section chief, Rasha Ajalyaqeen, who translated the final 20 minutes of the speech.

You gotta be desperate to take this golllo seriously. grin grin

I recall , 'Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise' .

I think it was “legion” (for we are many) that came out of the mouth of madmen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's Federal Excuses Council - Reno Omokri / We'll Resist Removal Of INEC Boss, Fayose Tells Buhari / Killer Herdsmen Kill Zaki Terzungwe Anjua, Taraba Village Head & Two Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.