Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,370 members, 7,917,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 07:47 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4499860 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
ThaVluit:

Hahahaha Henry your ability to post 'facts' has been seriously curtailed over the past few weeks. Too much butthurt, I guess.

Enjoy your ban.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Henry120:

"What do you think?".

That's too upmarket for the NAF, you prefer Chinese grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hostermipo:

Chill Chill Guys, am a good guy . just wanna see you guys united on one thing and you did I.e you all wanted the continuity of this thread. I wish I could also contribute much but am kinda busy. nevertheless am still with you guys , one love guys.......we are Africans so let the discussion continue..........................................

The thing is, most of you(onlookers) take this sh1t too seriously. This is were the problem lies.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
ActivateKruger:

That's too upmarket for the NAF, you prefer Chinese grin

Speak for the SAAF. We know you can't afford aviation fuel.

The only reason NAF would not purchase this, is due to un-certain politics.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
@ThaVluit

Get another username from a different email account and get even with Chris.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Henry120:

Nah your generals wouldn't want this plane... unless there was a formidable opposing air force in your region.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Poor ports is the main problem.. they say it takes forever for cargo to be unloaded from cargos at Naija ports.

If you sort that out, greater South African shops will open shops. Pick n Pay, Checkers and Woolworths Foods who're more upmarket will drop-bye.

You sell consumer goods. Many consumer imports are banned in Nigeria. The government even imposes a 70% duty on fully built car imports.

Woolworths failed because they had a poor business plan, a poor feasibility study done, an idea that all business environments are the same.

Shop-rite only has 6 stores in nigeria, however, those 6 store are amongst the most profitable stores for the group on the african continent.

There is mango, spar, and many other middle income and high end stores in Nigeria making good profits in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nah your generals wouldn't want this plane... unless there was a formidable opposing air force in your region.

There is barely any Airforce in my region. I wish Algeria/Morocco or Egypt was a next door neighbour.

Of course they won't, asides the politics, it's also a very expensive plane to purchase and fly ( $16,000+ an hour). It's a very beautiful plane all the same.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
ChukwuCantDie: Greenandold = Kruger probably patches too the only half almost sane one is that centrifude guy.
dudes don't take this ish too seriously man, in some way every person on this thread is full of Bullsh*t ... This thread wouldn't be as interesting If both sides tried keeping the sanity or being logical and it wouldn't have lasted this long.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
ActivateKruger:

You are caught, you live in Lagos.

Where do you think I was born and grew up? Do I sound like American breed to you? . Augustine is 100% Naija Blood original, NO foreign content.

No need to worry about wherever I travel to outside Nigeria, no place like home. I must drink gari ijebu in Lagos every year, plus boli and palm oil, top it with kunu and kilishi or suya, that is what guarantees my life span will reach 100 years like my grand papa in the village, I have God's approval to live long.

No Nigeria no show ! Babu Nijeriya babu jin dadi ! Eko o ni baje o !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Henry120:

Lies!!!!!

You always support Augaugust. You're just only too ashamed to admit it.
Do you really think I take that comedian with limited military knowledge serious?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Henry120:

You know,this will be used against you in the near future right?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Centrifude: dudes don't take this ish too seriously man, in some way every person on this thread is full of Bullsh*t ... This thread wouldn't be as interesting If both sides tried keeping the sanity or being logical and it wouldn't have lasted this long.
This thread would've closed long ago,if we had a constructive debate.

But Neaaaaaaah!!!!

But we love it this way grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
MikeZA: This thread would've closed long ago,if we had a constructive debate.

But Neaaaaaaah!!!!

But we love it this way grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Exactly bro, it would be like some of those boring Western Forum where a thread lasts for around three days .

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Henry120:

There is barely any Airforce in my region. I wish Algeria/Morocco or Egypt was a next door neighbour.

Of course they won't, asides the politics, it's also a very expensive plane to purchase and fly ( 45,000+ an hour). It's a very beautiful plane all the same.
Chad is building its small air force,into an effective force for its needs.

In recent years we've seen them procuring fighters and ordering transport planes like the C-27J spartan.

African air forces or armed at large are replacing cold war era 90s weapons systems. Expect to see more orders in your region.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
agaugust:

Zimbabwean army generals came to Nigeria for training that's want the newspapers say and Zimbabwe did not dispute it.

Don't feel too humiliated that Zimbabwe rates SANDF so poorly, blame Seleka for your endless woes
Your SBS won't pass ZDF SF selection course.

18 Hours. High intensity. Not giving up. Command not breakdown. Not Surrendering. Inflicting high casualties.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
agaugust:

Where do you think I was born and grew up? Do I sound like American breed to you? . Augustine is 100% Naija Blood original, NO foreign content.

No need to worry about wherever I travel to outside Nigeria, no place like home. I must drink gari ijebu in Lagos every year, plus boli and palm oil, top it with kunu and kilishi or suya, that is what guarantees my life span will reach 100 years like my grand papa in the village, I have God's approval to live long.

o ba je ti cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by fydence: 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
agaugust:

Confirm!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: Chad is building its small air force,into an effective force for its needs.

In recent years we've seen them procuring fighters and ordering transport planes like the C-27J spartan.

African air forces or armed at large are replacing cold war era 90s weapons systems. Expect to see more orders in your region.

I do hope they do, Chad is a very dependable partner. However 3 MIG-29's and 2 SU-25's represents a very tiny fleet.

I believe they only ordered 2 C-27J's.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: You know,this will be used against you in the near future right?

Also remember I made a follow up post to this comment. Not like I ever trust you to quote me properly, but the shenanigans you and patchy the pirate have pulled over the "Mokopa" calls for very extreme uncertainties.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: Do you really think I take that comedian with limited military knowledge serious?

He kicks your as$ more often than not. I'm pretty sure you're concerned.

#mokopa

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=patches689][/quote]

It has and would continue to be true about the SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:21am On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

NN coastal radar will pick up all ships 50km from our coast and give coordiantes to our army for artilley shelling.

Show me proof that in this world, artillery does not h.it moving targets....including a huge ship sitting like a duck on a wide open sea with no cover.

Alpha jets have cluster bombs, F-7 jets have 7km range rockets.

NN has Lynx ASW helicopters in reserve, they could torpedo your frigates from outside Umkhonto cover.

There are many ways yo sink a ship without missiles

Remember when I showed you the math? You cannot hit moving targets with artillery without a data-link. And your artillery max range is 25km

I dont need to show you proof, its common knowledge

Alpha jets have no cluster munitions

If they come within 7km they will be eaten by SAM

citation needed that you have torpedoes that have a range of over 25km

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

At about 10pm the force commander was informed that the Seleka commander wanted to discuss stopping the fighting.

After a quiet night, the base was again attacked at about 6.30am, but after about 30 minutes the Seleka commander telephoned to ask for a meeting, saying he had 2 000 troops with which to attack the base but would prefer not to. He approached the base holding a white handkerchief to identify himself, and met with the force commander at the gate. He said he had no orders to fight the South Africans and was happy to break off the engagement if they would not fire on his troops.

That is not only reflected in the fact that this small unit retained cohesion to the end of the action, but also in the casualties that it inflicted on its opponents: such casualties that it was the Seleka rebels who proposed a ceasefire and disengagement.

Their valour was underlined by the French force at Bangui airport when it held a formal parade to bid farewell to those who died.
http://www.iol.co.za/sundayindependent/how-deadly-car-battle-unfolded-1.1493841#.VCrhDvmSySr

Sorry, you said something?

Go preach this propaganda to some else.

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of South African soldiers during their push into the city."

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/SA-soldiers-in-CAR-retreat-to-barracks-want-out-20130324

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

When I post the actual facts you know very well are true on the ground, you scream Racism.

You're the person been racist here.

Its about income inequality and the uneven distribution of wealth, a problem that is worse in Nigeriaand exists in America as well (remember Occupy Wallstreet?)

The fact that you make it about race, makes it racist

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

This is the thing I find most astonishing. I hold nothing against the SANDF, but the reports from south-african sources are downright ridiculous.

They claimed to have killed close to 1500-3000 seleka rebels, yet they(sandf) were the ones begging the french for safe passage, yet despite all the foreign journalists on the ground, none reported on the nearly 3000 seleka deaths. You kill that many enemy, yet the Enemy still marched on to take bangui.

You expect any sane person to accept the lies the south-african propaganda machinery is spewing out.

1. How many press were on the ground?
2. Those stats arent unheard of, 3 Para acheived simular in Afghanistan
3. We never begged the french for safe passage (something you have yet to prove)

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

o look, he has no real comback... guess what time it is!?!

TIME FOR THE #RaceCard

Always crying wolf.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: More like our frigates coming to west Africa.

Dream on dreamer,one day you'll wake up with saffers building a naval base in Cameroon.

You need to check into a mental facility.

You frigates coming to namibia.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: So?

This gives the SANDF time to set up a "unit",to deal with the implementation of the new policy.

No it means, it is literally gathering dust in your parliament.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: No.

That was the need of the SANDF,as it was designed by 98 defence review to have 12 of them.

SA bought 12 Rooivalks,one made a crash landing when they were still undergoing OT&E.

No, the link clearly states funding issues.

Broke SAAF.

You only got 10 Rooivalks.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

Of course they won't, asides the politics, it's also a very expensive plane to purchase and fly ( $16,000+ an hour). It's a very beautiful plane all the same.

IMO the Rafael is the best jet in the world

Just consider, that its payload and its range means that you could basically use it as a strike-craft

It can drop nukes. Think about that. A FIGHTER WHICH CAN DROP NUKES
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 01, 2014
ActivateKruger:

I learned English as my first language (home language) with a REAL English teacher at school, don't you think I know that figure of speech?

So, you're an English speaking white south-african then? I doubt you had any comprehension lessons, you wouldn't have made such a dumb comment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.