Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,469 members, 7,888,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4480843 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Have I given you so much butt-hurt, you can now smell me light-years away.

Kruger has been activated....hahahahahaha

Why are you (greenandgold) and patches689 proliferating nairaland with multiple monikers? Stick to one and stay there.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

Go preach this propaganda to some else.

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of South African soldiers during their push into the city."

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/SA-soldiers-in-CAR-retreat-to-barracks-want-out-20130324

An early report before everyone knew the facts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Patchesagain:

The SANDF is putting the policy in place allready

Its just a matter of parliament rubber-stamping the documents

Not exactly.

It's just a matter of it literally gathering dust in your parliament. 2012 defence review, moved to 2014, then to 2018, 2020 and then burnt to ashes.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

No, the link clearly states funding issues.

Broke SAAF.

You only got 10 Rooivalks.

Order was cut back because guess what... we were cutting the size of our military from 200-300 000 to 90 000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=Patchesagain][/quote]

Keep dodging this mokopa question, I'll keep bringing it up.

Mr Patrick, so you told us lies about the Mokopa missile been in active SANDF service?

According to SAAF and IHS janes, SANDF is too broke to afford them, so they haven't even been ordered.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

Keep dodging this mokopa question, I'll keep bringing it up.

Mr Patrick, so you told us lies about the Mokopa missile been in active SANDF service?

According to SAAF and IHS janes, SANDF is too broke to afford them, so they haven't even been ordered.

I am not dodgin it

It has been intergrated

But not aquired

We make them (the factory is 20min from AFB Waterkloof)

When we need them we will buy them.

Having a stoke of missiles that cost R1 million a pop, and which we wont use in the foreseeable future is not cost effective

So yes, in service

but not aquired in large quantities.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 01, 2014
GreenandGold:

That' something Nigeria can't do. They can't even combine a spear with a sword to get a weapon they can weave against their enemies.

We might not have a big defence industry, but ours is decent enough and growing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

grin grin grin grin grin Uncontrollable laughter! Easy!!

grin grin grin grin grin, take it easy bro, don't mind patches and Mikeza.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

IMO the Rafael is the best jet in the world

Just consider, that its payload and its range means that you could basically use it as a strike-craft

It can drop nukes. Think about that. A FIGHTER WHICH CAN DROP NUKES

It's an amazing plane. I agree, it is the best fighter jet in the world. Stealth is over-rated.

It's range is mind-boggling, it's a very nice aircraft to acquire if you can afford it. These jets carried all their missions from france in Operation serval.

Exactly, it's an air-superiority fighter, an interceptor, a fighter bomber, a ground attack jet. It isn't mission specific like the Euro-fighter which is primarily an air-superiority.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:00am On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

1. How many press were on the ground?

2. Those stats arent unheard of, 3 Para acheived simular in Afghanistan
3. We never begged the french for safe passage (something you have yet to prove)

[size=13pt]

"RFI’s special envoy in Bangui spoke to a source who says he was present at the French military base near Bangui where he saw more than 50 body bags being loaded onto a Hercules C130 aircraft sent by Pretoria. He said other bodies were arriving as the 50 were being loaded on to the plane.

The source wishes to remain anonymous.

General Arda Hakouma, who led the Seleka rebel coalition operation to capture Bangui, insists more South Africans were among the soldiers he killed.

“What is certain, I personally, Chief of Staff, chief of operations, so I am the one who directed the battle, I saw 36 South African dead and 22 wounded. That’s for sure, and there were prisoners too, we handed them over to Fomac [The regional African peacekeeping force for CAR]," he said.

Sources in the Central African Republic government and security sector told RFI’s Cyril Bensimon that the South African Soldiers are fighting to protect mining and oil contracts signed by South African companies with CAR president François Bozize."

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20130404-witness-saw-over-50-bodybags-heading-south-africa-amid-allegations-involving-zumas-n

.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:46am On Oct 01, 2014
U
agaugust:

[size=13pt]

"RFI’s special envoy in Bangui spoke to a source who says he was present at the French military base near Bangui where he saw more than 50 body bags being loaded onto a Hercules C130 aircraft sent by Pretoria. He said other bodies were arriving as the 50 were being loaded on to the plane.

The source wishes to remain anonymous.

General Arda Hakouma, who led the Seleka rebel coalition operation to capture Bangui, insists more South Africans were among the soldiers he killed.

“What is certain, I personally, Chief of Staff, chief of operations, so I am the one who directed the battle, I saw 36 South African dead and 22 wounded. That’s for sure, and there were prisoners too, we handed them over to Fomac [The regional African peacekeeping force for CAR]," he said.

Sources in the Central African Republic government and security sector told RFI’s Cyril Bensimon that the South African Soldiers are fighting to protect mining and oil contracts signed by South African companies with CAR president François Bozize."

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20130404-witness-saw-over-50-bodybags-heading-south-africa-amid-allegations-involving-zumas-n

.[/size]

Well that has been conclusively shown to be false

So well done, you posted something that has been discredited
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:02am On Oct 01, 2014
patches689: U

Well that has been conclusively shown to be false

So well done, you posted something that has been discredited

It actually discredits ALL SANDF sources as false.

RFI was with your French army masters that were saving your battered and bruised army from the hands of angry Seleka men grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:06am On Oct 01, 2014
[size=16pt]Happy Independence Day Nigeria ! !

God loves you...Gentle Giant Of Africa.
[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-x2Cgjf35vK4/TonsvpCzAWI/AAAAAAAAA7A/DRYxBa8SLWM/s1600/Princess+Amayo+drew+the+map+of+Nigeria+on+her+lips%2521.JPG[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:21am On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

It actually discredits ALL SANDF sources as false.

RFI was with your French army masters that were saving your battered and bruised army from the hands of angry Seleka men grin grin

Can you name the 50 dead South Africans?

Can you show us irrefutable proof that the French saved us?

No and no

This: by your logic- completely wrong

We have multiple sources that tell a very different story
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

Where do you think I was born and grew up? Do I sound like American breed to you? . Augustine is 100% Naija Blood original, NO foreign content.

No need to worry about wherever I travel to outside Nigeria, no place like home. I must drink gari ijebu in Lagos every year, plus boli and palm oil, top it with kunu and kilishi or suya, that is what guarantees my life span will reach 100 years like my grand papa in the village, I have God's approval to live long.

No Nigeria no show ! Babu Nijeriya babu jin dadi ! Eko o ni baje o !

Whatever dude, to me you're just fake.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:45am On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA:
18 Hours. High intensity. Not giving up. Command not breakdown. Not Surrendering. Inflicting high casualties.

That's the SANDF
10/10
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

He kicks your as$ more often than not. I'm pretty sure you're concerned.

#mokopa

Abububu kicks no butt, however he always his very exposed for thee Mzansi kicking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

You need to check into a mental facility.

You frigates coming to namibia.

Gulf of Guinea we will park our shining ships.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

No, the link clearly states funding issues.

Broke SAAF.

You only got 10 Rooivalks.

First let's get this clear.....

- The Rooivalk was intended for Angola but the time it was ready for lift-of war was finito.

- When the new government took over, all military projects were stopped because they didn't see their need as they had envisioned an utopia Africa.

- However the Army wanted air support that could be provided by a dedicated attach chopper to eliminate the need for heavy armour (Remember we have a High Mobility Doctrine so heavy armour slows us down).

- The Rooivalk was resumed in 1999 as an ARMY project funded by the ARMY money not the SAAF.

- The minimum Rooivalk numbers are sufficient to give support to at least 3 war fronts simultaneously which is something that has never happened before.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:13am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

So, you're an English speaking white south-african then? I doubt you had any comprehension lessons, you wouldn't have made such a dumb comment.

You're hopeless Henry. Do you know the saying that says "curiosity killed the cat"? Do you know how its countered? You say "Luckily for the cat it had seven lives".

When you said "the Defense Review was gathering dust in Parliament", I countered it by saying "Sadly for you, Parliament is one of those clean houses". So in your aged slow mind it never occurred to you that I'm countering your "figure of speech"?

You're useless Henry, I feel sorry for so whoever that works for you - if you have any.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

Why are you (greenandgold) and patches689 proliferating nairaland with multiple monikers? Stick to one and stay there.

Coz your mods keep banning us... I was banned for not even making a comment.

We need South African mods here.... I suggest MikeZA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]Happy Independence Day Nigeria ! !

God loves you...Gentle Giant Of Africa.
[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-x2Cgjf35vK4/TonsvpCzAWI/AAAAAAAAA7A/DRYxBa8SLWM/s1600/Princess+Amayo+drew+the+map+of+Nigeria+on+her+lips%2521.JPG[/img]

Yes, happy independence day, Aguby. This is the day the British left you a fictitiously united land, which "unity" we have to thank for Boko Haram today. But seriously, happy independence day.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

Not exactly.

It's just a matter of it gathering dust in your parliament. 2012 defence review, moved to 2014, then to 2018, 2020 and then burnt to ashes.

Remember that we told you that we have an industry and you don't? Never mind your claimed phantom budget of $7 bn, business people worldwide are already planning for our orderly industry. No one can find order in yours, so no publishing houses invest anything. Look at this report on our budget, which is out for sale to marketers.

http://www.whatech.com/market-research-reports/press-release/military/30724-south-africa-s-military-expenditure-is-expected-to-increase-to-us-4-9-billion-by-2019
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
I'm back Henry, happy now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Why is that South African National Defence Force number is 15 Dead soldiers as opposed to the Seleka 's 50 Body bags......Maybe it would be wise to ask Seleka rebels about their number of fatalities.....if 15 is bigger than 800, then Seleka won the Battle of Banguie.....Same as the American Marines 18 killed and Mogadishu and rebels lost nearly 500.....then if number game is to be believed then Americans lost in Somalia....Nigeria has lost quite a substantial number of soldiers against BH but also inflicted quite a number....DOES THAT INDICATES LOSSING THE BATTLE?? BUT ATLEAST SANDF SOLDIERS NEVER RUN AWAY TO CAMERROON OR MUTINEED AND SHOT AT THE OFFICERS...CUREENTLY NIGERIA IS COURT MARSHALLING MORE THAN 20 SOLDIERS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
SANDF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thiza:

BUT ATLEAST SANDF SOLDIERS NEVER RUN AWAY TO CAMERROON OR MUTINEED AND SHOT AT THE OFFICERS...CUREENTLY NIGERIA IS COURT MARSHALLING MORE THAN 20 SOLDIERS

SANDF ran away Bangui airport to beg France for military protection by French army.

NO SINGLE Nigerian soldier is being tried for running into Cameroon, they went on tactical maneuver trying to out-flank Boko Haram forces attacking from a different direction and they met Cameroonian army in the process, the law of international border crossing compels us to stop and hand over our weapons to Cameroon, we are NOT law breakers, Nigeria is law abiding according to international laws of war.

If those Nigerians were deserting, they too would have been facing trial by now. So your argument is thrash !

For the ones who are guilty, Court-Martial for mutiny or deserting is being done in Nigerian army now and the punishment is death sentence !

That proves what we have been saying that Nigerian army is one of the toughest in the world and we do NOT allow cowards, they will be shot by the Nigerian army itself, it is sad, but our army law says any Nigerian soldier who breaks our law of courage will be k.illed by our own army after trial and being found guilty.

This is the type of army South Africa will never have !

Nigerian army shoots it's own soldiers who offend, South Africa gives medals to her own misbehaving soldiers.

That is the big difference !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thiza:

Why is that South African National Defence Force number is 15 Dead soldiers as opposed to the Seleka 's 50 Body bags......Maybe it would be wise to ask Seleka rebels about their number of fatalities.....if 15 is bigger than 800, then Seleka won the Battle of Banguie

You are photo-master of this forum, show us dead bodies of Seleka rebels, all the dead bodies we see are South Africans !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Gulf of Guinea we will park our shining ships.

Gulf of Guinea is NOT Nigeria, 350km from Lagos into the Atlantic ocean is what belongs to us.

If you are outside that Zone, we don't care, international maritime law gives the whole world the right to play around free ocean zones.

So, have fun with your scarce diesel fuel grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

It's an amazing plane. I agree, it is the best fighter jet in the world. Stealth is over-rated.

It's range is mind-boggling, it's a very nice aircraft to acquire if you can afford it. These jets carried all their missions from france in Operation serval.

Exactly, it's an air-superiority fighter, an interceptor, a fighter bomber, a ground attack jet. It isn't mission specific like the Euro-fighter which is primarily an air-superiority.

Oga Henry, the market for the Rafale may be some Arab countries with oil money in an ISIS threat zone.

Great jet fighter, I love it.....but the market is limited, hope France gets a buyer
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
[size=14pt]
patches689:

Can you name the 1,000 dead Seleka rebels?

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

Can you show us irrefutable proof that the French saved us?

No and no

This: by your logic- completely wrong

We have multiple sources that tell a very different story
shocked grin PATCHY THE PIRATE grin Naming the dead SAffers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.