Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,052 members, 7,980,748 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 12:02 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4547360 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thiza: @AGAUGUST you have ran out of ideas and the only form of defence your posting is PHD (PUT HIM DOWN SYNDROME, YOU FAILED TO DEBATE AND NOW RESORTED INTO DESTRUCTIVE DEFENCE TO RIDICULE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE WHO HAPPENS TO BE SOUTH AFRICAN. I REPEAT NIGERIA IS FAR BEHIND SOUTH AFRICA IN ECONOMY, MILITARY, TECHNOLOGY, DEVELOPMENT, HEALTH ETC.....NOTE SOUTH AFRICA HAS CRUISE MISSILE AND STAND OFF WEAPONS.....COME AND INVADE AND ATLEAST PREPARE FOR WATER GRAVERY. the taste of the pudding is in the eating....evidence and nothing more...SHAME

south africa has no operational cruise missile or long range stand-off missile.
i dont want to insult you today, i would have called you a F00L, but no, i wont insult you today, i am in a good mood. all the cruise missiles you posted in that photo album do not exist in south african military service. nigeria too is developing long range missiles in epe lagoon coastland of lagos with range already at 120km posted many times on this forum, you build your own, we build our own, simple.

where were you when @andrewza/@fighter pilot your two south african soldiers who were disgraced by a nigerian civilian boy named Augustine ? when they confirmed that the only stand off weapons in service with south africa are paveway and umbani guided bombs, the s.tupid slow 35km bombs that i shot down here with nigeria's new/modern Type 90 high velocity air defence computerized guns that also shoots down cruise missiles.

the best naval dockyard in africa is in lagos nigeria, our navy repairs any size of ship, and we are building 70% of the first guided missile stealth warship in the whole of africa with full technology transfer to nigeria for ever, south africa has not achieved that. go sit down. every country has its own area of strength and focus/specialization according to urgent needs

go dream on your bed, this is nairaland, not dreamland. greet your junior sister for me o!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2013

[size=16pt]Best In Africa.....Nigerian naval Dockyard In Lagos[/size]

The Nigerian Naval Dockyard remains the only all-integrated dockyard in Africa where all these facilities are put together under one umbrella.

SUMMARY OF CAPABILITIES

With these facilities, the yard is capable of the following:

- Dry-docking of a maximum of 10 ships at a time (including the slipway facility)
- Repair of diesel engines and associated parts like governors, injectors, crank shafts cylinders,turbochargers
- Repair of propeller shafts and propellers
- Repair of refrigeration ad air-conditioning systems
- Repair of auxiliary machinery-pumps, valves, anchors, cables, winches, capstan, etc
- Machining operation and fabrication of simple and complex parts
- Heat treatment of metals
- Castings
- Repair/rewinding of electric motors, alternators and transformers
- Repair of electronic system, communication and navigation equipment
- Preservation and cosmetic dressing of metals
- Vehicle repairs including heavy duty vehicles
- Mine looping
- GRP repairs
- Repair of guns or heavy artillery
- Shipbuilding

INFO COURTESY : Nigerian Naval Dockyard

weblink source : https://beegeagle./2011/10/13/spotlight-on-the-nigerian-naval-dockyard-lagos/

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/10/nns-aradu-at-the-nigerian-naval-dockyard.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2013

@everybody, how your weekend guys ? friends and foes...how are you all ? thank God its friday !!!

i have posts in mind for this forum, time is just my problem. too many new things to post.

1. best in africa weapon series

2. best in africa combat terrain series

3. best in africa war history/combat records series

4. short videos of modern live combats and how real wars look like

5. nigerian army 'unknown' standing and mobile mortar artillery forces

6. nigerian army 'unknown' towed and mobile rocket artillery forces, with credible sources for BM GRAD-21, APR-21, APR-40, SBAT-70

7. nigerian army 'unknown' anti-tank guided missile forces with some general source videos

8. nigerian invasion of south africa simulations 2013 and 2014, if permitted by 100% of nigerians on forum. sensitive topic

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

i dont want to insult you today, i would have called you a F00L, but no, i wont insult you today, i am in a good mood. all the cruise missiles you posted in that photo album do not exist in south african military service.

where were you when @ndrewza/@figher pilot your two south african soldiers who were disgaced by a nigerian civilian boy named Augustine ? when they confirmed that the only stand off weapons in service with south africa are paveway and umbani guided bombs, the s.tupid slow 35km bombs that i shot down here with nigeria's new/modern Type 90 high velocity air defence computerized guns that also shoots down cruise missiles.

the best naval dockyard in africa is in lagos nigeria, our navy repairs any size of ship, and we are building 70% of the first guided missile stealth warship in the whole of africa with full technology transfer to nigeria for ever, south africa has not achieved that. go sit down. every country has its own area of strength and focus/specialization according to urgent needs

go dream on your bed, this is nairaland, not dreamland. greet your junior sister for me o!

@agaugust I am guessing that the modular hull (weapon platform)is what we are building,we get to decide the weapons and systems onboard,so we can adapt as we see fit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
saengine:

1. What right amount of power does IGIRIGI pack?
2. Nigeria does not produce any SAM's
3. You have not shown us any images of spy balloons. You've shown us a computer generated image of a concept that could have been drawn by anyone. For example , the so called spy balloon in that image is communicating with a western european jet. Either a mig or sukhoi. Why not put F7 or Alpha jets If that image has anythhing to do with Nigeria
4. Even though Nigeria is trying, nothing built in that country completely from scratch exceeds any pre determined world standards.

*If the army mounts a 12.7mm HMG on that baby, won't it be the right amount?

*Development, under-development, my compatriot @aguagust months ago showed images of test firing of nigerian made SAM.

I also pasted a link( a link with a report made in 2010) from the nigerian space research and propulsion center. With the article stating that nigeria had so far tested 7 SAM's.

* for the spy ballons, even if we haven't shown any real-images, we have provided links with nigerian generals stating the capabilities of the spy balloon, and the fact that it had already been used in actual counter-insurgency warfare.

What is a balloon? It is simply an hydrogen filled balloon with camera's which is able to send real-time imagery and video links to troops on the ground. It operates like a mini-drone, but less manoeuvrable. Simple. What else is there to know?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
drag_on:

@agaugust I am guessing that the modular hull (weapon platform)is what we are building,we get to decide the weapons and systems onboard,so we can adapt as we sea fit.

all Type 056 warships are modular design built to perform all naval roles from OPV to multi-role Frigate, that is the standard design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_056_corvette

nigeria is selecting choice of missile for our new chinese OPV, between french missiles or chinese missiles.

the chinese anti-ship missile is top priority, because it is the the 4 times more deadly than the south african and algerian valour frigate exocet missiles.

every type of the chine Type 056 existing from OPV type to corvette to frigate, all are armed with missiles better than valour frigate exocet missiles. only a fool will buy such expensive stealth warship and arm it with only guns in this dangerous world were criminal pirates have black market purchased short range hand held missiles to sink a naval threat.

i will do a full post on this issue maybe next week. nigerian navy says all our new warships and gunboats from shaldag to eagle class have not been decided on for type of missile choice, and extra electronics for greater than normal capabilities.

nigerian navy is under serious building up and arming up, decisions are being made very carefully to choose the best weapons and equipment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ andrewza it was a confidential memo,so it will be hard to find.The U.N. said your troops have poor training and offered to have them trained by U.N. or A.U. forces and your commander arrogantly refused.
http://paulsmusing2./2013/03/11/south-africa-versus-the-united-nations/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

i dont want to insult you today, i would have called you a F00L, but no, i wont insult you today, i am in a good mood. all the cruise missiles you posted in that photo album do not exist in south african military service.

where were you when @ndrewza/@figher pilot your two south african soldiers who were disgaced by a nigerian civilian boy named Augustine ? when they confirmed that the only stand off weapons in service with south africa are paveway and umbani guided bombs, the s.tupid slow 35km bombs that i shot down here with nigeria's new/modern Type 90 high velocity air defence computerized guns that also shoots down cruise missiles.

The type 90 is only GDF002. Sa has over 100 of them and 50 GDF003

You failed to show proof any thing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
drag_on: @ andrewza it was a confidential memo,so it will be hard to find.The U.N. said your troops have poor training and offered to have them trained by U.N. or A.U. forces and your commander arrogantly refused.

south africa d.estroyed its own military competence the day they intergrated those guerilla and unprofessional unteachable and unchangeable half-illiterate ANC freedom fighters into its army, navy, air force. those men are natural dullards you cannot upgrade their brains.

for south african military, the only thing left now is modern weapons and their photos, nice weapons in the hands of half brain soldiers.

i said this before when i joined this forum on page 12 to 13, south african military is NOT the same again as the apartheid era, it is living on past glory now. only ignorant people keep on rating them high.

this post above will hurt their ego and pride now....watch them foam in the mouth like a man with epilepsy....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust: .

[size=16pt]Best In Africa.....Nigerian naval Dockyard In Lagos[/size]

The Nigerian Naval Dockyard remains the only all-integrated dockyard in Africa where all these facilities are put together under one umbrella.

SUMMARY OF CAPABILITIES

With these facilities, the yard is capable of the following:

- Dry-docking of a maximum of 10 ships at a time (including the slipway facility)
- Repair of diesel engines and associated parts like governors, injectors, crank shafts cylinders,turbochargers
- Repair of propeller shafts and propellers
- Repair of refrigeration ad air-conditioning systems
- Repair of auxiliary machinery-pumps, valves, anchors, cables, winches, capstan, etc
- Machining operation and fabrication of simple and complex parts
- Heat treatment of metals
- Castings
- Repair/rewinding of electric motors, alternators and transformers
- Repair of electronic system, communication and navigation equipment
- Preservation and cosmetic dressing of metals
- Vehicle repairs including heavy duty vehicles
- Mine looping
- GRP repairs
- Repair of guns or heavy artillery
- Shipbuilding

INFO COURTESY : Nigerian Naval Dockyard

weblink source : https://beegeagle./2011/10/13/spotlight-on-the-nigerian-naval-dockyard-lagos/

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/10/nns-aradu-at-the-nigerian-naval-dockyard.jpg[/img]

The dock takes 10,000TONS nice
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza: The type 90 is only GDF002. Sa has over 100 of them and 50 GDF003

chinese F-7NI jet of 2008 and Mig 21 Jet of 1970, are they the same capability ? you have brain malfunction ?

chinese Type 90 AAA gun of year 2000 and swedish GDF002 gun of 1980 are they the same capabilty ? you smoke marijuana overdose ?

Type 90 anti-aicraft gun is a chinese made weapon 100% made in china. GDF002 is a swedish weapon 100% made in sweden. did you personally manufacture it's new chinese computer and install it on the Type 90 AAA guns ?

you have head and skull dis-location ?

your dreams and hopes that nigeria will not have any good weapon is like that of Alice in Wonderland story book, she wakes up to find out her imaginations were just hallucinations....just like you @andrewza

nigerian military is powerful....our army is our major strength for now....we are building a new navy and new air force, wait for years 2014 and 2015, then mighty Egypt will fear mightier Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
drag_on: @ andrewza it was a confidential memo,so it will be hard to find.The U.N. said your troops have poor training and offered to have them trained by U.N. or A.U. forces and your commander arrogantly refused.

It not about arrogancy. My qustion still stands. Who will train us and what do they bring to the tabel so speciol. Only SA has said they know of no letter or complant. They caim out and straight out said there was no such thing. And the UN has said what about it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

chinese F-7NI jet of 2008 and Mig 21 Jet of 1970, are they the same capability ? you have brain malfunction ?

chinese Type 90 AAA gun of year 2000 and swedish GDF002 gun of 1980 are they the same capabilty ? you smoke marijuana overdose ?

Type 90 anti-aicraft gun is a chinese made weapon 100% made in china. GDF002 is a swedish weapon 100% made in sweden. did you personally manufacture it's new chinese computer and install it on the Type 90 AAA guns ?

you have head and skull dis-location ?

your dreams and hopes that nigeria will not have any good weapon is like that of Alice in Wonderland story book, she wakes up to find out her imaginations were just hallucinations....just like you @andrewza

nigerian military is powerful....our army is aour major strength for now....we are building a new navy and new air force, wait for years 2014 and 2015, then mighty Egypt will fear mightier Nigeria

The F7 is better than the MIG 21 but it is not much to brag about.

The tpye 90 is a GDF clone. You should know that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

It not about arrogancy. My qustion still stands. Who will train us and what do they bring to the tabel so speciol. Only SA has said they know of no letter or complant. They caim out and straight out said there was no such thing. And the UN has said what about it.
What did you expect?It is pretty embarrassing to your country and military so it was a confidential memo.Do you think the U.N will talk about a confidential memo?They offered to train your troops or to hand them over to the A.U.(probably Nigeria grin) but your commander arrogantly refused.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
drag_on:
What did you expect?It is pretty embarrassing to your country and military so it was a confidential memo.Do you think the U.N will talk about a confidential memo?They offered to train your troops or to hand them over to the A.U.(probably Nigeria grin) but your commander arrogantly refused.

And nigeria have driven in to small ambushes and suferd heavier losses. How about india and pakstan who made back door deals with rebels.

SA hit one ambush and suferd a singal casultie. And now some fool who is most likely a white forme solder who's hates the sandf.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

And nigeria have driven in to small ambushes and suferd heavier losses. How about india and pakstan who made back door deals with rebels.

SA hit one ambush and suferd a singal casultie. And now some fool who is most likely a white forme solder who's hates the sandf.

i gave you two links not one,so don't blame it on one author.The United Nations was talking about poor training not the ambush.
http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Exam-cheat-is-training-army-20130407
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Henry120:

*If the army mounts a 12.7mm HMG on that baby, won't it be the right amount?

*Development, under-development, my compatriot @aguagust months ago showed images of test firing of nigerian made SAM.

I also pasted a link( a link with a report made in 2010) from the nigerian space research and propulsion center. With the article stating that nigeria had so far tested 7 SAM's.

* for the spy ballons, even if we haven't shown any real-images, we have provided links with nigerian generals stating the capabilities of the spy balloon, and the fact that it had already been used in actual counter-insurgency warfare.

What is a balloon? It is simply an hydrogen filled balloon with camera's which is able to send real-time imagery and video links to troops on the ground. It operates like a mini-drone, but less manoeuvrable. Simple. What else is there to know?

- You are confusing a SAM with a rocket. Nigeria does not produce any surface to air missiles. Nigeria only has people testing and understanding the fundamentals of rocketry. Funny thing is that even your fellow Nigerians doubt how competent you are in that 1st step. There is a massive jump from rocketry to SAM's.

About the balloons. Your Nigerian general was either drunk, lying, had no clue what he was talking about or was misquoted. Look at it this way.

- In 1972 the U.S launches the Winzen unmanned balloon to an altidude of 51.8km. This stays as the world record for 30 years..

- In 2002 the BU60-1 unmanned balloon reaches an altitude of 53km. It took 30 years to increase height by 1.2km.

- 2013 a Nigerian general claims to have a spy balloon at 84km . Institutions such as NASA keep quiet about it? Do you honestly believe that? You're smart enough not to i hope. Only balloons you have were purchased (or were going to be purchased) from Israel. And those are nowhere near 84km altitude.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

The F7 is better than the MIG 21 but it is not much to brag about.

The tpye 90 is a GDF clone. You should know that.

F-7 jet too is a Mig-21 clone with different and better computers/avionics/electronics/radars.

for Type 90 and GDF-002, post full technical details of the two AAA guns computers and guidance systems side by side to try prove your claim.

you like to make a public fool of yourself, so i will gladly help you to look foolish on this forum.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
saengine:

- You are confusing a SAM with a rocket. Nigeria does not produce any surface to air missiles. Nigeria only has people testing and understanding the fundamentals of rocketry. Funny thing is that even your fellow Nigerians doubt how competent you are in that 1st step. There is a massive jump from rocketry to SAM's.

About the balloons. Your Nigerian general was either drunk, lying, had no clue what he was talking about or was misquoted. Look at it this way.

- In 1972 the U.S launches the Winzen unmanned balloon to an altidude of 51.8km. This stays as the world record for 30 years..

- In 2002 the BU60-1 unmanned balloon reaches an altitude of 53km. It took 30 years to increase height by 1.2km.

- 2013 a Nigerian general claims to have a spy balloon at 84km . Institutions such as NASA keep quiet about it? Do you honestly believe that? You're smart enough not to i hope. Only balloons you have were purchased (or were going to be purchased) from Israel. And those are nowhere near 84km altitude.

you entered into nigerian territory ? you entered into nigerian military bases ? you entered nigerian b.oko h.aram war zone ? you saw the nigerian army made spy ballons with your two eyes ? you have papers or files of its technical data in details in your hands ? you saw that it was made by isreal with 100% proof ? you drink unlimited beer directly from brewery factory tanks ?

when you keep quiet about what you dont know for sure, you look wise, otherwise you look foolish. if the army general lied, why not leave him with his lie and live your own life in peace instead of having high blood pressure at your age ?

any south african things that i dont know for sure, i always keep my mouth shut or say i have no proof yet.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

F-7 jet too is a Mig-21 clone with different and better computers/avionics/electronics/radars.

for Type 90 and GDF-002, post full technical details of the two AAA guns computers and guidance systems side by side to try prove your claim.

you like to make a public fool of yourself, so i will gladly help you to look foolish on this forum.

Type 90 Twin-35mm Towed Anti-Aircraft Artillery

The Type 90 twin-35mm anti-aircraft artillery (AAA) is a Chinese copy of the Swiss Oerlikon GDF, one of the world’s most capable low-altitude air defence weapon systems. The weapon was designed to engage high-speed, low-flying aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and cruise missiles. A tracked self-propelled variant of this weapon has also been produced and tested but it did not enter the PLA service. The Type 90 replaced the obsolete Type 65 and type 74 twin-37mm AAA to provide field air defence for the ground forces at the division and group army level.

China imported a small number of the Oerlikon GDF twin-35mm AAA and the associated Skyguard air defence radar system from Switzerland in the 1980s. Later the weapon was produced in China locally under license as the Type 90. The Oerlikon GDF AAA system is available in three major variants: GDF-1, GDF-2 and GDF-3. It is not known exactly which model the Type 90 was based on, but it is thought to be comparable in performance to the GDF-2 developed in 1980.

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/antiaircraft/type90towed35mm.asp
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

Type 90 Twin-35mm Towed Anti-Aircraft Artillery

The Type 90 twin-35mm anti-aircraft artillery (AAA) is a Chinese copy of the Swiss Oerlikon GDF, one of the world’s most capable low-altitude air defence weapon systems. The weapon was designed to engage high-speed, low-flying aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and cruise missiles. A tracked self-propelled variant of this weapon has also been produced and tested but it did not enter the PLA service. The Type 90 replaced the obsolete Type 65 and type 74 twin-37mm AAA to provide field air defence for the ground forces at the division and group army level.

China imported a small number of the Oerlikon GDF twin-35mm AAA and the associated Skyguard air defence radar system from Switzerland in the 1980s. Later the weapon was produced in China locally under license as the Type 90. The Oerlikon GDF AAA system is available in three major variants: GDF-1, GDF-2 and GDF-3. It is not known exactly which model the Type 90 was based on, but it is thought to be comparable in performance to the GDF-2 developed in 1980.

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/antiaircraft/type90towed35mm.asp

is that technical data of a computer's capability you posted ? the operational performance effectiveness ratios capability of its computer ? do you know what computer technology efficiency ratios details means ? did you drop out of high school ? your family...i pity...they have a man that is...

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

It's cool and okay to play the "white" race card because it suits your argument? Something a Nigerian making a valid point is harassed for doing? A case of one size must fit one!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

you entered into nigerian territory ? you saw the nigerian amry made spy ballons ? you have papers or files of its technical data in details ? you saw that it was made by isreal with 100% proof ? you drink a beer directly from brewery factory tanks ?

I was speaking to Henry please dont interupt grown people talking. Nigeria does not have a balloon at 84km. If it did the whole world would congratulate you on it. The reason NASA and other institutions are silent is because they know you dont.Your general was the one who was drunk. Simple.

The internet is full of links showing Nigeria wanting to buy spy balloons from Israel last year. If you have any, those are the ones you bought. Simple.

Helium/hydrogen balloons have struggled to get beyond 52km for decades and decades and decades. Nigeria smashes that by 30km and the whole world keeps quiet?? Keep lying to yourself, its fine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
saengine:

I was speaking to Henry please dont interupt grown people talking. Nigeria does not have a balloon at 84km. If it did the whole world would congratulate you on it. The reason NASA and other institutions are silent is because they know you dont.Your general was the one who was drunk. Simple.

The internet is full of links showing Nigeria wanting to buy spy balloons from Israel last year. If you have any, those are the ones you bought. Simple.

If NASA knows that we don't have that capability wouldn't it be a great opportunity to as usual call Nigeria out for fraudulent claims? Don't equate yourself to an adult ... Okay you are an adult child?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
saengine:

you were born into a poor english language environment called south africa. stay with your local languages or afrikaans. anything that flies in the air by projectile is a missile, simple english, it does not have to be a guided weapon to qualify.

missile [ˈmɪsaɪl]
n
1. any object or weapon that is thrown at a target or shot from an engine, gun, etc.
2. (Military / Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery)
a. a rocket-propelled weapon that flies either in a fixed trajectory (ballistic missile) or in a trajectory that can be controlled during flight (guided missile)
b. (as modifier) a missile carrier
[from Latin: missilis, from mittere to send]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridge

nigerians always teach south africans, english, maths, physics, geopraphy...... grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

is that technical data of a computer's capability you posted ? the operational performance effectiveness ratios capability of its computer ? do you know what computer technology efficiency ratios details means ? did you drop out of high school ? your family...i pity...they have a man that is...

And clafied info sits on the internet? Don't aske for imposbil. How ever I habe now shown it a GDF clone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

Does anyone remember when this fool was telling us how computers dont make a big difference? How artillery has been working fine since WW2 and SA having guidence computers on its artillery is the same as Nigerians using calculators. Now all of a sudden he is trying to justify how the Nigerian AA gun is better due to computer ugrades. What a fraud grin grin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

It's cool and okay to play the "white" race card because it suits your argument? Something a Nigerian making a valid point is harassed for doing? A case of one size must fit one!

It helps being a white south african.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
saengine:

Does anyone remember when this fool was telling us how computers dont make a big difference? How artillery has been working fine since WW2 and SA having guidence computers on its artillery is the same as Nigerians using calculators. Now all of a sudden he is trying to justify how the Nigerian AA gun is better due to computer ugrades. What a fraud grin grin.

I do remember. And I doubt nigerias tpye 90 are any better than our GDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
andrewza:

It helps being a white south african.

And if I say it helps not being South African black or white? Don't start here with your tendencies!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
agaugust:

you were born into a poor english language environment called south africa. stay with your local languages or afrikaans. anything that flies in ile, simple english, it does not have to be a guided weapon to qualify.

missile [ˈmɪsaɪl]
n
1. any object or weapon that is thrown at a target or shot from an engine, gun, etc.
2. (Military / Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery)
a. a rocket-propelled weapon that flies either in a fixed trajectory (ballistic missile) or in a trajectory that can be controlled during flight (guided missile)
b. (as modifier) a missile carrier
[from Latin: missilis, from mittere to send]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridge

nigerians always teach south africans, english, maths, physics, geopraphy...... grin

A surface to air missile in the modern context is guided towards a target from the ground, using various homing methods.Nigeria does not have SAM's or ballistic missiles.You are launching unguided rockets, simple. Maybe you thought you were clever in your village, not here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Henry120:

spy ballons have more coverage than drones, some spy up to 700km radius of enemy territory. spy balloons are more powerful than drones and much more difficult to shoot down because of very high altitudes. spy balloons can stay in air space for many weeks, but drones stay for only hours. spy balloons are like a mini-satellite far superior to drones UAV.

nigeria leads africa in the spy world for african military forces, other countries including egypt, algeria, south africa are far behind us, if we fight them, we will see them before they see us and we will maneuver with change of battle field operations.

they think nigeria is like south africa that has released photos of cruise missiles that it has not yet fully produced or put into use in their armoury.

before south africa goes to toilet, the size, shape and colour of their pooh pooh is already known and posted with photos on internet

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.