Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,338 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4503268 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2013
sheyie2007:
Till thy kingdom come, you'll continue to point fingers at foreigners for your self inflicted problems... zuma made it clear during his last state of the nation address how apartheid contributed to SAs crime rate. SA has always been full of junkies and drug barons before the arrival of Nigerians.... fix your xenophobic selves and stop highlighting other country's flaws... an average south african is a 'flaw' lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.. deal with it

I doubt if you have been to SA, you wouldn't have gone back to Nigeria of course. The lot of you here are illegal selling drugs, pimps and trafficking small girls. Our parents are as well complaining that during their time there had never been so many drugs they see today, so many sicknesses they see today, so many misdemeanour they see today. Ever since the arrival of this jobless millions Nigerians who go about selling nyaope to our school children, our once loved country has transformed from bad to worse. I am not xenophobic, I just hate foreigners who leave their countries and come to destroy children of their hosts. They pretend to have come here as refugees but their deeds are not just acceptable.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2013
AfroArab:

who wrote a nonsense like this ? in african military power, ethiopia is not superior to nigeria. i say, not because we arabs dont like ethiopians, but because we know the truth.

ethiopia army has T-62 amoured tank, nigeria is T-72 and vickers british heavy tanks. ethiopia has old SAM-6 anti aircraft missile, nigeria has more modern roland anti aircraft missile that shot down british royal airforce harrier jet in falkland war. ethiopia has no cobra super mordern amoured vehicle with missile and cannon, but nigeria has 200 cobra infantry fighting vehicles very modern. ethiopia army artillery has no moblie type. nigeria army has mobile italian heavy artilley.

only that ethiopia army has very much more history of experience than nigeria and all other black nations. but nigerian army is very well trained even with israeli army tactics and british army tactics and german paratroop training too.

ethiopia has zero navy no navy. nigeria has one of best 4 navy in africa. ethiopia has SU-27 jet better than nigeria but its all second hand used aircraft. nigeria F-7 jet less powerful but brand new and nigeria has too many radar guide anti aircraft guns and roland and cobra anti aircraft missile to shoot down destroy the enemy jet fighter airplane.

nigeria also has more modern electronic warfare and jamming equipment than ethiopia.

we the arab people fear nigeria military in whole africa because the nigeria army is very good fighters and high experience in modern combat. the nigeria army train overseas europe asia and others, so we fear them. even egypt our biggest arab leader of africa is not so good army like nigeria. the nigeria army more intelligent in battle field but egypt has more many weapons to defeat nigeria.

but we arab countries all fear to attack nigeria, it is too big and the people very smart we dont want to risk war to fight nigeria. any african nation that fight nigeria will suffer heavy casualty of lives. so libya hates nigeria but always afraid to fight war with the biggest black power of the earth.

the best of we arabs is egypt and algeria they will defeat nigeria in war but it will not be easy to win, we too will suffer heavy casualty. the south african and ethiopian military cannot defeat nigeria, it is only their dream it cannot come to reality. good modern weapons in south african military but too few number of the weapons and few soldiers to challenge a big black power nigeria.

i know what we arab nations think about you black nations power. we respect south africa, but we fear nigeria.

true every sensible african nation fear to war against that nigeria military, they are very dangerous in tactics of war. their military doctrine was studied in egypt military academy and it is seen that nigerian army comabt tactic is too much mixed of many europe and asia and other super power tactics including israeli army tactics the nigeian army practice for operation combat.

its so hard to fight nigeria because of their mixed tactics you cannot understand how they operate, the report we have from the libya miltary advisers from russia is that ecomog war shows that nigerian army tactics is full of surprise actions the enemy never expect. the russian colonel at libya said if you fight nigeria army with military textbook you will lose the war because the nigerian soldiers officers do some strange combat tactics in infantry war.

the south africa military need to hire more numbers of soldiers to increase their army if they want to be african new big power. also their 26 grippen jets is good modern but too small few numbers to rule the sky of africa. arab air force rule the sky of africa now, no black nation can challenge us yet.

i just fear that becaus eof the mali war, nigeria is planning a new powerful air force, we read in some world news of nigeria thinking now of buying the best china jets called JF-17 Thunder and if they buy it, nigeria is danger to we arab countries of africa, you see the jet down there i pasted the pix of it, very good to challenge arab F-16 jets and Mig 29, but we can be superior with algeria SU-30 jets if we pilot with tactical dogfight.

army in africa, egypt 1st, algeria 2nd, nigeria 3rd, ethiopia 4th, south africa 5th (south africa is shortage of numbers in heavy weapons, too few artillery and too few soldiers)

navy in africa, south africa 1st, nigeria 2nd, egypt 3rd, algeria 4th, ethiopia zero navy no navy (it has no ocean water). only nigeria and south african navy has stealth ships to beat we arab african navy.

air force in africa, egypt 1st, algeria 2nd, south africa 3rd, ethiopia 4th, nigeria far behind maybe number 9th behind angola, uganda, sudan, morocco that have SU-27 jets and Mirage F1

the best powerful military of africa all armed forces army navy airforce combined, is easy to know if you want to be true.

EGYPT 1ST

ALGERIA 2ND

NIGERIA OR SOUTH AFRICA OR ETHIOPIA STRUGGLE TO BEAT EACH OTHER TO BE 3RD

if the nigerian air force buys that new JF-17 Thunder multirole jet fighter they become threat to we arab countries of africa. any body knows how far the new discussion with china and nigeria air force to buy the new jets ? please give information free, i am not trying to spy your country.

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CRAZY NIGERIAN trying to prove a point. Numbers in war mean nothing, the kind of weapons and technology you use is what will win you the war. Do you know anything about the weapons of mass destruction and chemical warfare, SA has that capability. Just google it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2013
Capnd143: nice to hear! But i just found out from a military source that close to 50% of nigerian weapons are not documented! Therefore meaning the are not in the UN WEAPON INVENTORY, that is why nigeria is rated low! I personally have seen, motorized rocket launchers( the type used by brazil and togo) which are not documented in the inventory, a Ranking officer said "nigerian army is not an army of pictures" . The are several weapons undocumented including a soviet built long range Missile system, i had not even know we had(though in a little bad shape), there up to 3 navy warships, undocumented, several many others. I dnt knw nigerian army choose to conceed its military strength, bt its sure must be a military stragedy for element of surprise.

You are a master of fabricating lies. Nigeria does not have such things. If you don't have you don't have, accept it. Nigeria has a lot to deal with and military is the last thing to them to rebuild. The roads are bad in Nigeria, hunger and poverty is rife. No sanitation and more rural than urban.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2013
andrewza:

Yes you correct a lot of it is not document. A lot of countries do that. Actually all of them. But hinding a locally produced rocket is easy. Hiding tanks is not. All so the cobra is a turkish wepaon. When they sold it to you they had to report it. Same for SA. I can go online and look at what we sold.

Has for unreported wepaons.
1 long rang russian misseils. You mean north korean knock off SCUD SLBM tahat never took place.

Your MLRS are listed by janes. The UN dose not do stock takeing of wepaons. So I don't under stand the UN wepaon list. None of our stuff are listed on the UN.

People in nigeria think that because they don't see pics there is jhigh secricy. It not true. You may hide small arms but all your major wepaons are knowen about. Though some times there level of maintence is not known
sorry to inform you that you may be ill informed bro, the UN has an organ that does that and is sent to other Organisations! When i mean soviet missile, i didnt mean north korean missile trade that was blocked by the us in arising fears of a posible military coperation with their major enemy! A western military analyst, former military/security adviser to us embassy in nigeria said that he was surprised to learn that Nigeria had a Soviet built missile. The only problem stopping us from acquiring ICBM's is the US. . .this is because countries that we would have had military coperations to develop missiles are enemies of the us e.g Iran and North korea, so the Us always put pressure to stop any of such military coperations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2013
sheyie2007:
Dude, nobody is disputing your university ratings... see, the ratings matter but it's products counts ... Nigeria have produced enough wiz.. we have Nigerians in NASA.. do you know a large percentage of black doctors in the US are Nigerians? Speak of engineering and ICT we dey.. so bra, the future is bright! Jealousy my bottom

In your dreams, speaking of the US, the large percentage of black doctors there are African Americans. I have been to the US for a year before and the only black doctors I have seen were black Americans. My sister (Nurse) first started to work in Alaska before she headed to the UK in London for better wages.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2013
Msauza:

In your dreams, speaking of the US, the large percentage of black doctors there are African Americans. I have been to the US for a year before and the only black doctors I have seen were black Americans. My sister (Nurse) first started to work in Alaska before she headed to the UK in London for better wages.
sorry to disapoint you bro, but even as early as the 80's when nigeria educational system was still very weak we had over 10,000 doctors in uk alone. Analyst say there have been serious increase since then, so do the calculation my bro. Google is your freind.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:28am On Feb 28, 2013
Capnd143: sorry to disapoint you bro, but even as early as the 80's when nigeria educational system was still very weak we had over 10,000 doctors in uk alone. Analyst say there have been serious increase since then, so do the calculation my bro. Google is your freind.

Source please. Nigerian trained doctor is the worst doctor you can ever find in the world. Do you know that Nigerian trained doctors cannot practice right away without going for a bridging course in the US and UK. South African trained doctors and Nurses are the best in the world and are preferred in the US and UK, infact they do not need any bridge to practice medicine in the US and UK. That's why you see so many Nigerian and Ghanaian doctors in our universities doing bridging to meet the international standard.

Just read how bad are Nigerian doctors in the UK and I like it here;

In 2010, graduates from seven medical schools from Nigeria were banned from seeking work in the UK, because of alarm over falling standards of training. How many of such doctors were caught in SA without proper papers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9771022/Revealed-3-in-4-of-Britains-danger-doctors-are-trained-abroad.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2013
Concering the size of the nigerian army to SA army and how this effects the battel. Nigeria has a larger army yes but they have a much smaller number of APC and IFV to move there army. Here are some basic numbers.

SA (this is total force including those belonging to reserve force battlions)
1200 plus ratels of all type. To be fare I will say 800 ratel 20s and 90s with 264 Badger (SA spec Patra AMV) on order and in priduction and testing phase.

This is the SA armys mechnized force

Nigeria
Around 10 BTR 60s. Status
Around 72 VBL
Around 200 cobras
Around 10 saracens
Around 70 MT-LBs
Around 250 Steyr 4K7FA-G127
Around 70 MOWAGLAV
Around 50 BTR 3u
Around 50 BTR 80UM
Around 20 Panhard M3s
Around 12 Gila
Around 75 sasxons
Ubkowen EE-11 Urutu let's say 100

So around 1000 APC and IFV of all typs. Less than 1200 ratels.

But SA has more in servise
Around 540 mamba MK3s
Around 400 RG32s
Around 390 casspir MK3s

There is all so 2400 buffels that are in resserve (aka not in servis but still there).

Has shown though Nigeria army is larger SA can move them arround mutch better than Nigeria. With more IFV than Nigeria has APC and IFV combinded.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Capnd143: sorry to inform you that you may be ill informed bro, the UN has an organ that does that and is sent to other Organisations! When i mean soviet missile, i didnt mean north korean missile trade that was blocked by the us in arising fears of a posible military coperation with their major enemy! A western military analyst, former military/security adviser to us embassy in nigeria said that he was surprised to learn that Nigeria had a Soviet built missile. The only problem stopping us from acquiring ICBM's is the US. . .this is because countries that we would have had military coperations to develop missiles are enemies of the us e.g Iran and North korea, so the Us always put pressure to stop any of such military coperations.

You do know what a ICBM is right. It is a means to launch a nuke at insane ranges. Most people confuse the ICBM with the SLBM.

Never heard of these UN wepaons people. They never set foot in SA and if any orgonistion or country told us to show them our wepaons we would tell them to go have sexual intercourse with them selfs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Our university system is 10 times more advanced then nigerias we spent more per capita on education because we want a stable and prosperous future for our people.

Why does our education budget concern you am I sensing mild jealously here or what

No doubt your university system is better than that of nigeria's, but we in nigeria always produce the more brilliant students. Last year a nigerian student, score the highest CGPA ever recorded at hopkins university in the united states, ever (both black, white or asian students) EVER. We are the most brilliant africans, nigerian students always excel in their schools.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2013
Let's look at tanks.

SA again both active and for reserve force

250 olphant MK1s (both A and B)
Around 25 olphant MK2s

Nigeria

Around 20 AMX 30s
Around 170 vikers
Around 100 T55s
Unkowen T72 let's say 100 (will try to find estermet tonight)

So around 390. Though the T55 where killed in large numbers by Ratels and a so would the AMX 30s. The vikers and T72s are your true MBT force with the T55s and AMX 30s more a light tank.

Over all Nigerias tank force is a very power full force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

The same fingers are pointing right back at you, just look at how many of your countryman are in jail in foreign countries for drug, human trafficking and scamming its more than any other nation on this planet yet you point fingers while your own backyard aint clean.

Yep, I agree with you many of my country men are in jails in many countries around the world but here is the main fact. At the main echelon of business, success nigerians are always at the top of the chain, including your very own south africa. If their is a top black executive in the US or europe there is an 80% chance that that CEO or COO is a nigerian.

Damn!!! A nigerian run/lead consortium recently bought GATWICK airport, UK's 2nd largest airport.

WE ROCK!!!! At these years afcon, in your dear south africa, our superstar performer stole the show, after doing his oliver twist song, and on top of the world song, the whole stadium erupted in chants of MORE MORE MORE!!! D'BANJ.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Fact is Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique, Angola, Botswana played a much bigger role and lost there citizen including facing frequent cross border military raids, so don't think you are special other countries suffered directly unlike Nigeria Fact.

Civil servants took pay cuts in nigeria, to pay for your struggle
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 28, 2013
other than the Otokar Cobra(404 units) and Panhard VBL(272 units) which are heavily deployed for CTCOIN operations.

- the last photo of a Steyr 4K 7FA tracked APC(300 units owned) seen anywhere was taken in 1989.

- As we speak, nobody can show me a photo of a ZSU 23-4 SPAAG Shilka (60 units) , even as we all know that they were deployed for ECOMOG duties.

- the last photo of any Panhard AML 60 (90 units owned)seen was shot in the late 1970s.

- a Panhard Sagaie(46 units in service)

- We have seen photos of Scorpion light tanks(150 units) and Vickers Mk.III Eagle MBTs(170 units) here

- We have seen photos of MOWAG(70+70 units) and MT-LB APCs(67 units).

- We have seen photos of Roland Air Defence missile systems(36 units) – thanks to the Golden Jubilee P’rade, in 2010

- We saw photos of Palmaria SP arty(50 units) at the Golden Jubilee P’rade.

However, what the referenced equipment logs say, including entries into the UN Register by countries selling the hardware or obtained independently from manufacturers is reliable enough, whether or not you see. We are talking about credible agencies and their published reports here and not hollow jingoistic claims.

NO PHOTOS BUT DELIVERIES CHRONICLED

The following hardware systems which 99% of us have not seen either are entered into the same logs (some or all of IISS Military Balance, UN Register, SIPRI, Jane’s, Army Guide, Army Recognition )

- T55 tanks…the first-ever tanks owned by Nigeria wef 1978 with an initial haul of 50 units. 50 more units have been added for a total of 100 (see footnotes)

- 30mm gun-armed Fox scout cars..55 units been in service since the 1980s Shagari-era splash. Not a photo seen till date

- 120 units of 90mm gun-armed Panhard AML 90. Not a photo available since induction in the 1970s and 1980s

- 75 units of 90mm gun-armed Engesa EE-9 Cascavel since induction in the 1980s

- BTR-60s (20 units)

- modernised BTR-70s(18 units)

- BTR-3s(47 units)

- EE 11 Urutu APCs(5 units)

- Panhard M3 APCs(18 units)

- GILA MRAPs(12 units)

- T72 tanks(110 units).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120: other than the Otokar Cobra(404 units) and Panhard VBL(272 units) which are heavily deployed for CTCOIN operations.

- the last photo of a Steyr 4K 7FA tracked APC(300 units owned) seen anywhere was taken in 1989.

- As we speak, nobody can show me a photo of a ZSU 23-4 SPAAG Shilka (60 units) , even as we all know that they were deployed for ECOMOG duties.

- the last photo of any Panhard AML 60 (90 units owned)seen was shot in the late 1970s.

- We have seen photos of Scorpion light tanks(150 units) and Vickers Mk.III Eagle MBTs(170 units) here

- We have seen photos of Roland Air Defence missile systems(36 units) – thanks to the Golden Jubilee P’rade, in 2010

However, what the referenced equipment logs say, including entries into the UN Register by countries selling the hardware or obtained independently from manufacturers is reliable enough, whether or not you see. We are talking about credible agencies and their published reports here and not hollow jingoistic claims.

The following hardware systems which 99% of us have not seen either are entered into the same logs (some or all of IISS Military Balance, UN Register, SIPRI, Jane’s, Army Guide, Army Recognition )

- T55 tanks…the first-ever tanks owned by Nigeria wef 1978 with an initial haul of 50 units. 50 more units have been added for a total of 100 (see footnotes)

- 30mm gun-armed Fox scout cars..55 units been in service since the 1980s Shagari-era splash. Not a photo seen till date

- 120 units of 90mm gun-armed Panhard AML 90. Not a photo available since induction in the 1970s and 1980s

- BTR-60s (20 units)

- BTR-3s(47 units)

- GILA MRAPs(12 units)

- T72 tanks(110 units).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2013
SA blacks are lost causes... they have nothing to show africa as an achievement.. instead, they point fingers at foreigners for their problems.. your technological capability is more than that of nigeria's no doubt. But who controls it? Blacks? nahhh... don't play the SA whites are of south African origins with me wena... let look at origin and compare intelligence NIGERIA and south Africa, you know your boss grin grin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2013
Msauza:

Source please. Nigerian trained doctor is the worst doctor you can ever find in the world. Do you know that Nigerian trained doctors cannot practice right away without going for a bridging course in the US and UK. South African trainned doctors and Nurses are the best in the world and are preferred in the US and UK, infact they do not need any bridge to practice medicine in the US and UK. That's why you see so many Nigerian and Ghanaian doctors in our universities doing bridging to meet the international standard.

Just read how bad are Nigerian doctors in the UK and I like it here;

In 2010, graduates from seven medical schools from Nigeria were banned from seeking work in the UK, because of alarm over falling standards of training. How many of such doctors were caught in SA without proper papers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9771022/Revealed-3-in-4-of-Britains-danger-doctors-are-trained-abroad.html

If they're bad why do you have Nigerian doctors employed in Sa?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2013
TOWED ARTILLERY

Way back in 1992 and 1993, Nigeria took delivery of the following artillery weapons from Romania

* A total of eleven units of 130mm long-range artillery. ALL the logs on the planet currently indicate 7 pieces of 130mm towed artillery, which was what was delivered in 1993. Nobody appears to realise that before then in 1992, an initial haul of 4 units had been delivered.

The correct number of 130mm guns is therefore ELEVEN units and NOT seven units as reported globally.

2) No log, no military balance has EVER recorded the FACT that in 1993, four units of 152mm towed artillery were delivered to Nigeria from Romania.

No orbat or military balance report has EVER listed this till date..

seven units 130mm long-range guns, eleven units of APR-21 122mm MRLS and four units of 152mm gun-howitzers.

ROCKET ARTILLERY

The APR-21 is the Romanian variant of the Soviet BM-21 122mm MRLS. All the logs either indicate that Nigeria hold 5 units, which is what was delivered as an initial haul in 1992 or 11 units which is what was delivered in 1993. For the avoidance of doubt, By the same token, the Nigerians ACTUALLY own 16 pieces of APR-21 122mm multiple barrel rocket launchers(MRLS).

In a 2000 report, the Institute of Security Studies actually put the final tally of APR 21 MRLS at 25 units

SEE

SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

In its 1990-91 report, the IISS Military Balance listed Nigeria as holding 25 units of Oto Melara Palmaria 155mm. This represented the complete sequence of first cycle deliveries on a contract which was signed in 1982.

Subsequently, in 1992,1993,1993,2001 and 2007, Nigeria took delivery of a further 24 units of Oto Melara Palmaria 155mm self-propelled artillery. All the logs currently read 25 or 27 units whereas based on the 1990-91 Military Balance entry of 25 units, the second cycle deliveries of 24 units of that system as contained in the UN Register should indicate a total of 49 units. Jane’s Armour and Artillery put the figure of Palmaria 155mm SP guns in Nigerian service at FIFTY. This is based on a 1982 order for 25 units and a 1990 order for a further 25 units.

In effect, the final tally of artillery systems reads like this:

M56 105mm artillery – 200 units* true number classified

Oto Melara 105mm howitzers – 18 units

D30 122mm gun-howitzers – 200 units

M46 130mm long-range guns – 11 units *true number classified

D20 152mm howitzers – 8 units

Bofors FH77A 155mm towed howitzers – 24 units

Bofors FH77B 155mm towed howitzers – 48 units* true number classified

Oto Melara Palmaria SP howitzers – 50 units

ROCKET ARTILLERY

APR 21 122mm MRLS – 25 units* true number classified

BM 21 122mm GRAD MRLS – 5 units

Field Artillery – 510
SP Artillery – 50
Rocket Artillery – 50

TOTAL – 590 systems( over classified)

Allied Artillery Systems

330 mortars+hundreds of ZPU 14.5mm AA guns, 20mm Vulcan AA guns, ZU 23mm AA guns, ZSU-23-4 Shilka SPAAG, Carl Gustav 84mm RCLs, M40 106mm RCLs and bazookas.

Attack nigeria, any country in africa and we would send you all to stone ages.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 28, 2013
Msauza:

I doubt if you have been to SA, you wouldn't have gone back to Nigeria of course. The lot of you here are illegal selling drugs, pimps and trafficking small girls. Our parents are as well complaining that during their time there had never been so many drugs they see today, so many sicknesses they see today, so many misdemeanour they see today. Ever since the arrival of this jobless millions Nigerians who go about selling nyaope to our school children, our once loved country has transformed from bad to worse. I am not xenophobic, I just hate foreigners who leave their countries and come to destroy children of their hosts. They pretend to have come here as refugees but their deeds are not just acceptable.
I've been to your country, and you've not been to mine, the little you know is owing to nairaland and Google.. preview other pages, I don't need to stress it anymore that i'm more exposed than you are. Everybody knows y'all lazy, and you have this funny mentality that foreigners work harder just to keep their jobs..SA is just 50 mil and your challenges are so disturbing.. like I said put the Nigerians selling drugs in jail you have jurisdiction over them but don't blame them for luring your narcotic drug using children into doping...mzauza don't come near my children (child abuser that found nairaland)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2013
Msauza:

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CRAZY NIGERIAN trying to prove a point. Numbers in war mean nothing, the kind of weapons and technology you use is what will win you the war. Do you know anything about the weapons of mass destruction and chemical warfare, SA has that capability. Just google it.

He is not a nigerian. He doesn't write like a nigerian.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120: other than the Otokar Cobra(404 units) and Panhard VBL(272 units) which are heavily deployed for CTCOIN operations.

- BTR-60s (20 units)

- BTR-3s(47 units)

- GILA MRAPs(12 units)

- T72 tanks(110 units).

I was right with the T72s. Around 100.

I only got 200 cobras

I wrote in the wrong number for the VBL I got 287.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120: TOWED ARTILLERY

Way back in 1992 and 1993, Nigeria took delivery of the following artillery weapons from Romania

* A total of eleven units of 130mm long-range artillery. ALL the logs on the planet currently indicate 7 pieces of 130mm towed artillery, which was what was delivered in 1993. Nobody appears to realise that before then in 1992, an initial haul of 4 units had been delivered.

The correct number of 130mm guns is therefore ELEVEN units and NOT seven units as reported globally.

2) No log, no military balance has EVER recorded the FACT that in 1993, four units of 152mm towed artillery were delivered to Nigeria from Romania.

seven units 130mm long-range guns, eleven units of APR-21 122mm MRLS and four units of 152mm gun-howitzers.

ROCKET ARTILLERY

The APR-21 is the Romanian variant of the Soviet BM-21 122mm MRLS. All the logs either indicate that Nigeria hold 5 units, which is what was delivered as an initial haul in 1992 or 11 units which is what was delivered in 1993. For the avoidance of doubt, By the same token, the Nigerians ACTUALLY own 16 pieces of APR-21 122mm multiple barrel rocket launchers(MRLS).

In a 2000 report, the Institute of Security Studies actually put the final tally of APR 21 MRLS at 25 units

SEE

SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

In its 1990-91 report, the IISS Military Balance listed Nigeria as holding 25 units of Oto Melara Palmaria 155mm. This represented the complete sequence of first cycle deliveries on a contract which was signed in 1982.

Subsequently, in 1992,1993,1993,2001 and 2007, Nigeria took delivery of a further 24 units of Oto Melara Palmaria 155mm self-propelled artillery. All the logs currently read 25 or 27 units whereas based on the 1990-91 Military Balance entry of 25 units, the second cycle deliveries of 24 units of that system as contained in the UN Register should indicate a total of 49 units. Jane’s Armour and Artillery put the figure of Palmaria 155mm SP guns in Nigerian service at FIFTY. This is based on a 1982 order for 25 units and a 1990 order for a further 25 units.

ROCKET ARTILLERY

Field Artillery – 510
SP Artillery – 50
Rocket Artillery – 50

Allied Artillery Systems

330 mortars+hundreds of ZPU 14.5mm AA guns, 20mm Vulcan AA guns, ZU 23mm AA guns, ZSU-23-4 Shilka SPAAG, Carl Gustav 84mm RCLs, M40 106mm RCLs and bazookas.

and bro you have far forgot tons of others not in any inventory worldwide, e.g the 70mm avibras SBAT-70 rockets [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4515955998_7cde38caa8.jpg[/ing]

now please listen to information from the african union site please

nigeria has more than 10 armoured divisions with 5 thousand armoured vehicles
200 fighter crafts(including undocumented su-35's)
5 nuclear weapons( range of 1000 NM)
source:AFRICAN UNION MILITARY INFO SITE
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120: TOWED ARTILLERY

ROCKET ARTILLERY

SEE

SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

ROCKET ARTILLERY

Field Artillery – 510
SP Artillery – 50
Rocket Artillery – 50

Allied Artillery Systems

200 D30s! That can put down a big barrege

With only 330 motars they must be a battlion level wepaone. In SA a batlion has 3 levels of motar.

60mm commando at platoon level
60mm long range or 81mm for mechnized at company level
120 at battlion level

SA has
Around 50 G6 155mm SPH (best SPH in the world)
Around 75 G5 155m towed howitze (longest ranged 155 in the world)
Around 120 batleru MLRS
Around 120 valkiri MLRS

So 50 SPH
75 towed guns
240 MLRS

The G7 is going to enter production soon. And I did not bother to mention the older guns since they would not be in sevise exept a few for cermional purpose.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120:

Yep, I agree with you many of my country men are in jails in many countries around the world but here is the main fact. At the main echelon of business, success nigerians are always at the top of the chain, including your very own south africa. If their is a top black executive in the US or europe there is an 80% chance that that CEO or COO is a nigerian.

Damn!!! A nigerian run/lead consortium recently bought GATWICK airport, UK's 2nd largest airport.

WE ROCK!!!! At these years afcon, in your dear south africa, our superstar performer stole the show, after doing his oliver twist song, and on top of the world song, the whole stadium erupted in chants of MORE MORE MORE!!! D'BANJ.

Ahhh!!! This is childish.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Henry120:
He is not a nigerian. He doesn't write like a nigerian.

Lol!!! How do Nigerians write.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Capnd143: and bro you have far forgot tons of others not in any inventory worldwide, e.g the 70mm avibras SBAT-70 rockets [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4515955998_7cde38caa8.jpg[/ing]

With your deffes budget you want me to beilfe that lie. 5 thousand AFV. Really 5 nukes. Since when. Only one african countrie has had nukes and has the infustructer to build them and that is SA

200 fights. Really. Where you hiding them. Undocmented SU35s? What drugs are being used here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Capnd143: and bro you have far forgot tons of others not in any inventory worldwide, e.g the 70mm avibras SBAT-70 rockets [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4515955998_7cde38caa8.jpg[/ing]

This is the product of Nigerian education system. Since when did Nigeria have nuclear weapons.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
andrewza:

With your deffes budget you want me to beilfe that lie. 5 thousand AFV. Really 5 nukes. Since when. Only one african countrie has had nukes and has the infustructer to build them and that is SA

200 fights. Really. Where you hiding them. Undocmented SU35s? What drugs are being used here.

I'm afraid, but I have to disagree with my compatriot. We do not have SU35's, nigeria does not have the nuclear technology to build nukes. We do not have 5thousand AFV.

Our security budget for 2012 minus the police, was 6 billion usd. We own AFV's in a couple hundreds and not near a thousand. It is false. That is wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

Nigeria is in a hunt for western capable fighters and also the jf-17 thunder of sino-pak origin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Msauza:

Ahhh!!! This is childish.

Nothing childish there. It goes to show how nigerian pop culture and business men have been embraced by the whole of africa and countries in the west.

If a nigerian breaks the law in SA, jail him. However respect his fundamental human rights. We respect foreigners and are hospitable in my country, there are thousands of south africans living and working in nigeria. Black, white and indian south africans. As well as loads of west africans. However same cannot be said of SA, which has a very hostile approach to wards africans. Take a look at the yellow fever card debacle, spat nigeria had with SA. You deported 130 of our citizens and we reciprocated in like 125 south africans deported. It is now an eye for an eye.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AfroArab: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
=======================
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
andrewza:

I was right with the T72s. Around 100.

I only got 200 cobras

I wrote in the wrong number for the VBL I got 287.

For the otokar cobras, we are expecting more cobras this year. So probably our number could rise up to 450-480 otokar cobras fitted with but 12.7mm hmg or the basic GPMG. Nigeria still operates most of the modern otokars in africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
AfroArab:

please stop to insult me. i am arab of north africa. i am not black man like you. all you very rude to talk. we arab dont very much like to be part of you africa, we want to be part of middle east. but just the geography map put us together with you black africa, we north africans is not a black people. dont call me nigeria again because i not from there, okay.

the nigeria army enter our land in arab sudan we dont like it. dont call me nigerian again. we dont like the black african army enter our arab land with military forces to do ecomog in our land. all we north african nation are brothers. and the great pharaoh land egypt is our leader.

you stop to insult me to call me a black africa or nigeria man. arab get angry very quick. احذر لك احذر لك means i warn you not insult me again or else i leave your website and go my way.

Okay, first of all, I find this comment to be very racist and offensive. If you do not like his comment refer to him alone. He is a south african. Do not lump all black people together and insult our race. I'm not going to take it lightly with you the next time you repeat it. This is just a warning, refer to him, and to him alone. He is south african.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.