Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,941 members, 7,922,319 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:30 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4503206 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Common myths but all wrong. SA devloped most of its tech with out any help from europe and we deloved a lot before them. Such has V lap, helmet mounted lock on sights, MRAP.

Israel built a few of our strike crafts(the rest where built in durban) and helped with the cheeta program(witch are not in servise)
Would you mind telling me the southafricans that build those techs,and where they got their training from or were they self-taught.?
Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: google,
'Nigeria to acquire missile technology from N.korea'.

Seems you wanted to buy Scud knock offs from NK. Not build a ICBM. It makes littel point to me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: it still dosen't change the fact that the arpatheid researchers(which were not originally Southafricans) kept their research in SA and also transfered technical know-how from their former countries to southafrica.
Besides,Israel were also instrumental to your technical edge.
Imagine if England transfered nuclear and other kinds of tech to Nigeria during the colonial era,we would probably be a superpower by now.
But no,they only wanted to exploit.

What do you mean by they were not South Africans. Their ancestors arrived in SA in 1652, thus it makes them proudly South Africans.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

SA are really going ham on naijan grin shocked
Since you guys are expert can you present us others armies esp those in let say top 10/5
Also Syndergp&co where are your lists/own rankings
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: Would you mind telling me the southafricans that build those techs,and where they got their training from or were they self-taught.?
Lol

Witch techs. There many. And they got it in SA we got of world class unvirstys.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Seems you wanted to buy Scud knock offs from NK. Not build a ICBM. It makes littel point to me.
we wanted to buy like like 6-7 of those scuds,tear them apart,study them,and then create a local variant.
We also wanted to use them as a platform to launch our home-made space and rocket technology.
ICBM is a little beyond our reach for now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

What do you mean by they were not South Africans. Their ancestors arrived in SA in 1652, thus it makes them proudly South Africans.
well okay,if you say so .
I understand why you would claim them wholly.
Who wouldn't?
I would,if i were in your shoes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

Since you guys are expert can you present us others armies esp those in let say top 10/5

In africa Algeria is very powerfull lots of advance wepaons. Chad has a lot of experiance. Angola has a good airforce and ok army. And of course egypt thanks to 2billion dollars in aid from amrica.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: okay,i just checked it now.
You are correct.
SA is bigger than Nigeria.
Though I dont think there is anything in SA that is not in Nigeria,except diamonds.
What about platinum and manganese. Platinum deposits are even more expensive than gold and is mined in Rustenburg and Limpopo.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

http://www.janes-defense-weekly.com

The worlds most trusted online military source.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: well okay,if you say so .
I understand why you would claim them wholly.
Who wouldn't?
I would,if i were in your shoes.

It doesn't matter how R-Kelly got in America, but still he is an American. That's where he grew up and I don't think there is anywhere he can live other than USA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

So tell me who is currently working in the factories that manufacture these things. I see u still have a slave man mentality. Reach what because u still use consult the very white people u insult aren't u not. Didn't the Europeans have imput and didn't they do the technology transfers to the majority of your industries,you're GEJ is asking them right now to invest in your electricity sector and train your people.

Once again when a Nigerian looses a argument he resorts to such foolish lowsgrin
like Solomon said, apartheid shaped SA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: we wanted to buy like like 6-7 of those scuds,tear them apart,study them,and then create a local variant.
We also wanted to use them as a platform to launch our home-made space and rocket technology.

You don't even build a jet engine yet you want to build a SCUD?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

In africa Algeria is very powerfull lots of advance wepaons. Chad has a lot of experiance. Angola has a good airforce and ok army. And of course egypt thanks to 2billion dollars in aid from amrica.
ahaha no pictures undecided cry sad
How about Libya can we still rank them?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza: What about platinum and manganese. Platinum deposits are even more expensive than gold and is mined in Rustenburg and Limpopo.
we have both.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

It doesn't matter how R-Kelly got in America, but still he is an American. That's where he grew up and I don't think there is anywhere he can live other than USA.
But not by origin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

your own ranking sir
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

We'll get there boss, at least we built our satellite
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: we wanted to buy like like 6-7 of those scuds,tear them apart,study them,and then create a local variant.

People are dreamers here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

we were supposed to get tech transfer from N.korea to Nigeria as part of the deal.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

People are dreamers here.
who are the dreamers?
You underestimate us badly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

A good site for local african news

www​.defenceweb.co.za/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

A good site for local african news

www​.defenceweb.co.za/
Beegeagle is better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: we have both.
Not in commercial quantities, Jos has
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: Would you mind telling me the southafricans that build those techs,and where they got their training from or were they self-taught.?
Lol

Would u mind telling us where the US got some of there uranium from in the early 1950-1960's.

Back then technology transfers took place amongst allies but things changed in 1965 with sanctions and nuclear proliferation treaties.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:
Not in commercial quantities, Jos has
Is jos not in Nigeria?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

Would u mind telling us where the US got some of there uranium from in the early 1950-1960's.

Back then technology transfers took place amongst allies but things changed in 1965 with sanctions and nuclear proliferation treaties.
They got it from allies.
So?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: Beegeagle is better.

Beegeagle is a blog not a resource site it mostly gives info on Nigerian Army.

Janes gives u expert opions by analysts and military experts, including marketing by arms manufacturers like BAE, Lockheed and Denel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: Is jos not in Nigeria?
The world is concerned about its commercial quantity...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: your own ranking sir

Don't understand the question
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

Beegeagle is a blog not a resource site it mostly gives info on Nigerian Army.

Janes gives u expert opions by analysts and military experts, including marketing by arms manufacturers like BAE, Lockheed and Denel.
I was actually comparing beeg with defence.co.za.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
South Africa,
My Msauza
My Mzansi
My Vuzu
My Rainbow nation

The most beautiful country in Africa
Economic powerhouse of Africa
I love you!!!
Indeed am a proudly South African.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.