Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,941 members, 7,922,318 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:19 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4503201 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
there are a all most 3 million Zimbabweans in sa. Most living in townships. The seen has job stealers since they work for less and people like to hire them because if they get fired they to afraid to report them due to a fear of deportation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2013

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
snydergp:

Did u tell that pastor or whatever he is that south africa is a secular state and religion don't control our daily lives like in your blind society who believes anything a pastor tells them.

Your religious controlled state including its Zombie followers of these cult like churches (business entities) should take a leaf out of SA's with regards to these "multinational business enterprises".
religion doesnt control SA? But msauza confirmed in one of his posts that SAs do pedophilia becos they were told by ritualists that they could be cured of AIDS if they do pedophilia. And you come here to tell lis that you are not controled by religion?

It is important for you to know that pst chris isnt too big in nigeria like he is in SA. His "atmosphere for miracles" programme is banned by the national broadcasting commission. This is not an infringement religious freedom as his atmosphere for faith is still allowed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
snydergp:

Did u tell that pastor or whatever he is that south africa is a secular state and religion don't control our daily lives like in your blind society who believes anything a pastor tells them.

Your religious controlled state including its Zombie followers of these cult like churches (business entities) should take a leaf out of SA's with regards to these "multinational business enterprises".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
i really think we should get back to the topic. The reason i am here is to know more about the military. Am just begining to know certain things about military. I have an uncle and a cousin who are biafra war veterans. But since they are generations older than me and that they are not contemporary soldiers, there is little they can tell me about the Nigerian military and militaries in general.

@andrewza what can be a military secret since virtually all countries know the what weapons other countries have in their arsenal? And how important is terrain in warfare?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
@andrewza did you take those pics in your office? What is that which looks like a laptop?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
souldust: i really think we should get back to the topic. The reason i am here is to know more about the military. Am just begining to know certain things about military. I have an uncle and a cousin who are biafra war veterans. But since they are generations older than me and that they are not contemporary soldiers, there is little they can tell me about the Nigerian military and militaries in general.

@andrewza what can be a military secret since virtually all countries know the what weapons other countries have in their arsenal? And how important is terrain in warfare?

With the advent of the space age it has become much harder to hide what you have. Truth is most of the info is not given out by milltarys but by countries or from milltary anyalists. But that dose not mean countries can not keep secrits. Training, doctrian, level of readness extra extra.

And in war time it becomes even more imporated. But that is a diffrent storry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
souldust: @andrewza did you take those pics in your office? What is that which looks like a laptop?

No I work on a ship. It was from a deffense expo.

It part of our comms sytems. It is one of SANDFs strong points. Even how old comms sytem are pretty high tech with solar reachging pannels and some other nice feturs but the new ones.

They have ZAlink (a secure Data link communcation)
Frequncie hoping
SMS fuction
Blue tooth
USB
GPS(that will let the comanda know the location of the radio)
Built in Elictronic counter messures

And that is for the reguler troops. The sytem our SF use is is crazy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
Not bad for SA army. Let me share these new photos of naija policemen in somalia

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nigerian cops seem to have better AK's than army with what seems to be skelton folding stocks.

What the vechile in the last pic. Looks like I have seen it some where.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is the same rifle they are using in somalia, but I cannot I'd it.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
It looks like one of the newr AK's with a rail for optics and a fore grip. It is a lot better than what the army is using.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
andrewza: Nigerian cops seem to have better AK's than army with what seems to be skelton folding stocks.

What the vechile in the last pic. Looks like I have seen it some where.

The vechicle is a streit made APC, widely used in nigeria and now transported abroad for use in au mission.

The AK is a 2012 model, I do not know the name though, but I posted a pic of it in full for everyone to see it better. Naija police mainly use this one or the chinese made type-56
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2013

SAPS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 27, 2013
souldust: religion doesnt control SA? But msauza confirmed in one of his posts that SAs do pedophilia becos they were told by ritualists that they could be cured of AIDS if they do pedophilia. And you come here to tell lis that you are not controled by religion?

It is important for you to know that pst chris isnt too big in nigeria like he is in SA. His "atmosphere for miracles" programme is banned by the national broadcasting commission. This is not an infringement religious freedom as his atmosphere for faith is still allowed.

Who told u he is big in SA because there are larger evangelical churches headed by locals here. He doesn't get air play on our national free to air broadcast TV channels only DSTV I think broadcast some of his programs.

My friend there's a difference between traditional rituals mostly practiced by rural dwellers and mainstream religious followers in SA, most people attend churches but still retain a part of there ancestral believes and practices.

In Nigeria evangelical churches enjoy cult status with pastors no longer placing the values of modesty and care for they neighbor first, but outright selflessness and outrages popstar like status is a norm amongst ur pastors especially in bigger urban areas, and this is something u can't deny even ur own FG has strongly condemned this practice.

Pedophilia is not that big issue amongst blacks in SA the most reported cases mostly involved whites in recent years even though the scourge of r*pe is a problem, that said it only became a national issue because of large media and civil society campaigns to force goverment to act with urgency on such crimes against woman and children.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 27, 2013
Here's more pics of the SAPS Task Force and military.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 27, 2013
http://worldnews.about.com/od/crime/tp/Top-Murder-Rates-In-The-World.htm
snydergp:

Can I post u the link to Mbeki's auto biography including the SA national museum archive on the life of Thabo Mbeki which clearly states in detail where Mbeki got his training and university qualifications which mainly took place in London and Moscow, together with his deployment to Lusaka Zambia where ANC had its main base.

He was never schooled or trained in Nigeria, u can't fool a SA citizen who've read many books and archives of SA liberation history all know what was Mbeki mission when he was sent to Nigeria that is all history to us.
http://www.sahistory.org.za/people/thabo-mvuyelwa-mbeki

Read it and tell me what you find and stop making nonsense stories here.

You continuesly talk about SA being a crime riddled wreck yet u fail to talk about all the robberies being committed in Nigeria on public roads where people don't even feel save to drive in certain national roads.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/letters/41289-daylight-roberies-on-nigerian-roads

Here is another report on the hidden violent crime scourge in Nigeria which never hit the international headlines because its a well known fact that next to Mexico, Nigeria is the second best when it comes to violent armed robberies which.

"Twenty people were killed today and two others were badly hurt in armed raids in Kaboro village."

Bandits stormed the village and began shooting indiscriminately in a remote area 120km from the state in Zamfara state
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/twenty-killed-by-robbers-in-nigeria-1.1414410

Now things like this even how bad SA's crime levels are never happen not even once post the apartheid era has a bandits and robbing people killed so many innocent people. If this happened SA there would've been a national inquiry into the massacre, but in Nigeria this was only a Zamfara state problem not a federal issue.

Stop making as if Nigeria in terms of violence are better of then SA because its not.

Why can't some of u not stick to a particular topic and not deviate from it when u cannot win a argument or discuss like adults. Why is this a particular national custom of most of u Nigerians on this site when u either discuss SA or other african nations.
angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry
grin grin http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html

You should be crying niggah
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

Who told u he is big in SA because there are larger evangelical churches headed by locals here. He doesn't get air play on our national free to air broadcast TV channels only DSTV I think broadcast some of his programs.

My friend there's a difference between traditional rituals mostly practiced by rural dwellers and mainstream religious followers in SA, most people attend churches but still retain a part of there ancestral believes and practices.

In Nigeria evangelical churches enjoy cult status with pastors no longer placing the values of modesty and care for they neighbor first, but outright selflessness and outrages popstar like status is a norm amongst ur pastors especially in bigger urban areas, and this is something u can't deny even ur own FG has strongly condemned this practice.

Pedophilia is not that big issue amongst blacks in SA the most reported cases mostly involved whites in recent years even though the scourge of r*pe is a problem, that said it only became a national issue because of large media and civil society campaigns to force goverment to act with urgency on such crimes against woman and children.

Not a big issue? Are you fvcking kidding me? It's flipping alarming.. I read the news everyday.. SMH
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:35am On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:
Not a big issue? Are you fvcking kidding me? It's flipping alarming.. I read the news everyday.. SMH

So do I and I do a daily you tube search of south africa. I acctualy just looked at all the head lines on News 24. Nothing about any church. I know about the pastor you talking about and his supports in SA are a mixture of low educted South Africans (witch thanks to aparthied we have in large amount) and Nigerians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:49am On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007: http://worldnews.about.com/od/crime/tp/Top-Murder-Rates-In-The-World.htm
grin grin http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html

You should be crying niggah

Highst reported crime. Nigerias crimes stats acttualy most of your stats given by the goverment can not be trusted. There fore no one knows the true level in nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:55am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:59am On Feb 27, 2013
souldust: religion doesnt control SA? But msauza confirmed in one of his posts that SAs do pedophilia becos they were told by ritualists that they could be cured of AIDS if they do pedophilia. And you come here to tell lis that you are not controled by religion?

This is a stupidity of the highest order. Everyone who is terminally ill will of course look out for every possible chance to be healed from the bondage of the sickness. Foreign pastors and traditional doctors in SA profess themselves as messiahs with the sole aim of conning our people of their hard earned income. This does not, however, translate into the whole country endorsing the demonic cult of this foreigners and our constitution does not support any religion, Christian, Muslim, Buddha, etc. Your so called Pastor Chris or whatever you call him and others were recently called to order by the Action Treatment Campaign, the organisation protecting the rights of people living with HIV in SA to stop deceiving people by lies. Moreover, Pastor Chris was even arrested after hosting a night vigil @ FNB stadium and taken for questioning after he was suspected of bribing people to pretend as if they were lame and terminally ill.

This is what the so called pastor Chris does in SA

http://nigeriatrends.com/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-solemnises-mercy-johnson’s-dubious-wedding/

How the hell do you call South Africans paedophiles while your pastors are raping 12 year olds.

http://nigeriatrends.com/pastor-in-edo-state-defiles-12-year-old-girl-in-church/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2013
FACT:

NIGERIA = SA in 1960
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Highest reported crime. Nigerias crimes stats acttualy most of your stats given by the goverment can not be trusted. There fore no one knows the true level in nigeria.
Dude, you've been on this platform for a while now, and i'm not saying there's no crime in Nigeria.. the fact is it's low compared to SA (accurate stats or not)...The world knows that. Investors/tourists won't flood in like they're doing if it's so high in addition to our BH boys menace in the north... Before god and man, I witness robbery in PTA (again after 5 years) during my visit to SA (2011) can never forget that day.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza: FACT:

NIGERIA = SA in 1960
FACT:
SA - AFRIKAANS = SOMALIA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza: FACT:

NIGERIA = SA in 1960
keep deceiving yourself.
There is nothing SA has that Nigeria cannot get.
We don't need them as we are not under any direct threat from any part of Africa.
Besides,most military hardwares and stuff that countries like Egypt and Nigeria have are usually hidden,unlike SA that displays all to the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: keep deceiving yourself.
We don't need them as we are not under any direct threat from any part of Africa.
Besides,most military hardwares and stuff that countries like Egypt and Nigeria have are usually hidden,unlike SA that displays all to the world.
I concur. Thought i was the only one that noticed it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2013
scipher:
Dude, you've been on this platform for a while now, and i'm not saying there's no crime in Nigeria.. the fact is it's low compared to SA (accurate stats or not)...The world knows that. Investors/tourists won't flood in like they're doing if it's so high in addition to our BH boys menace in the north... Before god and man, I witness robbery in PTA (again after 5 years) during my visit to SA (2011) can never forget that day.

Never siad SA crime rate was low. It is high and viloent. But kbow one knows the true crime rate of Nigeria. It may not be higher than us but it is high. And our poliece are doing a better job than the cops in Nigeria. Most crimes in SA are gang related.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Why do people think nigeria has there wepaons hidden. That is wrong and not correct. Just because you don't have pics dose not mean they hidden.

When was the time Nigeria had a full scalle milltary exersize.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2013
scipher:
FACT:
SA - AFRIKAANS = SOMALIA

Afrikaans is proudly South African. Hulle is baie trot vir Suid Afrika.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: keep deceiving yourself.

South Africa is an Arms manufacturers and just like France, UK, USA they portray the specifications of their homemade military technology. Nigeria does not have the ticket to do that as each and every of their Army fighter vehicles and weapons are imports. Specifications of all Nigerian weapons are available in the websites of the country of their origin. For instance Nigeria uses cobras and the info about cobras are readily available in the country of their manufacturers (Turkey). Beside Nigeria had only upgraded their Army recently by importing almost 100% of their new arms procurement. Nigeria have nothing to hide it is just that they do not have licence to parade such weapons as their own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.