Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,941 members, 7,922,318 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:19 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4503201 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: yeah,you have a point.
The Nigerian defence industry is growing due to our partnership with defence partners like the
-DENEL-south-africa
-MAROM-DOLPHIN-israel
-china
-india.
We are mass producing APCs,gunboats,riffles,bullet-proof vests,military outfits,war-boats e.t.c.
Most of our military hardwares are being maintained or repaired in Nigeria.
We have started the manufacturing of drones.
The way things are going,we may be the first sub-saharan nation to have a home-made missile technology,which we almost got from N.korea if not for america that blocked the trade

What drone are u talking about because those AMEBO-III drones are not hightech they are still in a developmental stages and would need 5-10 years before u can consider them operationally capable and world class.

Dude have u seriously though what u wrote when u said Nigeria will build africas first missile system, based on N. Korea'sgrin.

SA has had a ballistic missile program and capability since 1976 already which had platforms to deliver nuclear devices 30 years before N. Korea even dreamed of having such.

Did u know SA uses its own indigenous missile defense systems and even exported these systems to Nato, S. America and Asia alike, please google the A/B-DATAR, Umkhonto and Mokopa IR missile systems and u will see how far ahead SA is interms of missile technology and other aerospace systems. SA remains the only african nation whose technology went to the moon and back please google it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: southafrica does not have more natural resources than Nigeria.
Maybe congo,but not southafrica.

Before u comment do ur research and then approach me with credible verifiable facts please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Capnd143: the high murder rate is because of Boko haram manace in the north! It is years since i experienced robbery, and to be frank i havnt read of robbery incidents in any dailies or heard via tv/radio for the past 5 years!

This was taken from a UNODC report and it excludes terrorist related deaths. Go google the UNODC report yourself and then come and say that same sh*t again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Capnd143: the high murder rate is because of Boko haram manace in the north! It is years since i experienced robbery, and to be frank i havnt read of robbery incidents in any dailies or heard via tv/radio for the past 5 years!

Here is your answer hope this will stop you from posting your foolishnesstongue
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/twenty-killed-by-robbers-in-nigeria-1.1414410

AND
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/letters/41289-daylight-robberies-on-nigerian-roads

Ignorance is truly bliss in your community
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: southafrica does not have more natural resources than Nigeria.
Maybe congo,but not southafrica.

YOU LIE!!! with capital letters, Nigeria does not have manganese, copper, uranium, aluminium, platinum, iron ore, etc. Only crude oil
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

What drone are u talking about because those AMEBO-III drones are not hightech they are still in a developmental stages and would need 5-10 years before u can consider them operationally capable and world class.

Dude have u seriously though what u wrote when u said Nigeria will build africas first missile system, based on N. Korea'sgrin.

SA has had a ballistic missile program and capability since 1976 already which had platforms to deliver nuclear devices 30 years before N. Korea even dreamed of having such.

Did u know SA uses its own indigenous missile defense systems and even exported these systems to Nato, S. America and Asia alike, please google the A/B-DATAR, Umkhonto and Mokopa IR missile systems and u will see how far ahead SA is interms of missile technology and other aerospace systems. SA remains the only african nation whose technology went to the moon and back please google it.
Good your masters provided them ... we all know y'all black asses cant manufacture shiit... all they crave for is BEE... I'm proud to be from a black nation that reached this might against all odds.. cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

YOU LIE!!! with capital letters, Nigeria does not have manganese, copper, uranium, aluminium, platinum, iron ore, etc. Only crude oil
You're brain dead... Nigeria has other resources check this http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/geo_nat_res-geography-natural-resources
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Henry120: Nigerian use 4x4 pick up, toyota or ford ranger trucks, as primary police vehicles in nigeria. We also use 406 Peugeot sedans and innoson sedans. What is wrong with that? What is there 2 laugh about. You guys should be reasonable when making arguments.

SAPS is using every new car on the market, ranging from VW Golf 5,6,7 GTi, AUDI, BMW, TOYOTA, OPEL, LAND ROVERS, etc, and some are even driving most expensive cars for underground operations. You will be amazed looking at how equipped are those police. I mean an international standard and not forgetting the fact that SAPS are rated among the best in the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:
You're brain dead... Nigeria has other resources check this http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/geo_nat_res-geography-natural-resources

They will never equal minerals that SA has. Like it or not
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

SAPS is using every new car on the market, ranging from VW Golf 5,6,7 GTi, AUDI, BMW, TOYOTA, OPEL, LAND ROVERS, etc, and some are even driving most expensive cars for underground operations. You will be amazed looking at how equipped are those police. I mean an international standard and not forgetting the fact that SAPS are rated among the best in the world.
undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

Nobody is disputing that, I'm just proving to the world that you're uninformed..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

This is a bloody lie.
The North of Nigeria is filled with solid minerals like uranium,iron lead,gold,silver,polonium,zinc-ores e.t.c.
Niger-republic has the one of the highest uranium deposits in africa and it shares a border with Northern-Nigeria.
The only thing we don't have is diamond(yet).
The south of Nigeria is filled with hydrocarbons like crude-oil and bitumen,rubber,cocoa,e.t.c.
Infact,we have the highest deposit of bitumen, coal and natural gas reserves in the world.
Google these things up.
I can't post a link now,as i am not with my laptop.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

what does SA has apart from diamonds?
SA is not as big as Nigeria,so the probability of it having more natural resources is low.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:
Nobody is disputing that, I'm just proving to the world that you're uninformed..
Nobody is disputing what?
Smh.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:
Good your masters provided them ... we all know y'all black asses cant manufacture shiit... all they crave for is BEE... I'm proud to be from a black nation that reached this might against all odds.. cool

Both the mokap, A datar and soon to be land based Umkonto are new sytems of the new SA

Apartheid SA had the ingwen AGM witch is still being improved. The first ingwen could only be used by AFV like the ratel where the newst version is light enough to be used on a tripod like the milan. It may replace the milian in SA severs soon enough.

Algeria used Ingwen on there Hinds witch a SA deffense commpany upgraded. Actualy SA fly one of the most advanced Hinds in the world. It sole job is to be a markiting tool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

That was the excuse America gave when we wanted to get missile tech from the N.koreans.
They said we were about to have the uneviable position of being the first subsaharan nation with missile tech,and they discouraged us from buying.
As for the capability of our drones;
we will get there faster than you think.
(kudos to SA,you guys have come a long way)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: what does SA has apart from diamonds?
SA is not as big as Nigeria,so the probability of it having more natural resources is low.

Hello!!! Please you must go to school to finish your grades. SA is far bigger than Nigeria. In fact, our land mass equals Nigeria + Ghana
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Both the mokap, A datar and soon to be land based Umkonto are new sytems of the new SA

Apartheid SA had the ingwen AGM witch is still being improved. The first ingwen could only be used by AFV like the ratel where the newst version is light enough to be used on a tripod like the milan. It may replace the milian in SA severs soon enough.

Algeria used Ingwen on there Hinds witch a SA deffense commpany upgraded. Actualy SA fly one of the most advanced Hinds in the world. It sole job is to be a markiting tool.

The arpatheid era already set the foundation for tech devt in SA.
We are starting from scratch.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
sheyie2007:

So tell me who is currently working in the factories that manufacture these things. I see u still have a slave man mentality. Reach what because u still use consult the very white people u insult aren't u not. Didn't the Europeans have imput and didn't they do the technology transfers to the majority of your industries,you're GEJ is asking them right now to invest in your electricity sector and train your people.

Once again when a Nigerian looses a argument he resorts to such foolish lowsgrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: what does SA has apart from diamonds?

Did you really say that and ask that.

Diamonds are a very small part of our income.

We not that much smaller than you. Your population is bigger but land mass is a diffrent thing.

Any case we have platuniem(actually number 1) gold, coal, natrul gas, iron, urianim extra extra

We all so found the largest depost of hydrogen in the world in SA. There are a number of componys biding for mining rites there. But we need to insure it is done properlly.

We all so refine most of our products giving us a greater price.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Msauza:

Hello!!! Please you must go to school to finish your grades. SA is far bigger than Nigeria. In fact, our land mass equals Nigeria + Ghana
okay,i just checked it now.
You are correct.
SA is bigger than Nigeria.
Though I dont think there is anything in SA that is not in Nigeria,except diamonds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: The arpatheid era already set the foundation for tech devt in SA.
We are starting from scratch.

Nigeria was independet from 1960. Technicly around the same time has SA since we only became a republic in the 60s.

SA wepaons resherch only begain in the 1970s. Before that we used hand me downs from the west with a few purcheses. So that is a poor exsuse since Aparthied did all it's wepaons reshearch under sactions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Did you really say that and ask that.

Diamonds are a very small part of our income.

We not that much smaller than you. Your population is bigger but land mass is a diffrent thing.

Any case we have platuniem(actually number 1) gold, coal, natrul gas, iron, urianim extra extra

We all so found the largest depost of hydrogen in the world in SA. There are a number of componys biding for mining rites there. But we need to insure it is done properlly.

We all so refine most of our products giving us a greater price.

I was just kidding though.
I know SA had other resources,but it seems you guys depend more on diamonds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: That was the excuse America gave when we wanted to get missile tech from the N.koreans.
They said we were about to have the uneviable position of being the first subsaharan nation with missile tech,and they discouraged us from buying.

Didn't u say u will be the first african nation to develope missile technology. Do u even know what infrastructure u need in order to build such things
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: That was the excuse America gave when we wanted to get missile tech from the N.koreans.

Unless you can provide a source I doubt the missiel story. Nigeria Air force has only short ranged interceptors and alpha jets for ground attack yet you want me to beilfe they would waist cash on a verey expensive misseil program with out there even being a threat that would make the cost worth it.

A ICBM/SLBM is more than just a misseil. It a launch platform, raddar sytem, a gaurded and sercure base of oporation. Basical for the price of one SLBM battrie nigeria could get a light infantry battlion witch would be of much more use.

There is a resone SA has not carried on with the ICBM/SLBM reshearch. It cost a lot for a tech we don't need any more(no cubans to nuke) and we could spend that money on much more need stuff.

Basicaly where is the proof.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: I was just kidding though.

What year you living in. Diamonds are by far not even close to a big money earner for us. We get more from Coal imports than diamonds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

Nigeria was independet from 1960. Technicly around the same time has SA since we only became a republic in the 60s.

SA wepaons resherch only begain in the 1970s. Before that we used hand me downs from the west with a few purcheses. So that is a poor exsuse since Aparthied did all it's wepaons reshearch under sactions.
it still dosen't change the fact that the arpatheid researchers(which were not originally Southafricans) kept their research in SA and also transfered technical know-how from their former countries to southafrica.
Besides,Israel were also instrumental to your technical edge.
Imagine if England transfered nuclear and other kinds of tech to Nigeria during the colonial era,we would probably be a superpower by now.
But no,they only wanted to exploit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
andrewza:

What year you living in. Diamonds are by far not even close to a big money earner for us. We get more from Coal imports than diamonds.
okay.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
snydergp:

Didn't u say u will be the first african nation to develope missile technology. Do u even know what infrastructure u need in order to build such things
google,
'Nigeria to acquire missile technology from N.korea'.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: I was just kidding though.

That is where you are wrong my friend. Gold was the major but now platinum takes the cup.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: it still dosen't change the fact that the arpatheid researchers(which were not originally Southafricans) kept their research in SA and also transfered technical know-how from their former countries to southafrica.
Besides,Israel were also instrumental to your technical edge.
Imagine if England transfered nuclear and other kinds of tech to Nigeria during the colonial era,we would probably be a superpower by now.
But no,they only wanted to exploit.

Common myths but all wrong. SA devloped most of its tech with out any help from europe and we deloved a lot before them. Such has V lap, helmet mounted lock on sights, MRAP.

Israel built a few of our strike crafts(the rest where built in durban) and helped with the cheeta program(witch are not in servise)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
solomon111: This is a bloody lie.
The North of Nigeria is filled with solid minerals like uranium,iron lead,gold,silver,polonium,zinc-ores e.t.c.
Niger-republic has the one of the highest uranium deposits in africa and it shares a border with Northern-Nigeria.
The only thing we don't have is diamond(yet).
The south of Nigeria is filled with hydrocarbons like crude-oil and bitumen,rubber,cocoa,e.t.c.
Infact,we have the highest deposit of bitumen, coal and natural gas reserves in the world
Google these things up.
I can't post a link now,as i am not with my laptop.

Yes u have oil, but that coal part my friend SA has the largest deposits of coal in the world including the second largest coal terminal in world.

Can I ask why are u even commenting

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.