Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4516140 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
South Africa will soon become the hub of technology where all researchers across the globe will gather. Research from all aspects of life, military, communications, space, medicine, etc will be done here in Mzansi;

http://www.ska.ac.za/

The SKA will facilitate all this to us and even boast our economy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
*yawn*
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
agaugust:

Globacom nigeria has been rated superior to MTN technically. sorry bro, you mis-fired.

We use 4G or LTE already in SA and MTN were the 3rd operator to implement it in SA last year in 5 of our major cities.

I guess naija will get it next year if BH don't bomb the new towers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
sheyie2007:
While glo supplied a sub marine cable for the first time in africa ..and linked your sorry asses to the uk

When was that last year because the first cable in SA was supplied 10 years ago by Telkom SA and SA has 6 cables now with two connecting the east coast of Africa.

By the way WAC's is the largest bandwidth fiber optic cable on the west coast of africa which is owned by MTN.tongue
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WACS_(cable_system)

Now stop talking sh*t which globcom are u talking about because South African companies own the majority of the undersea cable currently under west/east coasts of africa.

Like I told u before u can tell those nonsense to a stup*d naija boy who will believe that crap do your research.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
We can argue about military and GDP, but in terms of infrastructure and tourism, No pleeeeease, SA does not have a competition in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Msauza: We can argue about military and GDP, but in terms of infrastructure and tourism, No pleeeeease, SA does not have a competition in Africa.

You need to visit the oil rich Algeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
agaugust:

Algeria has many ares that are far behind the lowest area in SA. Of course they all so have many well of ares same has libya.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
agaugust:

There is no city that is better than Cape Town in Algeria. Algerian cities have a lot of mosques, that's what they call infrastructure my friend and it's only the area where they will beat us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
The R18.2 billion symbio-city project in Pretoria is expected to kick start late this year and ends in 2018;

http://www.urbika.com/imgs/projects/large/7334_centurion-symbio-city.jpg

This project will result in the 442 storey building surrounded by 80 and 60 twin towers. This will bring days of reign by 223 storey Calton center in coner of smal and commissioner streets to end.

Calton Center: http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/12366/wm/pd1021592.jpg
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
Msauza: South Africa will soon become the hub of technology where all researchers across the globe will gather. Research from all aspects of life, military, communications, space, medicine, etc will be done here in Mzansi;

http://www.ska.ac.za/

The SKA will facilitate all this to us and even boast our economy.

You always forget that other countries of the world are not F00LS that sleep and watch you take control but i agree South Africa will be the world headquarters for HIV AIDS research because there are more than enough people to use for the experiments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
agaugust:

You always forget that other countries of the world are not F00LS that sleep and watch you take control but i agree South Africa will be the world headquarters for HIV AIDS research because there are more than enough people to use for the experiments.

Don't worry we are warming up the seat for you. Surely, the way things are, three years will be enogh for Nigeria to assume the first position. Five years ago you were sitting on position 10 according to WHO and just in five years you climbed the ranks to claim position three. Tell me what will happen in another five years to come.

By the way it seems as if you don't understand anything about SKA. This was an international project and many countries contested to be the hosts of the projects and ultimately it was won by SA and Australia. SA was representing Africa and will host 2 of the SKA projects while Australia will have only one. By international law all countries will have to come here to conduct research related to SKA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
The list of all the countries who have bid for SKA and are as well member state to the project together with 67 big organisations;

The SKA - a global project

Australia

Brazil

Canada

China

France

Germany

India

Italy

Japan

Korea

Netherlands

New Zealand

Poland

Portugal

Russia

South Africa

Spain

Sweden

UK

US

http://www.skatelescope.org/the-project/history-of-the-organisation/participating-countries-2/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
Capnd143: now this is really funny! Cameroun soldiers could not even take on our militants group when the struck their border infiltrated their land and kill 18 gerdames.! The same militants group were all intercepted during a gun duel with nigerian naval forces after being called to the rescue!
]
your own definition of afraid is what marvels me bro! The same cameroun soldiers whn nigerian troops drove out of bakassi just overnight by the orders of the president!
"
the same cameroun who ran to france to strike a military pact because of nigerias growing military influence
"
the same cameroun who barely have enough fighters to take on our RECCE BATTALIONS!
{
the same cameroun who use our military hardwares to conduct naval patrols and drills
]
the same cameroun who can hardly survive a 3month war with Nigeria with their 25b and gdp and minial foreign reserve, whose economy is describeb by cia as among the world's worst?
The list keeps going bro . . . . There is no need to fight among ourselves(africans)! We should work together to create a beter africa bro . ,
stop lying to make a point.
When u at it give me the report which said Cameroon economy is among the world's worst will b waiting.
After insulting and bashing we should work among ourselves....oya will b waiting from u.
25b? Instead of stop lying and think I should say get educated It's clear you are talking about what you don't know.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Capnd143: even the dumpest ass in the world knows Nigeria would have eradicated cameroun of the face of the earth, if it wanted to go to war! What weapons do cameroun have to justify ur statement? Nigerian amphibious troops were stationed all around bakasi peninsula waiting 4 presidential orders to strike which never came in. Nigerian troops just like any other soldiers were following orders when it left the peninsula nt because the couldnt fight bt because of ICJ ruling and 4 peace 2 reign! Nw see the results of the peace; camerounian troops conduct regurlar naval drills on Nigerian warships! Would this have been posible if we went to war ? No . . . So i personaly respect the decision of our govt!
lmao propaganda Smh.big liar

It's funny how your country can't tackle a small terrorist group, but cant eradicate a whole country of the face of the earth.
You are very funny I must admit
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Henry120:

My friend would you please apply your brains in thinking, don't just make statements all the time because you want to take a jab at nigeria.

Nigeria is one of africa's top guns and the sole military power of west africa, with an economy 2times the combined economy of all the countries in west africa.

Abacha was the person in recent times who sent troops to bakassi peninsula, attack some camerounian soldiers attacked us. We over ran that place and controlled it up until the green tree agreement was signed. We did not further advance to douala or yaounde the capital of cameroon, because of france.

At that time, we could not afford to engage france in combat because of two major issues Economics and french military power. We were indebted to the paris club, 35 billion dollars in debt at that time, we needed a debt relief of 18billion dollars from the paris club. It didn't / doesn't make any sense to go to war with france. So the best option for nigeria was, and I believe former president obasanjo took the best option for us, loose bakassi to france ( cameroun is a french satellite state, same as all countries in francophone west africa, apart from GABON) and get 18billion dollars in debt relief.

this was in 2002-2004/5, I have posted our economic returns for 2012 above and the gains are impressive, very impressive, we are currently number 2 in africa in line to be number 1. The urge for foreign goods reduced by 43% while exports grew by 16%, your country south africa would do anything to get this sort of numbers.

Don't just get into bashing because you fell like, there should be an articulate. I have been educating you south africans, it is left to you guys to think and make credible arguments and not just ignore the facts and continue to wallow in ignorance.
you are the ignorant here who clearly knows nothing about Cameroon and Central Africa in general it is sad people like u have access to internet only to spit lies and propaganda.
So Camerooon is a France satellite but Gabon is not.
What is Nigeria? The naughty lady of all the Western world. Your leaders take it deep from the Usa Russia and even France.
E.g Nigeria first African country to vote in favor of a Westernfl(France invasion) invasion of ivory coast.
Nigeria is working hands to hands with France to fight mali your military is defending France interests and promoting Western imperialism yet It's cameroon the French satellite smh.
In term of economy ToTal and Peugeot are playing the biggest role in your economy and employing thousands of Nigerian how many French companies exist in Camerooon and what are their influence.
I weep for Naijan and their delusion of grandeur.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
snydergp:

Don't talk nonsense and twist issues you delusional misfit. Since when did SA take part in the Bakassi war. Your the socalled giants of africa you have the military power as you claimed that can overrun any 50000 stronge army in West Africa now you seeking excuses Cameroon is a tiny nation and showed your bloated Ego's that they are a better better army then NA even if France supported them, you claim to be biggest gun on the block and the fact that no army will ever win a war against you.

Just accept you lost control of the Bakassi and that you couldn't bully Cameroon into submission FACTtongue
their bully can't reach us, that's why the average naijan hate Cameroon/Cameroonian.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: their bully can't reach us, that's why the average naijan hate Cameroon/Cameroonian.
There is no reason to bully cameroon.
You are not an obstacle at all.
If not for the ICJ judgement,you wouldn't have the guts to come anywhere near bakassi.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
solomon111: There is no reason to bully cameroon.
You are not an obstacle at all.
If not for the ICJ judgement,you wouldn't have the guts to come anywhere near bakassi.
you clearly don't know the chronology of the events in Bakassi. We have been fighting and killing your soldiers long before the ICJ judgement. Get educated.Google is your friend.
I'm going to class will b back
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are the ignorant here who clearly knows nothing about Cameroon and Central Africa in general it is sad people like u have access to internet only to spit lies and propaganda.
So Camerooon is a France satellite but Gabon is not.
What is Nigeria? The naughty lady of all the Western world. Your leaders take it deep from the Usa Russia and even France.
E.g Nigeria first African country to vote in favor of a Westernfl(France invasion) invasion of ivory coast.
Nigeria is working hands to hands with France to fight mali your military is defending France interests and promoting Western imperialism yet It's cameroon the French satellite smh.
In term of economy ToTal and Peugeot are playing the biggest role in your economy and employing thousands of Nigerian how many French companies exist in Camerooon and what are their influence.
I weep for Naijan and their delusion of grandeur.
so because we have total and peugeot in our country,it means we are a western puppet?
Smh.
Do you know the meaning of a western puppet?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
solomon111: so because we have total and peugeot in our country,it means we are a western puppet?
Smh.
I know and Nigeria fits well.
Ivory coast and Mali are others great example.
What makes Cameroon a French puppet?
No French military base in Cameroon?
So how and why are we puppet?
And you have the guts to say Gabon is not a French puppet.
You are a joke, come back with proper informations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you clearly don't know the chronology of the events in Bakassi. We have been fighting and killing your soldiers long before the ICJ judgement. Get educated.Google is your friend.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you clearly don't know the chronology of the events in Bakassi. We have been fighting and killing your soldiers long before the ICJ judgement. Get educated.Google is your friend.
yes,you've been killing them and running back to cameroon.
Why not face them like men?
Besides,bakassi has always remain under Nigerian country,until recently when we had to let go,due to the ICJ judgement.
Since you've been killing them,why didn't you forcefully claim bakassi all these while.
Why wait for us to release it?
You guys are lucky we don't have a military president.
He would have ignored the ICJ judgement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nigeria couldn't win a simple case It's now Cameroon is a french puppet.
When the main resource of your wealth is at the hands of the same French right?
In case you didn't French begged us to not retaliate after the last killing of our soldiers which was not even the action of your military lmao because they(french) have more investments in naija than in Cameroon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I know and Nigeria fits well.
Ivory coast and Mali are others great example.
What makes Cameroon a French puppet?
No French military base in Cameroon?
So how and why are we puppet?
And you have the guts to say Gabon is not a French puppet.
You are a joke, come back with proper informations
we don't have a military base in our country despite numerous appeal from america.
We have continually rejected many military pact offers from England and america,while cameroon has one with france.
France determines the economic destinies of francophone african countries.
They are also the reason for the mistrust between Nigeria and cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Nigeria couldn't win a simple case It's now Cameroon is a french puppet.
In case you didn't French begged us to not retaliate after the last killing of our soldiers which was not even the action of your military lmao because they(french) have more investments in naija than in Cameroon.
lol.
You want to revenge what against Nigeria?
That would have been suicidal for cameroon.
France were wise enough to advise against such stupidd course of action.
We would have gotten the excuse we need,to invade cameroon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Nigeria couldn't win a simple case It's now Cameroon is a french puppet.

please lets stop this type of talk. I hate to see Nigeria and Cameroon fight. We are close neighbors and old time friends. Ghana and Cameroon were Nigeria's two best friends in the B.iafra war . Cameroon refused to agree with France and break up Nigeria in B.iafra war. I hate to see Nigeria and Cameroon quarell, our people have married each other across the border and have families with children now.

Please no quarell, I am begging you all. Thanks
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
agaugust:

please lets stop this type of talk. I hate to see Nigeria and Cameroon fight. We are close neighbors and old time friends. Ghana and Cameroon were Nigeria's two best friends in the B.iafra war . Cameroon refused to agree with France and break up Nigeria in B.iafra war. I hate to see Nigeria and Cameroon quarell, our people have married each other across the border and have families with children now.

sentiment shared, but tell your people to stop lying or putting us down to make a point.
No one likes to take BS. Thank you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
How can someone say cameroon is not a french puppet without laughing? Cameroon is a putain du français! (srry bro i like that word grin)

The cfc Franc is controlled in Paris, when they want the value of african currency to go down, they lower it. Voilà they can import your goods more cheaply.... this is how they they turned hati from the richest nation of the carribean into a cesspool. The francophone nations are slaves and France will never free them

Remember Alassane Ouattara and Gbagbo?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Un homme blanc et son esclave domestique

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
pleep: How can someone say cameroon is not a french puppet without laughing? Cameroon is a putain du français! (srry bro i like that word grin)

The cfc Franc is controlled in Paris, when they want the value of african currency to go down, they lower it. Voilà they can import your goods more cheaply.... this is how they they turned hati from the richest nation of the carribean into a cesspool. The francophone nations are slaves and France will never free them

Remember Alassane Ouattara and Gbagbo?
I will break that later
But It's funny how the Euro zone is in deep crisis but the francfa has not been lowered.
Abeg when you don't know something don't make such statements
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:55am On Mar 13, 2013
solomon111: so because we have total and peugeot in our country,it means we are a western puppet?
Smh.

You are a pupet and sell out. You coplianed about SAS drakensberg but begged the french to invade a african country. Nigeria has never stood up to the west.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:53am On Mar 13, 2013
agaugust:

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.