Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,790 members, 7,882,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4478220 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: better than ethiopa. Angola also
infact my top 10 is:

Algeria
Nigeria
SA
Egypt
Uganda
Angola
Kenya
Rwanda
Tanzania
Botswana/Ethiopia

Is that your personal list
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: better than ethiopa. Angola also
infact my top 10 is:

Algeria
Nigeria
SA
Egypt
Uganda
Angola
Kenya
Rwanda
Tanzania
Botswana/Ethiopia

I beg to differ with your list.

First off Egypt is number 1 in africa. Those guys receive 2 billion USD in military aid yearly from america( plus they got the 3rd largest economy on the continent). After Israel, egypt is the second highest recipient of american military aid in the whole world.

Zimbabwe should replace bostwana in number 10

Ethiopia is way higher than that

Sudan should be in your list

Morocco should be in that list.

Botswana, tanzania and rwanda should be out
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 13, 2013
snydergp:

Is that your personal list
yes sir

SA practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXgeQ-H38u0
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 13, 2013
agaugust:

you are not ashamed to ask me for source? what sources did you quote on the past dozen pages of this forum? all your false claim about GV6 artillery range 100km, lies about nigerian army r.aping women in sierra Leone and many other claims you posted with no source to prove your claim.

You lost your credibility here and you should be ashamed to query my own.

I will not post any source for you because I am not posting to please you on this forum. I post for any interested public reader. Go sit down man

Give us the source.

I gave you a report by your own GOC.

You said the bofors was better in combat than the G6 and I gave u a link that gave u the specs and capabilities, so don't talk nonsense.

Still waiting for two days now for your response to the bofors vs G6 you can't be trusted on anything u claim here
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Henry120:

I beg to differ with your list.

First off Egypt is number 1 in africa. Those guys receive 2 billion USD in military aid yearly from america( plus they got the 3rd largest economy on the continent). After Israel, egypt is the second highest recipient of american military aid in the whole world.

Zimbabwe should replace bostwana in number 10

Ethiopia is way higher than that

Sudan should be in your list

Morocco should be in that list.

Botswana, tanzania and rwanda should be out
in term of stable Military no one will/should rank Sudan, are we talking about the same sudanwhich saw his installations destructed by israeli the day After? meaning israel was able to enter in their country ,strike and left without anyone knowing what's happening grin grin grin
Sudan is a joke it's just a big militia with war experience.
i might consider Ethiopia but somalia and erythrea showed that they ain't that good
i forgot morroco.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 13, 2013
you should stop negleting Botswana ..they are well trained and heavily armed .they are also very professional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Gu1TTufVM
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 13, 2013
Henry120: Do you guys realise ZIM also have a good military? Zimbabwe

Yes a very well trained one but lacks in funding over the past years due to politics.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 13, 2013
andrewza:

You got a strange list

First of is this list in order because if yes it really really mesed up.

Next etyopya has larger and better trained milltary than a few on the list.

And BDF? Yes BDF are well triand but they are a small milltary with only a few. Heavy wepaons and would be unable to stop a Zimbawen invasion with out a SA/SADC intervension. They geard towards slowing any invasion down long enough for help to arrive

Talking about that I would put SADC on that list and ECOMOG

SADC is the most unified of all the african blocks with close to zero chance of each other going to war and other than DRC and ZIM highlly stabel. SADC stand by brigade all ready had a joint exersize in SA and of the coast of nambia. Has a unit force we have no weakness

Ecomog is a bloc, just like SADC. Yes SADC, southern africa is way more stable than the rest of africa.

Besides Ecomog is basically made up of nigeria, guinea and senegal. The 12 other member nations of ecowas are basically "siddon look" members. They contribute very little- nothing. 0-15%.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 13, 2013
guess SA vs Naija ain't the only rivalry in Africa

let me introduce Algeria vs Morroco =Algeria wins hands down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxkorT4jFJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxkorT4jFJU

Algerian found their army alone , the only African country with no debts...THMBS UP ALGERIA, also they are more cool towards Africans(non arabs) than Egyptian
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 13, 2013
agaugust:

yes but they cannot finance a war at this time and for the near future. even now in time of peace zimbabwe is already financially broke, poor and hungry, so what will happen in time of war ? a country like nigeria with $50 billion cash reserve can enter a war and buy 20 SU-27 jets from ukraine's storage and pay 20 mercenary pilots to fly them. money is power ! big money, big power !

did you see the Type 97 IFV nigerian army just got newly ? look up this page.

its late night in my part of the world, africa is many hours ahead and almost waking up for new day. i have to go sleep now.

You are correct. The U.K and US really messed up that country.

I did, I saw them, very nice too, I must add.

It is 6:19 am in nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly ....they can't maintain a siege ..... grin grin grin
Africa is doomed

SA practice

Hahahahahaha, we got huge, mighty huge problems on this continent. The funny thing or not so funny thing is we are the richest continent in terms of mineral resources.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly ....they can't maintain a siege ..... grin grin grin
Africa is doomed

SA practice

Hahahahahaha, we got huge, mighty huge problems on this continent. The funny thing or not so funny thing is we are the richest continent in terms of mineral resources.

We need to develop indigenous capacity, quickly and pay more for education, fund education. Increase literacy level, average for all countries 75% at the very least.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2013
Henry120:

we will get there sooner or later...we have the fastest growing economies ..
Africa will shine again cool cool

we def need good leader , not the selfish one we actually have
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Henry120:

What the problem with video.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 13, 2013
agaugust:

yes but they cannot finance a war at this time and for the near future. even now in time of peace zimbabwe is already financially broke, poor and hungry, so what will happen in time of war ? a country like nigeria with $50 billion cash reserve can enter a war and buy 20 SU-27 jets from ukraine's storage and pay 20 mercenary pilots to fly them. money is power ! big money, big power !

did you see the Type 97 IFV nigerian army just got newly ? look up this page.

its late night in my part of the world, africa is many hours ahead and almost waking up for new day. i have to go sleep now.

Now that's something that I would disagree with you. Yes Zim still have political problems but on the economic side things are slowly turning the corner, and there's no food crisis in Zim even if there's a lack of some basics no and than but most of there people shop in Limpopo(SA) and Joburg and go back to trade in Zim.

There inflation has started to ease and tourism which were there second biggest exchange earner is starting to pick up again, even there agricultural sectors are improving especially tobacco exports.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 13, 2013
i think every African country can found a war that's why debt are meant for
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 13, 2013
CHAD they defeated Libya cool cool
Chad has a great and brave army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLPwhcq_PQ

they are doing all the job in Mali .thumbs up cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kvO33YjZ3M
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:52am On Mar 13, 2013
agaugust:

you are not ashamed to ask me for source? what sources did you quote on the past dozen pages of this forum? all your false claim about GV6 artillery range 100km, lies about nigerian army r.aping women in sierra Leone and many other claims you posted with no source to prove your claim.

You lost your credibility here and you should be ashamed to query my own.

I will not post any source for you because I am not posting to please you on this forum. I post for any interested public reader. Go sit down man

The g6 fired a round 100km you can look it up in the guniies book of world records.

And I gave you a wonderfull video to search for go to yitube and search for

UN - ECOMOG war criminals terrorising sierra leone and liberia
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2013
pleep: the funniest thing is.. most of these countries dont even have the logistical capacity to attack each other grin

Most african armies have one combat solder to 1 support solder where nato has 1 combat to 5 support the best african armies can only get 1 combat to 3(SA) support and many african armies have 3 combat to one support

And I will give my source tonight. It is a report and finding the weblink may take a long time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:06am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: let's not judge a whole army or country by what some did, yes a lot of nigerians raped and extorted sierra leonan but it happens everywhere , last time it was the american soldiers peeing on a dead corpse , many atrocities are committed during war and people tend to abuse of their power.

furthermore not every Ecomog soldier is Nigerian

There is a diffrence betwwen peeing on a dead boddie and get punished and shooting some one because you suspect he is a rebel and getting away with it. Nigeria made up most of the ecomog forces and the reporter did state he was with nigerians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 13, 2013
andrewza:

There is a diffrence betwwen peeing on a dead boddie and get punished and shooting some one because you suspect he is a rebel and getting away with it. Nigeria made up most of the ecomog forces and the reporter did state he was with nigerians.
There is no difference both are cruel and barbaric .....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:13am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you should stop negleting Botswana ..they are well trained and heavily armed .they are also very professional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Gu1TTufVM

No one is doubting there training and they have a few good wepaons but just to small in numbers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 13, 2013
andrewza:

You are a pupet and sell out. You coplianed about SAS drakensberg but begged the french to invade a african country. Nigeria has never stood up to the west.
we have stood up to the west before. BP was nationalized for SAs sake.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2013
souldust: we have stood up to the west before. BP was nationalized for SAs sake.
plese you have never stood up to he west ,stop deceiving yourself , even your independence wasn't the result of a struggle
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: There is no difference both are cruel and barbaric .....

I was talking about getting punished. 29 SA solders where imprisonded for have sex with prostiuts in DRC. The US peeing solders where punished. I agree you can't blam a army on a few bad appels but you can on what they do.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Whenever Africa rises above a cess pit you guys are going to regret spreading these horrible videos all over the internet... we will never live down our reputation as savages.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 13, 2013
pleep: Whenever Africa rises above a cess pit you guys are going to regret spreading these horrible videos all over the internet... we will never live down our reputation as savages.
they are on youtube., besides when you are on top you don't care about what others say about you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 7:34am On Mar 13, 2013
when white people were savages it was not caught on video.. we will never live this stuff down.

btw... the youtube censor does not even show white ppl getting brutalized like that.. only black. The Aluu4, people getting burned alive, etc etc. they have enough respect for their people to not spread that stuff for the world to see
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:36am On Mar 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i thought number doesn't count that much

Every thing counts. And there level of training and hardware is not enough to put off there size. They where strong enough that not even SADF viloted there terrorty during the border war but they where not strong enough to take the fight to us. Botswana in the current world is strong for what they need to do, border patrol,anti poaching and delaying any invasion long enough till help arrives. Unless the part of SADCBRIG then there light infantry and light armour will be of great help.

Zim army biggest problem is AIDS over 50% is estermated to be infected higher than the national averiage and a bigger problem than money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.