Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,317 members, 7,887,973 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:10 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1344446 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
DaveChapelle:

i dunno, those old Audis can be temperamental

We call them money bag of yesterday......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
also boils down to your preferences in a car...sun roof?, leather seats, stylish looks or box-like look...the old lexuses were well built, but they lacked a certain functional driving aggressiveness...somewhat too bland
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zeezaa(f): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
MamaTheMama:
Hello All,

Please people, is it true that one cannot use BC IELTS for Tier 2 visa application?

u can use BC IELTS if it UKVI Academic version of IELTS but if it is the ordinary one of 75k you can't use it. UKVI ACADEMIC IELTS is 97k
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
DaveChapelle:
also boils down to your preferences in a car...sun roof?, leather seats, stylish looks or box-like look...the old lexuses were well built, but they lacked a certain functional driving aggressiveness...somewhat too bland

That bland design was the style of them years...... Now sharp edges, curves and daytime running lights, are the new bland.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaTheMama: 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
zeezaa:

u can use BC IELTS if it UKVI Academic version of IELTS but if it is the ordinary one of 75k you can't use it. UKVI ACADEMIC IELTS is 97k

Sorry please I don’t understand. I have BC IELTS Academic, but I got the info thatI need to do another IELTS they call IELTS for UKVI academics, that it is the one that can be used for visa. I just need clarification on this. If it is true or just misinformation
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

That bland design was the style of them years...... Now sharp edges, curves and daytime running lights, are the new bland.......

Lexus is like great and all, but lacks the swag or aggressiveness of a german. its too gentle
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Lexus is like great and all, but lacks the swag or aggressiveness of a german. its too gentle

I heard you love them rough...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zeezaa(f): 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
MamaTheMama:

Sorry please I don’t understand. I have BC IELTS Academic, but I got the info thatI need to do another IELTS they call IELTS for UKVI academics, that it is the one that can be used for visa. I just need clarification on this. If it is true or just misinformation

it is true.

That's why people are advised to go for IELTS UKVI ACADEMIC because it can be used for NMC registration and UK visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zeezaa(f): 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

THANK YOU SO MUCH( it's long overdue)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
DaveChapelle:

if u like it so much, there are many IS 200s on autotrader...the A/c in mine wasn't working anyway...blown fuse or so....there are some for less than 1k, but i must say, if u r the 1st time UK driver....the insurance is pricy....and it has a high fuel consumption. I would advice you look for a good VW golf 1.6 litre. that's the other car i might have gone for, they are fun to drive, i hear Seat Leon is also a spanish golf of sorts

What about Nissan note or micra
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zeezaa(f): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:39am On Mar 29, 2019
umarwy:

if that's your style, go for it...i think the Micra is very rugged
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:40am On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Fast and Furious
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:33am On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Loads of good quality low budget cars, looking for a good home.......

You just have to do your research well............. This is the know what you are doing bit........

I prefer to go to car giant than individuals. The little extra you pay is for rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Mar 29, 2019
marylandcakes:

I prefer to go to car giant than individuals. The little extra you pay is for rest of mind.

Car giant is not banger nah.... I prefer to buy from manufacturer directly.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:19am On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
if that's your style, go for it...i think the Micra is very rugged

Style ke.

Just want something for s first car. Though I have been a driver for 19yrs but just doing my lessons.

My style might be Ferrari Daytona, c63amg, any coupe. No no to SUV in all variation. No to hatchback but the Honda EV looks very cool though.

PS anyone willing to fund my lifestyle please DM

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:21am On Mar 29, 2019
umarwy:

Style ke.

Just want something for s first car. Though I have been a driver for 19yrs but just doing my lessons.

My style might be Ferrari Daytona, c63amg, any coupe. No no to SUV in all variation. No to hatchback but the Honda EV looks very cool though.

PS anyone willing to fund my lifestyle please DM

This your lifestyle ehn, you go need to bring plenty pant........ grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2019
umarwy:

Note seems a better option........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Note seems a better option........

Yeah note is more roomy.

Hehehehehe I no no for pant matter oh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Mar 29, 2019
umarwy:

Yeah note is more roomy.

No be you mention bank of England bursting sport cars babe magnets.......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:52am On Mar 29, 2019
umarwy:

Yeah note is more roomy.

Get the Note, use it for 1/2 years. Build your no claims insurance (ensure you protect it), get familiar with the style of driving.......

Then go buy your AMG......... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:45am On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Car giant is not banger nah.... I prefer to buy from manufacturer directly.......

Lol, grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Lexus is messing up with their rubbish lego-like designs. I was telling a mate that I will not touch those RXs even if they give me free. But, volvo is upping their game!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Lexus is messing up with their rubbish lego-like designs. I was telling a mate that I will not touch those RXs even if they give me free. But, volvo is upping their game!

I agree about volvo, those chinko's are really trying..... Was eyeing a volvo XC40, but the Nigerian in me eventually settled for the C-HR...........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Get the Note, use it for 1/2 years. Build your no claims insurance (ensure you protect it), get familiar with the style of driving.......

Then go buy your AMG......... cheesy
What does protection mean
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
marylandcakes:

I bought my car from car giant. I was flabbergasted. They sucked me in. I must say, please stay away from them if you don't have money, else you enter gbese like me. Now i have fine car, but no money. Still wondering if i should just sell the car
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Bourne007:
Loving the curve card .. Truly the only card you need to carry wink smiley

Anyone u wan sign up, code below smiley

I'm using @imaginecurve! All my cards in one + a great way to save & manage money. Sign up with code D4WK63BE & get £5 https://curve.page/iLiv

So,i have the curve card, but still a little bemused about how to use it. Can i add my debit cards to it too? I noticed how it categorised my shopping into groceries...etc....I'm in a bit of Credit crunch now and don't know if i should just pay in bits or use overdraft to pay off the credit card debt...Is that wise?? Is overdraft debt lower in interest than credit cards?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
What does protection mean

Your no claims bonus is protected, regardless of claims (fault or non fault).........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:

I bought my car from car giant. I was flabbergasted. They sucked me in. I must say, please stay away from them if you don't have money, else you enter gbese like me. Now i have fine car, but no money. Still wondering if i should just sell the car

Punitive APR rates + overpriced ex company vehicles...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Your no claims bonus is protected, regardless of claims (fault or non fault).........
how do i protect it?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I agree about volvo, those chinko's are really trying..... Was eyeing a volvo XC40, but the Nigerian in me eventually settled for the C-HR...........

Bro if I get the money wink I will go for the xc90 inscription.

The grill is enchanting!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Are there ways to make money online in this UK...i heard of surveys?...or funny one i heard the other day...sperm donation....is this a thing here? my doctor sperm ought to be premium price isn't it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.