Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,928 members, 7,872,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1338596 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
DaveChapelle:

hammer...hammer...hammmer....Good move. Save up fast and buy your house. Now is not time to show Nigerians you have arrived! The hours are brutal and your colleagues eye-balling you for milking NHS....Wish i could do like you, but we going in the harder way

I appreciate u boss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:30am On Apr 01, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Do they give you a CD or something?
no they email it to you and also give you a printout. Make an appointment with b&q. Go with the measurements of your kitchen and they will design it for you there and also price it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Selco sells decent modern kitchen furniture, at pocket friendly prices...........

Ok I will check them out. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:37am On Apr 01, 2019
marylandcakes:

Ok I will check them out. Thanks.

https://www.selcobw.com/#

Navigate to kitchens.......... They also have physical stores, dotted around.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

https://www.selcobw.com/#

Navigate to kitchens.......... They also have physical stores, dotted around.......

Bro, do you know where I can get original brake pads for lexus without going to lexus?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ekitibiased(m): 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
[]

Brondes on Barking Road next to Kwik kit in canning town...

That one no do you?.... smiley[/quote]

you mean bronze...at king's stop, na just to watch ball for there and chop lol, nothing more
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ekitibiased(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
you mean bronze...at king's stop, na just to watch ball for there and chop lol, nothing more
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Bro, do you know where I can get original brake pads for lexus without going to lexus?
your local garage. I used Halfords when i had to replace mine, but friends said i should have just used any local garage. They can buy the lexus parts themselves
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
DaveChapelle:
your local garage. I used Halfords when i had to replace mine, but friends said i should have just used any local garage. They can buy the lexus parts themselves

Yeah. I want to be sure they use the oem not just some other pads. As that could invalidate my warranty or might not pass the next mot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Toyota....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Unfortunately, you would have to buy it from Lexus..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Toyota....... grin

You no serious they share the same showroom. They are money sharks. For example, the USB port is currently not working I called them for a quote they said its going to cost 450 + vat. I said thank you to them I will be using cds.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

You no serious they share the same showroom. They are money sharks. For example, the USB port is currently not working I called them for a quote they said its going to cost 450 + vat. I said thank you to them I will be using cds.

Why not port via Bluetooth?....? That is if Bluetooth is installed.............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

But when you visit the showroom, you are treated like a king...... While they deprive you of a Kings ransom......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why not port via Bluetooth?....? That is if Bluetooth is installed.............

You see I'm crazy about data segmentation. I use my phone to make calls only. I don't like using it for my songs, so I want to use the USB stick to that I can delete on the fly and change the compilation.
Lexusgs430:

But when you visit the showroom, you are treated like a king...... While they deprive you of a Kings ransom......... cheesy
True sha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

You see I'm crazy about data segmentation. I use my phone to make calls only. I don't like using it for my songs, so I want to use the USB stick to that I can delete on the fly and change the compilation.

y don't u use an amazon playlist or stream your music
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

True sha

Simple solution.... Listen online and port via Bluetooth (Spotify)..............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
DaveChapelle:
y don't u use an amazon playlist or stream your music

I have amazon prime but I only listen to naija music. Even with that I'm very picky. Also, I don't want to start fiddling with the phone whilst driving.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

I have amazon prime but I only listen to naija music. Even with that I'm very picky. Also, I don't want to start fiddling with the phone whilst driving.

Set a playlist before you start to drive or simple pick an already prepared playlist..............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
.....I'm a bit disappointed with Toyota swag, just go Lexus, why be indecisive about a toosh Toyota, all in all boring cars, without personality except for 100% reliability. Where's the fun in your car not breaking down at 11pm and you have to call roadside assist...where is their sense of adventure, in missing that appointment because your car broke down?!

Simply because its a Coupe High Rider............. wink

What is fún about breaking down and missing those appointments?..... cheesy

Ever broken down in snow before?.... shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Do they give you a CD or something?

Simply pay attention during design briefs .............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ekitibiased:

Exactly....... E dey bubble for weekend nah..... Oya go Cyprus Gardens........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

True sha

Have you tried the bluetooth connection, to stream in vehicle?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Simply because its a Coupe High Rider............. wink

What is fún about breaking down and missing those appointments?..... cheesy

Ever broken down in snow before?.... shocked
Its 4 door, the rear door handles are clandestinely placed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
I used Halfords recently, changed my brake pads and got a 'brake pad for life' offer. They will always change irrespective of the car. Might still be ongoing but not sure. Worth asking

DaveChapelle:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried the bluetooth connection, to stream in vehicle?....

Never... My car prompts me to connect to Bluetooth everytime. That means if my phone rings everyone in the car can listen to my convo. Too dangerous mate
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Never... My car prompts me to connect to Bluetooth everytime. That means if my phone rings everyone in the car can listen to my convo. Too dangerous mate

hahaha...Are you a Russian spy?! Mother Russia KGB
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

hahaha...Are you a Russian spy?! Mother Russia KGB

Nah mate I'm just a just a professional skeptic.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

All nah efizzy......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

He that has no sins should throw the first stone.......... Nah so ur Bluetooth just dey waste............. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

To remind me, incase I forget what I was driving....... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

To remind me, incase I forget what I was driving....... cheesy

isn't coupe supposed to mean 2 doors again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.