Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1339535 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Anybody know somebody interested in a room share in Peterborough...negotiable
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
how do i protect it?

At the point of buying your insurance, it's an option........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Anybody know somebody interested in a room share in Peterborough...negotiable

Funds gathering regime........ Advertise in your local...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Bro if I get the money wink I will go for the xc90 inscription.

The grill is enchanting!

Wetin i wan take 7 seater do nah?..... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I'm not supposed to rent out....as per my mortgage agreement. wouldnt that be violating the terms?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

koh easy oh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:

I'm not supposed to rent out....as per my mortgage agreement. wouldnt that be violating the terms?

Would be violating, but if nothing negative happens. MC would not know nah.....

Plenty people do it......... Some get caught, while some don't...........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Wetin i wan take 7 seater do nah?..... grin

Do you know how many babymamas i have in different area codes?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Do you know how many babymamas i have in different area codes?

Are you sure a 7 seater would do? You might need to get a tow hook + caravan........... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Would be violating, but if nothing negative happens. MC would not know nah.....

Plenty people do it......... Some get caught, while some don't...........
that's why i can't put up any ads
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
that's why i can't put up any ads

They don't go hunting around......... Advertise at work, church, mosque (WOM)......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Are there ways to make money online in this UK...i heard of surveys?...or funny one i heard the other day...sperm donation....is this a thing here? my doctor sperm ought to be premium price isn't it?

Bro what kind of financial quagmire did you get yourself into? To the point that you want to sell your cum? cheesy
Lexusgs430:

They don't go hunting around......... Advertise at work, church, mosque (WOM)......

Guy nobody cares. Its not you they are looking for? Just advertise on gumtree or spare room and be very choosy on who you give the room to... If you don't have a gf at the moment you can get a lady lodger on all inclusive. wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Bro what kind of financial quagmire did you get yourself into? To the point that you want to sell your cum? cheesy

Guy nobody cares. Its not you they are looking for? Just advertise on gumtree or spare room and be very choosy on who you give the room to... If you don't have a gf at the moment you can get a lady lodger on all inclusive. wink

TWB..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

When gbèsè hook you for neck & blokos, you would start thinking inside & outside the box............

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
Has anyone ever had a parcel sent via Royal Mail where the tracking number got missing and the parcel allegedly undelivered within the UK

Were you able to find, track or resolve? I’m in a similar situation. Is there any method to retrieving tracking that I’m not aware of? Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Has anyone ever had a parcel sent via Royal Mail where the tracking number got missing and the parcel allegedly undelivered within the UK

Were you able to find, track or resolve? I’m in a similar situation. Is there any method to retrieving tracking that I’m not aware of? Thank you.

Do you have receipt of transaction? That would ultimately have the tracking number.

If you declared cost of item at the time of transaction, go through PO insurance.

If cost was not declared, unfortunately it's the standard insurance policy you can claim from, which might be lower than value.........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Yes you can definitely add your debit cards and when you spend, you can categorise them into Personal or Business. If you spend on the wrong card, you can go back in time within 14 days and select the right card.

On the Connect option, you can add 3 retailers to earn cashback. Attached is spending from both my debit and credit cards.

I don't know much about the interest on overdrafts as I've not used it before. What I can suggest is get a credit card with 0% balance transfer credit card which can help you pay off your outstanding credit card debt where paying interest to a new one at a 0% interest rate. Best deals at the moment are Virgin Money / Sainsburys @ 28 months interest free.

DaveChapelle:

So,i have the curve card, but still a little bemused about how to use it. Can i add my debit cards to it too? I noticed how it categorised my shopping into groceries...etc....I'm in a bit of Credit crunch now and don't know if i should just pay in bits or use overdraft to pay off the credit card debt...Is that wise?? Is overdraft debt lower in interest than credit cards?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 2:11am On Mar 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:

I bought my car from car giant. I was flabbergasted. They sucked me in. I must say, please stay away from them if you don't have money, else you enter gbese like me. Now i have fine car, but no money. Still wondering if i should just sell the car

How did you enter gbese? I always go to car giant but I don’t do car finance with any dealer, I save my money then I buy a good car and my rest of mind. You are better off taking a bank loan than going for car finance. I’ve been using them since 2000 and I will happily use them again, reasons being I not comfortable buying cars from individuals especially those based in London and I don’t have the strength and whahala to go out of London to be picking up car.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:49am On Mar 30, 2019
marylandcakes:

How did you enter gbese? I always go to car giant but I don’t do car finance with any dealer, I save my money then I buy a good car and my rest of mind. You are better off taking a bank loan than going for car finance. I’ve been using them since 2000 and I will happily use them again, reasons being I not comfortable buying cars from individuals especially those based in London and I don’t have the strength and whahala to go out of London to be picking up car.

The beauty of car hunting, is you never know where your hunt would lead you......

I have flown to Scotland a few times to pick up bargains and driven 8/10 hours back........

Observing all other protocols, if a car can drive 8 hours back, without missing a beat...... You got a car that would easily last you over 4 years (my yardstick)...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2019
How's loan better off finance?

marylandcakes:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2019
Bourne007:
How's loan better off finance?

You could take a bank loan of £10,000 (24 months), and only pay back £11,500.

While you take out a car finance loan on a 48 month deal (£10,000 car value), and pay back £20,000 (welcome to the car giant world)........

A car bought on a loan, can be sold anytime, if the kitchen gets very hot.......

A car bought on finance, cannot be sold. Until you pay up your finance deal.....

Make i continue.......... cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Do you have receipt of transaction? That would ultimately have the tracking number.

If you declared cost of item at the time of transaction, go through PO insurance.

If cost was not declared, unfortunately it's the standard insurance policy you can claim from, which might be lower than value.........

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You could take a bank loan of £10,000 (24 months), and only pay back £11,500.

While you take out a car finance loan on a 48 month deal (£10,000 car value), and pay back £20,000 (welcome to the car giant world)........

A car bought on a loan, can be sold anytime, if the kitchen gets very hot.......

A car bought on finance, cannot be sold. Until you pay up your finance deal.....

Make i continue.......... cheesy

You’ve said it all, I wouldn’t touch car finance with a barge pole, a lot of people go into this trap with their eyes wide open.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
marylandcakes:

You’ve said it all, I wouldn’t touch car finance with a barge pole, a lot of people go into this trap with their eyes wide open.

With bank accounts fully open too, till it almost turns to fish bone stuck in one's throat.........

Still paying finance on a £20,000 bounty while vehicle is now only worth £7999.00.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

With bank accounts fully open too, till it almost turns to fish bone stuck in one's throat.........

Still paying finance on a £20,000 bounty while vehicle is now only worth £7999.00.......... cheesy

I guess it is a blessing in disguise that the finance didn't go through
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:04am On Mar 31, 2019
DaveChapelle:

You dodged an expensive bullet..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:06am On Mar 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You dodged an expensive bullet..........

I saw it, but was just very impulsive at the time
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:17am On Mar 31, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Would give you a typical example...... Recently felt like splashing out on the kitchen aka general overhaul (stripping everything out and replacing with new appliances........

Decided to head down to big man's route..... Invited wickes to design my kitchen for me + quote...... After all was said and done (3D design etc etc)

Wickes decided to show me a final bill of over £17,000 (nah that time i know say nah big man for just mouth i be)......

I jejely find my level..... Decided to do what poor people do, call around to find an alternative arrangement...... Luck fell on me, like banana fell on Davido.....

A pal was actually having his kitchen done too (our poor man's way)... He sent me the number, i called the chap, we arranged a meeting, he came he measured etc etc

The design i already got from wickes, i implemented the same style, white goods etc etc

Total Price - Just under £7000 (buying all kitchen appliances, cupboards sinks etc etc, from selco and tiles from tiles magic. (cash transaction)

Wickes was £17000 (putting on a 3 year 0% interest deal)....

The stingy in me choose the best deal...........

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:19am On Mar 31, 2019
DaveChapelle:

I saw it, but was just very impulsive at the time

Been impulsive while signing on the dotted lines, is a toxic mix........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shawtykel: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2019
Good morning everyone and happy mother's day to every mum out here doing great things.

Please I got some concerns as regards my tier4 dependant application documents (spouse)

My hubby currently lives with his friend in Scotland, UK and also has another accommodation in a priest big house should in case he wants to stay there but my concern is submitting where he lives since its not his own direct accommodation..
A friend told me it's not necessary submitting where he stays as that worked for her

Please house, I need your practical contributions here
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:56am On Mar 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Would give you a typical example...... Recently felt like splashing out on the kitchen aka general overhaul (stripping everything out and replacing with new appliances........

Decided to head down to big man's route..... Invited wickes to design my kitchen for me + quote...... After all was said and done (3D design etc etc)

Wickes decided to show me a final bill of over £17,000 (nah that time i know say nah big man for just mouth i be)......

I jejely find my level..... Decided to do what poor people do, call around to find an alternative arrangement...... Luck fell on me, like banana fell on Davido.....

A pal was actually having his kitchen done too (our poor man's way)... He sent me the number, i called the chap, we arranged a meeting, he came he measured etc etc

The design i already got from wickes, i implemented the same style, white goods etc etc

Total Price - Just under £7000 (buying all kitchen appliances, cupboards sinks etc etc, from selco and tiles from tiles magic. (cash transaction)

Wickes was £17000 (putting on a 3 year 0% interest deal)....

The stingy in me choose the best deal...........

Regarding kitchens what most prudent people do is go and get your design from wickes, bq, moben, etc then use that same design but choose your own workman. That way you can save more than 10k. Like what you have just done.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:44am On Mar 31, 2019
marylandcakes:

Regarding kitchens what most prudent people do is go and get your design from wickes, bq, moben, etc then use that same design but choose your own workman. That way you can save more than 10k. Like what you have just done.

Exactly..... I saved £10K straight.........

After splashing out on a car, I need to save all that I can.... Man must adjust hin trouser..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.