Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1338611 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
coupe1
/kuːp/
noun
a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear.
HISTORICAL
a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver.

So why is CHR a coupe?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

isn't coupe supposed to mean 2 doors again?

Take note of 21st century..... Nah oyinbo wey do pencil, do erasure...........

Wiki to the rescue.......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
coupe1
/kuːp/
noun
HISTORICAL

So why is CHR a coupe?

21st century upgrade........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
coupe1
/kuːp/
noun
HISTORICAL

So why is CHR a coupe?

The beauty is enough to eradicate the confusion.......... No vess..........

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

it means, mine is a coupe too? na, i'll go with hot cross-over.

similar handle hidden away

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

is the boot small?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
I used to like the chr better until I saw the juke nismo rs. But, the juke itself I agree is some what ugly

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

it means, mine is a coupe too? na, i'll go with hot cross-over.

similar handle hidden away

Lol...... Coupe indeed........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

is the boot small?

Not too small...... I don't have any babymama's...... So it's adequate........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Lol...... Coupe indeed........ grin
the roof is kuku more sloping than yours
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
beautiful car
Lexusgs430:

Not too small...... I don't have any babymama's...... So it's adequate........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
the roof is kuku more sloping than yours

Says who?

See for yourself........ Slopes sloping away........ The real coupe wins......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Says who?

See for yourself........ Slopes sloping away........ The real coupe wins......... grin
this is a better view for camparing

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
I used to like the chr better until I saw the juke nismo rs. But, the juke itself I agree is some what ugly

Lmao...so, you know it's ugly? that's why I asked if you bought it for yourself. You can't go from Lexus to Joke. It's a no no.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
this is a better view for camparing

One looks like a sleek slim model, while the other looks like an obese tilapia............... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
You guys are cracking me up with this comparisons...Lovely cars you both have guys and lesson learnt especially in the aspect of financing...

But you guys should know that you cant possibly be comparing a 19 reg car with a 15 reg car, its a no no...Please only compare likes with likes... grin

Lexusgs430:

One looks like a sleek slim model, while the other looks like an obese tilapia............... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cuteguy201: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hehe! My chest! cheesy
Yinkzy03:
You guys are cracking me up with this comparisons...Lovely cars you both have guys and lesson learnt especially in the aspect of financing...

But you guys should know that you cant possibly be comparing a 19 reg car with a 15 reg car, its a no no...Please only compare likes with likes... grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Lmao...so, you know it's ugly? that's why I asked if you bought it for yourself. You can't go from Lexus to Joke. It's a no no.
I didn't buy the ugly one. You have to see it in person. Besides, variety is spice of life. It's fully spec and a sleeper racer... Nismo specked...makers of Godzilla and 350/370z.the juke nismo rs is a 370z 4x4!

+ 0-60 in 8sec vs CHR 11sec
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
Yinkzy03:

goes to prove how lifeless the chr is... Very boring interior as usual
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

you mean a £1k lexus... Why are they so good, but so cheap. That's y i didn't buy lexus as replacement... Too cheap
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
goes to prove how lifeless the chr is... Very boring interior as usual

CHR lifeless? Did i hear you say? Remember speed kills....

The interior is far very from boring. Once you start considering all the extra options, boring would become enchanting & captivating........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
I didn't buy the ugly one. You have to see it in person. Besides, variety is spice of life. It's fully spec and a sleeper racer... Nismo specked...makers of Godzilla and 350/370z.the juke nismo rs is a 370z 4x4!

+ 0-60 in less than 7sec vs CHR 11sec

Speed kills...... I try to engage EV mode, where applicable...... Driving under 20MPH on hybrid power very good to my pocket.... Sorry for those driving behind me...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Speed kills...... I try to engage EV mode, where applicable...... Driving under 20MPH on hybrid power very good to my pocket.... Sorry for those driving behind me...... wink
8 sec.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
so why do people spend thousands on sport cars if they only want to drive slow
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
so why do people spend thousands on sport cars if they only want to drive slow

Speed is not of the essence........ Speed Kills..... With grey hair comes wisdom.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

CHR lifeless? Did i hear you say? Remember speed kills....

The interior is far very from boring. Once you start considering all the extra options, boring would become enchanting & captivating........... cheesy

what i mean is the interior is not as captivating as the magnificent exterior styling
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Speed is not of the essence........ Speed Kills..... With grey hair comes wisdom.........

lol. i hear they will install speed limiters in the UK cars from 2022.I wonder what took them so long
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
this is the Juke holy grail....Not even available to buy if you like it

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:

what i mean is the interior is not as captivating as the magnificent exterior styling

At least you agree the exterior is magnificent..... Slowly you would begin to love the interior........

Armed with leather seat, blindspot warning system, the obligatory say nav, bluetooth etc etc etc...... It is indeed, a very good place to be while driving.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
DaveChapelle:
this is the Juke holy grail....Not even available to buy if you like it

This looks better...... I think this is the version with a streamlined Godzilla engine..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Upon how ugly even Jeremy Clarkson says the Juke is. I'm still surprised as to why almost every housein my neighbourhood has one. Even my neighbour has one, so we park it side by side. i didn't even realise it till i bought mine
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

At least you agree the exterior is magnificent..... Slowly you would begin to love the interior........

Armed with leather seat, blindspot warning system, the obligatory say nav, bluetooth etc etc etc...... It is indeed, a very good place to be while driving.........

The only car interior i like is the E class and the new A class.

i also have BSM, lane warning, 360' camera, alcantera leather, some cars have ricaro racing seats. The CVT is still a mystery to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.