Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:55 AM

Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (47480 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin Very good

abeg show me where the apostles ASK FOR 10% first ? @bold

that is when you can only make sense

am waiting

The apostles didn't need to ask because it was already being practiced under Judaism. The new converts simply diverted the tithes and went the extra length by giving all
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
Peacefullove:

Let no man judge you , yet the Law is important grin grin

you would have done well to disregard The let no man judge and focus on the commandments nah grin grin .

I remember telling you that any law not condemned by the apostles and (or) Jesus is biblical. This law of respecting the sabbath day or any other holy day has been condemned by the apostles.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:

The apostles didn't need to ask because it was already being practiced under Judaism. The new converts simply diverted the tithes and went the extra length by giving all

grin grin grin grin wetin person no go read for Nairaland ooo

how do you. now know its tithe if they never ask ?

Besides Act 4:35 said everything were distributed among everyone , Na tithe be that ?

I wonder why money is not distributed in Churches today .

I need a response here o
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin grin wetin person no go read for Nairaland ooo

how do you. now know its tithe if they never ask ?

Besides Act 4:35 said everything were distributed among everyone , Na tithe be that ?

I need a response here o

What the apostles decided to do with the tithes and contribution no concern you.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by plainbibletruth: 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:

What the apostles decided to do with the tithes and contribution no concern you.

This is what he wanted response to:

Not what the Apostles did.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
(post*A3)
hardasan:

So when paul on his right senses did not stipulate a percentage but rather 'states affirmatively'...''set aside some income'' OR ''lay something aside'' was paul suffering from memory loss or what?

1 Corinthians 16:2 ►NKJV
2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come

NET Bible
On the first day of the week, each of you should set aside some income and save it to the extent that God has blessed you, so that a collection will not have to be made when I come.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
(POST*A4) standing logic on its head!

hardasan:

If you say christians aren't under the law of Moses, you are saying that the 10 commandements does not apply to christains anymore.

Matthew 23:23King James Version (KJV)
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:23International Children’s Bible (ICB)

23 “How terrible for you, teachers of the law and Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give to God one-tenth of everything you earn—even your mint, dill, and cummin.[a] But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being loyal. These are the things you should do, as well as those other things.

Matthew 23:23Good News Translation (GNT)
23 “How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give to God one tenth even of the seasoning herbs, such as mint, dill, and cumin, but you neglect to obey the really important teachings of the Law, such as justice and mercy and honesty. These you should practice, without neglecting the others.

Here, the bible says: pay your tithe but don't omit the weightier matters of the law.

Jesus did NOT approve the pharisee 'should be paying tithe' but rather 'if they must pay tithe, they must also keep the whole law
using the analogy here in the context of Mathew 23:23 to justfy that jesus approves tithing is not only fraudulent but also a deliberate twisting and 'misrepresentation of jesus analogy to suit 'a pre-conceive concept' that is borne out of greed, and also amount to standing logic on its head, now lets evaluate;

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

here is a parallel bible verse
Galatians 5:3
Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law.

its the same as ''ye ough to have circumcise'' withought ''neglecting the whole law''

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:

dem dey distribute tithe among everybody ? cheesy grin

if so, why them no dey distribute money in Churches today

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(POST*A4) standing logic on its head!

Jesus did NOT approve the pharisee 'should be paying tithe' but rather 'if they must pay tithe, they must also keep the whole law[/color]
using the analogy here in the context of Mathew 23:23 to justfy that jesus approves tithing is not only fraudulent but also a deliberate twisting and 'misrepresentation of jesus analogy to suit 'a pre-conceive concept' that is borne out of greed, and also amount to standing logic on its head, now lets evaluate;

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

here is a parallel bible verse
Galatians 5:3
Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law.

its the same as ''ye ough to have circumcise'' withought ''neglecting the whole law''

Your personal interpretation of the scripture without biblical backing is not welcome. Please show where Jesus condemned tithing
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

dem dey distribute tithe among everybody ? cheesy grin

if so, why them no dey distribute money in Churches today

Open your own church and distribute whatsoever members give among everyone
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
plainbibletruth:

This is what he wanted response to:

Not what the Apostles did.

Money is not distributed practically like the apostles did. Churches give scholarships, bury members, feed and cater for widows and orphans, support members with extraordinary financial problems etc. Out of 100 churches, 99 do this albeit on different scales.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(post*A3) So when paul on his right senses did not stipulate a percentage but rather 'states affirmatively'...''set aside some income'' OR ''lay something aside'' was paul suffering from memory loss or what?

2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come

NET Bible
On the first day of the week, each of you should set aside some income and save it to the extent that God has blessed you, so that a collection will not have to be made when I come.

By the verse you quoted, they must have been setting aside more than 10%
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(post*A3) So when paul on his right senses did not stipulate a percentage but rather 'states affirmatively'...''set aside some income'' OR ''lay something aside'' was paul suffering from memory loss or what?

NET Bible

By the verse you quoted, they must have been setting aside more than 10%. I don't care what you call it. As long as at least 10% of income / profits is given to God through the church. You're a tither. Like I said before, when people already give even more than 10%, there's no need to preach on tithing.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
post(*A2)
hardasan:

(By the verse you quoted), they must have been setting aside more than 10%. I don't care what you call it.
in italics ....can you see that you admitted that 'well there is no bible verse to show a 10% practiced tithe practiced by the apostles but(you summersaulted after lack of proof)..... ''they must have been setting aside more than'' 10% even when it was'nt mentioned(in the same bible verse or counter bible verse) confirm my claim of your curiosity to 'force down a 'criminally preconceive concept of fraudulent tithe alledgedly practiced(in our own illusive imagination) ''without proof in-anywaywhatsoever'' by the apostles
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
@hardasan
(POST *A5)

(a)Did Abraham receive Tithe'' more than once on biblical record? yes or no OR Show a bible verse proof or just be graciously be Mute!
(b) Are todays pastors following suite by following the Abraham ''one time tithe example'' only recorded? or they are doing outside Oversabi?
(c) The Word: ''priesthood of Melchizedeck, was ever a bibliical concept found in the Bible or '' Not found in the bible' but criminally concorted
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:
Bernimoore mathew 23:23 The fact that 'Tithing (under law) is a function of ''observing the whole law'' mathew 23:23

Your personal interpretation of the scripture without biblical backing is not welcome. Please show where Jesus condemned tithing

That if you must be justified by your opinion of paying tithe, you must also obey the weightier mather of the law, if you must circumcise to gain grace you must also observe other parts of the law

Mathew 23:23
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
BERNIMOORE:

That if you must be justified by your opinion of paying tithe, you must also obey the weightier mather of the law, if you must circumcise to gain grace you must also observe other parts of the law

Mathew 23:23

[/s]

Show where Jesus condemned tithing
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
@hardasan
(POST *A5)

[s](a)Did Abraham receive Tithe'' more than once on biblical record? yes or no OR Show a bible verse proof or just be graciously be Mute!
(b) Are todays pastors following suite by following the Abraham ''one time tithe example'' only recorded? or they are doing outside Oversabi?[/s]
(c) The Word: ''priesthood of Melchizedeck, was ever a bibliical concept found in the Bible or '' Not found in the bible' but criminally concorted

Psalm 110 vs 4
King James Bible
The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7 vs 17
King James Bible
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Show where tithing was condemned
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:
[s][/s]

Show where Jesus condemned tithing
herre in mathew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law] judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
(POST*A6)
hardasan:

Psalm 110 vs 4
King James Bible
The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7 vs 17
King James Bible
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Show where tithing was condemned
''order of Melchisedec'' NOT SAME AS ''PRIESTHOOD OF MELCHIZEDECK'' the word '' priesthood of melchizedeck was 'a criminally concorted concept out of the greed to steal from brethren, if not can you show us where the word priesthood of melchizedeck was 'ever found in the bible?
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
post(*A2) in italics ....can you see that you admitted that 'well there is no bible verse to show a 10% practiced tithe practiced by the apostles but(you summersaulted after lack of proof)..... ''they must have been setting aside more than'' 10% even when it was'nt mentioned(in the same bible verse or counter bible verse) confirm my claim of your curiosity to 'force down a 'criminally preconceive concept of fraudulent tithe alledgedly practiced(in our own illusive imagination) ''without proof in-anywaywhatsoever'' by the apostles

Just show where the bible condemned tithing.

I could have decided to ignore you. Just you're one fool who takes pride in being ignored. I choose to insult you because you're not here to argue sincerely but to hurl stones to see where you can hit me with your wickedly twisted bible explanations. Thinking you can intimate me with your manner of speach.
You just keep changing posts the moment you can no more twist that particular point.
False prophet, is tithes no longer for the sin of the israélites ?

Show me where it was condemned or get thee behind me thou agent of darkness
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
herre in mathew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

Matthew 23:23Good News Translation (GNT)

23 “How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give to God one tenth even of the seasoning herbs, such as mint, dill, and cumin, but you neglect to obey the really important teachings of the Law, such as justice and mercy and honesty. These you should practice, without neglecting the others.

Jesus said practice this without neglecting the others !!!!
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(POST*A6) ''order of Melchisedec'' NOT SAME AS ''PRIESTHOOD OF MELCHIZEDECK'' the word '' priesthood of melchizedeck was 'a criminally concorted concept out of the greed to steal from brethren, if not can you show us where the word priesthood of melchizedeck was 'ever found in the bible?

Your hypocrisy is so vivid so I don't need to reply.
Show me where tithing is condemned
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
herre in mathew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law] judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

Dear readers, whenever someone quotes a strange doctrine and supports it with a bible verse. Please go and read the whole passage by yourself to get the full story.
What sort of half baked false prophet is this ? grin grin grin
See how he criminally reduced the half of the verse that exposes him
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:

Just show where the bible condemned tithing.

I could have decided to ignore you. Just you're one fool who takes pride in being ignored. I choose to insult you because you're not here to argue sincerely but to hurl stones to see where you can hit me with your wickedly twisted bible explanations. Thinking you can intimate me with your manner of speach.
You just keep changing posts the moment you can no more twist that particular point.
False prophet, is tithes no longer for the sin of the israélites ?

Show me where it was condemned or get thee behind me thou agent of darkness
(POST*A2) DOCUMENTED EXPOSED YOU FLATLY...after searching scriptures from pillar to post you typed this gilberish,
hardasan
''they must have been setting aside more than'' 10%
so you cant get a bible vers to support here abi grin grin grin grin
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(POST*A2) DOCUMENTED EXPOSED YOU FLATLY...after searching scriptures from pillar to post you typed this gilberish,
so you cant get a bible vers to support here abi grin grin grin grin

He has started running helter-skelter.
Oga, show me where the bible condemned tithing.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Just you're one fool who takes pride in being ignored. I choose to insult you because you're not here to argue sincerely but to hurl stones to see where you can hit me with your wickedly twisted bible explanations
Oh grin grin thank God i am fool for christ, exposing your lies in a documented manner you know what? you cant just turn to emotions Now because you hate the truth, so why are you taking this personal now instead of defending christ? grin grin
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Oh grin grin thank God i am fool for christ, exposing your lies in a documented manner you know what? you cant just turn to emotions Now because you hate the truth, so why are you taking this personal now instead of defending christ? grin grin

Thank God you admit that you're a fool. Whose fool will be revealed sooner or later. I'm not taking anything personal. I'm replying you fire for fire
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
hardasan:

He has started running helter-skelter.
Oga, show me where the bible condemned tithing.

LUKE 11:42
Woe to you Pharisees! You pay tithes of mint and rue and every herb, but you disregard justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former

THIS VERSE LUKE 11:42 alone condemns tithing
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

LUKE 11:42
Woe to you Pharisees! You pay tithes of mint and rue and every herb, but you disregard justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former

THIS VERSE LUKE 11:42 alone condemns tithing

NO IT DOESN'T !!!
Please interprète: You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
@BERNIMOORE You have the whole night to cook up another false doctrine and or call your fellow false prophets for inspiration.
Have a busy night

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Bishop Emmanuel Esezobor Demanding Sex From Me - Lady / "Pastor Wilson Is Mad" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Wilson's Sex Tape / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.