Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,172 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (47485 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

NO IT DOESN'T !!!
Please interprète: You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former
Nope!!! "If you must practice tithing, do it along with whole part of the law without neglecting anyone.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by plainbibletruth: 12:32am On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

NO IT DOESN'T !!!
Please interprète: You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former

Jesus said they were tithing AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE and even then as show-off.

Do you hardasan tithe agricultural produce today? NO!

Do you EMPHASIZE the weightier matters over and above tithing today? NO!

So, where did you get what you claim to be doing today as TITHING?

CERTAINLY NOT from Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 5:47am On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

@ the first highlighted post.
80% correct. Tithing is a lesser law than righteousness. Tithing should not take the place of righteousness in any way. But then, who says you can't be righteous and still tithe ? You don't have to pick one. As long as they are all biblical, practice them.

Someone at the point of death has to fight for his life first. Only the living can pay tithe. In my own church, I can even call my pastor and tell him that I have spent all my money including my tithe and it's not enough and he'll direct the church committee to look into raising funds for me.
The church should count you a christian whether you tithe or not. Tithing is between you and God. With or without tithes, God will provide for his servants.

Let me use myself as an example.
I paid my first tithe at the age of 13. So from then till now, Have I spent my tithe ? Severally. Some with a reason and some on shopping. But I have cleared all. During that time, nobody came to remind me that I haven't paid my tithe. It was between me and God. I've even lent someone my tithe money and the person hasn't paid me back. I still replaced it. It hasn't stopped me from obeying other parts of the bible. Nor does it make me like the pharisees.

Excellent

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 6:02am On Nov 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin Christians clearly condemn homosexuality among themselves .

Why would they condemn it . Are they under the law ?

Is Incest a sin?
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Nope!!! "If you must practice tithing, do it along with whole part of the law without neglecting anyone.

Oga, interprète the highlighted part of the verse you quoted and stop shifting posts. So tithing is now in the law. grin grin grin grin grin
You never hala
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Jesus said they were tithing AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE and even then as show-off.

Do you hardasan tithe agricultural produce today? NO!

Do you EMPHASIZE the weightier matters over and above tithing today? NO!

So, where did you get what you claim to be doing today as TITHING?

CERTAINLY NOT from Jesus.

What is this one saying ?
Am I a farmer ? I earn cash and it's pure logic that I should tithe in cash.
Even if I decide to use my tithe to buy commodities to give to the church, I have tithed.
Abraham gave the tenth part of all after the slaughter of Kings to Melchizedech, Jacob vowed to sacrifice the tenth part of all his increase on an altar as he didn't know of any priest of God. This type of tithing predates the levitical priesthood and since there's a change in the law back to the manner of Melchizedech's priesthood, this form of tithing still stands.

Are you waiting in the shadows, for a good reason to quote me ? Or are you quoting me to know ?

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by plainbibletruth: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

Am I a farmer ? I earn cash and it's pure logic that I should tithe in cash.

Abraham gave the tenth part of all after the slaughter of Kings to Melchizedech, Jacob vowed to sacrifice the tenth part of all his increase on an altar as he didn't know of any priest of God. This type of tithing predates the levitical priesthood and since there's a change in the law back to the manner of Melchizedech's priesthood, this form of tithing still stands.

Are you waiting in the shadows, for a good reason to quote me ? Or are you quoting me to know ?

I see! So it's now a matter of "pure logic"

Should human logic or expediency rather than divine instructions guide the way we give or live our Christian life?

See what the Bible says:
Colossians 2:8:
"Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ."

If you wish to leave CHRIST out and go back to live your life under Melchi that is your choice.

Abraham DID NOT tithe money even though money EXISTED in his time. Remember he made some purchases with money?

Jacob DID NOT tithe money.

The Mosaic Law DID NOT specify money EVEN THOUGH MONEY EXISTED then.

So, if you want to use "pure logic" to determine how to do yours go ahead. Like they say: "It's a free world!"

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

It's the same thing I am saying.
By law, only the levitical priests receive tithes, but now a priest after the manner of Melchizedech will receive tithes. The first law wasnt perfect, now that law has changed.
Heb ch 7vs 5
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Why should there be a change of the law ? Because by law, only the lévites can receive tithes. For Melchizedech or Jesus to lawfully receive tithes, the levitical law must change

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Read verse 8 again:
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Here the bible explains that the levitical priesthood isn't perfect so there ariseth another priest after the manner of Melchizedech the priest that predates the levitical priesthood. The law brought about the levitical priesthood. Now, to switch back to the manner of Melchizedech's priesthood, the law that brought about the levitical priesthood must be changed. So instead of dying men receiving tithes, eternal priests will receive the tithes so therefore, the law is changed. that's why only the pre levitical tithing is being practiced. The tithe of feasts, the once in 3yrs tithes for the widows and orphans are stopped. Only the type Abraham and Jacob gave stands because it is from the Melchizedech era.

Are we clear now ?

No we are not clear. First of all the law was annulled and not amended as you are trying to pass off. That aside what we are practising today has no semblance to Abraham's one off voluntary tithes or Jacobs conditional promise to tithe. The tithe our pastors preached today is based on the annulled levitical tithes albeit in a twisted format. That they preach it as mandatory shows that they are preaching the obsolete law tithe and that they preach it as money from income is fraudulently twisting the word of God to extort believers as there is not one single example of monetary tithe from income in the bible despite the fact that people were on record to be receiving monetary income as far back as the book of Genesis in the bible.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

Open your own church and distribute whatsoever members give among everyone

I know it would come to this, since u have been exposed

grin grin grin
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

I know it would come to this, since u have been exposed

grin grin grin

Lol. Same here, I knew it would come to this. challenging people's independent actions. You are out of things to stay. You're free to keep reading but till you have an intelligent contribution, you're better off praying for wisdom and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Should human logic or expediency rather than divine instructions guide the way we give or live our Christian life?

See what the Bible says:
"Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ."

If you wish to leave CHRIST out and go back to live your life under Melchi that is your choice.

Abraham DID NOT tithe money even though money EXISTED in his time. Remember he made some purchases with money?

Jacob DID NOT tithe money.

The Mosaic Law DID NOT specify money EVEN THOUGH MONEY EXISTED then.

So, if you want to use "pure logic" to determine how to do yours go ahead. Like they say: "It's a free world!"

What and what did Abraham and Jacob tithe that makes you conclude that there was no money among them ?

Colossians ch 2vs8

List all that Abraham and Jacob tithed so I can be "exposed "

The bible commands a tithe of all thine increase. It's logic that I who is increased by #10 every month should give #1 while he that is increased every month by 200 fishes should give 20 fishes.
If I decide to buy #1 ugu and give as tithe, I'm justified likewise, if the Mr B decides to sell the 20 fishes and give God the money realised from the sales, he's also justified. It's common sense aka pure logic.
I have said this severally on this thread and you have read it severally. So why are you trying to paint a wrong picture of my opinion ?

What do you gain ? What is your bone of contention ?
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
MrPristine:

No we are not clear. First of all the law was annulled and not amended as you are trying to pass off. That aside what we are practising today has no semblance to Abraham's one off voluntary tithes or Jacobs conditional promise to tithe. The tithe our pastors preached today is based on the annulled levitical tithes albeit in a twisted format. That they preach it as mandatory shows that they are preaching the obsolete law tithe and that they preach it as money from income is fraudulently twisting the word of God to extort believers as there is not one single example of monetary tithe from income in the bible despite the fact that people were on record to be receiving monetary income as far back as the book of Genesis in the bible.

Why not go to their church and ask intelligent questions that will expose them ? Or erect a sign post opposite their church with your tithe ?
Someone preaches a false doctrine, you come here to point out that the doctrine is wrong is a typical example of: I slap you, you slap my car tyre and run away.
Tithing can be commodities, tithing can be money. Tithing is between you and God. You shouldn't be forced or blackmailed to pay neither should you wait to be told to pay. You call it annulment, I call it amendment. The summary is that the first commandment concerning priesthood has been changed. Priesthood isn't by the bloodline of Levi but after the manner of Melchizedech
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
plainbibletruth:

See what the Bible says:

he gave tithes of ALL i. its money and material .

DID NOT tithe money.

what did he give. He vowed to give tithe of ALL. if he gave it in cash or kind ,its a matter of choice .

Mosaic Law DID NOT specify money EVEN THOUGH MONEY EXISTED"

The mosaic law specified money for unclean animals and redemption . for example the man who sells dogs can't bring dog as tithe ,you give money worth. it called redemption

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by plainbibletruth: 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
petra1:

he gave tithes of ALL i. its money and material .

what did he give. He vowed to give tithe of ALL. if he gave it in cash or kind ,its a matter of choice .

The mosaic law specified money for unclean animals and redemption . for example the man who sells dogs can't bring dog as tithe ,you give money worth. it called redemption

I see you're digging in on your position on Abraham. It's your last card since I have a feeling you're clear on what the Mosaic Law prescribed.

I don't go beyond proper limits of what is clearly stated in Scripture.

I know some IMAGINATION is allowed but it should have limits.

You mentioned "redemption". My question is "redemption" of WHAT? Is the redemption the tithe or as a result of inability to fulfil the PRIMARY requirements of the tithe law?

Petra1, the bottom line is this: If TITHING, a thing not regarded by the Lord Jesus as weightier matter, were to be required of the Christian as you tithe advocates claim then the EPISTLES will say so.

Unfortunately, the evidence from the early Church life, from the book of Acts and the epistles, for starters, DOES NOT stack up in your favour.

That is why you guys keep going BACK IN HISTORY.

The Church is UNIQUE. The Church is not pre-law. The Church is not under the Law. The Church was a mystery now revealed. ANY "PRINCIPLE" required for the Church has been revealed IN the Church and THROUGH the Church by means of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by plainbibletruth: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
hardasan:

What and what did Abraham and Jacob tithe that makes you conclude that there was no money among them ?

List all that Abraham and Jacob tithed so I can be "exposed "

The bible commands a tithe of all thine increase.
It's common sense aka pure logic.
I have said this severally on this thread and you have read it severally. So why are you trying to paint a wrong picture of my opinion ?

What do you gain ? What is your bone of contention ?

The Scripture CLEARLY says what Abraham's tithe to Melchzedek was.

The Bible is equally clear in our not seeing where Jacob fulfilled his vow.

I wouldn't want to speculate beyond proper limits of scriptures.

When "The bible commands a tithe of all thine increase.", the question I ask you is: Increase of what ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE?

When you start from the Bible and then DRIFT OFF to "logic", "common sense" or "pure logic" you actually drift off into error.

The Christian should not stand on "human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ"

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 12:29am On Nov 23, 2017
hardasan:

Lol. Same here, I knew it would come to this. challenging people's independent actions. You are out of things to stay. You're free to keep reading but till you have an intelligent contribution, you're better off praying for wisdom and the Holy Spirit.

No intelligent person will call something that was distributed among all kind of people a tithe . it involves heavy denial of facts and blind argument

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 12:52am On Nov 23, 2017
plainbibletruth:

I see you're digging in on your position on Abraham. It's your last card since I have a feeling you're clear on what the Mosaic Law prescribed

mosaic law in what sense

You mentioned "redemption". My question is "redemption" of WHAT? Is the redemption the tithe or as a result of inability to fulfil the PRIMARY requirements of the tithe law?

God only use agricultural terms because they were primarily a nation of farmers. its like fulani being synonymous with cow. they could pay dowry with it. money is anything you call money, its a matter of choice .People could give money as tithe of income. People gave animals but God doesn't accept unclean animals. so they give money in replacement.

, the bottom line is this: If TITHING, a thing not regarded by the Lord Jesus as weightier matter

i agree.

were to be required of the Christian as you tithe advocates claim then the EPISTLES will say so.

Unfortunately, the evidence from the early Church life, from the book of Acts and the epistles, for starters, DOES NOT stack up in your favour.

That is why you guys keep going BACK IN HISTORY.

The Church is UNIQUE. The Church is not pre-law. The Church is not under the Law. The Church was a mystery now revealed. ANY "PRINCIPLE" required for the Church has been revealed IN the Church and THROUGH the Church by means of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

the early church through the epistles didn't set out to write new law. there was already a law,you would find Paul quoting from the law sometimes. The epistles were results of problems which arose. all human problems were not recorded in the epistles. but they were recorded in the law. lets take incest for example. I'm sure you will agree with me that its wrong to marry your younger sister. But there is no place in the epistles that its wrong except in the law. Should i commit incest now just because its in the law? and I'm not under the law and not stated in the epistles and the early church didn't condemn it? thats same when we hide between the walls of silent areas. if the church had any thing against the tithe it should have been stated. if theres no statement against it. just like incest . we maintain the status quo
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Precitosh16(f): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2017
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2017
hardasan:

Why not go to their church and ask intelligent questions that will expose them ? Or erect a sign post opposite their church with your tithe ?
Someone preaches a false doctrine, you come here to point out that the doctrine is wrong is a typical example of: I slap you, you slap my car tyre and run away.
Tithing can be commodities, tithing can be money. Tithing is between you and God. You shouldn't be forced or blackmailed to pay neither should you wait to be told to pay. You call it annulment, I call it amendment. The summary is that the first commandment concerning priesthood has been changed. Priesthood isn't by the bloodline of Levi but after the manner of Melchizedech

It's the bible that called it annulment not me and it's wrong of you to amend what God has annulled. That's rebellion.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
POST *A4(1)
hardasan:

Oga, interprète the highlighted part of the verse you quoted and stop shifting posts.grin grin grin grin grin
You never hala
POST *A4 on this link has taken care of that: https://www.nairaland.com/4160536/paying-tithe-biblical/7#62595974
but since you need to be schooled on this, i tagged this 'extension as POST *A4(1) for reference

back to your question
interprète the highlighted part of the verse you quoted

part highlighted reads;
these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

1,these ought ye to have done,.....sub ordinate clause that cannot stand alone 'but a function of the main clause
2, and not to leave the other undone...main clause relying heavily on the sub-ordinate clause

submission: mathew 23:23, jesus did not justify tithing, but 'if they must pay tithe, they must also keep the whole law
using the analogy here in the context of Mathew 23:23 to justfy that jesus approves tithing is not only fraudulent but also a deliberate twisting and 'misrepresentation of jesus analogy to suit 'a pre-conceive concept' that is borne out of greed, and also amount to standing logic on its head, now lets evaluate;

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: t[i]hese ought ye to have done[/i], and not to leave the other undone.

here is a parallel bible verse
Galatians 5:3
Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law.

its the same as ''ye ough to have circumcise'' withought ''neglecting the whole law''
G
alatians 5:4
…3Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law. 4You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

The same way if you still tithe you have fallen away from Grace

So tithing is now in the law
. So you dont know? okay
let me show you again
HEHREW 7:5 ...Tithe came with commandment to sons of isreal/jacob
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;

Can you see your ignorance?

lastly, dont dodge these questions because you are scared to death attemting them, i dare you:

(a)Did Abraham receive Tithe'' more than once on biblical record? yes or no OR Show a bible verse proof or just be graciously be Mute!
(b) Are todays pastors following suite by following the Abraham ''one time tithe example'' only recorded? or they are doing outside Oversabi?
(c) The Word: ''priesthood of Melchizedeck, was ever a bibliical concept found in the Bible or '' Not found in the bible'

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
POST *A4(1)
POST *A4 on this link has taken care of that: https://www.nairaland.com/4160536/paying-tithe-biblical/7#62595974
but since you need to be schooled on this, i tagged this 'extension as POST *A4(1) for reference

back to your question

part highlighted reads;

1,these ought ye to have done,.....sub ordinate clause that cannot stand alone 'but a function of the main clause

2, and not to leave the other undone...main clause relying heavily on the sub-ordinate clause

submission: mathew 23:23, jesus did not justify tithing, but 'if they must pay tithe, they must also keep the whole law
using the analogy here in the context of Mathew 23:23 to justfy that jesus approves tithing is not only fraudulent but also a deliberate twisting and 'misrepresentation of jesus analogy to suit 'a pre-conceive concept' that is borne out of greed, and also amount to standing logic on its head, now lets evaluate;

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: t[i]hese ought ye to have done[/i], and not to leave the other undone.

Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole Law.

its the same as ''ye ough to have circumcise'' withought ''neglecting the whole law''
G

. So you dont know? okay
let me show you again
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;

lastly, dont dodge these questions because you are scared to death attemting them, i dare you:

(a)Did Abraham receive Tithe'' more than once on biblical record? yes or no OR Show a bible verse proof or just be graciously be Mute!
(b) Are todays pastors following suite by following the Abraham ''one time tithe example'' only recorded? or they are doing outside Oversabi?
(c) The Word: ''priesthood of Melchizedeck, was ever a bibliical concept found in the Bible or '' Not found in the bible'

Its like you have issues understanding and explaining simple english.
Explain a simple sentence, you had to write a mini textbook just to twist the bible.

What did Jesus mean by: "these you should have done and not leave the other undone"
It means: " Do this but don't leave the other undone"
Anybody who has a primary school certificate understands it.

You're not even good at brainwashing or twisting bible verses. You make my job very easy by exposing your own hypocrisy.

a. Did the bible record Abraham's daily activities? so how can I know how how many times he tithed. Thank God you have admitted that he tithed, the number of times he did it throughout his life was not recorded.
b. You do not know how many times Abraham tithed, the bible only recorded one tithe. A word should be enough for the wise so an example should be enough for the sheep but never for the goats.
c. The bible talks about "priesthood after the order of Melchizedech" or "priesthood after the manner of Melchizedech". If that's not enough for tear your bible.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
POST *A4(1)

back to your question

part highlighted reads;

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hehehehehehehehehehe
lwkm

See definition for a simple sentence
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
MrPristine:

It's the bible that called it annulment not me and it's wrong of you to amend what God has annulled. That's rebellion.

Agreed. That law has been annulled.

But the same passage talks about a new law being in place

Heb ch 7
vs 12: For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law
vs 18: For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
vs 28: For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore

Heb ch 8
vs 7: For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
vs 10: For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
vs 13: In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away

It goes on and on
Via the highlighted verses, you can see that there is a new convenant and an old one. The word "convenant" and "law" were used interchangeably thoughout the highlighted verses.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

No intelligent person will call something that was distributed among all kind of people a tithe . it involves heavy denial of facts and blind argument

What the apostles did with the contributions is not your business. Call it anything you want.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
plainbibletruth:

The Scripture CLEARLY says what Abraham's tithe to Melchzedek was.

The Bible is equally clear in our not seeing where Jacob fulfilled his vow.

I wouldn't want to speculate beyond proper limits of scriptures.

When "The bible commands a tithe of all thine increase.", the question I ask you is: Increase of what ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE?

When you start from the Bible and then DRIFT OFF to "logic", "common sense" or "pure logic" you actually drift off into error.

The Christian should not stand on "human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ"

Your increase is your profit.
Anything you feel is your profit should be tithed on. If you're led to tithe on only the increase of your land / farm even when you're not a farmer. Please dont pay any cash to anybody because it will be rejected by God because you dont even believe that you're giving to God. In your heart, "You're only enriching this greedy man". So, just like the sacrifice of cain which was rejected, that tithe even if its for 100k every month for 3yrs, so long as the heart giving doesnt give cheerfully, there's no need to give.

Tithing is biblical but its better you dont give at all than to give with a sly or grudging heart.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MuttleyLaff: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
POST *A4(1)

back to your question

part highlighted reads;

G

. So you dont know? okay
let me show you again

hardasan:
Its like you have issues understanding and explaining simple english.
Explain a simple sentence, you had to write a mini textbook just to twist the bible
Madam, I think you looked in the mirror when you typed the above

hardasan:
What did Jesus mean by: "these you should have done and not leave the other undone"
It means: "
Do this but don't leave the other undone"
Anybody who has a primary school certificate understands it
This is the problem with people like you and Petra1, who like combining together the Levitical type of tithing and the Abraham type of tithing

What you ought to have known, is that Jesus was saying the Pharisees like any other Jew or Israelite has a DUTY, as in a requirement or obligation to give tithe and not leave matters of justice, mercy, fairness and the love of God undone.

Please tell, that's if you know, what are the reason(s) why it is a duty for the Israelites, particularly the Pharisee to pay tithe?

hardasan:
You're not even good at brainwashing or twisting bible verses.
You make my job very easy by exposing your own hypocrisy
He did a good job in exposing your low understanding actually

hardasan:
a. Did the bible record Abraham's daily activities? so how can I know how how many times he tithed. Thank God you have admitted that he tithed, the number of times he did it throughout his life was not recorded.

b. You do not know how many times Abraham tithed, the bible only recorded one tithe. A word should be enough for the wise so an example should be enough for the sheep but never for the goats
Abraham tithe only once.
The reason why Abraham tithed only once, is because Abraham took up arms, went to fight, on battle just the one time.
Abraham went after another once
It is this one time pursuit that Abraham fought and captured only hence the reason he tithed only once.
Abraham never had the chance to repeat the thrill of taking up arms, chase, fight and capture again, and so the opportunity to tithe never arose again

hardasan:
c. The bible talks about "priesthood after the order of Melchizedech" or "priesthood after the manner of Melchizedech". If that's not enough for tear your bible.
Isn't it the same bible we both and all are reading
because you are behaving as if you are singing from another hymns book

Hebrew Chapter 7, isn't anywhere talking about tithing perse.

Study Hebrews Chapter 7 properly, you will find the mention of tithing in Hebrews Chapter 7 is of the least concern.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 12:50am On Nov 24, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Madam, I think you looked in the mirror when you typed the above

This is the problem with people like you and Petra1, who like combining together the Levitical type of tithing and the Abraham type of tithing

What you ought to have known, is that Jesus was saying the Pharisees like any other Jew or Israelite has a DUTY, as in a requirement or obligation to give tithe and not leave matters of justice, mercy, fairness and the love of God undone.

Please tell, that's if you know, what are the reason(s) why it is a duty for the Israelites, particularly the Pharisee to pay tithe?

He did a good job in exposing your low understanding actually

Abraham tithe only once.
The reason why Abraham tithed only once, is because Abraham took up arms, went to fight, on battle just the one time.
Abraham went after another once
It is this one time pursuit that Abraham fought and captured only hence the reason he tithed only once.
Abraham never had the chance to repeat the thrill of taking up arms, chase, fight and capture again, and so the opportunity to tithe never arose again

Isn't it the same bible we both and all are reading
because you are behaving as if you are singing from another hymns book

Hebrew Chapter 7, isn't anywhere talking about tithing perse.

Study Hebrews Chapter 7 properly, you will find the mention of tithing in Hebrews Chapter 7 is of the least concern.

You can only force a horse to the stream but can't force them to drink. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the end. The same verse you feel has exposed me has blessed countless more just that everyone isn't bold enough to face the heat here.

Jesus said : What I say to one, I say to all
So you can't divide his words. The same Jesus said: A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Jesus is never the author of confusion. Salvation and Christianity came to the world by the jews first then extended to the gentiles.
That being said, the Bible never mentioned the number of times Abraham tithed. The tithe of the slaughter of kings was a very spectacular one and deserved a chapter on it. Ever wondered where Jacob got the inspiration to vow to pay tithes?

Hebrews 7 is centered around the switch in priesthood and the tithe receiver.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Mathew chapter 5 says that the smallest part of the law will not fail till heaven and earth be fulfilled.
Irregardless of the importance of any part of the law, disobedience to it is still called a sin. Just pray you don't have even one tiny lie to contend with on the day of judgement.

In the end, no part of the Bible should be ignored because it's the "least important". Is it in your Bible? pray for the grace to obey / practice it instead of weighing it's importance. But if you feel it's not worth the stress, it's your cup of coffee.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 1:04am On Nov 24, 2017
I'm not a pastor. Even if I am, it's not me that will receive the tithe of anyone reading this. I felt a burden to write and I am grateful I did. Apart from the bliss from the knowledge that I have impacted in not one, not 2, not even 10 lives, I feel like an apostle already cheesy
If you have followed up to this point, the summary is : tithing is biblical and it doesn't have to be money.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MuttleyLaff: 6:23am On Nov 24, 2017
hardasan:
You can only force a horse to the stream but can't force them to drink.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the end
This on so many levels, is so very true
and sad part is, the greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.

hardasan:
The same verse you feel has exposed me has blessed countless more just that everyone isn't bold enough to face the heat here
"Come, follow Me," Jesus said,
"and I will make you fishers of men."

- Matthew 4:19

You would agree that, Matthew 4:19 above about fishes, is a very interesting verse
but do you know that fishes swim against the current flow
and that only a dead fish goes with the flow

Well, as for facing the heat, you know what fire does?
The heat consumes or refines
There isnt much heat plastics can stand, or is there?
That's the reason for the putting out fire firefighting approach employed on this thread

hardasan:
Jesus said : What I say to one, I say to all
So you can't divide his words.
But what I say to you, I say the same to you all: 'Be watching.'
- Mark 13:37

SMH, it is startling how you mentioned this your out-of-context and half-quoted Mark 13:37 verse
but never mind, I've began getting used to your proof texting propensity and misusing bible verse quotations

hardasan:
The same Jesus said:
A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Jesus is never the author of confusion.
Salvation and Christianity came to the world by the Jews first then extended to the Gentiles.
Here we go again
Watch it milady, because you're going off tangent again

hardasan:
That being said, the Bible never mentioned the number of times Abraham tithed.
The tithe of the slaughter of kings was a very spectacular one and deserved a chapter on it.
Ever wondered where Jacob got the inspiration to vow to pay tithes
?
ROTBL, you've just had the epiphany of why, how and where from, Jacob got the inspiration to vow to pay tithes, without your mind even registering it

hardasan:
Hebrews 7 is centered around the switch in priesthood and the tithe receiver
Please for everybody's sake - including your own, its time to drop all these sentimental hang on and excuses
Have you ever heard of the Synod of Macon? smiley
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2017
hardasan:

Agreed. That law has been annulled.

But the same passage talks about a new law being in place

Heb ch 7
vs 12: For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law
vs 18: For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
vs 28: For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore

Heb ch 8
vs 7: For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
vs 10: For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
vs 13: In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away

It goes on and on
Via the highlighted verses, you can see that there is a new convenant and an old one. The word "convenant" and "law" were used interchangeably thoughout the highlighted verses.

Yes there is a new covenant and tithing is not a part of it.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2017
hardasan:
I'm not a pastor. Even if I am, it's not me that will receive the tithe of anyone reading this. I felt a burden to write and I am grateful I did. Apart from the bliss from the knowledge that I have impacted in not one, not 2, not even 10 lives, I feel like an apostle already cheesy
If you have followed up to this point, the summary is : tithing is biblical and it doesn't have to be money.

Yes tithing is biblical but it's not applicable to Christians. That said the type of tithing preached and practiced today (monetary tithe from income) is certainly not biblical but derived from twisting scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

"Pastor Wilson Is Mad" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Wilson's Sex Tape / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor / Joyous Man Dances Uncontrollably In Church (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.