Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (40512 Views)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by allstarcomic(m): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Weitn ear no hear

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please don't be like my aunty , she believes every sob story on hints magazine back then and even sends them money, I have also been sent multiple times to deliver letters at the post (funny most of them had their return address in Edo). I'm happy her kind heart is resting in heavenly peace and didn't experience the scourge of Nairaland.
#ifugetitugetit #seunandmodsihailuna #anythingfortraffic
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by tartarus(m): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
How ironic, a wife is to be blamed for her husbands downfall but do we blame a husband for his wife's downfall??! Lol women have Sha suffered in this part of the world. grin grin

-Oga your wife isn't badluck, she's just a lazy woman and is fulfilled with just being a MRS, she doesn't want to work.

-it's not her fault you lost your job STOP blaming her! Everything isn't spiritual!!

- she doesn't want medical or spiritual help in seeking a child cos she's probably infertile and doesn't know how to tell you OR the fault is from you! Have you checked yourself medically?! Check yourself and stop trying to make it seem like your wife is the cause of every single problem!

7 Likes

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by NwaliE01: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
let me start by saying that luck does not exist in marriage corridor.
As a married man like you, I can proudly tell you that marriage is 50% how you made it. your spouse makes up the balance.
In marriage that you would enjoy, you should firstly place your partner ahead of any problems that may come within the circumference of the union. Always remember there would always be challenges when two different individuals live together.
Secondly: Make sure that 90% of your free time is spent with your spouse and your problems should never surface during those moments.
Every women can bow to that man who can make her forget her worries.
Don't pressure your spouse into Finding solution to your problems and ALWAYS separate your extended family from your marriage.
No troubled woman can think aright in the midst of troubled home. that's why she refused your advise to get a job or business.

This my brief advice.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Bruno3000(m): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
Annie939:
it's not a bad luck it is a challenge , don't worry things will soon get better sweetie....
with this her attitude, i doubt.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Afflalo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
Iyanu Ma Sele Soonest
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by stepo707: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Too bad
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Yoshy: 12:10am On Nov 24, 2017
You might get something with this, I started a relationship with a girl, who I cherished. I observed one funny thing, Anytime I stay away from her things clear up but once I get close even through phone call, things become a bit tight. So I purposely tried a staged situation and my assertions came out right. This girl is a good religious lady by my obeservations. I have since ended the relationship.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Saao(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:
I got married about 4 years ago to a lady i courted for about 2 yrs. since then we’ve not had a child, and it has naturally become a source of worry as my parents have not hidden their concern at all.

Now, as a born again christian, I believe in totality that children come from God and he alone gives at his time, but I also know that the bible commands us to ask, seek and knock and that he that asks, receives. But my frustration in this whole thing is the wife I married.

Firstly, for strange reasons, ten months after marrying her, I lost my job of 12yrs, and since then I’ve been struggling to make ends meet. I must thank God for his goodness and mercies all the way. At least there has been no reason to beg anyone.

Secondly, she has strangely refused to support any effort I try to make for progress. She sees things differently with no better alternative to bring on the table and each time I go ahead, she wants it to fail. she’s a graduate who has also refused to do anything for flimsy reasons, not liking a business type, lack of interest with her certificate, not even to teach as an educationist. And for these reasons, we have remained almost always at loggerheads.

Thirdly, in an effort to find solution to our childlessness, she has frustrated every bit of the attempts. She has refused us exhausting medical options insisting that the problem is spiritual. And on the spiritual options, she has been half- heartedly involved. My parents invited us for prayers with a man of God,we got there on my insistence at least to honour them and she ended up embarrassing everyone including my parents as she vehemently refused to stay back for prayers as advised by the Man, and even accusing me of ganging up with them! That was Oct last year. Even if she didn’t believe the man as she claimed, i thought she should have been polite and respectful about it..

Needless to say, my parents have been hurt with her actions since then and wish I can just divorce her. Most frustrating for me is that presently, I’m observing a month long fasting and prayer period.

Even though she claims to be fasting and praying too, she has refused to go with me for prayers in Church for once. Please advice me on what to do as various thoughts keep running through my mind…

I am still very young and i think letting a woman who’s mindset is far below my ambitions will be doing harm to my future. my friend snd this to me. help him
ur problem is not ur wife but ursef. Think inword and grow up if not u will remain same without progress
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by samsam2019: 12:16am On Nov 24, 2017
She probably has no womb........

If you refused medical check up from at least 3 different hospital then divorce her. She no get womb
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by QueenMarvella(f): 12:19am On Nov 24, 2017
Go to Tb Joshua

grin
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Yankiss(m): 12:23am On Nov 24, 2017
You are not being firm in your marriage. Blaming your wife for losing your job is not quite right, unless she has spirit husband. First, you don't need her to be present before consulting a strong man of God to bare all that she is hiding. Hiding because, I think all is not clear. She either has something to hide or is an abiku or ogbanje of advanced type. I will not blame you for not discovering her during courtship. Most guys and ladies only show their true self once in marriage. Have you had any medical examination to confirm you are fertile? If not, do so. Show her the results. If you are fertile, then the problem is either from her or there is some spiritual issues. If you can confirm yourself, you will be narrowing down on the puzzle. If you have fertility issues, most often, this can be treated. If both of you have issues, adoption of a child would be a good idea, if treatment option is foreclosed. Avoid placing your self or marriage under undue pressure for children. It can ruin everything. How sure are you that some intrinsic issues relating to delayed childbirth weren't complicit in your job loss, in your wife's seeming un-cooperating behaviour, etc? Get to the bottom of the matter. You alone have the key!

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by sonnie10: 12:28am On Nov 24, 2017
Bros, she might be depressed because of the present situation; childlessnes coupled with your lost of job. People deal with problems differently. Some just want to wish the problem away while others take the bull by the horn.
Marriage life is like onion bulb, each stage reveals a new layer totally unlike courtship. Women most times are usually thrown off balance due to infertility. Some are withdrawn, disinterested and disconnected. It's a time they need support and assurance from their husband.

That is marriage, be there for her and make her understand you will always be there and that you are both going to get through it together
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by afbstrategies: 12:41am On Nov 24, 2017
She is probably not the woman God intended to be your wife, born again or not. Did you consult your mum and family members before marrying her? There's power in prayers, so good luck.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by expensiveguyman(m): 12:41am On Nov 24, 2017
Never count yourself lucky as a man until u're married. that's one of d best thing I learnt from my dad growing up as a child.

In other words sir, ur wife's problem is spiritual and going by ur ordeal it's obvious she is one of those ladies being possess by marine spirit.

I would advise that you seek for a powerful man of God and take her for deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by baby124: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2017
A woman who hasn't had kids in her marriage for 4yrs will never refuse medical or spiritual help. In fact, she will be the one disturbing you to come to hospitals with her. I think she knows the reason for the infertility in your marriage. You have to ask her serious questions. If she refuses to go to the hospital with you after this discussion, then she has something to hide. Make her go with you to the hospital, if she refuses I suggest you get a divorce and move on with your life. She will only waste your time and you will resent her for it. Even if she cannot have kids, she should tell you so you guys can decide what to do. Not guilt tripping you to stay in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Daeylar(f): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2017
You guys don't seem to agree on anything,

You lost your job, she doesn't have a job,
She won't support you trying to do something, she refuses to do anything herself,

You both want kids, kids are not forthcoming.
Go to the hospital she won't agree, what about you? Have you gone to the hospital to make sure the problem isn't from you? If you have and she still doesn't want to go to see if the issue is from her side...
Then her behaviour is wrong.
Also Go to church, she refuses...

Seems like you both are unequally yoked.

Might as well get a divorce.

This is the first time I really want to ask someone if the person didn't notice all these differences during courtship.

BTW she's not the source of any badluck, you're just going through a tough time.
Stop this attitude of blaming her for your misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by olamefun1990(m): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2017
As a Christian divorce is not an option unless she is unfaithful but God is. I'm a young unmarried man but I tell you that God knows what is best for you. So, approach him a lay your case and im sure he will do justice to it. It is quiet frustrating though but I say with no iota of doubt that God has a definite solution to this, just ask. God bless ur marriage.

You've already made your decision. What you are doing is looking if people will react same way or not. Please seek God first.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by saajus: 1:09am On Nov 24, 2017
I hope she's not hiding any secrets. Your first mission is to TRY ALL MEANS to let her seek medical help. You are not excluded from medical too. Let's be sure there is no hidden secret. When Doctor confirm both of you ok, then you can continue spiritual option.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by mikehelp: 1:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Two of you go to MFM prayer city and do deliverance
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by bubbychis(m): 1:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Annie939:
it's not a bad luck it is a challenge , don't worry things will soon get better sweetie....
Yes!!! let him know that his breakthrough is very near
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by smartn09(m): 1:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Hello, friend l observed that there could be age difference( meaning that your wife must have understood the world better than you do) . she is tenacious, decisive and strong-willed and she just needed a man of her type to be comfortable ,yet your ability to blend with her becomes the case.
Watch her closely, you may understand that she thoroughly underrate your level of wisdom and experience.
Please, that woman will make you very powerful if you can only listen to her and give her chance to exercise her mind. Closely call her attention and see if she can tell you what she wants and how she wants you to manage the family . most importantly b4 your beloved wife can open her heart to you , is only when you remove your family and relatives from your marital life. In fact your good relationship with your wife begins when there's no third party interference either friends or whoever and the secret of family hood is maintained between the couples.
Once again she is not the cause of any of your bad luck and l believed if you can blend and resolve with her and begin to build a happy family, the child you ar' looking for will come forward.
Don't forget that she is wiser than you and you need to listen and give chance for a better family management .
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by aspirebig: 1:29am On Nov 24, 2017
Op. just try to deal with this issue from another angle ...tell her that you want to declare one week fasting and prayer. ...to seek God face and if she refuses..go alone ...

You can do deliverance 3 days dry and the rest four days break by 6pm....no water, no food. ...preferably you can go to MFM ...there is no way you won't see a change after the one week..... you are only passing through a phase of life.....attack it violence prayer and praises ....not gentleman prayer style....make sure you have enough prayer points to pray or better but prayer book that will guide you...

No sit down look ooo

Any issue you have commit it to God in prayer then see changes coming..in few months. This is what I have tried that worked for me.....

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by iluvpomo(m): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2017
E be like say OP don marry mamiwata... well at least the sèx will be sweet tongue
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Checked86: 1:44am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:
I got married about 4 years ago to a lady i courted for about 2 yrs. since then we’ve not had a child, and it has naturally become a source of worry as my parents have not hidden their concern at all.

Now, as a born again christian, I believe in totality that children come from God and he alone gives at his time, but I also know that the bible commands us to ask, seek and knock and that he that asks, receives. But my frustration in this whole thing is the wife I married.

Firstly, for strange reasons, ten months after marrying her, I lost my job of 12yrs, and since then I’ve been struggling to make ends meet. I must thank God for his goodness and mercies all the way. At least there has been no reason to beg anyone.

Secondly, she has strangely refused to support any effort I try to make for progress. She sees things differently with no better alternative to bring on the table and each time I go ahead, she wants it to fail. she’s a graduate who has also refused to do anything for flimsy reasons, not liking a business type, lack of interest with her certificate, not even to teach as an educationist. And for these reasons, we have remained almost always at loggerheads.

Thirdly, in an effort to find solution to our childlessness, she has frustrated every bit of the attempts. She has refused us exhausting medical options insisting that the problem is spiritual. And on the spiritual options, she has been half- heartedly involved. My parents invited us for prayers with a man of God,we got there on my insistence at least to honour them and she ended up embarrassing everyone including my parents as she vehemently refused to stay back for prayers as advised by the Man, and even accusing me of ganging up with them! That was Oct last year. Even if she didn’t believe the man as she claimed, i thought she should have been polite and respectful about it..

Needless to say, my parents have been hurt with her actions since then and wish I can just divorce her. Most frustrating for me is that presently, I’m observing a month long fasting and prayer period.

Even though she claims to be fasting and praying too, she has refused to go with me for prayers in Church for once. Please advice me on what to do as various thoughts keep running through my mind…

I am still very young and i think letting a woman who’s mindset is far below my ambitions will be doing harm to my future. my friend snd this to me. help him

We are faced with different problems to battle but what most of us do not know is how to battle it the right way. From your explanation, you dated for 2years, which is enough time to know her very well. For you to have went ahead to marry her means she wasn't bad throughout the dating period. Just as God uses people to help people, Devil uses people to destroy people. the person that is being used to destroy is not bad but the spirit that possessed the person. this is my advice. The only thing you have got is prayer(God). You know you have a battle to finish but you should draw a plan on how to fight the battle. Know your enemy. Here, your wife is not your enemy but the spirit possessing her. Show her love and see her behavior towards you as not hers but that of the devil. Why do you show her love? devil hates it...it is a weapon. Forget what she does to you. Pray always and love your wife like never before. the spirit possessing her will leave her and she will be back to you, humble and productive. I am also going to put you in prayer in my own little way. I am not married but i love marriage with my whole self.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

I am making this comment before reading your write up.

You married a LAZY woman.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Checked86: 2:08am On Nov 24, 2017
smartn09:
Hello, friend l observed that there could be age difference( meaning that your wife must have understood the world better than you do) . she is tenacious, decisive and strong-willed and she just needed a man of her type to be comfortable ,yet your ability to blend with her becomes the case.
Watch her closely, you may understand that she thoroughly underrate your level of wisdom and experience.
Please, that woman will make you very powerful if you can only listen to her and give her chance to exercise her mind. Closely call her attention and see if she can tell you what she wants and how she wants you to manage the family . most importantly b4 your beloved wife can open her heart to you , is only when you remove your family and relatives from your marital life. In fact your good relationship with your wife begins when there's no third party interference either friends or whoever and the secret of family hood is maintained between the couples.
Once again she is not the cause of any of your bad luck and l believed if you can blend and resolve with her and begin to build a happy family, the child you ar' looking for will come forward.
Don't forget that she is wiser than you and you need to listen and give chance for a better family management .

tell me one or two things that the OP wrote that made you conclude that the wife is wiser than the husband. okay, she doesn't agree with family, i guess? come on, get out from where you are hiding and face the reality of life.

2 Likes

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 24, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Does she have a marine husband? If yes, the man will try to frustrate you and eventually try to kill you until you leave its wife.

Don't take me serious biko, I learnt that nonsense I said here in Nairaland, don't know how true it is. grin

Your problem might just be a coincidence though. I wish you well man.

there is no such thing as coincidence. every step has been designed in the realm of the spirit before manifesting in the physical. even to details as little as a fly perching on your uncooked meat...
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 24, 2017
raumdeuter:
Was she working when you were dating or you married her unemployed, without a trade and without a plan

good question. whatever answer it is, doesnt give her the excuse not to be productive.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by IkpuMmadu: 3:17am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Mariangeles(f): 3:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Did you pray to ask GOD if she was the one for you?
There's something she's not telling you...something really deep and spiritual and until that "something" is dealt with, the problem (s) will continue to the point that you will come to accept it and live with it.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by IkpuMmadu: 3:21am On Nov 24, 2017
They may tell you something but the truth is that like all partnership....you really need to be careful of whom you marry or go into any partnership with....even the Bible made it clear in do not be unequal yoked

Let me break it down...some people have this spirit ...or nemesis ,Karma or retributive justice that follow them

A woman that has done terrible things in past,be it spiritually or physically will have the reward...it's basic principles of life...what you sow you reap and if you get entangles with such a person... You will bear the brunt...yes, God forgives but the person must restitute and pay back because no sin goes unpunished

She is your wife, you have a pact with her spiritual and physical ...it's your cross....bear it

Speak for ways..be a man ,make the move and do the needful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / How She Changed A Cheating Husband / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.