Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,912 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (40516 Views)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by dreamtech3636(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2017
make I tell u ur wife character
1she is extremely arrogant 2 she is mischievous 3 she instigate you, ur family & friends against each other 4what she say is final 5 . ur " business partners " desert u bcuz of no 3 6 she is very beautiful 7 you are very patient's and kind in nature dats y u still dey wait 8ur wife is very aggressive

I was xplainin this issues on face book recently.follow me ebonyi Inalegwu Israel
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2017
You mean you didn't notice all this during courtship?
Lawaoh sad
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by aduje(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2017
You can call me 08184618908 [sincerely want to share something with you without expecting to get material gains].

ghostfacekillar:
I got married about 4 years ago to a lady i courted for about 2 yrs. since then we’ve not had a child, and it has naturally become a source of worry as my parents have not hidden their concern at all.

Now, as a born again christian, I believe in totality that children come from God and he alone gives at his time, but I also know that the bible commands us to ask, seek and knock and that he that asks, receives. But my frustration in this whole thing is the wife I married.

Firstly, for strange reasons, ten months after marrying her, I lost my job of 12yrs, and since then I’ve been struggling to make ends meet. I must thank God for his goodness and mercies all the way. At least there has been no reason to beg anyone.

Secondly, she has strangely refused to support any effort I try to make for progress. She sees things differently with no better alternative to bring on the table and each time I go ahead, she wants it to fail. she’s a graduate who has also refused to do anything for flimsy reasons, not liking a business type, lack of interest with her certificate, not even to teach as an educationist. And for these reasons, we have remained almost always at loggerheads.

Thirdly, in an effort to find solution to our childlessness, she has frustrated every bit of the attempts. She has refused us exhausting medical options insisting that the problem is spiritual. And on the spiritual options, she has been half- heartedly involved. My parents invited us for prayers with a man of God,we got there on my insistence at least to honour them and she ended up embarrassing everyone including my parents as she vehemently refused to stay back for prayers as advised by the Man, and even accusing me of ganging up with them! That was Oct last year. Even if she didn’t believe the man as she claimed, i thought she should have been polite and respectful about it..

Needless to say, my parents have been hurt with her actions since then and wish I can just divorce her. Most frustrating for me is that presently, I’m observing a month long fasting and prayer period.

Even though she claims to be fasting and praying too, she has refused to go with me for prayers in Church for once. Please advice me on what to do as various thoughts keep running through my mind…

I am still very young and i think letting a woman who’s mindset is far below my ambitions will be doing harm to my future. my friend snd this to me. help him
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by jacoik(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2017
python1:
lolzzzz hahahahq I swear u are d most wonderful creature I have ever seen. U get luck say no be army
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Austin234(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Divorce shouldn't be an option for now so long as she has not comitted adultery. I think u should have a heart to heart talk with her. Sit her down and discuss with her. If that failed, u may opt for going for counselling with a good Counselor who have trackable record. Above all, go to God in prayer
ghostfacekillar:
I got married about 4 years ago to a lady i courted for about 2 yrs. since then we’ve not had a child, and it has naturally become a source of worry as my parents have not hidden their concern at all.

Now, as a born again christian, I believe in totality that children come from God and he alone gives at his time, but I also know that the bible commands us to ask, seek and knock and that he that asks, receives. But my frustration in this whole thing is the wife I married.

Firstly, for strange reasons, ten months after marrying her, I lost my job of 12yrs, and since then I’ve been struggling to make ends meet. I must thank God for his goodness and mercies all the way. At least there has been no reason to beg anyone.

Secondly, she has strangely refused to support any effort I try to make for progress. She sees things differently with no better alternative to bring on the table and each time I go ahead, she wants it to fail. she’s a graduate who has also refused to do anything for flimsy reasons, not liking a business type, lack of interest with her certificate, not even to teach as an educationist. And for these reasons, we have remained almost always at loggerheads.

Thirdly, in an effort to find solution to our childlessness, she has frustrated every bit of the attempts. She has refused us exhausting medical options insisting that the problem is spiritual. And on the spiritual options, she has been half- heartedly involved. My parents invited us for prayers with a man of God,we got there on my insistence at least to honour them and she ended up embarrassing everyone including my parents as she vehemently refused to stay back for prayers as advised by the Man, and even accusing me of ganging up with them! That was Oct last year. Even if she didn’t believe the man as she claimed, i thought she should have been polite and respectful about it..

Needless to say, my parents have been hurt with her actions since then and wish I can just divorce her. Most frustrating for me is that presently, I’m observing a month long fasting and prayer period.

Even though she claims to be fasting and praying too, she has refused to go with me for prayers in Church for once. Please advice me on what to do as various thoughts keep running through my mind…

I am still very young and i think letting a woman who’s mindset is far below my ambitions will be doing harm to my future. my friend snd this to me. help him
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by eejo(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2017
my friend remove your parents out of the case if you want your marriage to stand then go and check yourself first to know if your sperm count is fine i have a friend like you with low sperm count and up till now no child in that marriage
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Mccullum: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2017
Many facing similar challenges but managing it differently... I think from religious approach our creator doesn't happy with separation of husband and wife while constitution of most countries supported incompatible couple to divorce due to is man made law.

Look what ever your wife might be doing wrong to you, it doesn't get the weight of divorcing her except if she's wayward with concrete evidence from you, only that can warrant your decision for the union to be separated, if you continue to overlook all her shortcomings, almighty God will reward you for that in this world and here after.

Conclusively, I'm also facing the problem but it's not my wife I'm respecting, up till now no issues since five years we've been together, that endurance to the union's situation is act of worshiping almighty Allah and my creator I'm expecting reward from not her.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by perryy(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2017
I swear, that girl surely knows the source of her problem. She is on revenge mission. A man made her lose her womb and she has vowed another man must bear the brunt.

Only remedy is divorce. Forget that bullshits they tell u in church and do the needful.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by dreamtech3636(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2017
che 48 laws of power, chapter 10 ur case is written there . the more u try to help the more u loss ur fortune her case is above & beyond u
start to look Fo New wife ISHILOVE the elders hav spoken
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Iseoluwani: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

your friend just married wrongly , and as a Christian he can't divorce, so let him pray to God to show him the secret of his problem
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by bayulll011(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

g for me is that presently, I’m observing a month long fasting and prayer period.
him

Fact u did not do what was expected of u before u marry that lady.

Guys don't always think with your 3rd leg in relationship hoping she will change cos Adult don't change their behaviour.

You loosing your job might not be her doing let's say is coincidental.

Call her,talk to her deep down and if she refuse,give her options,is either u guys part ways or separated for now,that will do the trick.

But u don't know your wife sincerely.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Olabestonic001(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

This definitely is a very very serious one! She's a laid back person who sees life as not worthy of strife and you are an ambitious young man who believes in doing your bests. Every other frustrations emanates from that believe system.

About 4yrs ago, I met and loved a lady; very brilliant and many more, but she isn't ambitious. So, I had a revelation in which I saw that I bought a brand new bike and I also had her ride with me. However, I couldn't ride neither could she. I saw that we had an accident and she was still enjoying it. I was severely frustrated in that dream. And that's how I ended that relationship. She also showed the trait as she was more comfortable with doing a job of 22k in Ibadan than going to the city and honoring a job of over 120k from a renowned uncle of hers. To her, patience is life.

That's what I'm seeing in your wife sir. However, you can remedy it. You should hold on firmly to the reason you married her in the first place; that is key even for your own sanity. Secondly, expunge from your heart that she's the source of your financial frustrations; I feel she's not. She just think you're not patient enough. Live beyond her view on that. Thirdly, GOD will provide those children in JESUS name. Don't be frustrated.

However, I think you both need a counselor and wealth coach. It will go a long way in helping shape her views. Above all, pray for her specially and specifically that GOD should cause her to be a motivated woman. She's obviously a self-protective lady who has a great doze of inertia. She needs the motivation of the Holy Spirit. Please, don't divorce her.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Abudu2000(m): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2017
You see topics like this and you just shake ur head for these sheeples, their pastors have used their heads so we'll they have become dumber and stupid....infact I have no advice for you ,die in ur folly as stated in the bible
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Ranchhoddas: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2017
QueenMarvella:
Go to Tb Joshua
grin
What a terrible advice!

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by VagileVictor(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

It is a surmountable challenge which you have refused to confront. Always encourage yourself with the words that you situation is not the worst and with a little change of heart towards your wife, things will certainly change for the best.

As Christians, we know that God hates divorce and prayer, fasting, meditating on the Word and total renewal of heart towards your better half, is the solution. I think, your love for her has grown cold owing to her revealed escapades which you have refused to forgive her. Remember, forgiveness heals injuries. I mean, you know her secret and have deliberately done nothing to help her out of it. If you can close your eyes over her past, then you can revive your marriage and sustain it to testify. Philippians 2:1-5
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by usclem: 7:52am On Nov 24, 2017
Pls call Brother John Praise for free Godly prayers and Consultation on 07034994309 for your victory through Christ Jesus. Try and see that the Lord God Almighty is good and kind. There is no harm in trying ,call on Jesus today for your liberty and victory of life.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Greatihex(m): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2017
raumdeuter:
Was she working when you were dating or you married her unemployed, without a trade and without a plan
ogami, i no knw say u dy reach this kind place o.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by PeacenLove2: 7:57am On Nov 24, 2017
OP,

Sorry about your situation and I hope things get much better for you.

May I just point a few things out? You dated this lady for two years, not that a 100 years dating could afford you complete knowledge of a person, we all grow, we change and so on. But my point is, you seem to be a bit emotional and this might make you perceive and judge erroneously. I want to believe you married a decent woman who wants you both to be happy and successful in life. I think you should calm down and try to get her to talk more, see why it seems you both are at loggerheads. Why wouldn't she want to pray and fast with you even when she believes the problem is spiritual too? Does she go to a different church? What sort of work would she rather do? What should she be doing pending when she gets her ideal job in this horrible economy? You need to both communicate like adults, no holds barred.

And you need to change your outlook on life too, bro. You already believe you wife brought you ill luck and thinking of divorcing her. I don't see how this can turn out well unless you redirect your thoughts. You both are one now and should try to win as one. Call your wife, pray together first and have that heart to heart talk. No badgering, no nagging. The purpose of your talk is to resolve your issues, plan your lives and see where you can both compromise and meet half way.

Good luck.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by wealthyhrt: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

all you need is you to fix this. In the spirit realm you guys are one. if you work out your healing, she would be healed. don't worry her.just deal with yourself from the spirit realm. all would be fine.do you know that if this woman sleeps with another man, she might end up getting pregnant. so the devil is after your destiny not the woman. we can talk more if you so desire. God bless you
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Housing(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

First as a learned person you must exhaust the medical option fully and from trusted professional medical practitioners. There maybe more to it. How does she know that is a spiritual problem and yet unwilling to submit to spiritual process. That if true is a pointer that she may know the reason but decided to waste your time.

Free your mind from any bad luck thing, the lost of job is just one of the challenges of life. Deal with the problem of procreation pragmatically. Ensure that she submitted herself for health checks and be sure you are both sterile. Follow by fertility tests. Be prayerful but you must be practical in all dealings. Nigerians are too spiritual forgetting that majority of God's working are scientific in nature and can be proofed.

1 Like

Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by sweetilicious(f): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2017
Am so out of word to type.
Richy4:
Both of u should seek medical advice from your GP. Go for thorough examination to check if something is wrong.. Do not go to the one she proposed just incase she is hiding something from you..

As for the job, just keep on searching... In due time the door of employment will open for you..

In my opinion, She has found what she wanted which is marriage...her soul is now relaxed... She is now MRS..That's the only title some wanted..Those days when you were courting her, and you were working, you were looking at her with a rose petal eye glasses. .. u did not dictate any fault because all was well... now that u have removed the glasses, u have now seen her originality...

I want to say here that she was not the cause of the ill-luck befallen u.. Live is full of ups and downs..and when the down part occurs, if u were lucky and have married a hard working lady,she will be by your side to back u up.. but now u were frustrated because you were not lucky enough to have married a hard working lady....U married a coded lazy woman meant for Rich Hausa men..(you know that most of them doesn't allow their wife to work right? )...and u are not in that category...

So, Just manage her that's what marriage is all about.. u can't bail on her now when in tough situation.. remember your vow... It is a serious one not a poem..

I still insist that u guys go on check up
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Funkybabee(f): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2017
Welcomme:
Since your wife doesn't want a medical solution, then I can confidently tell you that your knows she can't conceive. Probably, she doesn't have a womb and doesn't not you to know. She knows if u guyz go to a Doctor's place, all her hidden secret will be opened; Hence her refusal to go to the hospital with you. I am telling you base on experience. It happened to a friend's brother.

But even if she knows, why did she still refused spiritual help while God can show her mercy....

I think I will advice op to involve her parents with her character and threaten them to divorce her if she didn't want to change.......

They will talk sense to her snd he also should be prayerful as people usually said its might be spiritual husband
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by newslifeop: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2017
So you are putting it on her
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Pweetyradiance(f): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2017
python1:
Oh my God!!!!! I can't stop laughing ohhhhh, abeg send this pics to me mbok.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by David160(m): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

get a divorce
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Reference(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2017
First and foremost, failed courtship. 2 years is not a deep enough foundation for 50 years of marraige. It is just enough time to summarise the important points of a relatiinship, not diagnose them indetail and bearable time for pretenses and glossing over issues. Shorter courtships favour the impatient, the fake and the vain.

Having said that, you will need more than twice the time and twice the patience of a courtship to handle this situation. Since violence and infidelity are not involved, divorce is unnecessary. Be a man and begin to reconstruct the personality of your wife and pull back from the drive you have for your set objectives. Take a sabatical from your aspirations in life to work on her because life's journey CANNOT be handled singlehandedly. There is no vision that can be accomplished by a single person. This is the secret of the Trinity in Christianity (which you profess).

Secondly, I am a bit concerned about 'spiritual consultations' here and there because of your inability to conceive. In most cases I have heard, IT DOES NOT END WELL and may lead yqou down routes that can severely restrict or damage you destiny (in God). Christianity as a faith is KNOWLEDGE based. Your task is simple. Just obtain information about what is happening to you (your family). Prayer is merely asking God to act on your discoveries spiritually. Thus if the information you gather requires medical treatment you donot urgently require prayers, you need a doctor. It is when the problems are BEYOND human intervention do you need to send the product back to the manufacturer (GOD) for repairs. God is your kindhearted Father. He does not place warranties on human beings. He will not be angry if you ask a doctor what the problem is. He will not deny you if you take medicines or have a surgery. He will rather be disappointed if you are not willing to set time to seek His Word concerning any matter before taking life changing actions.

Beware of 'prophets' and 'pastors' who see this and that. It will not end well.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Reference(m): 9:18am On Nov 24, 2017
David160:
get a divorce

For what reason pls.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 24, 2017
Very Troubling.
But, I learnt you DATED her for 2years....
What were your observations within this 2years..??
What were the tell tale signs you saw and still married her...??
What was she doing within this 2years..??
Didn't she get pregnant for you at all..??
What informed your decision of marrying her...??
Did you ever consider your future with her b4 wedlock..?
If she brings you bad lucks always, what informed your decision of marrying her..??
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostfacekillar:

Very Troubling.
But I learnt you DATED her for 2years....
What were your observations within this 2years..??
Didn't she get pregnant for you at all..??
What informed your decision of marrying her...??
Please, I need answers asap
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by davillian(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017
I've said to myself before I marry any woman I don score 2month goal confirm.
I can't come and marry a repentant slay Queen.
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 24, 2017
davillian:

I've said to myself before I marry any woman I don score 2month goal confirm.
I can't come and marry a repentant slay Queen.
Also make sure you are FIT to score this goal.....

Remember, LADIES are the GOALKEEPERS
Re: Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck by UjuJoan2: 9:30am On Nov 24, 2017
EVILFOREST:

Also make sure you are FIT to score this goal.....

Remember, LADIES are the GOALKEEPERS

How apt! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / How She Changed A Cheating Husband / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.