Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,255 members, 7,891,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:58 AM

Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 (5520 Views)

GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Chatham House Apperance For Buhari Restricted To Twitter Session - GuardianNews / Atiku Makes The First Public Appearance At Buhari’s Campaign Rally (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by ayettymama(f): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2010
ndu- is funny

hes the antagonist

the world and thier uncle knows ibb is the reason for all our problems today

do u really think people will vote for him simply because weve heard his name??

if abacha was still alive im sure youll say the samwe
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by nduchucks: 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
Can you people read? Where have I endorsed IBB for any office? I'm simply stating my opinion on the issue. Let's have your own analysis. Tell us why IBB cannot win the election if he contests - simple as that.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by alanbolo(m): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
IBB may and will win the election if he contest, especially under the platform of PDP. due to their size and organizations as opposed to ther parties.  The truth of the matter is that IBB should be discouraged to run based on his past performance "though, which is not always a gurantee for future implementations" , there are more qualified northern personalities who have a cleaner hand than him and will produced the same desired result.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by ayettymama(f): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^ not really

what someone should do is shoot him right between the eyes

the next time he tries to run mouth!

i dont get how these people even walk freely

how come the man hasnt been lynched??
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by princekevo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2010
Political maradona, he comes again. He knows that true federalism is what Nigeria need and what majority yearn for at the moment. He wanna use that to gain the majority support come 2011, but he failed this time. Nigerians are wiser than those years. He ruled Nigeria for good 8yrs a military, if he knew this, it would have been easy for him to use his autocratic power to declare Nigeria a true federal state. Whereby he didn't do it after 8years, how are we to trust him the 2nd time. He should go and sleep, sleep dey catch am.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2010
Why must the Yorubas always lick his ar.se?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Nalds(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
did not know he had good ideas like this or his he pretending.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by tayo4me(f): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
He was just chatting shit! True Federalism my arse! Didnt bother finish reading the article
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by YD(m): 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
Nalds:

did not know he had good ideas like this or his he pretending.

shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by oderemo(m): 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
Why
must the Yorubas always lick his ar.se
?
shut the 4ck up.you are of no value.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by marvix(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
@nduchuks, what promised lands is IBB suposed 2 take us to, the promised land he led us out of, who says Nigerians are searchin 4 a promised land. What Cabal is he suposed to put in check 4 ur info cabals are created by d rulers, if IBB gets to ofc again he wld hav his own cabal which leaves us neither here nor there.
Simply put IBB is a nightmare dat shld not b allowed 2 com true.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by naijaking1: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2010
Only in Nigeria:

People love their religion more than their own country
Our president disappears for more than 4 months, and nobody gives a damn.
IBB is not standing on the gallows checking out the noose that matches his fat neck best
The murders of innocent Nigerians-Dele Giwa, etc are not investigated
IBB is actually walking around the country a freeman
IBB is actually seeking to return to power, so that he can complete what he started.
And what did he start?
Everything that has dragged this country back 50 year, and now made to appear as acceptable.
Only in Nigeria embarassed
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by oderemo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2010
i dont get how these people even walk freely

how come the man hasn't been lynched??

that is your ans , right there. gbam.
courtesy of ayetymamma.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by gerona: 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ndu chucks Go to blazes and burn to ashes and don't forget to take IBB along.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2010
If i won the lottery today, first thing i'd do is hire a merc that can round these a.r.s.e-holes and give them what they truly need. One bullet apiece between the eyes, however, i agree with ndu about IBB having the support of the electorate. If you don't believe me ask 10 people to comment on his intended comeback and you'd be shocked to learn that 6 will vote for him if he runs.
In fact someone i respect a lot even told me that IBB's style was chop make i chop unlike the current breed of pocketicians who only want to chop alone
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by nduchucks: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijababe:

however,[b] i agree with ndu about IBB having the support of the electorate. If you don't believe me ask 10 people to comment on his intended comeback and you'd be shocked to learn that 6 will vote for him if he runs.[/b]In fact someone i respect a lot even told me that IBB's style was chop make i chop unlike the current breed of pocketicians who only want to chop alone

naijababe, you have my utmost respect for the above comments. All I was stating was the obvious bitter truth. Some people who do not like it have resorted to reigning curses and the like. You have shown that some people can actually read.

@gerona, you are a toothless cyber terrorist. olodo
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by trustme1: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2010
see, the truth of the matter is if the IBB haters dont fight this, and i mean real action and not just cheap net talk, then the IBB lovers will definately carry the day, and we would still be caught typing our way on net.

IF WE DONT STAND UP TO THESE PEOPLE, THE WILL CONTINUE TO POO POO ON US WELL WELL, AND EVEN GO AHEAD TO FLUSH US DOWN THE TOILET.

IF YOU CANT STAND UP FOR CHANGE THEN SIT DOWN AND , lipsrsealed
after 50 years fa, we still dey here dey complain and nothing more. that is why we will always be looked upon as fools. doing the same thing, year in year out.

sometimes, i wonder if nigerians even deserve to rule themselves
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by naijaking1: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijababe:

If i won the lottery today, first thing i'd do is hire a merc that can round these a.r.s.e-holes and give them what they truly need. One bullet apiece between the eyes, however, i agree with ndu about IBB having the support of the electorate. If you don't believe me ask 10 people to comment on his intended comeback and you'd be shocked to learn that 6 will vote for him if he runs.
In fact someone i respect a lot even told me that IBB's style was chop make i chop unlike the current breed of pocketicians who only want to chop alone

No nation ever developes with chop make I chop philosophy.
Wetin you dey chop, the British is gone, whose money you dey chop? Na your children's and children's children money you dey chop so.
Another reason why IBB should be in jail, and not even thinking about coming back to power.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by TmeD0(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
trust_me:

sometimes, i wonder if nigerians even deserve to rule themselves

gbam!
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by gerona: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ndu chucks I see where the likes of you come from - the ruins of mediocrity. Who even allowed you to join this group. The likes of you should go chat your life out in other chat engines instead of commenting on serious national issues for the matured minds.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by supereagle(m): 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2010
The former president who was making his first public appearance in Abeokuta after the annulment of the historic June 12, 1993, presidential election said: “I believe that true federalism is the issue of this country. We have lived together for 50 years, there are a lot of things in Nigeria’s political system.
[quote][/quote]
IBB had appeared in many functions in the north, but not in the SW. When OBJ was first sworn in 1999,he was there,he was in Ilorin when Idiagbon was being buried and many more take note.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by nosa2(m): 12:03am On Apr 03, 2010
Does anyone have any possible links on how to be a member of the current militancy in the delta, because if this man wins I want to join them and make sure no drop of oil is ever pumped (this in not a joke) you can email me on nosa2@operamail.com, i'm willing to do what ever is necessary
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Alxmyr(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2010
Obasanjo tamed him in 2007. Hope he can cage him again in 2011
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by rareman(m): 12:34am On Apr 03, 2010
but Ndu_chuks has not said he liked this man, he was just analyzing the realities on ground which to me by fact he is not far from the truth. only God will help naija
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by ogajim(m): 1:04am On Apr 03, 2010
I thought it was an April fools joke, Only in Nigeria iS all I can say about this one. Ndu abi na Ndule, Ndukwe, but seriously(as Phil Collins used to sing) Are you that young or that oops! lipsrsealed
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by eros(m): 7:27am On Apr 03, 2010
Granted IBB is a bad leader and a chronic thief who has bled Nigeria dry ever since he came to power. But then, he has done some good for Nigeria in one way or another. I like the man in a way, but hate his bleeding Nigeria treasury dry.

Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by monkeyleg: 8:28am On Apr 03, 2010
Let him go and sit down in dorty, he is a bloody thief and really is in no position to lecture anyone. Let him start by returning the money he stoles, apologise to Nigerians, maybe go to jail for a few years, well that would disqualify him from any political ambition, before lecturing anyone.

There is really nothing to like about him. When I hear people come online stae rt making excuses for the him, it just tells me that as a people we really do not grasp the full extent of our problems, maybe if we did, we would all unite and move Nigeria forward. But I am afraid I am resigned to the fact that this may never happen.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by md4real(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2010
Why are some people's brain short sighted? I B B is a criminal. He annulled june 12 election, killed many people and suck Nigeria dry as a military ruler. BUT WHO IS A SAINT? As a democratic ruler, OBJ who was his own petroleum minister and his cohorts did not only involve in chronic thievery(if there is anything like that), the elections since 2003 had many flaws, numerous murders are unsolved and worst still, we are still stagnant in almost sphere of the society. The point is, they are all the same and seriously, I B B still has the charisma to involve peoples decision
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by monkeyleg: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2010
Come people, is there really a case to discuss IBB's presidential aspirations? should we really be spending time doing that? is there any benefit?

Like I said, time after time, we are our own worst enemy. We come on here and justify a criminal, someone who contributed to the present state of the country, who Nigerians are currently suffering because of his actions. But you know what, true to ourselves, we have to justify him as being one of the many thieves in Nigeria.

My friend has a very good saying for us. "Nigerians get the leaders they deserve", If it was any other country, IBB, IBORI, and the gang would be in jail.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by KnowAll(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2010
N'du chuks have said what we all dread to hear, IBB will win the 2011 election next year if he is allowed to run. Unfortunately the internet antogonist constitute only about 3% of the Nigerian populace, the majority of Nigerians being that we have a very high illetracy levels will vote for this inglorius and insatiable rogue.

It would be a hard sell, selling the idea of IBB as President to SW after the Abiola Imbroglio, obviously for highly and a political dinosour like IBB to come to lowly Gbenga Daniel's birthday speaks volume. It is clear the role people like GD, Akala, and the Oshun man would play in the forth coming elections, these men would be the Regimental Seargeant Major (RSM ) for the IBB campaign, they would not only make a killing in terms of funds required by inflating the pivotal role they will play in installing massers IBB as the King of Aso rock, they would also have assumed that sacred post of Oyo-mesi or King makers as with the old Oyo empire.

It would take an opposition of magnanimous profile to counter what will surely be a landslide even in the dreaded backyard of M.K.O. Abiola, I am not happy at this prospect, but being a realist, It would be dishonourable to ignore a trend that has bedevilled our democracy since 1999.

What we should pray for is for him not to contest, that is 150 million Nigerians should embark on a prayer feast, after all 13 months is still a long way. A prayer pursued with vigour and gust now would definately come to fruition in the weeks, months and year to come.

So lets get started.  
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by 27(m): 9:18am On Apr 03, 2010
ndu_chucks:

For one thing, we know that the US sent emmissaries to Minna, when high level officials visited Nigeria. That to me is a show of some sort of support. It has also been reported that the US and UK are conducting surveys on behalf of IBB.

Where has this been reported?
Can you provide links?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by tolu001: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2010
I am not advocating anything but just stating the facts as I see it

then u must be mentally blind

May the blood of moshood abiola and all those that died for the hope 1993 dream hack this useless man to death.

AMEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari / Policemen On Trial For Cold-blooded Murder Of Boko Haram Leaders / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.