Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,563 members, 7,951,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 (5549 Views)

GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Chatham House Apperance For Buhari Restricted To Twitter Session - GuardianNews / Atiku Makes The First Public Appearance At Buhari’s Campaign Rally (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by oderemo(m): 10:45am On Apr 03, 2010
What we should pray for is for him not to contest, that is 150 million Nigerians should embark on a prayer feast, after all 13 months is still a long way. A prayer pursued with vigour and gust now would definitely come to fruition in the weeks, months and year to come.
you guys can pray till kingdom come ,as for me the need for a well oiled AK47 and brand spanking binoculars is topmost on my agenda.
i cringe each time i watch that guy speak on telly, he is like an overfed cobra all the time waiting to attack.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by skyone(m): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2010
OGD IS A PROLIFIC DEMON FOR INVITING IBB TO HIS DEMONIC CRIMEDAY PARTY.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by nduchucks: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
rareman:

but Ndu_chuks has not said he liked this man, he was just analyzing the realities on ground which to me by fact he is not far from the truth. only God will help naija

rareman, you are rare indeed.  The truth is bitter.

27:

Where has this been reported?
Can you provide links?

OK, here is a link    http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/index.php/Breaking-News/2011-presidency-britain-us-conduct-surveys-on-ibb.html

KnowAll:

N'du chuks have said what we all dread to hear, IBB will win the 2011 election next year if he is allowed to run. Unfortunately the internet antogonist constitute only about 3% of the Nigerian populace, the majority of Nigerians being that we have a very high illetracy levels will vote for this inglorius and insatiable rogue.

It would be a hard sell, selling the idea of IBB as President to SW after the Abiola Imbroglio, obviously for highly and a political dinosour like IBB to come to lowly Gbenga Daniel's birthday speaks volume. It is clear the role people like GD, Akala, and the Oshun man would play in the forth coming elections, these men would be the Regimental Seargeant Major (RSM ) for the IBB campaign, they would not only make a killing in terms of funds required by inflating the pivotal role they will play in installing massers IBB as the King of Aso rock, they would also have assumed that sacred post of Oyo-mesi or King makers as with the old Oyo empire.

It would take an opposition of magnanimous profile to counter what will surely be a landslide even in the dreaded backyard of M.K.O. Abiola, I am not happy at this prospect, but being a realist, It would be dishonourable to ignore a trend that has bedevilled our democracy since 1999.

What we should pray for is for him not to contest, that is 150 million Nigerians should embark on a prayer feast, after all 13 months is still a long way. A prayer pursued with vigour and gust now would definately come to fruition in the weeks, months and year to come.

So lets get started. 

You have eloquently stated what I've been attempting to tell these people. Most of them are in denial and they let their emotions becloud their objectivity.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Saheed2020: 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2010
WE ARE BETTER RULEDC BY CABALS AND MILITARY THAN IBB

WITH HIS STONE HEART HE ANOLED THE JUNE 12 ELECTION
cry cry cry
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by citizenY(m): 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2010
The fractious opposition created by OBJ/PDP by registering over 50 political parties
will deliver the ticket to IBB if and when he gets a ticket to run.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by motexcee: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2010
I HOPE THAT IBB WILL RUN FOR THE PRESIDENCY, I WILL LOVE THAT VERY MUCH,

I WILL EVEN LOVE IT MORE IF HE EVEN WIN THE ELECTION AS PRESIDENT, YESSSSSSSSS,

BUT TRUELY WHAT I WILL LOVE MOST IS THAT THE ELECTION BE ANNUL, THEN WILL I BE CONTENTED THAT HE WILL NEVER BECOME NIGERIA PRESIDENT AGAIN SO THAT HE CAN BE PAID BACK IN HIS OWN WAYS. " LET THE EVIL HE HAS DONE LIVE WITH HIM FOR EVER AND EVER."

THE EVIL GENIUS SHOULD PLEASE STOP HIS MARADONA APPROACH TO NIGERIAN POLITICAL SYSTEM•
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by chopmonee: 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2010
Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by ayettymama(f): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
the solution is soo simple

if he indeed did commit any crimes against the country

they should be listed

and the country as a whole should prosecute him for it

if they can do it to a good man like fashola

i dont see how they cant do it to a rogue like ibb?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by jaguarB: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
IBB is my man anyday anytime.He understands Nigeria problems better than the idiots we have on the political scene now. Should he come out to contest for presidency under any political party even under PDP in 2011, I as a person would campaign 4 him and vote 4 him
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by SuperT(m): 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2010
Quote from: ndu_chucks on Yesterday at 01:10:59 PM

While IBB is "hated" by most "educated" internet warriors, the truth of the matter is that, the man enjoys the support of a majority of the electorate (the voting public). He is revered by voters from the North to the East, West to the South and is one of the few Nigerians who can win a free and fair election in a landslide victory.

Like him or hate him, IBB is uniquely qualified to take Nigeria to the "promised lands". His ability to put the millitary and the "cabal under control is a big plus.

IBB is saying the right things at the moment including, stating that fiscal federalism, state police and indeed a national conference are needed in nigeria. He even enjoys the support of the USA and EU.

I believe if IBB decides to run for office in 2011, he may very well win, despite criticisms by internet warriors.

So he can come trowing us again into confusion as he did in 1983?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by eldee(m): 2:28am On Apr 04, 2010
‘’When he invited me for this occasion, I promised him that I will be here. My coming to Abeokuta is indeed homecoming, having been here 44 years ago. There is an established romance between me and OGD.
‘’I saw in him somebody that Adeniyi described as somebody that sees far beyond the present and I am glad I am proud of him.”
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by harakiri(m): 3:44am On Apr 04, 2010
We can ridicule and debase this man all we want but the truth is, he wouldn't be there if people like you and me didn't support him.He is a human just like any of us.Everybody for dis country na thief!

End of.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by solokay(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2010
God forbid. This guy will never rule that country again. Babangida is the father of corruption in nigeria. It was under babangidas administration that being corrupt becomes a thing of pride in nigeria.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2010
@harakiri, speak for yourself  angry  You probably one of those criminals benefiting from corruption and the suffering of the people.

Your day of judgement would come soon.

harakiri:

We can ridicule and debase this man all we want but the truth is, he wouldn't be there if people like you and me didn't support him.He is a human just like any of us.Everybody for dis country na thief!

End of.

]
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by SuperT(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
If Ibb loves himself, is better to stayed in Niger state and should not bother to contest for any post
again after the death of his wife. If Abiola continued with his business then after the death of his
wife may be he Will still be alive today.
Don't kill yourself.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by redsun(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2010
The day IBB will win an election in nigeria will certify that nigeria is really a nation of idiots,run by gangsters.Ibb is not jail today because at this point in time,nigeria is a failed state,by the time things start rolling normally in nigeria,he and his cohorts will be brought to book.

For those taking udu-chucks seriously,i have an inkling he might be nduka obeigbena(thisday)a known paid propangangist for IBB.

IBB has alot of so called prominent nigerian media owners in his bloody payroll,most of them started off their businesses with the blood and stolen money they got from IBB.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by deb(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2010
While IBB is "hated" by most "educated" internet warriors, the truth of the matter is that, the man enjoys the support of a majority of the electorate (the voting public). He is revered by voters from the North to the East, West to the South and is one of the few Nigerians who can win a free and fair election in a landslide victory.

Like him or hate him, IBB is uniquely qualified to take Nigeria to the "promised lands". His ability to put the millitary and the "cabal under control is a big plus.

IBB is saying the right things at the moment including, stating that fiscal federalism, state police and indeed a national conference are needed in nigeria. He even enjoys the support of the USA and EU.

I believe if IBB decides to run for office in 2011, he may very well win, despite criticisms by internet warriors.

When were you born? Your opinion is disgraceful because you are talking about a man who single handedly destroyed Nigeria to the almost
unrepearable state that it is now. Anulled the only freest and fairest election, dollar to naira turned upside down during his time, he masterminded the high level of shamless corruption that has now become a culture in the nigerian polity, he stole so much that he was even richer than so many countries in the world not to talk of his various killing of innocent people. That is somebody that should be cooling off in jail if not allowed to face firing squad. f[i]c[/i]uk both of you
of shameless
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by deb(m): 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2010

End of.

point of correction, you should speak for yourself if you are a confirmed thief.
I am not

End of. lipsrsealed
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Echidime(m): 12:02am On Apr 05, 2010
IBB Is the best candidate, every nigerian will be rich through corruption grin grin grin grin grin grin come 2011
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by deb(m): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2010
Echidime:

IBB Is the best candidate, every nigerian will be rich through corruption grin grin grin grin grin grin come 2011

You are decieving yourself if you think that is the way to get rich.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by ogajim(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
redsun:

The day IBB will win an election in nigeria will certify that nigeria is really a nation of idiots,run by gangsters.Ibb is not jail today because at this point in time,nigeria is a failed state,by the time things start rolling normally in nigeria,he and his cohorts will be brought to book.

For those taking udu-chucks seriously,i have an inkling he might be nduka obeigbena(thisday)a known paid propangangist for IBB.

IBB has alot of so called prominent nigerian media owners in his bloody payroll,most of them started off their businesses with the blood and stolen money they got from IBB.

I remember that guy from his attempt to compete with Newswatch in those days by launching a Magazine that didn't stay long in the news stands, thank God I was gone before he morphed into this current "duties", goes on to show money is not everything, seriously though, the guy does need to lose weight (lots) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by nex(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ndu_chuks

In 2002, my services were employed to gather data and demography information on the view of people concerning IBB for President 2003. The data and information for about 20,000 sampled individuals I personally interviewed and collated is still in my mailbox today. Less than 2% wanted to see IBB in government again and all of that 2% wanted him for reasons of promoting corruption which would benefit their pockets.

IBB is only embarking on this now because the only person in this life that maintains his sanity, Maryam, is dead.

Recently, there was a closed door meeting between himself and a group representing the government of the USA, including their ambassador. It is becoming obvious that they really discussed at length.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by alldone(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2010
he should forget it.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by asunaobi(m): 11:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
IBB again?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by akmyers: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
ibb should give all his wealth to the poor before he says any thing in public!
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by SuperT(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2010
Quote from: redsun on April 04, 2010, 05:01 PM

Nigeria is not a nation of idiots,run by gangsters. Is just that theywill not count the vote of the people.
They will only give us what they want not want the people want. They will imposed Him on us. Only God can deliver us.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by haronky7: 12:40am On Apr 07, 2010
IBB gave a lecture sad sad? As much as I respect the man as one of our leaders, it still seems Nigerians have lost all sense of decency.

In my humble opinion, what I think he should be giving is a detailed account of how it seemed corruption was legalised during his regime, how there was unprecedented brain drain in Nigeria, and how dignified people who held on to their sound principle were smeared; and again how many students got extra years in University because of recurrent closures due to harmless student demonstrations. This was a man that refused to show up in a lagos High Court, asking the courts to come to Abuja; a common man would be arrested for contempt of law if he tried that. If he lived as if above the law when in and out of power, how can he preach Federalism to us. During his time there was a global downgrading of Nigerian education and degrees abroad. All these look very distant from true Federalism to me. And not to mention some people's 'disappearances'.

I know he is stinkingly rich and comfortable in his Minna mansion, but he should be telling us in details how he got the money and how much tax he paid to the coffers. Even if President Obama runs fowl of ordinary tax in America where true Federalism is practiced, he will be outrightly quizzed or even jailed. What amazes me is his apparent contentment with the state of things with the 50year old Nigeria! Nigeria at 50 still looks very cachectic and unhealthy, almost a laughing stock to the international community, and only holding up by people's prayers. Where is the vision for this country?

Why is it that Nigerians cant hold their leaders accountable but often prefer to stoop low and be hero worshippers? That is why this country remains as it is. If we want lectures on near-perfect true Federalism, in my opinion, I think we should ask for the American politicians to come give us lectures. And for how many years was he in power that he couldn't use the advantage of Military machinery to implement true Federalism, which entails the right of the Niger deltans over their God-given resources? Now before you say anything, I am not from Niger Delta. As a child, I remembered we had groundnut pyramids, and were leading producers of cotton, rubber, cocoa, palm kernel, to name a few but what has happened for the worse for Nigeria is that every politician and leader is bent on stuffing to overflowing their Babariga's pocket with this oil money. Wait till the oil dries up!

If anything, IBB is on to something, possibly a comeback to limelight directly or indirectly through a stouge. I can bet my breakfast on this. I know there are hero worshippers and sycophants out there who will beg to differ, and all I will say is that God will deliver Nigeria out of the hands of usurpers, and that Nigeria one day will cease to be a shameful waster of brains and resources, and cease to be a place where dignity, honesty and hardwork is disregarded.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by asunaobi(m): 3:45am On Apr 07, 2010
haronky7:

IBB gave a lecture sad sad? As much as I respect the man as one of our leaders, it still seems Nigerians have lost all sense of decency.

In my humble opinion, what I think he should be giving is a detailed account of how it seemed corruption was legalised during his regime, how there was unprecedented brain drain in Nigeria, and how dignified people who held on to their sound principle were smeared; and again how many students got extra years in University because of recurrent closures due to harmless student demonstrations. This was a man that refused to show up in a lagos High Court, asking the courts to come to Abuja; a common man would be arrested for contempt of law if he tried that. If he lived as if above the law when in and out of power, how can he preach Federalism to us. During his time there was a global downgrading of Nigerian education and degrees abroad. All these look very distant from true Federalism to me. And not to mention some people's 'disappearances'.

I know he is stinkingly rich and comfortable in his Minna mansion, but he should be telling us in details how he got the money and how much tax he paid to the coffers. Even if President Obama runs fowl of ordinary tax in America where true Federalism is practiced, he will be outrightly quizzed or even jailed. What amazes me is his apparent contentment with the state of things with the 50year old Nigeria! Nigeria at 50 still looks very cachectic and unhealthy, almost a laughing stock to the international community, and only holding up by people's prayers. Where is the vision for this country?

Why is it that Nigerians cant hold their leaders accountable but often prefer to stoop low and be hero worshippers? That is why this country remains as it is. If we want lectures on near-perfect true Federalism, in my opinion, I think we should ask for the American politicians to come give us lectures. And for how many years was he in power that he couldn't use the advantage of Military machinery to implement true Federalism, which entails the right of the Niger deltans over their God-given resources? Now before you say anything, I am not from Niger Delta. As a child, I remembered we had groundnut pyramids, and were leading producers of cotton, rubber, cocoa, palm kernel, to name a few but what has happened for the worse for Nigeria is that every politician and leader is bent on stuffing to overflowing their Babariga's pocket with this oil money. Wait till the oil dries up!

If anything, IBB is on to something, possibly a comeback to limelight directly or indirectly through a stouge. I can bet my breakfast on this. I know there are hero worshippers and sycophants out there who will beg to differ, and all I will say is that God will deliver Nigeria out of the hands of usurpers, and that Nigeria one day will cease to be a shameful waster of brains and resources, and cease to be a place where dignity, honesty and hardwork is disregarded.

This is exactly what I respect in people. You are just in a very high class of reasoning and decency. My whole body was covered with goose pimples as I read through your post. Good post, good thinking, good foresight.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by chike123(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2010
TOO unfu WHY IS THAT NIGERIANS EASILY FROGET. IBB IS DAV IL SENT TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY.
HE OFFICIALLY GAVE LICENSE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY TO OPERATE 419 Business.I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HARK HIM TO DEATH,HOW CAN SOME A GOOD MAN ANSWER EVIL GENIUS AS NICK NAME.WHITE unfu
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by metalgong5(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
IBB will surely win the presidential elections in 2011 if he decides to contest. Infact, he is the best amomgst all the names that are flying around as potential presidential candidtates in 2011.
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
@metal-gong,
How much is IBB paying you to write your nonsense on this forum?
Re: Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 by princeada: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
Public appearance or not he is a terrorist behind Jos crises. There is no sense of UNITY of nigeria in him. He has joined his muslem brothers to deal with JOS in the name of Muslem .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati / Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun / Obanikoro Insults Tinubu - Says His Teeth Is More Yellow Than A Sunflower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.