Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2127586 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ok bro,
So hw far about the second terminal and cargo?

Ceegar01:
@hammer3 That picture you have there was designed by the Chinese consortium that signed mou with Anambra state government in 2017 they intend to construct it with their money but they didn't keep up with the agreement Obiano had to redesign the project and construct it with Anambra state fund

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
THIS IS A BUS STATION IN LAGOS.

BUS Oooo..

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
hammer3:

U WOULD SAY DAT, WOULDNT U.

I MEAN NDI ENUGU IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE ANAMBRA AIRPORT HAVE BEEN GIVING HEADACHE, ALONGSIDE NDI RIVERS AND LAGOS/ABUJA.

U KNOW AN IMPOSING BUILDING WILL MEAN A DROP IN TRAFFIC FOR U ALL.

SUCH EDIFICE IS LIKE A TOURIST ATTRACTION.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or deliberately mischievous because i know you are smarter than what you wrote here.

You know building the specification of runway and taxiway is truly very expensive and you know without a proper runway of international thickness and lenght, also must be cat 2 airports compliant with ILS, airfield lighting and all, thst airport will Never attract British airlines, Lufthansa or even China airlines.

Without a proper runway to guarantee safety of these jumbo planes day or night, you know it could never function beyond a mere domestic airport. Spending all the funds in a fancy terminal building while neglecting the runway specification is totally building a useless fancy building in the middle of no where without proper facilities to help planes land and takeoff safely. If that doesn't happen , the biggest terminal building in the world is useless because no airlines will ever operate from there and you know it. Therefore they are right in getting the runway right first, then they can build the biggest terminal building in Africa later when the airport is fully functional.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
WE NEED TO DO THINGS TO GIVE OUR PEOPLE A SENSE OF PRIDE.

SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE ONE IN LAGOS, THINK AND BEHAVE LIKE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO PLACE OF THEIR OWN OR OPPRESSED.

THE SO CALLED LEADERS IN IGBO LAND ARE THE NUMBER ONE PEOPLE TO BLAME FOR THIS LOW SELF ESTEEM.

I KNOW U ALL KNOW JOE IGBOKWE, UR BROTHER.

WELL I RECENTLY LEARNT THAT THE AVERAGE IGBO PERSON IIN LAGOS REASON LIKE JOE.

AND U PEOPLE ARE DOING NOTHING TO ELEVATE THEIR DECLINING MINDSET AND SENSE OF SELF WORTH.

WEN THEY LOOK AT THE EAST, THEY SEE NOTHING THERE.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Update as at 2-weeks ago, the Tower building of Anambra international airport. The Tower is of international best practices- It is being cast all through

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Very massive

ANSMEDIA:
Update of the Tower building of Anambra international airport

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
hammer3:
PEOPLE FROM THOSE LOCATION ARE USED TO A CERTAIN STANDARD. I.E. USA AND UK

U REPLICATE IT, THEY WILL CERTAINLY BE COMING YOUR WAY.

U WILL SEE SOMEONE FROM ENUGU FLY TO ANAMBRA BEFORE GOING TO ENUGU, VIA ROAD.

HE WILL SAY AFTERALL FROM ENUGU AIRPORT, I WILL STILL NEED A CAR TO GET TO MY HOUSE.

If you live in the USA, you will know that no single airport in Nigeria (Lagos or Abuja) meets the minimum standard of even train stations in USA.

Therefore, if we considered standard before coming to Nigeria, then we would NEVER come home because none is up to standard.

I agree that safety and operationability is the keyword here. The airport should have the required length od runway and electronic instrument landing system before Obiano leaves office. Once the airport is generating its own income, even if the next governor decides not to fund it, it will gradually fund itself to complete the taxiways, airfield lighting and terminal building.

Obiano's primary job now is to make sure the airport becoame operational before he leaves office to ensure it can begin to fund it's own development. Albeit slowly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
What gives me joy in all this is that there are enough land for future expansion,.
Even if they want to build another 2 parralel runway, 10 giants terminals, maintenance facilities, airline hubs. The space are there.

So We Move

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
hammer3:
WE NEED TO DO THINGS TO GIVE OUR PEOPLE A SENSE OF PRIDE.

SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE ONE IN LAGOS, THINK AND BEHAVE LIKE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO PLACE OF THEIR OWN OR OPPRESSED.

THE SO CALLED LEADERS IN IGBO LAND ARE THE NUMBER ONE PEOPLE TO BLAME FOR THIS LOW SELF ESTEEM.

I KNOW U ALL KNOW JOE IGBOKWE, UR BROTHER.

WELL I RECENTLY LEARNT THAT THE AVERAGE IGBO PERSON IIN LAGOS REASON LIKE JOE.

AND U PEOPLE ARE DOING NOTHING TO ELEVATE THEIR DECLINING MINDSET AND SENSE OF SELF WORTH.

WEN THEY LOOK AT THE EAST, THEY SEE NOTHING THERE.

You say all these things as if you have a bitter hidden agenda. The question is WHERE IS THE MONEY??

Every African knows that we simply lack the funds to build projects that will be at par with what the developed world does. Therefore, we always insist on the basics. Even elementary schools in America have more infrastructure than the best universities in Nigeria. County (LGA) hospitals here are better than our so called best teaching hospitals. you know this.

Therefore, what we are asking is to concentrate on the basics and make them work. Those of you in the habit of posting the tallest buildings in the world here and say that is the apartment building that Igbos must build in Onitsha simply exposes you defective thought process. If we had that amount of resources, Nigeria will not be the poverty capital of the world

Heathrow's 3rd runway alone costs $18 Billion Dollars. That is bigger than the total cost of Abuja, Lagos, Kano, PH and Enugu airports COMBINED! Have we aimed at building that type of runway in Abuja? No! Why, because Nigeria cannot afford such projects. But, it does not mean we cannot build basic runways in Abuja and Lagos. For those of you that think Lagos or Abuja are up to standard of first world countries.

Source Here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/heathrow-will-become-worlds-largest-airport-after-third-runway-approval/#:~:text=The%20construction%20will%20cost%20around,freeway%20%E2%80%94%20the%20city's%20busiest%20road.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

The airport should have the required length od runway and electronic instrument landing system before Obiano leaves office. Once the airport is generating its own income, even if the next governor decides not to fund it, it will gradually fund itself to complete the taxiways, airfield lighting and terminal building.

Obiano's primary job now is to make sure the airport becoame operational before he leaves office to ensure it can begin to fund it's own development. Albeit slowly.

I couldn't have said it any better than this.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Update as at 2-weeks ago, the Tower building of Anambra international airport. The Tower is of international best practices- It is being cast all through

Fantastic!!!

Towers above 8 levels are also good for installing other navigational equipment and radars. I'm sure that is why they planned to make the tower so tall and totally cast as solid concrete.

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
What gives me joy in all this is that there are enough land for future expansion,.
Even if they want to build another 2 parralel runway, 10 giants terminals, maintenance facilities, airline hubs. The space are there.

So We Move

GBAM!

As long as they reserve space for future expansion, they don't need to build everything in one day.

Imagine that Heathrow airport that has been functioning since 1920s is till being developed till date. Our people should jettison the mindset of building Rome in one day. it is not feasible even in the rich advanced countries because there is NO MONEY to build everything in one day.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Problemkid1: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
ejanla077:

Taa gbafuoo..

Agui choo imeru gi ahu...

Be humble you are just a poor beggar
Sharaaaap! Before I konk that your flat head for you idiat cheesy Na your family be poor beggar. Foolish fool cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Problemkid1: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Niccoloimhotep:
your bastardd father and his harlot wife are the ones you're referring to. It wont be well with you and your league of bastardd friends clicking like on your useless comment. Useless bastardd
You don finish that jobless poor useless cursed bastard called Chino oooh grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

You say all these things as if you have a bitter hidden agenda. The question is WHERE IS THE MONEY??

Every African knows that we simply lack the funds to build projects that will be at par with what the developed world does. Therefore, we always insist on the basics. Even elementary schools in America have more infrastructure than the best universities in Nigeria. County (LGA) hospitals here are better than our so called best teaching hospitals. you know this.

Therefore, what we are asking is to concentrate on the basics and make them work. Those of you in the habit of posting the tallest buildings in the world here and say that is the apartment building that Igbos must build in Onitsha simply exposes you defective thought process. If we had that amount of resources, Nigeria will not be the poverty capital of the world

Heathrow's 3rd runway alone costs $18 Billion Dollars. That is bigger than the total cost of Abuja, Lagos, Kano, PH and Enugu airports COMBINED! Have we aimed at building that type of runway in Abuja? No! Why, because Nigeria cannot afford such projects. But, it does not mean we cannot build basic runways in Abuja and Lagos. For those of you that think Lagos or Abuja are up to standard of first world countries.

Source Here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/heathrow-will-become-worlds-largest-airport-after-third-runway-approval/#:~:text=The%20construction%20will%20cost%20around,freeway%20%E2%80%94%20the%20city's%20busiest%20road.

RATHER THAN CHANGING THE DESIGN, OBIANO CAN BUILD JUST ONE OF THE TERMINAL.

THE ONE NEAR THE CONTROL TOWER AND MAKE A 50 YEAR PLAN TO COMPLETE THE AIRPORT GRADUALLY, FOR OUR CHILDREN.

Y COMPLETELY CHANGE THE PLAN, TO BUILD AND DEMOLISH AND REBUILD?

JUST LIKE DEY DID IN ENUGU.

NOBODY EXPECTED HIM TO BUILD ALL THIS IN ONE YEAR.

WE MUST LEARN TO BE TRUE TO OURSELF AND DO THINGS PROPERLY, IF NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT OUR CHILDREN SAKE.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Problemkid1: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
oneeast3:
[s] Your father is a bastard, your mother is a bastard. All your siblings are bastards. It won't be well with your bastard family more especially you. Useless frustrated bastard son of bastard. [/s]

[s][/s]
Sharaaaap!! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Problemkid1: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Tonybankzz:

You don return after we chased you into forest. Ok prepare, another thread dey drop. cheesy
Sharaaaap!! grin typical Mumu cheesy cheesy When I told you're jobless and useless you though i was joking grin grin you think I have time for you. When I dey busy dey make my money, you dey here dey useless your miserable life for Nairaland. Cursed bastard grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by obaaderemi: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Very massive
Indeed.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
BLACK MAN BUILD THINGS LIKE HE HAS NO CHILDREN.

WE CAN MANAGE BUT LET US MAKE PLAN AND BUILD IN OUR LIFETIME SOMETHING OUR CHILDREN CAN BE PROUD TO USE ANYTIME.

LET US HAVE LONG TERM TARGET THAT GOES BEYOND OUR OWN LIFETIME.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
hammer3:
THE ONLY THING THAT WILL ATTRACT PEOPLE TO UMU ERI IS A WELL DESIGNED WORLD CLASS AIRPORT.

IT WILL BE LIKE A MAIN ATTRACTION, ELSE, RIVERS STATE WILL PREVAIL.

WEN PEOPLE OR TOURIST GO TO A PLACE, THEIR IS A MAIN ATTRACTION.

NO POINT BUILDING ANOTHER SUB STANDARD AIRPORT, WE ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF THEM.

The Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri will be bearing the governor's name, so expect nothing but the best.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1329) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.