Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2135669 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
FreeIgbos:
One raving lunatic has taken over this thread. He keeps ranting from morning to night, day in day out.

Sane people now find it difficult coming to view this thread because of madness going on here.

Please don't come.

Remain in your own thread. Don't come unless you can view and leave without commenting.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Go and create your own thread. It doesn't cost a dime to create a thread on nairaland. It mustn't be in this thread that you must be commenting. Open your own thread.

[s]
Mathoj:

OU ARE RIGHT BRO., This ONE PERSON with SEVERAL NAMES have refused us to know the good thing happening in our Anambra State.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
GBAMEST

cjrane:

GBAM!
Truly, Obiano has done what Napoleon could not. I don't even know where he got the money to execute this project!
My state is oil-rich, yet it took us more than 12 years to build a standard airport with a smaller apron and shorter tower, and shorter runway!

As you mentioned, he surprised many (including me) by departing from the usual low-quality projects we have come to associate with southeast state governments. I was also pleasantly surprised that he went for a CAT 9 fire station, ILS systems, and CAT II navigational systems. Anambra is lucky to have someone who is determined to give them a standard facility. I think they should name the airport after him just to say Thank You for giving the state such a wonderful high quality aviation facility.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Those who are close to the Governor should tell him to build a 4-5 star hotel within the Awka International Conference center (ICC) compound. The space at the right side of the compound can fit a hotel the size of Agulu Lake hotel which measures about 90 feet by 280 feet.

They can even go into partnership with a private establishment to build the right type and quality of hotel needed in that compound. The remaining land for the garden and car park will still be more than enough for the facility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIz03gIMnE&t=427s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYcqPqJaW4

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
According to obiano the Awka ICC is designed to have a 5star hotel that will look like transcorp Hilton Abuja. But it's a PPP project, maybe they are still looking for investor.

OreMI22:
Those who are close to the Governor should tell him to build a 4-5 star hotel within the Awka International Conference center (ICC) compound. The space at the right side of the compound can fit a hotel the size of Agulu Lake hotel which measures about 90 feet by 280 feet.

They can even go into partnership with a private establishment to build the right type and quality of hotel needed in that compound. The remaining land for the garden and car park will still be more than enough for the facility.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAIaegbu: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
cjrane:

Why ask for the last 6 months as if he had been in power for just 6 months?
Are you the only person in Nigeria that does not know that Obiano has been in power for about 7 years now?

I still don't understand this question. Does every governor in Nigeria commission a project every 6 months? So if Obiano does not build and commission a new project every 6 months, then he has not performed? Or is this just for some type of mischief?
I don't get this question.

Keep defending mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Very correct

cjrane:

Why ask for the last 6 months as if he had been in power for just 6 months?
Are you the only person in Nigeria that does not know that Obiano has been in power for about 7 years now?

I still don't understand this question. Does every governor in Nigeria commission a project every 6 months? So if Obiano does not build and commission a new project every 6 months, then he has not performed? Or is this just for some type of mischief?
I don't get this question.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Very aptly stated

OreMI22:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
OreMI22:

I totally agree with you that it makes absolute sense to build the 4 or 5 star hotel within the same space. Moreover we can still get a car park of up to 400 to 500 cars there. Which is very decent number car park compared to Abuja ICC and others.

The fact that the Awka ICC can accommodate 10,000 people does not mean they will all come in their own personal cars. It is like a stadium with 50,000 sitting capacity does not need an endless amount of space for 20,000 cars. The stadium may never be filled to its sitting capacity and even when such major events happen, there are always buses to convey delegates.

Additionally, a functional hotel within the compound will help guarantee maintenance of the environment all the time. Unlike if the place is only accessed once in a while to clean it up and prepare it for a major event.

I also heard that a restaurant is planned for the building. Which means if the place isn't maintained in a topnotch and pristine way, the restaurant will lack the type of high end clientele to stay open profitably.

All in all, the government planners should think broadly on how to maintain the place to run profitability even when it's not holding a major international conference every week. Which is highly unlikely to happen. The genius is how to put other facilities in the place to ensure that it's always open for business and does not constitute a financial drain on the state to pay for cleaning and landscapers when its it's not holding a major conference. A private sector 4 or 5 star hotel within the vast compound is a smart way to mitigate all these risks of building a white elephant project that ends up being a drain on the state government rather than a self sustaining income generator.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Passengers complaining about the poor management at Asaba airport. Too bad. All these are caused by lack of competition... Let's see how it goes when Anambra airport will take off. I urge Anambra state government to careful manage the airport including maintenance... At least with the way Asaba Airport is going, the future is bright for Anambra airport.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ezewuzie01: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Passengers complaining about the poor management at Asaba airport. Too bad. All these are caused by lack of competition... Let's see how it goes when Anambra airport will take off. I urge Anambra state government to careful manage the airport including maintenance... At least with the way Asaba Airport is going, the future is bright for Anambra airport.
The best thing to do upon completion is to hand the airport to a consortium of reputable anambra indigenes who are players in the aviation and transport sectors to manage it. People like Allen Onyema, Obijackson, GUO etc.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

I totally agree with you that it makes absolute sense to build the 4 or 5 star hotel within the same space. Moreover we can still get a car park of up to 400 to 500 cars there. Which is very decent number car park compared to Abuja ICC and others.

The fact that the Awka ICC can accommodate 10,000 people does not mean they will all come in their own personal cars. It is like a stadium with 50,000 sitting capacity does not need an endless amount of space for 20,000 cars. The stadium may never be filled to its sitting capacity and even when such major events happen, there are always buses to convey delegates.

Additionally, a functional hotel within the compound will help guarantee maintenance of the environment all the time. Unlike if the place is only accessed once in a while to clean it up and prepare it for a major event.

I also heard that a restaurant is planned for the building. Which means if the place isn't maintained in a topnotch and pristine way, the restaurant will lack the type of high end clientele to stay open profitably.

All in all, the government planners should think broadly on how to maintain the place to run profitability even when it's not holding a major international conference every week. Which is highly unlikely to happen. The genius is how to put other facilities in the place to ensure that it's always open for business and does not constitute a financial drain on the state to pay for cleaning and landscapers when its it's not holding a major conference. A private sector 4 or 5 star hotel within the vast compound is a smart way to mitigate all these risks of building a white elephant project that ends up being a drain on the state government rather than a self sustaining income generator.

How many hotels are they going to build? They should focus on ensuring that the road from the Ring Road through Nibo and Nise to Agulu Lake hotel is dualized and lit up. Its a 15-20 minute drive at best.

What they could use that space for is a something like Freedom Park in Lagos, landscaped grounds with a stage for outdoor performance or events. Attach a bush bar for relaxation.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nwanne you are very intelligent. Keep it up

ChimaAdeoye:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
FreeIgbos:
One raving lunatic has taken over this thread. He keeps ranting from morning to night, day in day out.

Sane people now find it difficult coming to view this thread because of madness going on here.

Everyone knows who the raving lunatic is na...the online tout with 50k monikers he uses to reply and like his posts...the only mountain dullard with a self esteem as low as 0.0001 grin

No other person than Imaxdocuments aka Gitmo and other nonsense monikers grin
He’s d only online he-goat defender that uses insults to reply critics. An uncouth pig at that grin

The originator of “Soludo and his wife WAS here”

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

You’re quite intelligent
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
Cry cry..why are you still crying, illiterate that doesn't even know how to spell "shut" cheesy

Everyone knows you are a cursed frustrated mad dog but unfortunately for you, I know your antidote, that's why you kept crying

You parade over 100 monikers in this forum, some you use in liking your incoherent disjointed posts.

Bossjamal, your state is in ruins while your are here crying. Na me fit you wella cheesy

Bossjamal, only a fool like you with inferiority complex would leave his state simply because it is backward, and jumped and fixate on another state because of envy, frustration and bitterness. I spit on your big bald head cool

[s]
BossJamal:

Everyone knows who the raving lunatic is na...the online tout with 50k monikers he uses to reply and like his posts...the only mountain dullard with a self esteem as low as 0.0001 ;No other person than Imaxdocuments aka Gitmo and other nonsensemonikers He’s d only online he-goat defender that uses insults to reply critics. An uncouth pig at that The originator of “Soludo and his wife WAS here”
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
You’re intelligent too. Keep it up
mktinsight:

How many hotels are they going to build? They should focus on ensuring that the road from the Ring Road through Nibo and Nise to Agulu Lake hotel is dualized and lit up. Its a 15-20 minute drive at best.

What they could use that space for is a something like Freedom Park in Lagos, landscaped grounds with a stage for outdoor performance or events. Attach a bush bar for relaxation.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
This is an intelligent suggestion keep it up
Ezewuzie01:
The best thing to do upon completion is to hand the airport to a consortium of reputable anambra indigenes who are players in the aviation and transport sectors to manage it. People like Allen Onyema, Obijackson, GUO etc.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
GitmoAuditors:
Cry cry..why are you still crying, illiterate that doesn't even know how to spell "shut" cheesy

Everyone knows you are a cursed frustrated mad dog but unfortunately for you, I know your antidote, that's why you kept crying

You parade over 100 monikers in this forum, some you use in liking your incoherent disjointed posts.

Bossjamal, your state is in ruins while your are here crying. Na me fit you wella cheesy

Bossjamal, only a fool like you with inferiority complex would leave his state simply because it is backward, and jumped and fixate on another state because of envy, frustration and bitterness. I spit on your big bald head cool

[s][/s]

Bossjamal is not just an illiterate but he is mentally unstable. Check all his posts, very disorganized.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nedu05:

Bossjamal is not just an illiterate but he is mentally unstable. Check all his posts, very disorganized.

Chei..you are very correct cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
GitmoAuditors:

Chei..you are very correct cheesy

It is not that I wanna insult the clown, but truth be told, bossjamal has a mental challenge that requires medical attention..

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Intelligent view
Chikeluba25:
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
GitmoAuditors:

Ewoooooooooo cheesy cheesy

What da fuc.k. you are totally correct brother. I have been saying the same thing here all along

The owner of this thread must adhere to mental assessment before one is registered in this forum, this is because of mentally deranged people like bossjamal..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
This boy you’re not intelligent
Juliusmalema:

Please don't come.

Remain in your own thread. Don't come unless you can view and leave without commenting.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nedu05:

You mean that mentally deranged clown is not even from Anambra?

WTF!

No no no. He is not from Anambra, he is from one backward jungle state. He is a bitter frustrated fellow. This thread is the only thread he knows in this forum even though he is not from Anambra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1332) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.