Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything (67235 Views)

Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression / Ex Ivorian Football Star Emmanuel Eboue Is Dead / Emmanuel Eboue Tests Positive To HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Josiah202(m): 12:53am On Dec 25, 2017
lesson learnt
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by kachi19: 12:55am On Dec 25, 2017
Olulinks:

When I see Naija guys marrying whites this is what usually comes to mind.

Naaa that's not what comes to mind. It should be the women you should pity... This is the quick move to men with money, marriage is more like a business now. Is just this our African footballer who see money and forget their home training and start running after models who are natural gold diggers and they certainly can't control. And surely after the money... See what happened to Amokachi who went to Marry a Tunisian princess back then when he began touching cash... Just Kanu Nwankwor and Didier Drogba, and Frederic kanoute, Sulley Muntari are the Footballers who were already sharp and set before retirements... not looking for TV punting or coaching jobs, or some lucky endorsement or govt jobs to survive
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Emanodimo(m): 1:17am On Dec 25, 2017
solpat:
Fear women angry

They can either make or mar your life

It is not all about fear for a woman...
It is a matter that you don't get to be a stupid idiot...

He knows his mistakes, let others learn from him.

In regards to his case, he can reclaim his asset, if not in full... Maybe racism work against me
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by KenModi(m): 1:20am On Dec 25, 2017
kachi19:
See how a woman ruined. And only a devil will bring a man to nutt without a single string of pity even willing to take more of his sweat and make him suffer for what? At most infidelity... And Why TF is a woman allowed to take all from a man because they're "divorcing"?? In my life time i witnessed many high celebs who's been bankrupt by their wives who took marriage as wealth empowerment strategy, good business huh? Well i pray for eboue as a person. God help him indeed and raise him again

There are always two sides to a story. Learn to listen to both before judging.

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Emanodimo(m): 1:20am On Dec 25, 2017
It is not all about fear for a woman...
It is a matter that you don't get to be a stupid idiot...

He knows his mistakes, let others learn from him.

In regards to his case, he can reclaim his asset, if not in full... Maybe racism work against me
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by linearity: 1:22am On Dec 25, 2017
This story does not seem to pass the smell test.

I don't see how the court even in UK or US will ask him to surrender both houses in the divorce, the worst case scenarios, their assets will be divided into two halves, he goes with one and she parts with the other.

Some people who have acquired lots of wealth before marriage do a per-nuptial agreement just to avoid the 50-50 split. The only time a guy will be driven out of the house through divorce is if they own only one house and they have kids, even n situation like those, the value of the house will be assessed and the woman will be made to compensate the guy for his share in installments.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Viking007(m): 2:10am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:
Eboue's grace to grass story is very sad. It is even more pathetic when the source of his problem is a lady who once claimed to love him so much. This should serve as a good lesson to every man out there. It is not in our African culture for a man to work and make money and then give it to the woman to manage it. Don't ever entrust all your assets to a lady no matter how much love you proclaim for each other. The idea of a joint account or joint ownership is nonsense. Let there be a delineation. An African man is not expected to declare all his earnings and assets to his wife for a reason.

Our African male stars also have to stop this silly trend of marrying white women once they become rich and famous. Go back to your country and marry a girl from there. Don't ever marry under any stupid European or American law. Marry under the law of your country. If things go wrong, get elders from your respective places to intervene and when reconciliation is no longer possible, you can divorce quietly without her clearing you out. If you must marry under European or American law, fvcking sign a prenuptial agreement.

Ahmed Musa divorced his first wife without losing anything significant. He probably wouldn't have gotten away easily with the divorce if he had married a white British woman initially.
I shared a good part of this your post on whatsapp live status - it generated a lot of arguments, to the extent that a particular"feminist" local champion blocked me. cheesy
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by alterego17: 2:26am On Dec 25, 2017
saasala:
The story might be a hoax. Sometimes footballers need to feign being broke to avoid heavy tax or jail sentence for avoiding tax, especially when they are on the verge of retiring. Who wants to pay millions of pounds in tax to the Government when you will retire next year? The story of ex Liverpool star John Barnes comes to mind. Barnes played with everyone's head and got away with it. Eboue still plays football till date and he is not being owed a dime by Turkish club Ocağı Limasol. His 10 year old son recently signed for Arsenal, and yes, he got paid for it as the boy is very talented and was bought from another academy. Eboue brokered the deal.

Click the link on this post and watch the video and the photos attached, the wristwatch on his hand is Hublot and if you are a fan of wristwatches you should know that the machine on Eboue is nothing less than 12 thousand pounds. A broke man sleeping on the floor of a friend's apartment wearing a 12k pounds Hublot, think about it. I am no fool

Nuff said.

Ur point neva complete bro...dem tell u say eboue no fit afford hublot watch?...abi em sell all em baffz too ni?
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Laple0541(m): 2:44am On Dec 25, 2017
That is the mistakes some Africans are making, why investing all your wealth in whiteman's land? They always find means of taking such wealth back, I really pity the guy, after labouring for years! For the estranged wife and other women who love reaping from where they never sown, na God go punish all of unna.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Adefemiaderoju1: 3:38am On Dec 25, 2017
This is absolutely nonsense why won't women want divorce when they know that all the 98pc of the man property will automatically becomes her own
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by ogbonti: 3:40am On Dec 25, 2017
KevinDein:
The west are just crazy. Makes absolutely no sense to give all what a man worked all his life to his wife following a divorce. There is no logic in that.

[b]This is exactly what the feminists want. [/b]Superiority over men. A system that favors them in ramifications.

Why I dislike CHIMAMDA ADICHIE so much!
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by toutlemonde: 4:42am On Dec 25, 2017
Good news. . he has just been offered a job as assistant coach to Galatasaray U-14..hope he has learnt his lessons and apply them this time around..
Those who understand french/ Italian can confirm from the screen shots below

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by toutlemonde: 4:44am On Dec 25, 2017

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by madridguy(m): 4:54am On Dec 25, 2017
Noted.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Harrynight:
wanna read comments from our luvly ladies here cant see any.... hurry up ladies am waitin....

Meanwhile never allow ur woman to manage ur resources especially when ur an illitrate!
women are naturally gold diggers... am even doubting if Eboue actually fathered those 3kids

fear women than Satan!

why would they comment? they know deep in their hearts the pacts they signed with Lucifer to destroy men.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Alwaysking: 5:07am On Dec 25, 2017
Some women are evil that's why I chose not to marry.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by akinsammy(m): 5:45am On Dec 25, 2017
he won't suffer this , if he has been investing in his home country when the millions are rushing in.... lesson to other African millionaire abroad... #InvestInYourCountry too....

2 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by agrovick(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2017
Note to future self; sign a fxxking pre-nup
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Trunaijian: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2017
lesson:

white chicks mostly marry black african dudes for the money.

can you imagine that cute white girl marrying Eboue if he was washing dishes in a restaurant?

Black men need to be smart and marry smartly. be like mikel obi.

invest your money, forget marital paroles with white chicks. if she likes ur di.ck then give it to her without a ring. no be by force.

smart up!
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by golddust6000(m): 6:35am On Dec 25, 2017
gypsey:
yes! and it isn't i am an old man, these marriages lasted 4 and half years,
And there is no need to jump into conclusions i don't hate African women, i dated Ghanian, jamaican and nigerian women too grin i am not even 40 years old yet. so chill!!
you are not 40yet and you are in your third marriege, ogs na wetin you dry look for?
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by lalanice(f): 6:48am On Dec 25, 2017
Wow, I almost cried for him. I admire his courage to come out instead of harming himself.

People have seen this now and God will help you.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by lalanice(f): 6:53am On Dec 25, 2017
Adefemiaderoju1:
This is absolutely nonsense why won't women want divorce when they know that all the 98pc of the man property will automatically becomes her own
this is very wrong IMO...it makes people fake love now no rich person in such country can truly feel loved without wondering if the partner is not just waiting to claim what they didn't work for.

I wonder what the people who made such law were thinking
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Tunks2017(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2017
Thats why i hate American/European marriage system........... angry
In a divorce the man always loses all, the properties, cash, cars, businesses, house & Child custody............
And to add to the pain, he is ordered to pay child support to the hoe angry..............
The system never favors the black man..............
Such evil system must never be brought to Nigeria shocked
Evil black women will start to use it as meal ticket, & our Nigerian brothers will never agree angry
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Salmoneus(m): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2017
Like Chris Rock would say...he f.ucked around with a white woman, imagine the court giving all your assets to her? and she has no soul to leave you with anything? An African goddess wouldn't do that.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Bsmartt(m): 7:35am On Dec 25, 2017
I now see the reason why C. Ronaldo and John Obi Mikel refused to get married but baby daddies. I am sorry for your loss Eboue.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by proudlygunner: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2017
Why didn't you look for a proper African woman to marry? What's special about marrying an oyinbo. All these shit no fit happen for Africa
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by ibkkk(f): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2017
omooba969:

That's the real deal. You may love your wife, what if she doesn't love you? undecided

Most of them are unstable as the water. cool

Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Kay17: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2017
seunmsg:
Eboue's grace to grass story is very sad. It is even more pathetic when the source of his problem is a lady who once claimed to love him so much. This should serve as a good lesson to every man out there. It is not in our African culture for a man to work and make money and then give it to the woman to manage it. Don't ever entrust all your assets to a lady no matter how much love you proclaim for each other. The idea of a joint account or joint ownership is nonsense. Let there be a delineation. An African man is not expected to declare all his earnings and assets to his wife for a reason.

Our African male stars also have to stop this silly trend of marrying white women once they become rich and famous. Go back to your country and marry a girl from there. Don't ever marry under any stupid European or American law. Marry under the law of your country. If things go wrong, get elders from your respective places to intervene and when reconciliation is no longer possible, you can divorce quietly without her clearing you out. If you must marry under European or American law, fvcking sign a prenuptial agreement.

Ahmed Musa divorced his first wife without losing anything significant. He probably wouldn't have gotten away easily with the divorce if he had married a white British woman initially.

That hardly works again. Certain legal aspects of a marriage done in an African country under customary laws can be dismissed in a court's consideration. Fernandez case is one of such instances. Despite the fact he married his wife in Ondo under customary law, she still got half of everything
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Adayi1(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2017
He is the cause of his own predicament. Instead of marrying from ivory coast, he prefer an oyibo woman that is only there for his money.
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by kachi19: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2017
KenModi:

There are always two sides to a story. Learn to listen to both before judging.

What's there to hear? " He drink alot" "he sleep around" " he party upandan" or "he doesn't give me and my kids attention or care" or "he isnt giving me sex anymore" e nor de pass like that na... doesn't take away the fact that it is his life's work, his sweat and toil and not the gold diggar's...
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 25, 2017
Well we have heard only Eboue's side of the story.......

Whatever the case, I don't think his ex wife should be treating the father of her kids this way. What will she tell them when they grow up?!
Re: Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything by meneski(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2017
kachi19:
See how a woman ruined. And only a devil will bring a man to nutt without a single string of pity even willing to take more of his sweat and make him suffer for what? At most infidelity... And Why TF is a woman allowed to take all from a man because they're "divorcing"?? In my life time i witnessed many high celebs who's been bankrupt by their wives who took marriage as wealth empowerment strategy, good business huh? Well i pray for eboue as a person. God help him indeed and raise him again
but there is something i don't understand, dis divorce thing how them dey do am?

Because E B like say na women in dey favour!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Fans Ecstatic With What Diego Costa Did To Sergio Ramos Yesterday / Nigeria Vs Guinea Bissau: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 1) On Friday 24th March 2023 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.