Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,186 members, 7,932,035 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:44 PM

Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt (13151 Views)

Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / 'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by gidson12(m): 11:14am On Apr 06, 2010
Deep Soul:

Ikengawo,

It's obvious you have never seen nor heard of Police t-shirts, Sun glasses, Wrist watches etc.

Please do us all and yourself a big favour by going to www.google.com , type in 'Police t-shirts' , click on search and quit making yourself look and sound silly  lipsrsealed

i fear 4 d guy o!, i guess that his uncle who is a police are part of the problem plagueing the nigeria police force which is adversly affecting common masses
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Ben13: 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
I've Always Known The Nigeria Police To be The Problem Of This Country.
Many Are Illiterates And Are Low In Thinking.

Police Being A Brand Name Isn't Impersonation. Tseeew~!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by switch411(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ poster
   The Nigerian Police has no right to arrest you and you can infact press charges for false imprisonment ,police brutality and illegal arrest. if you are interested in doing this contact me. i will offer you free representation!! In the civilised world shirts carry 'ARMY'   USARMY   'Police'  as brand names with no stress. contact me if you want a redress.

NB

infact i intend to go and buy those type of T-shirts ans start wearing (set traps for mumu Nigerian police) make dem come lose their job. last two weeks i took on 3 MOPOLS and they ran away eventually. so i doubt if they will even have the liver to arrest me in the first place. i sympathise with NIgeria.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by switch411(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2010
Insert Quote
@ poster
The Nigerian Police has no right to arrest you and you can infact press charges for false imprisonment ,police brutality and illegal arrest. if you are interested in doing this contact me. i will offer you free representation!! In the civilised world shirts carry 'ARMY' USARMY 'Police' as brand names with no stress. contact me if you want a redress. contact me if you want to enforce your right. mail akinomoakin247@gmail.com its pro bono (FREE)

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2010
how does this t-shirt have anything to do with nigeria police?

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikengawo:

[size=30pt]YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR CLOTHES THAT INDICATE YOU'RE IN THE MILITARY OR POLICE IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.[/size]
this is a LAW in that country. These fools wearing the shirt are proof of a growing RULE OF LAW. you BREAK THE LAW you GET PUNISHED
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, are u a police man?
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2010
switch411:

Insert Quote
@ poster
The Nigerian Police has no right to arrest you and you can infact press charges for false imprisonment ,police brutality and illegal arrest. if you are interested in doing this contact me. i will offer you free representation!! In the civilised world shirts carry 'ARMY' USARMY 'Police' as brand names with no stress. contact me if you want a redress. contact me if you want to enforce your right. mail akinomoakin247@gmail.com its pro bono (FREE)
  exactly the way i use to deal with them when ever am in town, expecially in Ikeja, they are scared of me even in the night when i do go clubing grin grin grin grin, laugh in the word that scared them away from me" i go use my lawyer sack you o oga police" they knw they are doing the wrong thing, but the victims never knw their write.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by octar6: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikengawo:

no, my uncle worked as a police man, the law says you cannot wear anything that suggests you're military and the police in nigeria is a branch of the military.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
THE POLICE IS NOT A BRANCH OF THE MILITARY.
@GIDSON12, SORRY THAT U WERE A VICTIM OF THE POLICE.THEY R THE MOST DAFT RETARDS IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW.RECRUITING ILLITRATES EVERYDAY.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by galatico(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
Nigerian Police are iliterate, am not surprised that they arrested and charged you for inpersonation, they are simply dumb ass!!!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by IbrahimB: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2010
Don't do it again.  smiley
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Digriz(m): 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
Putting on such uniforms is even risky coz arm robbers cn mistaken u as a police during an operation and u got shot.i hv sn where an innocent guy was shot during an operation cos he wore a military camouflage shirt,so its best for ur own sake to avoid that for safety precaution.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Fraba(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Ikengawo
It either you are Policeman, related to one or just full of S$%t.
so if you wear a T-shirt that has Fela on it, then you are impersonating Fela?
OR
you inscribe President or even Yaradua on your Vest, then you should be arrested for Treason?

The police in Nigeria is just full of scrappy idiots that cant even make simple sentences. you wonder if those guys can actually investigate any thing.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by 77ken: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
U know say most Nigerian police officer na illiterates y play into their hands guy u get luck say ur neighbor de u for hear winnnnn. easy my church is life grin
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by kemisuga(f): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2010
Its better you avoid trouble with Nigeria Police Force. Most of them are not well educated. They may gun-down someone if arguing with them in the process. At the end, they will give report, he/she is a suspected criminal using "Police T-Shirt" as disguise. And I have never seen a Naija Police being prosecuted for killing.

BEWARE PLS!!!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by N9528GB: 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2010
Jakumo:

Gidson12, the details of your experience were frightening to read, but sadly are not surprising to learn about, given the climate of semi-anarchy that prevails on the streets of Nigeria, one of the most crime-infested countries in Africa.

Anyone who has lived in Europe or North America will have grown used to the sight of civilians dressed in assorted items of military camouflage uniform, either when going hunting, for those living in the countryside, or as a fashion statement, among city dwellers.   Similarly, Tshirts worn in the West freely bear slogans ranging from the obscene to the political, so an inscription bearing the word "Police" would raise few eyebrows.  That freedom of expression and clothing choice does not and can not translate into the Nigerian context, where armed robberies by "Men in Military Uniform" are frequent enough to be called an epidemic.

In short, Lesson 1 from Survival 101 on Nigeria's mean streets dictates that civilians  REMOVE any inscription or article of attire from their person that could REMOTELY be interpreted as having military or law enforcement significance.

Dont mind the bloody illiterates do they know what designer label is, just avoid them its only in this stupid country that we the citizens cant be proud wearing our country's army camouflage. Take a look at the united states flag or army colour are always worn  anywhere with pride in 9ja is trouble, guy just take heart.

I had an experience of such but this was back some years ago at the university of Ibadan, a girl was wearing army camouflage t-short soldiers where passing the next thing they did was to strip the cute girl of her t-shirt leaving her seductive breast exposed grin wow what a view lol

So just forget and avoid such trouble next time, I was even thinking of getting the same shirt now that I ve read this mean forget.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by pappilo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
Naija, One of the most useless countries in the world. Policemen at the entrance to a local government office once threatened to shoot me because I just walked in and didnt greet them.

I had a similar experience long ago when the soldiers at a NEPA office close to my house seized my black boots with Texas Steer boldly inscribed on them claiming it was military issue. I walked barefooted to my mums shop which wasnt very far away and reported to her. My Mum being a no-nonsense woman went back with me to the NEPA office, told the soldiers off and made sure I got my boots back.

This is off topic but it is ironic that it was the soldiers from that NEPA office were the ones who helped dislodge armed robbers from my house some months later. After the armed robbers had gained entrance I jumped the fence and ran to a police checkpoint near my house. The policemen were afraid and wasted some time then decided to ask the soldiers at the NEPA office for help. They obliged without any questions. The soldiers followed us to my house and as the robbers sighted them, they decided to leave, the soldiers shot at the robbers as they left while the policemen spectated from behind cover. The soldiers even chased after the robbers. After the robbers made their escape, the soldiers told the police to take it from their and immediately returned to the NEPA office. They asked for absolutely nothing! From That day on I started to respect soldiers and knew they could have been some of the finest in the world if it wasnt that Naija was so 4ked.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by DoubleN(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2010
Chai!What a shame! To think that this bloody illiterates are actually meant to protect and to serve the citizens of this country??
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by hexcraft(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ Ikengwa

Ignorance is a disease. The So-called police people that are perpetuating that act are simply greedy and ignorant. because "POLICE" is a FASHION BRAND NAME. please do your research. If that is a big grammar, go to google and search for "POLICE" as a designer.

Meanwhile, Na 9ja we dey, any thing and everything can happen.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Pk001(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikengawo:

[size=30pt]YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR CLOTHES THAT INDICATE YOU'RE IN THE MILITARY OR POLICE IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.[/size]
this is a LAW in that country. These fools wearing the shirt are proof of a growing RULE OF LAW. you BREAK THE LAW you GET PUNISHED
This man, I am sure you are one of those  policemen recruited from the village with little or no knowledge of designer clothes.
What do mean breaking the law? Does Naija police uniform look good like this T shirt.
Apart from that Gwoza T shirt with two riffles  that Naija mopol usually wear, do they have another T shirt?
Please don't display your ignorance here. Learn more about police designs so that you educate your colleagues and your Uncle.
This is one of the many problems of Nigerian police, they are not exposed and many of them are illiterates. So they bring envy to their work and they put money first.
Ikengawo,I beg  enlighten your colleagues o!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by jbman(m): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
Please, don't be offended the way they maltreated you. we all know that English are for those who knows the right language to use. Not all "policemen" understands the word brand. they collected 5000 from you and you slept one free night, Oh! i forgot to let you know that you paid your hotel bill, well, you might not be lucky next time. learn wisely
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Ikengawo: 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
This man, I am sure you are one of those policemen recruited from the village with little or no knowledge of designer clothes.
What do mean breaking the law? Does Naija police uniform look good like this T shirt.
Apart from that Gwoza T shirt with two riffles that Naija mopol usually wear, do they have another T shirt?
Please don't display your ignorance here. Learn more about police designs so that you educate your colleagues and your Uncle.
This is one of the many problems of Nigerian police, they are not exposed and many of them are illiterates. So they bring envy to their work and they put money first.
Ikengawo,I beg enlighten your colleagues o!

no my friend, you have no knowledge of the law.

you're not allowed to wear clothes indicating you're police/or military in the Federal Republic of Nigeria

odds are you village is desolate barren and depressing to the point that nobody there has no knowledge of designer clothes but there's no where, except your personal village, in nigeria that ppl don tknow about designer cloothes mr i haven't heard abot nigeria since the 80s.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
Apply wisdom abeg! FACT1: this is a third world country! FACT2: the police are semi literate FACT3: They are hungry and underpaid. If you dont want stress dont wear these "police" clothes, and you'll save time and money freeing yourself from their grip.

1 Like

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Ikengawo: 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2010
nah douche bag, fact 1. [size=20pt] is it is against the law to wear anything indicating you are policy or military in the federal republic of Nigeria if you are not police or military. [/size]
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by saintneo(m): 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2010
Bullshit! Can someone show me the section in Nigerian law where this applies.

@poster
from today onwards, i will remove my reading glasses anytime I come across men in uniform. WTF!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by sylve11: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikenga, are u from black and black community? cool
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by stede(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2010
this is drama
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by switch411(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikengawo:

nah douche bag, fact 1. [size=20pt] is it is against the law to wear anything indicating you are policy or military in the federal republic of Nigeria if you are not police or military. [/size]
   Please mister, quote the exact law you are refering to and state how  wearing a designer T-shirt that does not carry NPF and NOT police or military uniform  affects the Nigerian police uniform or impersonation. bearing that Nothing shall be classified as a criminal offence except it is in written form. PLEASE WHAT LAW ARE YOU REFERING TO?? answer now or for ever remain silent!!!!

NB
 People wear, Designer  gears/wears that carries Police, US ARMY in developed countries where there are laws against impersonation  but you UNEDUCATED and UN ENLIGHTENED POLICE daftts in Nigeria are just too dumbb to know the difference between inpersonation and harmless inscription on the shirt
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by sunboy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2010
Somebody help us fcuck Nigerian Police cos its a great Error! , lets adopt true federalism please and each state has its own police maybe things go change small oooo. I no go dey wear ma lovely police t-shirts again cos of police Police once arrested me of being a thief for using nokia E63 imagine my country. Bleep NAIJA!!! Nigeria, BAD LEADERS, GOOD NATION.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by octar6: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2010
@yumola, thumbs up.
@ikengwa u sound like a retard. explain ur identity 2 this forum.are u a hungry police man. better get a better job. anyway Designers like police are for the learned and exposed personalites.even for the big boys.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2010
There is no law or act or bill (in-passing) that instructs the Nigerian citizenry not towear

1: Fabrics designed in Military Camouflage  
2: Wear shorts designed in Military Camouflage  
3: Wear baseball caps designed in Military Camouflage  
4: Wear T-Shirts inscribed with POLICE or ARMY or ARMED ROBBER or POLITICIAN

But we will always have illiterate armed forces, crude in their behavior and barbaric in their sense of logic, unfortunately for the sane, there is no Democracy in Nigeria (oops you were fooled once again). If you are caught even trying to have a military fashion sense, you will be lucky to survive the beating

Peace out
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by titsqueez(m): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ikengawo:

i didnt know that "policy" was another branch of law enforcement in naija

ode
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Ikengawo: 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
[size=15pt]

Armed Forces Act

Chapter A20

(Decree No 105 of 1993)

Laws of the Federation of Nigeria
[/size]

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Armed%20Forces%20Act.htm

I'll post all the specific sections prohibting it when im doing with homework and working, but lol i always win cause everything i say is backed by facts and proof and you ppl just speculate and exaggerate.

Impersonation and the Nigerian Army

By Josephine Obute, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)

For the top echelon of the Nigeria army, one source of serious concern is the recurrent cases of people impersonating men and officers of the armed forces.

Recent reports from the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy in Lagos, show that 40 suspects were apprehended in the first half of 2009.

The suspects were, at different times, paraded by the armed forces for using army uniform and other security kits to commit crimes like extortion, car snatching and arms trafficking.

Others allegedly used the military uniform to obtain bail for suspects.

Speaking on the menace recently, Maj-Gen Eugene Nwanguma, the General Officer Commanding the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, noted that the only way to curb the menace is to control illegal importation of the kits.

Nwanguma, who spoke in Lagos, lamented that the illegal importation of the uniform had continued ``in spite of efforts of security men at the boarders''.

He decried a situation where army handkerchiefs, face caps, T-shirts, bags, knickers and belts were being imitated ``without any hindrance''.

For many observers, the ease with which the impersonators obtain the uniform is puzzling, especially since its production is exclusive to the Federal Government.

According to Nwanguma, some of the suspects arrested for illegal importation and sale of the various army kits, said they got them from the Seme Border Town in Lagos State.

Also, some of the suspects, who spoke on how they got the uniforms, swore that they purchased them from the open market.

Others said that they stole them from men in active service, while some of the suspects, who are retired or dismissed army personnel, said that they did not submit their military kits when they disengaged.

For the army officers who worry over the menace, there is some hope that effort at tackling it is making headway.

According to Lt. Col. Kingsley Umoh, Assistant Director of Army Public Relations of the 81 division, some spots, where the kits are being purchased, have been discovered.

``A young woman was arrested in April for selling army uniforms at the Seme Border and is already being tried,'' he said.

Some of those arrested for illegally using the army uniform, said that the uniform gave them the privilege to board commercial vehicles without paying fares.

``I use the uniform to escort goods in order to avoid being checked by the security agents,'' a suspect said.

Investigations have also revealed that the army uniform helps some of the users to rob passengers on highways after pretending to flag down commercial buses for routine checks.

According to Umoh, ridding the society of such fake soldiers is made difficult by the fact that some of the suspects are dismissed and retired soldiers.

He, however, rejected suggestions that some of such former army personnel were allowed to leave with their kits at departure.

``We usually de-kit them. Anyone with any kit thereafter, must have arranged that behind us,'' he said.

The army officer advised members of the public to promptly report any suspect to the security agents, stressing that there was a a coalition for such security checks.

To identify the fake soldiers, Umoh said that the public should disregard people ``who dress skeletally,'' noting that ``real soldiers wear complete kits of the military uniform''.

He also called on the serving soldiers to constantly appear on their complete military outfit to check the impersonators Cdr. Felix Ajibulu, Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Navy, Lagos, said that 25 suspected fake navy ratings and officers were arrested in the past month.

He said that the suspects, who claimed to be members of an illegal Lagos Aviation and Maritime Business School (LAMBS), were handed over to the Police for prosecution.

Cdr. Abraham Zipele, who paraded the suspects, said that 22 of them had claimed that they were students, two were instructors, while one claimed to be the owner and Director of the school.

He disclosed that two of the suspects, in navy uniform, claimed to be Merchant Navy Lieutenants in charge of training of the students onboard the vessels.

The instructors, who claimed to be members of the Shipping Federation Unit of NIMASA, had claimed that they were graduates of the said school.

According to Zipede, investigations have shown that the school was located at 14 Apapa Oshodi Express Road, Ijesha, in Lagos.

``The Director of LAMBS, Emeka Udo, claimed that the school

was registered by the Lagos State Government and has 30 students currently in the Maritime department.

``The school also runs courses in line with other Maritime Academies in Nigeria, and also claims to have ships for operations and practical. But, we know that there are only two recognised institutes that have the patent rights to give paramilitary training on naval duties.

``These schools include the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron and the Nigerian Institute of Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR) in Victoria Island,'' he said.

To check the rising cases of impersonation in the army, Zipede said that members of the public must offer the information needed to apprehend suspects, and assured that such information would be treated with the utmost confidence.

As the army and other stakeholders join hands to check the menace, analysts have said that success is only possible if soldiers minimise their interaction with criminally minded people.                        

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her 56th Birthday Today (Photos) / Kano Speaker, Deputy To Get Life Pensions, Foreign Medical Trips, Other / Gunmen Kill Three Police Officers In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.