Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,187 members, 7,932,036 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:46 PM

Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt (13152 Views)

Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / 'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by pureminded: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt

That ain't a bad idea!, cool
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
ah thank God 4 dis.i was planin 2 get dis type of cloth until i this topic discourage me,which type of police do we av in nigeria.pls nairalanders dont protest oh because i dont want any accidental discharge on any one oh.remember what happen in lagos recently.i tink 7 pple been killed by dis police wen protestin in lagos.it seems they lost their human feelins in trainin.though pple also use their uniform 4 robery bt nt police t-shirt
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by asas(f): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2010
bloody idiots wen dey can arrest u for not giving them money
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by latepa(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
The funny thing is that a police man saw me with the shirt and he said, I LOVE YOUR T-SHIRT MAN.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by RichDad1(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
latepa:

The funny thing is that a police man saw me with the shirt and he said, I LOVE YOUR T-SHIRT MAN.
i guess that na jjc 4 police.btw where was that?perhaps VI
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by idifu(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
anoda victim of life trapped in time sad
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by touchmeder: 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2010
na so naija be oh my cousin was arrested someyears back because he wore a combat trouser of camouflage fabric
the other day while i bought one for myself i remembered the incident and made a mental note NEVER EVER to wear it in public back home in Nigeria,

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by chelseabmw(m): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Nigeria police are same with super chickens grin

They both are useless
[/size]
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by obelisk(m): 12:17am On Apr 07, 2010
bottom line guys social rights in naija is just gaining ground.its growing but its growth is being hindered by a passive judiciary,corrupt legislators,ignorant police and gross apathy of naija citizenry.you will be amazed at the reasons police give 4 some arrests.sad.I once bailed a man who was arrested for sleeping in his car while waiting for his wife to come out from a mall!!!!!!!

@poster,thank God for you.just be careful,we are dealing with ego drunk ignorant military dregs called police.just be careful.
hope one day things like this will lead to a demonstration.

@Ikenagwu or whatever,please be kind to ppl who have been hurt.and be humble to say sorry when you are wrong.we are anonymous.how big can an ego get!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Apr 07, 2010
The Nigerian Police have developed a new technique to get 20 naira from innocent pedestrian walking on the streets. grin
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Cmiller(m): 12:35am On Apr 07, 2010
Police na Police.
C robbers shot na 4 lie,bt c innocent civilians arrest den police is ur friend,my broda jst knw dt dia heart is as dark as d color of dia uniform n @ nyt de turn darkness so takeheart n jst ignore wt happened.hardluck.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by alienYOUTH(m): 2:38am On Apr 07, 2010
WHAAAAAT!!! angry I've got like 10 diff't Police T-shirts, i love those shirts, they r d only things i wear. Now i have 2 walk on egg shells when i wear 'em. cry
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Theblessed(f): 3:12am On Apr 07, 2010
Good to challenge people some times but no need for abuse especially, using the  'N' word. That's not good.  In effect, you're calling all of us that name.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 07, 2010
I saw the T-shirt online they sale is for $11.99 hmm how much u paid now for purchase and bail lol help me do the calculation, wait, u should have known b4 now the niegria constitution regarding this, so what are u telling us to do?, grin grin grin hey, who need a Police T.Shirt free FOC, grin
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by harakiri(m): 3:33am On Apr 07, 2010
@Poster

Thank your stars you were only detained.I've seen a guy's head being split open with rifle butt simply becoz he wore camo back in the day (blue colored camo for that matter).It's the Nigerian factor at play here and no one seems to be doing anything about it instead, they will blame you and tell you "you should have known better.

Too bad!
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Theblessed(f): 3:43am On Apr 07, 2010
Ikengawo:

its illegal to impersonate a military officer in nigeria and the police in nigeria is a branch of the military.
that's always been the rule.

[b]Hi, thanks for your massive knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Constitution.  Yes, I have seen and read all these but, based on what I had read so far, I only saw powers guiding the Armed Forces practices/operations etc in Nigeria. 

But where in the Constitution did it say so? That, citizens must not wear cloths with Armed Forces designs/caricatures? We would like to know where, which Section and Sub-section or, Sub-sub sections can this be found i.e this 'Impersonation' thing. 

We need to know in order to free our minds and decide for ourselves as we can't allow ourselves be led by the blind/clueless.  We are sick and tired of people using the Constitution as an 'Authority' to support the use of Arbitrary powers by these Forces in abusing citizens and, this must stop. 

Also, for the 'clueless', may I say this, if you have no knowledge of what you are talking about please, stop spreading filths as this can only cause more damage to the already contaminated/confused minds of millions of people hungry for information. 

I'm seriously waiting to read the Acts and their sub-sections please, hurry up!!!!

We need to know the facts.
[/b]
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by harakiri(m): 3:51am On Apr 07, 2010
Theblessed:

Hi, thanks for your massive knowledge and understanding of the [b]Nigerian Constitution.  Yes, I have seen and read all these but, based on what I had read so far, I only saw powers guiding the Armed Forces practices/operations etc in Nigeria. 

But where in the Constitution did it say s[/b]o? That, citizens must not wear cloths with [b]Armed Forces designs/caricatures? We would like to know where, which Section and Sub-section or, Sub-sub sections can this be found i.e this 'Impersonation' thing. 

We need to know in order to free our minds and decide for ourselves as we can't allow ourselves be led by the blind/clueless.  We are sick and tired of people using the Constitution as an 'Authority' to support the use of Arbitrary powers by these Forces in abusing citizens and, this must stop. 

Also, for the 'clueless', may I say this, if you have no knowledge of what you are talking about please, stop spreading filths as this can only cause more damage to the already contaminated/confused minds of millions of people hungry for information. 

I'm seriously waiting to[b] read the Acts and their sub-sections[/b] please, hurry up!!!!

We need to know the facts.[/b]

Saying things like the bolded parts above gets people killed everyday in 9ja.The last thing any typical NPF officer wants to hear is a civilian "quoting constitution".Uncountable people have gone to the great beyond just because they were quoting an inactive/dead constitution to a frustrated officer who is completely fed up with the system.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Rmc1(m): 4:18am On Apr 07, 2010
yeye naija police harrasing innocent civilians, they should learn to differentiate btw a tee shirt with police  or with nigerian police force yeye. And most of them will take off their police uniform and put on mufty in the heat of an armed robbery crossfire. hiss
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 07, 2010
this is really very strange, i tire for our police oh.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by rare004: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2010
ni
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by oge4real(f): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2010
yeye 9ja police.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by princekevo(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2010
Nigeria is a clear picture of an animal kingdom, where the survival of the fitest becomes the order of the day.
The holy book said my people suffer becoz of lack of knowledge. It is time we set a minimum qualification level for joining the police or any forces in Nigeria. I discovered that most of this actions from our forces(mostly police) are as a result of ignorance and illiteracy. Do they even checked the dictionary meaning of impersonation or what the law explained abt it before charging you of one.

@ Ikengawo who have problem with understanding, look at what the Law explained abt impersonation.

97.       A person subject to service law under this Act who, with intent to defraud any other person, falsely represents himself to be some other person, living or dead, is guilty of impersonation and liable, on conviction by a court-martial—

(a)        if the person represents himself to be a person entitled by will or operation of law to any specific property and he commits the offence to obtain that property, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years;

(b)        in any other case, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

The poster was not arrested or found in the mist of committing any of the above act. Who was he trying to impersonate by mere wearing a T shirt with a police brand name sitting in front of his house?
Am sure if Beyonce was wearing this on any street of Nigeria, the Hungry police or millitary would have arrested her for impersonation my foot smiley smiley

Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by babsmii(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2010
a simple t-shirt with police inscription on it is not impersonating any office at all, besides they have a factory in usa and widely worn there so if there is any country at all that is against it, it should be from the originating country, it's not a special designed attire like the army so i don't see anything wrong in that. they just find ways to rake in money and they never prosper from the lowest rank to the highest.
if there should be any rich set of people in this country then it should be the police with all the bribe they collect but yet they live as wretched people, BLOODY MISCREANTS
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by BynoBaba: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2010
OK FINE, SO WE HAVE BASHED THE POLICE ENOUGH FOR 5 LIFETIMES. THE TRUTH IS THE PROBLEM NEEDS TO BE SOLVED FROM THE ROOT:

THE AVERAGE POLICE OFFICER EARNS N21,759.46 MONTHLY;HAS A WIFE AND 4 KIDS;PAYS FEES AND BUYS FOOD & CLOTHING;CONTRIBUTES TO THE FUELING AND MAINTAINANCE OF THEIR PATROL VAN (AND I KNOW MANY OF THEM PRAY NOT TO HAVE ONE, SO THEY WONT HAVE TO CHIP IN ANY MONEY!);WORST OF ALL IS THAT THEY ARE GIVEN TARGETS BY THEIR D.P.O.s EVERY DAY AND NIGHT TO BRING IN A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY!

WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO EXCEPT GET CREATIVE.

THOSE OF US ON THIS FORUM WHO HAVE PEOPLE IN POWER THAT CAN MAKE A CHANGE CAN HELP.

I HATE THEM WITH ALL MY MIGHT, BUT WHEN THERES DANGER OR A ROBBERY I WONT CALL ON VIPERMAN OR ANY OF YOU TO HELP.

CHEERS PEOPLE.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by KIDIKENYI: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2010
I really blamed the guy for wearing T-Shirt carrying police Inscription, as far as am concern police are the worse people on this planet so why should i defile my self wearing somthing that has to do with them? i have once been humiliated and robed of N700.00 in 2006 for driving a new car. they said am too young to drive a new car while they are under the sun, then i was 28 years old and when i told them that is all about destiny the police on duty seize N700.00 from my pocket and released my key in an effort to report the matter, when i finally got to a nearby town they all deserted the place with no trace till today.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:13am On Apr 07, 2010
You can all be social arm-chair activists and complain bitterly about the Nigerian Police.

The Plain Truth is "We" (Nigerians Collectively) have accepted them the way they are and have accepted their behavior as very normal.

The stubborn few who still try to make like there is justice are brutally kicked in the balls to bring them back to reality. grin
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Jakumo(m): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You can all be social arm-chair activists and complain bitterly about the Nigerian Police.

The Plain Truth is "We" (Nigerians Collectively) have accepted them the way they are and have accepted their behavior as very normal.

The stubborn few who still try to make like there is justice are brutally kicked in the balls to bring them back to reality. grin

Ha ha ha. No chit. I'll guzzle a lager to these words of sage wisdom, sir. Let those with balls of steel go ahead and TRY to impose New York and London fashion ideas on the NIGERIAN police, in order to establish how many swift kicks it will take to convert those balls of steel into balls of PAIN.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by gee2(m): 11:18am On Apr 07, 2010
we all konw that 99.9% members of the NPF are uneducated therefore are retarded and can't themselves to understand nor explain what's written in the constitution. anyone who does that must have heard from a colleague.

dressing in a fitted shirt or carrying a laptop makes you carry the trademark of a Y! boy as translated by the police so, in Naija here, you can't just freestyle yourself without being harassed by a law enforcement agent.

i have been harassed several times 'cos i'm putting on a fitted shirt on jeans trousers so, i was tagged a Y! boy and also when carrying a laptop and was told to produce the receipt of purchase and after making calls and raking i was told to bring 2k but you guyz won't believe they collected N400 and left me.

NPF actually needs re-branding and not Naija herself.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by gee2(m): 11:22am On Apr 07, 2010
we all konw that 99.9% members of the NPF are uneducated therefore are retarded and can't themselves to understand nor explain what's written in the constitution. anyone who does that must have heard from a colleague.

dressing in a fitted shirt or carrying a laptop makes you carry the trademark of a Y! boy as translated by the police so, in Naija here, you can't just freestyle yourself without being harassed by a law enforcement agent.

i have been harassed several times 'cos i'm putting on a fitted shirt on jeans trousers so, i was tagged a Y! boy and also when carrying a laptop and was told to produce the receipt of purchase and after making calls and raking i was told to bring 2k but you guyz won't believe they collected N400 and left me.

NPF actually needs re-branding and not Naija herself.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Thelmabee: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
@oyb
hmm so resourceful, do u also download educative stuff at ds speed to teach ur son.
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by pureminded: 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ps: I heard soldiers will seize anything camo you're wearing! well i've got a camo sandal and av been rocking this babe for like 3 months,

still waiting for 'em soldiers anyway,

'Em dey look face sha cheesy
Re: Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2010
Just remembered 1989, we flew into Nigeria with my younger brothers (under 5 at the time) wearing matching camo jacket/shirts + pants over t-shirts. At the airport, my parents were informed it was illegal and shouldn't be worn in Nigeria, I guess it's a miracle we weren't all arrested and charged with treason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets / Rivers APC : Inauguration Of LG, Ward Excos By Amaechi, Act Of Impunity – Abe / #bayelsadecides: Diri, Sylva, Jonathan Cast Their Votes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.